AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-11, 19:51   Link #41
Tri-ring

I thought it was great and I have to praise the VAs especially Ms. Gimiya Rie for her part making Taiga so real.
As for Minori's action and or the screen play as a whole I was anticipating a more spectacular emotional break down but I guess it was left out to focus Taiga to carry on that part.
My question is why did Minori go to Taiga's place before going to school to meet Ryuji?
I don't think the direct route takes Minori to Taiga's condo so something must have been left out.

In any casethe series wrapped up three love affections;
Kitamura × Sumire
Taiga × Kitamura
Minori × Ryuji

I wonder how long Ryuji will drag his emotions towards Minori after being rejected and how Taiga will come fowards towards Ryuji, we also still have Ami as the wild card.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:02   Link #42
puppygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
My question is why did Minori go to Taiga's place before going to school to meet Ryuji?
I don't think the direct route takes Minori to Taiga's condo so something must have been left out.
In novel it's mentioned that before meeting Ryuji Minori wanted to ask Taiga about her feelings. What she saw pretty much answered her question.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:03   Link #43
chaosprophet

This is one of the very rare times where I watched a raw... but as I already read volume 7 I decided to give it a try... it seems to be very good but will wait for the subs before I rate it.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:05   Link #44
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya Shiranami View Post
at this rate i really start to think that ryuji should go whit ami, a less traumatic couple for him
l concur, Ami might not have been a saint at the start but she has changed alot. l think they would make a better then say taigaxryuji or minorixryuji.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:08   Link #45
Tango337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
She intentionally went to Taiga's home before going to the party to ask about taigas feelings on the matter of ryuuji. And her intuition was totally correct - she wanted a confirmation of Taiga's feelings and she found massive proof. She found out how sincerely Taiga loves Ryuuji, she confirmed to herself that Taiga needs Ryuuji much.. much more. That's why Minorin goes to Ryuuji and finally says 'NO', metaphorically but directly.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:30   Link #46
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango337 View Post
She intentionally went to Taiga's home before going to the party to ask about taigas feelings on the matter of ryuuji. And her intuition was totally correct - she wanted a confirmation of Taiga's feelings and she found massive proof. She found out how sincerely Taiga loves Ryuuji, she confirmed to herself that Taiga needs Ryuuji much.. much more. That's why Minorin goes to Ryuuji and finally says 'NO', metaphorically but directly.
Yeah, he's really her only support in a sense, besides her. Though that sounds almost like Ryuji's a crutch, which he really is not. Without the other, neither would have really made as much progress as they have now. The core of that I find beautiful. Sorry for those disappointed so far.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:42   Link #47
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for for the WTMFH?!:
Old 2009-02-11, 20:46   Link #48
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Spoiler for for the WTMFH?!:
Spoiler for WTFZOMGBBQ:
Old 2009-02-11, 21:24   Link #49
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Spoiler for Kitamura:
Old 2009-02-11, 21:49   Link #50
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l concur, Ami might not have been a saint at the start but she has changed alot. l think they would make a better then say taigaxryuji or minorixryuji.
Minorin x Taiga, c'mon...
Old 2009-02-11, 21:55   Link #51
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This is the best episode to date. The emotional feedback is excellent and solid voice acting helps. Less comedy, more on story.

And Minorin is one of the best female character so far, close behind Ami in this series. All the "rival" females is much better than main lead. Strange.

The fact Minorin's monologue in the end means she do like Ryuji but she decided to put Taiga before her own feelings. People who don't like you won't do things like she did in the end of the episode.
Old 2009-02-11, 22:29   Link #52
Isekaijin

Ejem...

A week ago, I said something among the lines of not recognizing a TaigaxRyuuji relationship, unless this episode were extremely good.

Didn't expect they would do it, but I was wrong.

God, this episode was pure gold, by far one of the best, not only in Toradora! but in anime in general. Except for Kitamura acting out of place... again, this episode was beyond perfection. 11/10 if I might say that.

But it seems to close both Ami and Minorin routes, which is a shame, but what a way to do it!
Old 2009-02-11, 22:39   Link #53
Peanutbutter

Just saw subs (Chinese subs):

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-11, 22:58   Link #54
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

For those thinking that Minorin made a big saracfice you have to look at what Ryuji is doing as well.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-11, 23:27   Link #55
stormy001_M1A2

Ryuji's action speaks louder than his word. Minorin can see it, so is Ami but Ryuji is pretty oblivious. How ironic.
Old 2009-02-11, 23:38   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think its fascinating watching posters tear their shirts asunder over what Ryuuji *should* do rather than think about why he and the other characters *are* doing and why.
Old 2009-02-11, 23:43   Link #57
stormy001_M1A2

I wonder if you talking about me, Vexx when you say about torn shirt asunder part. LOL.
Old 2009-02-11, 23:46   Link #58
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Vexx, thats because one empathize with a character. But because of that it eventually turns self presentation to it as well. Not exactly a self insert but not too far from it, thats why the shirt tearing happens. Its pretty normal. I would be shocked if most would be thinking why he and the other characters *are* doing and why.
Old 2009-02-12, 00:56   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh, I just tend to follow stories as a whole -- I rarely identify with a specific character and rarely try to mentally force them into directions that may not synchronize with the forces of events within the story Now I may mentally thrash the *writer* for making poor connections within the plot.

(A, B, C..., M, .. R.. um, ..... Profit!!!)

Carry on though, the shirt sundering is interesting to watch o.O and I meant it in a humorous way. I just don't tend to self-identify with characters.

One does wonder what would have happened if Minorin had never seen what she saw to make the decision she did. But that didn't happen.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-12 at 01:12.
Old 2009-02-12, 02:57   Link #60
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I wonder if you talking about me, Vexx when you say about torn shirt asunder part. LOL.
Obviously not, since all you're doing is grinding your teeth on your underwear.