AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-21, 01:38   Link #1
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) Live-Action

Okay, I'm hoping I've put this in the right forum...

NTV has announced a live-action version of Jigoku Shoujo, to premiere November 4. Details can be found here:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/jigoku/top.html

The part of Enma Ai will be played by J-Pop singer Iwata Sayuri. As far as I can tell this is her first significant acting job. Judging from this photo of her, I think that at the very least she's got the right look for the part:

http://www.sayuri-iwata.com/images/iwata.jpg

And, um, that's all I know right now, because I can't read Japanese...

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2006-09-21 at 12:25.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 11:20   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This might be quite interesting depending on the quality of the special effects --- since the first part of the show is all about the atmosphere, those would be important. Live-action *could* have quite a Twilight Zone (original) feel to it in the right hands.
Old 2006-09-22, 15:06   Link #3
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Here are some more cast announcements:

Kazuki Katou as Ren Ichimoku - He appears to be another singer.

Aya Sugimoto as Hone Onna - I saw her in Trick 3. She's also been in one of the Sailor Moon shows.

Hisahiro Ogura as Wanyuudou

Kazuhiko Nishimura as Hajime Shibata

Saaya as Tsugumi Shibata - I can't pin down exactly who this is. Google points me toward an almost-13-year-old named Saaya Irie, who gained notoriety a couple of years ago for the fact that she, uh, blossomed early, and showed her accomplishment to the whole world by doing a number of bikini photo shoots. She's credited with appearances in some movies, so might this be her? She's older than the anime version of Tsugumi, but I think it was a given that Tsugumi was going to be older.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2006-09-22 at 15:27.
Old 2006-09-24, 01:00   Link #4
chachamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
Saaya as Tsugumi Shibata - I can't pin down exactly who this is. Google points me toward an almost-13-year-old named Saaya Irie, who gained notoriety a couple of years ago for the fact that she, uh, blossomed early, and showed her accomplishment to the whole world by doing a number of bikini photo shoots. She's credited with appearances in some movies, so might this be her? She's older than the anime version of Tsugumi, but I think it was a given that Tsugumi was going to be older.
Yup, it's her. In Japanese version of her information in Wikipedia includes about her role in Jigoku Shoujo drama.
chachamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:23   Link #5
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

YAY! The lolicon's wet dream come true!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:40   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

I wish there was some promo video for this. I'm dying to see it. Who knows who will sub it, probably no one, but hopefully someone. You can't ask on D-Addicts either.

If they decide to do the Shibata arc, wouldn't it be very good? Since there's only 12 episodes and it won't be dragged out with all the victim-of-the-day like the anime did.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 10:34   Link #7
wrex_japan

Cool... Sugimoto Aya as Hone Onna... I can see that, because she just oozes sex appeal. However, I'm a bit disappointed that both Tsugumi and Ai are older. I'm disappointed with Ichimoku Ren's choice... I figured they'd get more of an "ikemen" or handsomer looking guy. I'm looking forward to seeing this show.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 15:21   Link #8
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

They've updated the NTV website:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/jigoku/

No idea what it says, but it looks interesting. Judging from the pictures in the backgrounds of the Info page and the Cast page, I'd say they've done a good job with Ai's house.
Old 2006-10-30, 15:33   Link #9
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
"Busty 11-Year-Old Girl with F Cup Eases Cross-Strait Relations". (An F cup in Japan is roughly equivalent to a C-D cup in the United States.)
Yay learned somethin new today. Dawmn I always thought wtf when they where talkin about F-cups. Now it al makes sense

But the full cup works against the loli-factor why'd they choose her? ?;(
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 19:07   Link #10
DSJFX18
Destiny

I agree.... It'll be kinda weird to see a well endowed Tsugumi.. They're a bit old for their parts in my opinion..
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 20:16   Link #11
Sakuya
*Artist

Sugimoto Aya is just so perfect for the role of Hone Onna! And Ichimoku Ren does not look that bad, either. The summary for episode 1 is up already but with no pictures. Is anyone willing to translate it?
Old 2006-10-30, 21:44   Link #12
Conri

The only cast that somewhat bothers me is Tsugumi. I'm going in with very low to no expectations, so I hope this will surprise me. I also hope that some group decides to subtitle the show or at least that I'll be able to track down the raws.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 22:34   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post

I remember coming across a few of those photos
Old 2006-10-31, 00:20   Link #14
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
YAY! The lolicon's wet dream come true!
Haha, funny comment.

I think I would want to see this. I wonder what the graphics would look like when she sends folks to hell. I'll check out the website.
Old 2006-11-03, 17:01   Link #15
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

This weekend is the premiere!

I just hope the raw gets uploaded somewhere (though I wouldn't ask anyone for it here, of course. ) Does anyone know what the broadcast time translates to on the US west coast?
Old 2006-11-03, 18:14   Link #16
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Does anyone know what the broadcast time translates to on the US west coast?
The anime broadcasts on Saturdays at 19:30 (Japan time). The live action drama broadcasts on Saturdays at 25:20 ~ 25:50 (Japan time). If that means it will be that length, then each episode will be 30 minutes instead of the usual one hour drama length.

Anyway, I guess we can take it as a sign that it'll come shortly after the raw for the anime comes out. They should schedule the live action on some other day, that way, we can get more Jigoku Shoujo throughout the week instead of having it all on Saturday.

Here's a time zone calculator:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

But I don't know what area of Japan the show is airing in.
Old 2006-11-04, 10:02   Link #17
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The anime broadcasts on Saturdays at 19:30 (Japan time). The live action drama broadcasts on Saturdays at 25:20 ~ 25:50 (Japan time). If that means it will be that length, then each episode will be 30 minutes instead of the usual one hour drama length.

But I don't know what area of Japan the show is airing in.
NTV should be broadcast nationally, but I don't see it on the TV guide here for Tokyo.
Old 2006-11-04, 15:13   Link #18
Sakuya
*Artist

The episode was definitely aired though since the official site now has a summary for episode 2. What time is 25:20 anyway? 1:20 AM? But that would make it November 5th.

Edit:
I found a schedule!
It is on November 5 at 1:20. No wonder! Why do they not just say November 5 at 1:20? -_-" Makes it all the more easier to understand.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-11-04 at 15:36.
Old 2006-11-04, 19:06   Link #19
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Any chance for it to get subbed?
Do you guys know any group interested?
Old 2006-11-04, 19:15   Link #20
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The episode was definitely aired though since the official site now has a summary for episode 2. What time is 25:20 anyway? 1:20 AM? But that would make it November 5th.

Edit:
I found a schedule!
It is on November 5 at 1:20. No wonder! Why do they not just say November 5 at 1:20? -_-" Makes it all the more easier to understand.
It did air, and I recorded it (yup, 1:20 am, Nov. 5). It just wasn't listed under the yahoo.co.jp TV guide that I checked; even on my digital recorder, it was listed under a different show's title (hour long).

Anyway, I just watched it, and the first episode is much like the first anime episode. They use the same background music and even the voice for the grandma is the same. The end music is different. Sugimoto Aya cannot act... that was horrible. I'll put up a more detailed report on my blog later.