AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-28, 12:25   Link #41
cdpinoyx01

The Brilliant Green is great ^^.... their last cd was probably the best outa all of them imo....

Other good jpop/rock bands/ artists are Bonnie Pink, Fra-foa, and shiina ringo
Old 2004-08-28, 22:56   Link #42
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Right now I have to say Le arc en ciel, and Angela...i love stellvia's theme song, brilliant road to tomorow
Old 2004-08-29, 03:51   Link #43
IDentity
Heart of a Lion

SPEED, Utada are my faves... even though their popularity really sank big time...
Old 2004-08-31, 18:22   Link #44
rurichan

Namie Amuro
Gackt
Hikaru Utada
L arc ciel
Old 2004-09-01, 18:30   Link #45
odin

i love namie amuro
Old 2004-09-03, 15:00   Link #46
Choogy
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Choogy
Asian Kung-Fu Generation is really my favorite band out there. I found them from two separate anime openings/closings and just enjoy anything i hear from them. It's all the goodness I say.

I haven't heard many other bands (as in more than one song) but I do like Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki from what I have heard. Currently, I want to find more from those who did the Samurai 7 open and close. Rin and Aikawa Nanase...
Old 2004-09-16, 13:00   Link #47
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
X japan is in my opinion the best jrock band....

omg gonna cry soon
Old 2004-09-17, 18:43   Link #48
RecklessFire

I'd have to say right now my favorite is Angela.

Her songs have a sort of awesomeness that I don't hear very often. She rarely has a boring song, and they tend not to be too loud, as some popular artists are. Usually her songs are very original and memorable. Also... they make me want to fly!
Old 2004-09-18, 15:49   Link #49
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Zard There songs are real great, I like their lycrics and the mix of Pop and Rock influenses are perfectly mixed. The songs Ireally like and are my favorites are for example Sunao ni Ienakute, Watashi Dake Mitsumete and I Can't Tell.

L'Arc~en~Ciel The Songs of them are also very good, the melodies are very ear catching. Esspecially the later work is real good such are Ready Steady Go !!! (FMA anyone ) and Spired Dreams Inside (but Hyde sometime sounds weird when he sings English:S) But the New song Jinyu e no Shota is really fantastic

And FictionJunction YUUKA Since the I heared the songs Hitomi no Kakera, Nowhere and Inside Your Heart this is one of the best groups with L'Arc~en~Ciel and ZARD.
Old 2004-09-18, 20:44   Link #50
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
My personal favorites is Under17 and Folder5
Old 2006-06-19, 14:46   Link #51
Mamimi
cosplay freak

Send a message via AIM to Mamimi
Kana is my fav of all time
Old 2006-06-22, 04:17   Link #52
ShuiMei

Holy old thread! Oh well, might as well have my own turn at it

Hamasaki Ayumi
I know Hamasaki Ayumi doesn't have an excellent voice, but she doesn't have to to make me want to listen to her. I find her music enjoyable and that's all that matters, but her own appeal as an entertainer doesn't only come from her music, but also from her personal style and role as a fashion icon and her upfront and quirky personality. I think she's absolutely gorgeous and adorable, and I really just like listening to her music and watching her perform.

V6
Again, not the greatest bunch of singers, but it really doesn't matter. They're upbeat and uplifting songs always manage to pick up my mood and put a smile on my face. Their music is energetic, happy, and often vert cheesy but I love them still. I don't really care for music that sounds sad or depressing, I don't need songs with deep, poetic meanings, or music that is going to be groundbreaking or earth-shattering, when I listen to V6 I want to have fun and feel good, and that's what happens. Of course, most of their songs are about love, but their songs are also about enjoying life, being happy, and staying positive. I simply adore them.

BONNIE PINK
This gorgeous woman has such a clear, warm, and smooth voice, I was a casual fan before, but after seeing her live last year I just fell in love with her and her music. Normally her gentle kind of music doesn't resonate strongly with me, but with her it's different, her voice is just so powerful, but not in an overwhelming 'belt it out' sort of way, it's much more modest but deserves recognition. Her handle on the English language is excellent and while her English lyrics can get a little awkward, it has its own charm and manages to work.

