AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 11:31   Link #10701
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

2nd origin just made FT suck more. I thought it was passivily activated on everyone. Now every fight is going to be 2nd origin asspulls to go along with nakama asspulls.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:34   Link #10702
ShiroiRyu

Juvia and Gray teamwork, ok.
Erza new armor second origin, ok.
Laxus who won versus Jura, not ok.
Old 2013-03-01, 11:44   Link #10703
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so FT gets 63 points next week after beating lyon,cheria, minerva(assuming shes the leader)

which leaves sting and sabertooth at 55. Sting wipes out FT and gets 9 points to win maybe?
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:29   Link #10704
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
2nd origin just made FT suck more. I thought it was passivily activated on everyone. Now every fight is going to be 2nd origin asspulls to go along with nakama asspulls.
Come on man! Second origin activate means so much! Erza was holding back on everyone LOL. Kind of reminds me of super sayain.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:43   Link #10705
saravis

I think Erza's second origin is different, as her powers are determined by whatever armor she wears. So her second origin would be an armor in and of itself. This is my guess.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:58   Link #10706
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
No, just Erza was holding back on using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I think Erza's second origin is different, as her powers are determined by whatever armor she wears. So her second origin would be an armor in and of itself. This is my guess.
Second Origin is just more raw power available. It's like getting an increase in max MP in an RPG. Nothing more.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:13   Link #10707
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think that for Natsu and the others, having 2nd Origin on all the time is better since their fight pwr is based off their total sum. Erza just kept hers unactivated to use it as a reserve. She's using it smart - now she's got a literal second wind of power with which to demolish Minerva with. Waiting until she figured out her opponents magic before curbstomping them - she did the same against Midnight. Thinking about it, this is completely within her fighting style to do so.

It is probably like some shotgun styles - can choose to fire one barrel at a time or unload both at once.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:31   Link #10708
ellifeedn
Thinker

What would happen if someone lost consciousness after defeating an opponent? Would the points be lost?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:31   Link #10709
Lunarskylar

yea, i had this debate before about Second Origin being something you can develop naturally,
it was made even more clear int eh anime when Ultear did the skip on Erza and she felt no pain and they said "perhaps she had second origin already"

I'm wondering what that imprint on milliana's back is all about though...
Other villians will be shown to have second origin too

not too fond of laxus winning like that... the fight was rushed over... it could be easily be explained that laxus despite power may have stronger skills, since the 2 attack fairy magics Law and Glitter are probably both 9999+ mpf compared to Jura's 8539. Might have been easier to swallow... but meh nakama powerup... nothing you can do -.="
Old 2013-03-01, 13:51   Link #10710
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
I'm wondering what that imprint on milliana's back is all about though...
Lector escaping Minerva's clutches most likely.
Old 2013-03-01, 14:21   Link #10711
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Lector escaping Minerva's clutches most likely.
oh yes i forgot about that little bugger
so I wonder if the "impossible way" of FT winning is just that they don't lose a single member..

Or sting takes them all out at once
or at least tries to and gets stopped by lector
Old 2013-03-01, 15:22   Link #10712
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
oh yes i forgot about that little bugger
so I wonder if the "impossible way" of FT winning is just that they don't lose a single member..

Or sting takes them all out at once
or at least tries to and gets stopped by lector
yep i have this theory:
after each FT member wins sting gonna pop-up and beat all the powerless and tired ft remaining members like gajeel>gray>juvia>laxus>erza, but when he is nearly to do the final blow to defeat erza, lector gonna pop up from millanias back then sting seeing him stop of fighting and go to his emo/crybaby mode and huging lector and just for revenge against minerva gonna surrender then Ft wins by a "unexpected victory".
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 19:09   Link #10713
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Wait, something occurred to me... if I am reading page 1 correctly, then the leaders are Sting, Erza, and Lyon. If FT beats everyone but Sting, that will leave them with 59 points. Sting can then rough up the four non-leaders of FT for 4 points, leaving ST at 59 points also, a tie, with Erza and Sting. And if that is Lector with Milliana and he pops up, that would lend credence to ellessarr's theory about Sting coming to Erza last.

