AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 00:13   Link #481
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Not to mention that it seems pretty short to me. It feels like it's even shorter than umineko 1st ep but I'm not sure...

Quote:
I notice that dai seems to be reusing a few tunes from Umineko, hmm? "Kaze" seems to be partly a "Hope" remix, and I swear I heard "Happiness of Marionette" in "Black Knight." Not that I'm complaining, mind, I just didn't expect to hear Umineko in my RGD. Highly impressed with the soundtrack, though, as is usual for 07th Expansion.
It's a pretty good remix though It also gives me nostalgia when the BGM starts playing..

The vocal BGM that plays on the last chapter was also pretty damn epic.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 05:57   Link #482
NullApostle

Thanks for the release, guys. Can't wait for the weekend to finally play it.
NullApostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 06:30   Link #483
Bern-san

Thank you so much for the translation and your hard work

My thoughts after finishing it is that it was very good. From chapter 3 onwards I couldn't stop playing and became totally engaged with the story
Spoiler for end of season 1:

The BGM was impressive as always, I also noticed the Umineko remixes but they were ok. When I went to the music box I was surprised because it gave me the impression that there were more tracks. The vocal BGM like Von Himmel said was great.

I have a love-hate relationship with Miguel. I raged with some of his actions but on the other hand he's so fabulous and such a psycho.
Meryl and Stella were easily the best female characters, especially Meryl.
I can't see how Butler became first in the character poll aside from the fact of having Battler's design and his boobie obsession. I prefer Leo for example.

I have one question, which card was higher in the mini game, Leo (K) or Rose?

Oh and a shame we don't have TIPS. I know that there's no point in having them but I still felt so sad when I realized it. At least the artbook that came with the game has all those character designs and 4-komas.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:57   Link #484
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'm curious, and I'm fine with a couple spoilers, but does there appear to be any 'meta' type themes as there has been in most of 07's past work (Higurashi/Umineko/Higanbana)?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 10:00   Link #485
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

There's one line with Claudia's narrative when she speaks (in her inner thoughts of course) about 'the readers'. I'll just assume that line was meant for Julie's report and it speaks about the global narrative instead of Claudia's inner thoughts.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 22:18   Link #486
TW25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I have one question, which card was higher in the mini game, Leo (K) or Rose?
The Rose card is worth more.

Well, I finished Season 1 today and here's my final score. Much, much improved over my original score thanks to Onscripter's smooth gameplay.

Spoiler:
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 06:18   Link #487
actawesome

I'm only done with chapter one for now, but its really grasped me. Thank you so much Witch-Hunt for translating yet another thing for me to obsess over! I'll post more thoughts once I'm done.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 09:44   Link #488
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

My God, Duel of Rose has to be one of the best BGMs I've ever heard.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:52   Link #489
NullApostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
Hey the translation for RGD artbook is done however according to Ryu and the translator it contains a lot of spoilers (for stuff that doesn't even happen until chapter 4 of 5 atleast). PM me if you want it.
Maybe you could upload it to a filesharing site now that WH has released their patch?
Old 2013-01-31, 11:26   Link #490
baratomaya

Hi!

I just bought Rose Guns Days Season 1 from Mandarake. They don't have Rose Guns Season 2 though and I can't buy it off Amazon.co.jp.

Anyone know where I can get Season 2?
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 11:34   Link #491
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Hi!

I just bought Rose Guns Days Season 1 from Mandarake. They don't have Rose Guns Season 2 though and I can't buy it off Amazon.co.jp.

Anyone know where I can get Season 2?
Hmmm… Most places that ship internationally seem sold out. There are a couple of listings on the Rakuten Global Market, though:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s...tem/9157418-0/
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s...tem/9157418-1/
Old 2013-01-31, 11:48   Link #492
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Hmmm… Most places that ship internationally seem sold out. There are a couple of listings on the Rakuten Global Market, though:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s...tem/9157418-0/
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s...tem/9157418-1/
Thanks so much!

Erm, is there any difference between the two you listed, or is it just in price?
Old 2013-01-31, 11:53   Link #493
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

As far as I can tell, there's no difference apart from the price. It's a bit strange, but Suruga-ya does that sometimes…

I've ordered from them before, but I'll warn you that the purchasing process isn't exactly streamlined. Some people may prefer to wait until it's available again from another website.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:59   Link #494
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
As far as I can tell, there's no difference apart from the price. It's a bit strange, but Suruga-ya does that sometimes…

I've ordered from them before, but I'll warn you that the purchasing process isn't exactly streamlined. Some people may prefer to wait until it's available again from another website.
Heh, that is strange.

Edit: Yeah, I chose the right shipping method now. Ordered now. xD

Last edited by baratomaya; 2013-01-31 at 12:03. Reason: Correction
Old 2013-01-31, 12:03   Link #495
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yup, that's right. I think last time I ordered, the options were in Japanese which was kinda iffy. The Rakuten Global Market is still quite new, so I guess they still haven't finished translating everything into English and some parts still aren't exaclty intuitive.
Old 2013-01-31, 17:10   Link #496
NullApostle

So I just installed the game. Looks good so far. Gonna play for real on the weekend.

But one issue: I want to increase the window size. How do I do that?
And what size would you recommend so it still looks good?

I'm playing on a laptop and I don't want to use fullscreen mode since it looks ugly with thick black bars left and right.
Old 2013-01-31, 18:47   Link #497
The Creator
Golden Emperor

Yay~! Thanks a lot guys.

I knew i had to bookmark this thread >_<
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 23:31   Link #498
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Just finished it. Pretty damn good. I honestly wasn't expecting too much, because I convinced myself it wouldn't reach Umineko's level. However, Rose Guns Days was really good. Definitely worth the read. I kind of want the battle pictures though, they were cool

Spoiler for End:

Spoiler for a little more:

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2013-01-31 at 23:41.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 06:16   Link #499
SubaruSumeragi

Hi Yirba,

If my memory serves me right, you wanted to try out some patching for Higanbana and Rose Guns Days for hiding the text. Is this still on your to-do-list? Is it even possible or would it interfere with WH's translation?

It's a shame that you can't hide the text like in previous works.
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:34   Link #500
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullApostle View Post
So I just installed the game. Looks good so far. Gonna play for real on the weekend.

But one issue: I want to increase the window size. How do I do that?
And what size would you recommend so it still looks good?

I'm playing on a laptop and I don't want to use fullscreen mode since it looks ugly with thick black bars left and right.
It is possible to do that by creating a file called "ons.cfg" in your game folder, containing the text "window-width=800", if you wanted a window 800 pixels in width. However, this could potentially make things run slower, making the shooting minigames more difficult. Therefore, increasing the window size this way isn't really recommended.

Another method would be to lower your display's resolution. Therefore the window will still be the same size in terms of pixels, but will physically be bigger on your screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSumeragi View Post
Hi Yirba,

If my memory serves me right, you wanted to try out some patching for Higanbana and Rose Guns Days for hiding the text. Is this still on your to-do-list? Is it even possible or would it interfere with WH's translation?

It's a shame that you can't hide the text like in previous works.
I spent a fair amount of time trying to get that to work, but I couldn't really figure out a solution. I'm sure it's possible, though. I've been quite busy with other things, but I'll probably have another go at it sometime.

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel