AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-09, 12:15   Link #161
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
I say it's the bad endings that makes the game.
Well considering it's a ero game about high school adolescent teens with plenty of paths and alternate endings to choose from. I, myself wouldn't exactly say that majority played the game just to see the bad ending. If that's the reason for someone to play it, they might as well just download the ending from some site and just watch it.

It's the story and characters, that usually draws people in. Yes the alternate endings would increase the replay value but bad endings alone don't sell.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:21   Link #162
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Well considering it's a ero game about high school adolescent teens with plenty of paths and alternate endings to choose from. I, myself wouldn't exactly say that majority played the game just to see the bad ending. If that's the reason for someone to play it, they might as well just download the ending from some site and just watch it.

It's the story and characters, that usually draws people in. Yes the alternate endings would increase the replay value but bad endings alone don't sell.
Personally I find the story and characters of the game utterly mediocre. the bad endings alone don't become the whole game, but what I meant was that it's the bad endings that makes the game famous and somewhat memorable. (but I still don't think the game is anywhere near exceptional anyway, even with those bad endings, it's just ranging from mediocre to slightly above average )
Old 2007-09-11, 14:51   Link #163
Kristen
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-11, 15:51   Link #164
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It is official - there has been an outbreak of heavy duty crack in the studio producing the anime. Ep11 seems absurdly ridiculous. That said, it seems like we somehow might end up with 'To my children'. The scripters have simply let all hell lose >.> Next episode title: School Days, which doesn't tell me much ... well, at least 'Minna no Makoto', which was this week's title, proved to stand for the same thing it does in the game >.>
Old 2007-09-11, 15:55   Link #165
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Frankly, i'm so annoyed by the last episode that it is even hard to imagine what will happen.

first, no, i can't believe they "tried to mess the players so no one would predict what would happen". they simply shuffle nearly everything like bunch of retards, and the result is simply surrealist and "laughable" in a degree.

Considering that Kotonoha didn't use any knife, i'm not exactly trusting the zoom on sekai's knitchen knife in this ep.
Also, in "to my children", she kinda realizes she is pregnant while she knew about Makoto's affair.
Here, she is... wait what? lovey dovey at his mention when he is patting her belly?

no seriously, it might look like to my children, it MIGHT happen (god damn, it doesn't look realist either), but it is simply idiotic.

i will be frank: if they pull a "everything was a dream, Makoto was just having nocturn phantasm about the girls", i would even accept it as a "good" deus ex machina.
but seriously, no way in FROZEN HELL they will give a "decent" (not even good, i mean it : DECENT) end.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:02   Link #166
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Frankly, i'm so annoyed by the last episode that it is even hard to imagine what will happen.

first, no, i can't believe they "tried to mess the players so no one would predict what would happen". they simply shuffle nearly everything like bunch of retards, and the result is simply surrealist and "laughable" in a degree.

Considering that Kotonoha didn't use any knife, i'm not exactly trusting the zoom on sekai's knitchen knife in this ep.
Also, in "to my children", she kinda realizes she is pregnant while she knew about Makoto's affair.
Here, she is... wait what? lovey dovey at his mention when he is patting her belly?

no seriously, it might look like to my children, it MIGHT happen (god damn, it doesn't look realist either), but it is simply idiotic.

i will be frank: if they pull a "everything was a dream, Makoto was just having nocturn phantasm about the girls", i would even accept it as a "good" deus ex machina.
but seriously, no way in FROZEN HELL they will give a "decent" (not even good, i mean it : DECENT) end.
Wouldn't that then make it fit in with the series? If it is idiotic, then according to many of the people, it is bound to happen.

I don't know. I think how they are putting it together is impressive. Unless Episode 11 is really that bad, I think that if they can pull everything together, it could be one of the better endings I've seen.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:42   Link #167
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I don't think ep 11 is bad. Having Sekai knocked up and Makoto sleeping around even more is a great set up to push Sekai over the edge and leads straight to the one ending we all love.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:53   Link #168
Chewy

Even if Sekai does the stabbing next episode, this series is still crap. You can't build Kotonoha's pain up for that many episodes, then ditch it and have Sekai pull it off. It's ridiculous.
Old 2007-09-11, 17:48   Link #169
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I just love how ep 11 was able to foresake any logic and reason as to why he sluts jumped all over makoto (ive heard of a chick magnet but this is just rediculous )
Its entertainment for me to he how highschool drama can screw up like this ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-11, 18:25   Link #170
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Even if Sekai does the stabbing next episode, this series is still crap. You can't build Kotonoha's pain up for that many episodes, then ditch it and have Sekai pull it off. It's ridiculous.
It could be a Deux Ex Machina. I like it.
Old 2007-09-11, 19:17   Link #171
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Or perhaps by some strange twist he and every girl he slept with ends up in Sekai's mom's restaurant kitchen and they all take a turn at butchering him to serve as nutrient for Sekai's baby.
Old 2007-09-12, 02:11   Link #172
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Or perhaps by some strange twist he and every girl he slept with ends up in Sekai's mom's restaurant kitchen and they all take a turn at butchering him to serve as nutrient for Sekai's baby.
I liek this ending very much
Old 2007-09-12, 02:19   Link #173
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
what a violent ending...... but too cruel till it turns no more romantic but horror......
Old 2007-09-12, 08:04   Link #174
Kristen
*Author

So, after actually seeing episode 11, I think I have my final prediction.

Makoto-Kotonoha does not last long. She has hope, but then she goes to school and hears the rumors that Sekai is pregnant. She cracks again, this time for good. I think this will result in an ultimate hatred of Sekai, possibly leading to a "Bloody Conclusion" ending.
However, I'm starting to doubt a bloody ending. I think an anime original ending with Makoto completely abandoned, save for Sekai and her child, is very likely.

I can definately conclude that episode 11 got things going on the downslope to a conclusion. At least they didn't add in more plot twists.
Old 2007-09-12, 08:32   Link #175
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
However, I'm starting to doubt a bloody ending. I think an anime original ending with Makoto completely abandoned, save for Sekai and her child, is very likely.
Is that really abandoned?

What'd be the moral of the story, "be a fucking retard and you'll find happiness"?
Old 2007-09-12, 08:41   Link #176
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
What'd be the moral of the story, "be a fucking retard and you'll find happiness"?
More like, "don't forget to wear a condom while having sex, you might get more than what you're asking for".
Old 2007-09-12, 08:51   Link #177
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Is that really abandoned?

Does this story need a moral? But I think it would be something along the lines of "Be careful with what you do, or you may end up with something you don't want." Maybe they can show how he truly loves Kotonoha, but is stuck with Sekai because of the child.
Old 2007-09-12, 08:53   Link #178
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
Old 2007-09-12, 10:45   Link #179
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Quote:
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
Agreed... School Days will have to leave a strong impression to tie all the crap up...
Old 2007-09-12, 11:03   Link #180
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

I don't think that they would even consider a happy ending. Otherwise, they'd know that the fans would go into a fit of outrage and it would be nominated multiple times for the series with the worst ending.

Or how about this for an original ending? Every girl Makoto has had sex with is pregnant with a child of his, and they all tell him about it.