AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-18, 08:01   Link #41
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Actually I would like that. Grandma dies, inn goes bankrupt and Ohana has to work her butt off. Drama yeh!
Fukuya Inn then?
Old 2011-05-18, 08:40   Link #42
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
But for how I see things, this is primarily a story about growth. And death is a part of growth just like love, work, school, friendships, rivalries, happiness, sadness are.

From this perspective, I wouldn't see it as out of context. I'd have a different kind of qualm, the fact that so far Grandma hasn't really played a great role in the story (if we except her grand debut in episode 1 she didn't do much after that, other than becoming fonder of Ohana and some little details about her past being shown). So perhaps, if that is going to happen, we'll have a set up that will warm up the audience towards her much more. In these kind of shows, they usually don't kill a character for the sake of it.
Agree with you there, I think the start set it up for a dramatic story about growth. What I can say now is that it is the calm before the storm. In drama a huge number of things can be used to increase the dramatic effect, romance, death, farewell these sort of things are very likely at any point still.

Another recurring point that has been brought up is the inn's bad situation so that will likely play a role too.
Old 2011-05-22, 15:00   Link #43
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I don´t think Ohana´s grandma will be dying anytime soon. At least not in episode 10. As for Kissuiso going bankrupt...hmm, I guess that´s a possibility but again I think its too early.

I'll take a wild guess and say that either:

1. Ko confesses to Ohana again, but this time Ohana responds by turning him down. (Or accepting him...20% chance?)
2. Minko confesses to Tooru (hardly doubt it)
3. Ohana´s mom comes to Kissuiso (Maybe a 30% chance?)
4. Ohana is called back to the city by her mom (15% chance?)

Meh, Idk, my theories are just theories. Don't throw rocks at me Ko/Ohana fans! D:
Old 2011-05-29, 11:47   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, the big event in episode 10 is Ohana... getting a cold? No, there has to be something more to this. At any rate, I think we can cross out anything involving Ko. He's had his dose in episode 9.
Old 2011-05-29, 12:06   Link #45
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
(edited after I realised I got the voice actors wrong from the preview):

My speculations on episode 10:

From the preview of episode 9, it looks like Ohana is being called to go back home and leave the inn. Preview suggest that Ko is desperate to have her back, but I smell something fishy. I think it might Ohana's mother or even her grandmother. The scenes with Ohana and Tooru suggests that Tooru may encourage to do so... or maybe even make an indirect confession on top of it - like asking her to go on a "date" once she gets over her cold but Ohana is too brickheaded to understand. Meanwhile, back in the city things steam up between Ko and that new girl.

I think I read/watched way too much shoujo manga and teen dramas

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-05-29 at 12:22.
Old 2011-05-29, 18:34   Link #46
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

^I think it's waaay too early for Tohru to do something like that. I'm pretty sure he realizes that Ohana is a lot younger than him and would try not to... make moves on her? (Like Skip Beat) Oh wait, but he did in the preview... With possible ulterior motives... But Ohana's sick so he has a good excuse >.> lol
Old 2011-05-30, 05:09   Link #47
taofd

I'm betting we're going to see the first overt / explicit sign of Tooru's attraction to Ohana in episode 10. At this point, I don't think Ohana is attracted to Kou. She's still struggling to understand what it even means for her to be romantically interested.

Knowing Ohana, when Tooru finally confesses, she's either going to be:
1) Clueless
2) Apologetic (she may have noticed, but doesn't know what to do since Minko obviously has an attraction towards him. If she is entertaining the notion, she may be indecisive and not really understand the concept of romantic engagement.

There will probably be a backlash from Minko as well :/.

Someone mentioned pregnancy earlier in the thread. I think it's certainly a possibility- a lot of people have drawn parallels between Ohana and her mother. Is it that hard to believe that history may repeat itself?

I think the difference however, is that Ohana represents an opportunity for her grandmother to rebuild her relationship with her granddaughter and ultimately forgive her daughter for making whatever decision she made all the years ago that is reminded by whatever Ohana does this time around.

Quote:
^I think it's waaay too early for Tohru to do something like that. I'm pretty sure he realizes that Ohana is a lot younger than him and would try not to... make moves on her? (Like Skip Beat) Oh wait, but he did in the preview... With possible ulterior motives... But Ohana's sick so he has a good excuse >.> lol
She's what, 16? Tooru is 23 so the gap is not THAT much. Keep in mind that they're pretty far in the country side.

And yeah, it's a questionable gap (at least in the states), but it's possible with parental consent, and since her grandmother is acting as guardian... Once again, I don't know the statutory laws in Japan, but I get the inkling that it's probably within acceptable bounds. Also, Tooru is clearly NOT being portrayed a pedophile.
Old 2011-05-30, 07:08   Link #48
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I've seen too many anime pairings as it is that honestly it would be better if the MC ends up with no one unless its painstakingly obvious who is going to come out on top. On that note I don't think Ohana will accept anyone's confession in the end.

And the series has to end with the thing with Ko-chan completely fleshed out at the least. As of yet still no expectation.
Old 2011-06-01, 02:57   Link #49
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Let me just reitarate that no one will end up getting pregnant here. The only one I can remotely see getting there is Tomoe, given her age, but I find even that unlikely considering episode 10 is just around the corner, hardly enough time for her to get into a relationship, and she certainly doesn't seem as irresponsible as Ohana's mom. And if it happens to any of the other girls, especially Ohana, rest assured this anime will end badly. I don't need to remind anyone about School Days again, I hope
Old 2011-06-01, 03:20   Link #50
shishio

No! just stay innocent and maintain the slice of life feel. i don't need pregnancy drama going on It will ruin the feel and the story. This story is about Ohana getting stronger mentally not getting bigger physically
Old 2011-06-01, 13:41   Link #51
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

A big event in episode 10. Hmm, well, I think we can pretty much cross out Ko from this big event, since he went back to Tokyo.

Ummm, Ohana`s first kiss maybe? xD Idk, maybe...or umm, Ohana suddenly getting a call from her mom.
Old 2011-06-02, 08:59   Link #52
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

I really want to see Ohana's mom again (Satsuki right?) so that we can find out what's going on between her and Grandma. Lots of drama, perhaps?

What about Ohana's dad? :O I want to know more about him too, but he hasn't been mentioned at all.
Old 2011-06-02, 10:04   Link #53
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
A big event in episode 10. Hmm, well, I think we can pretty much cross out Ko from this big event, since he went back to Tokyo.

Ummm, Ohana`s first kiss maybe? xD Idk, maybe...or umm, Ohana suddenly getting a call from her mom.
Satsuki coming to the inn to pick up Ohana? That WOULD be an element they'd barely hint at in the trailers.
Old 2011-06-02, 19:16   Link #54
hanashi

Maybe we'll get a new staff member? It looks like there's room on the steps for another person and if they get more business because of the review...

Or maybe Ohana and Tooru find out they're in love triangles!
Old 2011-06-03, 23:32   Link #55
hanashi

Hey, we're getting closer to Sunday but we can still speculate! Does anyone want to guess why Minko has such a big smile on her face in the preview? Judging from the background, she's standing on the bed (like Nako was at the beginning of the clip) and talking to Ohana. We've never seen her with a smile that big before.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:22   Link #56
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

That sounds about right.

And subforum DOES seem to quite up a bit in thew 2-3 days prior to a new episode airing. Anticipation for new content? Or do we just run out of things to say by then?
Old 2011-06-04, 10:12   Link #57
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ I think we just run out of new things to say.

As for Minko, Ohana probably tells her something along the lines of: "I'm sorry for getting sick and for causing all of you trouble today."

And Minko starts to think that Ohana might not be so bad after all.
Old 2011-06-04, 12:19   Link #58
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
^ I think we just run out of new things to say.
Figured as much

Though we should have more to talk about by tomorrow.
Old 2011-06-04, 13:05   Link #59
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
Does anyone want to guess why Minko has such a big smile on her face in the preview?
Perhaps Ohana really is dying this time.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2011-06-05, 11:47   Link #60
hanashi

Judging from the preview (It looks like a flashback episode to Ohana's time in Tokyo with her mom for those who haven't seen the ep yet), her mom might be showing up sooner that we thought...

I would have thought that they'd save something with that much potential drama until the end. Or maybe I'm wrong about the potential for drama. Ohana might have been disappointed by her mother so many times that a potential confrontation wouldn't actually have that much dramatic oomph.
Closed Thread