AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-10, 13:40   Link #221
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

The thing is, with every CYOA update, a whole flood of voting posts rushes in, and any fic that gets posted might get passed over, i.e voteroll(that's right, you heard this term here first!). It's hardly fair to the other fanfiction writers.

We've seen CYOAs in the fanfic thread before, so we know there's the space for such fics to sprout up. Might as well give the genre it's own thread since there's the whole voteroll thing.
Old 2009-08-10, 13:42   Link #222
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
The thing is, with every CYOA update, a whole flood of voting posts rushes in, and any fic that gets posted might get passed over, i.e voteroll(that's right, you heard this term here first!). It's hardly fair to the other fanfiction writers.

We've seen CYOAs in the fanfic thread before, so we know there's the space for such fics to sprout up. Might as well give the genre it's own thread since there's the whole voteroll thing.
I have to agree with Nya~n on this. Looking at Tempest's new CYOA, for example, it's proven to be popular and in just a couple of days it's swarmed several pages' worth of the thread. A separate thread would make it a lot easier to keep track of the CYOAs without getting the regular fics as thoroughly lost.
Old 2009-08-10, 13:58   Link #223
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Gotta agree, also that way there's no worries if someone wants to start another CYOA at the same time but is worried about completely and utterly flooding the fanfic thread.
Old 2009-08-10, 14:33   Link #224
xris
Just call me Ojisan

First, can someone VM me and at least explain what a CYOA is (please don't post an answer here, just send me a VM).

The point is, I don't think such poll-based fanfics belong in the Nanoha FanFiction Discussion thread.

From the opening post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread.
I think it would be far more suitable to create the poll-based (CYOA?) Nanoha Fanfic thread in Fan Creations and just post a link to it in the existing Nanoha FanFiction Discussion thread to let others know of its existence.

That way the thread creator can keep closer tabs as to what is happening and it doesn't clog up the FanFiction discussion thread.

There is no real need to create new threads in the Nanoha forum, just create them in the Fan Creations forum (as is stated in the opening of the fanfic discussion thread).

BTW, it is possible for me to move out certain posts and create a new thread in the Fan Creations forum. If you created one fo these poll based fanfics then please PM / VM me to let me know what need to be moved.
Old 2009-08-10, 14:45   Link #225
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think it'd be easier if you just made a social group for Nanoha CYOA fics. It won't clutter up the fanfiction threads and each story can have its own discussion thread, and each story can have a separate voting thread dedicated to it.
Old 2009-08-10, 14:57   Link #226
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I agree with what Rising said. The FFT is a challenging enough format for finding fics without these fun and successful group projects mixed in.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-08-13, 18:45   Link #227
Nagumo
Random Translator

I was wondering if there could be a thread where I can post all my translations for the Sound Stages. It seems that people are having a hard time looking for previous translations or specific one.

I will of course still post translations as I work with in the Music thread, but once I complete a Sound Stage, I'll post the entire thing in the new thread.

How about it?
Old 2009-08-13, 21:33   Link #228
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I was wondering if there could be a thread where I can post all my translations for the Sound Stages. It seems that people are having a hard time looking for previous translations or specific one.

I will of course still post translations as I work with in the Music thread, but once I complete a Sound Stage, I'll post the entire thing in the new thread.

How about it?
I can get behind this request with the burning heat of a thousand suns. At the very least, there needs to be some index of translation work; Nagumo and others have done all kinds of wonderful work that gets completely lost in the shuffle of the hundred-plus pages of the Music thread (indeed, I don't even know what's been done, let alone where to find it all ).
Old 2009-08-14, 02:34   Link #229
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post

How about it?
Could I suggest that you create the thread in the Fan Creations forum. I don't quite understand what exactly is meant by "translations for the Sound Stages" but I don't see a problem with the thread being located in Fan Creations (since the translation is a fan creation after all).

If need be, the thread could be moved into the Nanoha forum but even if it's not, it will allow easier access to whatever it is Make sure the thread title is clear, Nanoha Sound Stage Translations (or whatever youwould consider suitable).
Old 2009-08-15, 11:41   Link #230
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I was wondering if we could create a special thread for the Sound stages translation Nagumo, Passwd and others have done for us, since they are currently more or less lost within the music discussion thread. Something similar to the Higurashi TIPS threads, a thread where only translations like that can be posted.
Old 2009-08-15, 11:51   Link #231
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Nagumo has already set up a thread in Fan Creations with that purpose. You can find it here.

Old 2009-08-15, 11:55   Link #232
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Now I feel like an idiot. Geez, this has happened to me twice this week. Sorry xris. Well, just to answer xris question, the Sound Stages are just a radiodrama like extension on the Nanoha verse. The sound stages are cannon, and often fill gaps that the anime left open.
Old 2009-08-15, 11:58   Link #233
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I do find myself a bit confused as to why this thread needs to be in the fan creations forum, rather than the Nanoha subforum. We have threads for single episodes, the movie, fanfiction, technology, military, and so on. Why does this thread have to exist outside the Nanoha subforum? Wouldn't it be more functional to have all the Nanoha threads gathered in the Nanoha subforum? It'd be the first place anyone would go and look for such a thread after all.
Old 2009-08-15, 17:49   Link #234
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I do find myself a bit confused as to why this thread needs to be in the fan creations forum, rather than the Nanoha subforum. We have threads for single episodes, the movie, fanfiction, technology, military, and so on. Why does this thread have to exist outside the Nanoha subforum? Wouldn't it be more functional to have all the Nanoha threads gathered in the Nanoha subforum? It'd be the first place anyone would go and look for such a thread after all.
Because the translation is being mad by a fan, not anything official from 7arcs.

The same apply to Magical Battle Arena, the doujinshi game in whcih Nanoha, Fate, Vita, Hayate and the gadget dron appear, it's made by fans.
Old 2009-08-15, 18:14   Link #235
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Because the translation is being mad by a fan, not anything official from 7arcs.

The same apply to Magical Battle Arena, the doujinshi game in whcih Nanoha, Fate, Vita, Hayate and the gadget dron appear, it's made by fans.
And yet strangely enough, so are fansubs, manga scanlations, fanfiction, fanart, avatars and signatures. Yet these all have dedicated threads here in the Nanoha subforum.

And even so, that does not explain why it would not be more logical to have a Nanoha thread in the Nanoha subforum, rather than have it clog up the Fan Creation forum and taking the place of threads which don't have a dedicated subforum.

Books are placed on the bookshelf, clothes in the closet, so why would a Nanoha thread not be in the Nanoha subforum? It is, after all, the first place one would look for a thread involving Nanoha. And therein lies my confusion.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:10   Link #236
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And yet strangely enough, so are fansubs, manga scanlations, fanfiction, fanart, avatars and signatures. Yet these all have dedicated threads here in the Nanoha subforum.

And even so, that does not explain why it would not be more logical to have a Nanoha thread in the Nanoha subforum, rather than have it clog up the Fan Creation forum and taking the place of threads which don't have a dedicated subforum.

Books are placed on the bookshelf, clothes in the closet, so why would a Nanoha thread not be in the Nanoha subforum? It is, after all, the first place one would look for a thread involving Nanoha. And therein lies my confusion.
The more I think about it (and receive messages about it) the more I think it's more appropriate to get the Sound Stage translations in the Nanoha forum itself rather than fan creation.

The Sound Stages are definitely canon and help to understand and enjoy the Nanoha anime more. They're also quite informative about the motives of characters and reveal behind the scenes elements of the series.

I would like to have the thread ported into the Nanoha Forum, so people would stop getting confused as to where to look.
Old 2009-08-19, 12:43   Link #237
Aaron008R

Agreed. Count me in on the list of petitioners for the Tranlations thread.

The data in the Sound Stages are critical canon info that would be very useful for fanfic writers and OC-ers to know about. Having them within easy reach would be a big boon to creativity.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2009-08-19, 13:03   Link #238
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't mean to offend xris or any of the other mods, but it just seems to me like the mods are a bit too much into the habit of minimizing the creation of new threads due to the policy of the forum... I think that's why you guys are having such a difficult time getting the thread created.
Old 2009-08-19, 17:16   Link #239
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I don't object to the creation of new threads here (as long as it doesn't open the flood gates for a ton of posters all requesting their own personal CYOA or whatever).

At this point in time I'm not going to be that active so you will need to find another Mod who will move or create the new threads in this forum. One problem is there are few Mods who look in this particular sub-forum.
Old 2009-08-19, 18:54   Link #240
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, like I said before, CYOAs should be in a social group, not a thread. Much more easier to maintain that way.

Anyways, the rest of you, got any idea on who could monitor the board while xris is active elsewhere?