There's so many more wonderful artists I'd love to go on about but I'll leave it at that for now :3
Old 2006-06-22, 11:03   Link #53
RedSorceress

the pillows
Old 2006-06-22, 13:04   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is going to be a little offbeat looking at the rest of the posts... but one of my favorites (I have a favorite in each sub-genre) is Ua.

Ua is a very independent lady and has a jazzy blues style I like very much. She's also quite the experimentalist ranging from cabaret to avant-garde unlike most singer/groups that find a rut and stay in it.

For pure fluff I find euro-jpop cute... Hinoi Team and Zone are fun to do house and yard chores to (and they're pretty damn cute --- cute wins ).

I also like some of the voice actress Asakawa Yuu's work ... unless most VAs - she doesn't follow the rut in that poppy sappy route: some pretty hard rock and jazzy stuff. I guess she's the "bad girl" of VAs and she's attractive in a cool way.

I'm having a real tough time finding what I'll call "hard rock" japanese style. I've got one cut from a character CD that almost fits the need (the track from Negima's Evangeline CD). Something along the lines of Zepp, Tull, AC/DC, ZZTop ... something with a little power to it... not just industrial or metal. I've heard a bit of the long ago group Shonen Knife ... they're almost there.

I've been told to check out L'Arc~en~Ciel so I'm looking for some samples before I buy.

In many cases, I find the singers have great voices but they're given crap to sing. The singer (Lia) that cut the acapella version of Azora in the AIR OST has a soaring voice but all of her musical release work makes me ill (forgettable poppy sugar).

Ah well... re-listenable music is a never-ending search.
Old 2006-06-22, 22:38   Link #55
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Utada Hikaru for me and Dir en grey for my sis
Old 2006-06-23, 01:22   Link #56
seiftis
~defying fate

Currently I'm sticking to:

- Do As Infinity
- See-Saw (they're pretty inactive these days, and I've not heard news about Chiaki at all)
- FictionJunction YUUKA (Nanri Yuuka + Kajiura Yuki <3 )
- The Brilliant Green
- Crystal Kay
- Mizuki Nana
- Utada Hikaru
- Sakamoto Maaya
Old 2006-06-23, 01:45   Link #57
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I'm not that much into Jpop or Jrock, but I bought Rosso last album, and it really rocks.
Then I loved SADS OP for IWGP drama. The voice is great. So I guess I'd say SADS.
Old 2006-06-23, 02:42   Link #58
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think it's either Suga Shikao or Spitz. I just can't get enough of their Honey and Clover music - all of their songs are equally soulful, moving, and romantic.
I should add Suneohair for their Waltz, but that's the only thing I've heard from them, so I can't conclude yet.
Old 2006-06-23, 11:44   Link #59
lavielove

Hikki became a rocker and I don't like her anymore. She has an amazing voice and attraction,she should still singing pop and groove like before.

Ai Otsuka came from the cute planet and she's an alien.omega-cute-alien girl for me.I used to go dating with her in my day-dreams.

Hinoi Team A team of my girl friends. The first time I want to be a king kong is not after watching the Peter Jackson's movie but after watching their music video.

Younha When I started seeing Bleach ending song, I thought the singer would be like 30+ years old lady because of a big voice.But I was wrong.My favourite korean girl.

Morning Musume Do I need to say something about them ^^;;

Ketsumeishi It's kind of like I'm addicted to their songs.I used to listen their songs on the train,walking , smoking ,working . Actually most of the time.I respect them (\^_^)\

Ayumi , too much makeup. I would have like her if her makeup a layer thinner.
Boa, become quite fat. Need more excercises ^^;;
Puffy Ayumi, so ugly.
Ikimonogakari, only one song,Sakura, is likeable.The rest is just ok.

Actually there are alot more.I can't bring all of them in here ^^;;

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-06-23 at 12:08.
Old 2006-06-23, 17:45   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'm having a real tough time finding what I'll call "hard rock" japanese style. I've got one cut from a character CD that almost fits the need (the track from Negima's Evangeline CD). Something along the lines of Zepp, Tull, AC/DC, ZZTop ... something with a little power to it... not just industrial or metal. I've heard a bit of the long ago group Shonen Knife ... they're almost there.
Heh, i know which song you're talking about - Maze of the Dark, fits Evangeline perfectly.

If you want another song just like that, you should give Waiting For... by Yo Reiri a listen to, its the OP to the 2005 Guyver TV series.