4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-19, 08:02   Link #141
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually Takai I agree that it was absolutely predictable that Eren wouldn't be able to control his titan power, because... well so far he's never been conscious at all while in Titan form, why in the world one would think he'd be able to right off the bat? Even Armin had his evident doubts about that, that wasn't even foreshadowing, it was shoved on our face.

So I'd rather question how you weren't able to predict that.

Now if you predicted that Eren would try to kill Mikasa, that would have been quite a feat, but unless proven wrong I think it's safe to state that that was pretty unexpected.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 19:45   Link #142
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Just watched the recent episode. The part that I really enjoyed the most was the new resolve of the soldiers that were considering running away realized that not only their lives would be at risk, but their loved ones too would eventually fall prey to the Titans if they weren't stopped now. From the looks of it Eren still doesn't have the hang of his new Titan power, but why would that lead to him punching a roof in Mikasa's direction...? Guessing that Titan instinct are kicking into him more, and seems one way or another Armin's the one that might 'knock' it out of him. Hope Mikasa's not dead though.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 23:37   Link #143
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Eren just gave Mikasa a Titan bro fist.

Mikasa shouldn't have an argument next time before he goes Titan. It was annoying how she was babying him though.
Old 2013-06-20, 20:17   Link #144
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Eren just gave Mikasa a Titan bro fist.

Mikasa shouldn't have an argument next time before he goes Titan. It was annoying how she was babying him though.
Eren titan was trying to give high five
Old 2013-06-21, 04:40   Link #145
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Pretty much this, it was annoying and out of place. Sometimes If directors are planning to follow the source material, putting in stupid shit like this should be a definite no. The Director who OK'd it seems to have some beef with Eren (if you take into account some other changes that revolve around him like when he bitched out Armind a while back)

Yeah, Rico is the director's self-insert and this isn't like a set up to her reaction later on or anything. uh-huh.

Or you know, you could be completely wrong.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:53   Link #146
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mikasa pissed Eren.

Eren punched Mikasa.

If this mission succeeds, Mikasa will kick him in the face.
Old 2013-06-22, 00:56   Link #147
chaos_animagic

BTW... I think I just saw a female titan sucking on a dude like he's a lolipop... I laughed.

PS: speech is awesome, but I agree it's too long...

BTW, wouldn't it be funny if Mikasa could also go Titan? (I want to see what she'll look like as a Titan, lol)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-06-25 at 00:28.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 03:11   Link #148
hyper_oats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
There is too much filler... urgh... and since they often go through the events in a different way than the manga, I cannot even do a "check up" on the manga after an anime episode aired.
Does anyone know if the studio comes up with the filler on their own or if they bother consulting the SnK mangaka for the new material?
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:47   Link #149
Steins

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, Rico is the director's self-insert and this isn't like a set up to her reaction later on or anything. uh-huh.

Or you know, you could be completely wrong.
Pretty much this, I really don't understand the criticism of her speech in this episode.

Rico isn't very fond of Eren's ability or this plan, so her speech is just her taking her frustration on this whole deal.
Steins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 00:14   Link #150
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Symbol. Battle of Trost - Part 7

Minna-san, good evening.

It's been a long while since my last post for this epic series. I'm going to rewatch the episodes when I last missed to publish my posts about them, because this particular story deserves all the coverage from my part.

To be honest, I do not wish to make comparisons between the worlds of Shingeki no Kyojin and Claymore. Both feature their unique sets of characters and dreaded atmosphere. Both hold dark secrets and demonic predators. In each respective world the protagonists dwell in hell, eat in hell, sleep in hell, struggle in hell, and die in hell.

The only difference lie with the protagonists and the antagonists themselves.

I feel more empathetic towards the humans from the world of Shingeki no Kyojin, because for the simple reason that they're the ones doing all the struggling, fighting, and dying against the Titans.
Before Eren triggered his ability to transform into a Titan body there was no such thing as a case of bio-augmentation trope playing behind the story. Although reading from Erens' comments to both Mikasa and Armin, Dot Pixis now suspects that there's also an internal threat as well; the possibility or probability that there are humans with the capability to turn into Titans hiding inside the walls.
And, like officer Riko told to Dot Pixis, there's a limit to both fear and b***s**t that the surviving soldiers can take after being resend back to serve as lure for the Titans.
I believe it's remarkable that the designers actually keep the brighter tone within the atmosphere and the environment, because it paradoxically juxtaposes with the general mood of horror, fear, and carnage that the Titans deal upon the humans.

And, I do not blame the soldiers for going nuts and wanting to desert after hearing the operation to retake Trost; anyone in that world who has witnessed and fought against the Titan's rampage would definitely pee their pants as a spontaneous reaction.

The level and quality for both trauma and drama has neither stopped nor decreased since the first episode; it really allows for the viewer to get immersed within the psyche for each of the human characters and feel in raw their agonizing fear and sense of hopelessness.

Last edited by Guido; 2013-10-23 at 00:52.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 02:00   Link #151
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Minna-san, good evening.

It's been a long while since my last post for this epic series. I'm going to rewatch the episodes when I last missed to publish my posts about them, because this particular story deserves all the coverage from my part.

To be honest, I do not wish to make comparisons between the worlds of Shingeki no Kyojin and Claymore. Both feature their unique sets of characters and dreaded atmosphere. Both hold dark secrets and demonic predators. In each respective world the protagonists dwell in hell, eat in hell, sleep in hell, struggle in hell, and die in hell.

The only difference lie with the protagonists and the antagonists themselves.

I feel more empathetic towards the humans from the world of Shingeki no Kyojin, because for the simple reason that they're the ones doing all the struggling, fighting, and dying against the Titans.
Before Eren triggered his ability to transform into a Titan body there was no such thing as a case of bio-augmentation trope playing behind the story. Although reading from Erens' comments to both Mikasa and Armin, Dot Pixis now suspects that there's also an internal threat as well; the possibility or probability that.... I have never read the manga myself, but what I want to post right now could possibly be taken as an important spoiler, so I'll let it slide for the time being until the anime reveals it.

And, like officer Riko told to Dot Pixis, there's a limit to both fear and b***s**t that the surviving soldiers can take after being resend back to serve as lure for the Titans.
I believe it's remarkable that the designers actually keep the brighter tone within the atmosphere and the environment, because it paradoxically juxtaposes with the general mood of horror, fear, and carnage that the Titans deal upon the humans.

And, I do not blame the soldiers for going nuts and wanting to desert after hearing the operation to retake Trost; anyone in that world who has witnessed and fought against the Titan's rampage would definitely pee their pants as a spontaneous reaction.

The level and quality for both trauma and drama has neither stopped nor decreased since the first episode; it really allows for the viewer to get immersed within the psyche for each of the human characters and feel in raw their agonizing fear and sense of hopelessness.
That was very well written, although it makes me sad that most people seem to only see this break from the non stop action so far as filler when it's really not.
Old 2013-06-25, 19:15   Link #152
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Eren's really a hard head even probably harder than Mikasa's abs

Either way it's a WTF ending. People are so afraid in this episode.... 8/10