But I'm leaning toward Gadjeel and Sting doing the final clash. Natsu already beat down Sting and Rogue, so part of says it is time for Gadjeel to do so. If Sting beats down every else but Gadjeel, that leaves ST at 63, and FT at 59. Gadjeel would need to win to hit 64, with a come from behind victory.

Or, Mashima could have something else planned.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 19:45   Link #10714
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Wait, something occurred to me... if I am reading page 1 correctly, then the leaders are Sting, Erza, and Lyon. If FT beats everyone but Sting, that will leave them with 59 points. Sting can then rough up the four non-leaders of FT for 4 points, leaving ST at 59 points also, a tie, with Erza and Sting. And if that is Lector with Milliana and he pops up, that would lend credence to ellessarr's theory about Sting coming to Erza last.

But I'm leaning toward Gadjeel and Sting doing the final clash. Natsu already beat down Sting and Rogue, so part of says it is time for Gadjeel to do so. If Sting beats down every else but Gadjeel, that leaves ST at 63, and FT at 59. Gadjeel would need to win to hit 64, with a come from behind victory.

Or, Mashima could have something else planned.
ur actually reading it wrong Its been proven Jura was the leader of Lamia Scale. And honestly Minerva is probably leader for ST although sadly im betting FT's leader isn't laxus or erza it may actually be Gajeel
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 01:13   Link #10715
unameit

The fight is getting dissappointing... way too simple and rushed, lazy writing i say..

I think most of us get fooled almost everytime with all the hype surrounding the enemy.. the writer hyped them to some certain extent only turned out to be a big dissappointment.. None of them lived up to their hype imo..

And also the manner of fairy tail members win a fight especially natsu and erza.. everytime natsu on the pinch, he only needs to eat fire/other's power to overpower himself and it worked everytime, now even gajeel is thrown into the mix.. Then ya got erza, asspull power everytime.. I think it will be well forgotten about erza injury, 2nd origin or not, that foot injury shouldn't be wiped out of thin air..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 01:25   Link #10716
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Always knew Erza was freaky strong, but that she hadn't been using her second origin all this time? Didn't see anyone predict that, heh.
Yeah; now Kagura smacking her around makes alot more sense.

Quote:
New armor as well; wonder what it's properties are? Although the name of it implies something about her comrades.
"Nakagami" is probably a different word altogether, like "candy" and "candle". (Meanwhile, Mangastream reads it as "Tengami". Maybe "sky god"? Edit: From the raw page, it does look like kanji for "sky one god's armor." I don't know what the "one" is doing in there though.)

As for its properties, I'm betting nothing specific, just ownage in general

Quote:
If Gray/Juvia win, that is 2 more points, and if Erza beats Minvera, that is 5 points.
There's a good chance Sabertooth's team leader is actually Sting, depending on what Minerva's game is. She was pushing him to become guildmaster after he took out Gemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What would happen if someone lost consciousness after defeating an opponent? Would the points be lost?
If it was right after winning, it'd probably count as a double-KO. Don't know what happens if they wander off before fainting.

Last edited by MechR; 2013-03-02 at 01:41.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 01:36   Link #10717
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
"Nakagami" is probably a different word altogether, like "candy" and "candle". (Meanwhile, Mangastream reads it as "Tengami". Maybe "sky god"?)
Nakagami is indeed a different word altogether:

天一神【なかがみ】
(n) Ten'ichijin; Nakagami; god of fortune in Onmyoudou who descends to the northeast on the 46th day of the sexagenary cycle and completes a clockwise circuit, spending five days on each cardinal point and six days on each ordinal point, returning to heaven from the north on the 30th day of the next sexagenary cycle; travelling in the direction of Ten'ichijin is considered unlucky

Tengami is something Mangastream made up, as the furigana clearly reads Nakagami. Nakagami is also a real word that shows up in the dictionary, gets used for names, etc. Tengami is the name of some english indie game.
Old 2013-03-02, 02:16   Link #10718
MechR

Ah, thanks!
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 03:58   Link #10719
Bombo
TSF Fans

YAY next week with 36 page !!!!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 14:12   Link #10720
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
YAY next week with 36 page !!!!!
How do you know the total amount of pages? What the special occasion?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen