Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 19:25   Link #3001
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The Gon vs Hisoka fight on the Heavens Arena arc is nothing short of amazing. It's truly impressive how well budgeted time and money-wise this show seems to be. I haven't seen any significant quality drops throughout it's entire run. I don't think I've ever seen a weekly show run so smoothly like this one has. I would love to get an insight into the production team and how they manage to do it.
That would be my pick too, for me it's the most beautifully animated fight since the unbelievably great forest showdown between Balsa and the Hunters in Moribito. But there are any number of action sequences once could call out in H x H that have been off the charts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:35   Link #3002
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Or motivation for author? He get off your lazy bum and produce us more materials to animate!!!!!!!!!
this can give a little info about togashi, like how we see so many things similar to other series and that they are likely intentional, how much he claims to be sick, and how he would like to draw a manga and not let anyone see it... yeah, what a troll, he is probably vainglorying himself in his trolljuice.

Spoiler for Interview at the end of YYH.:
Old 2013-06-06, 03:17   Link #3003
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What is this "You-know-what" they speak of?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:39   Link #3004
Salce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What is this "You-know-what" they speak of?
Probably Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:09   Link #3005
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not familiar with that, so I guess it's not strange that I don't catch the reference.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:45   Link #3006
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep83:
Old 2013-06-09, 02:49   Link #3007
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 83, esp. Kaitou's "Bad Spin":
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 03:09   Link #3008
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-09, 03:15   Link #3009
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Spoiler for The female voice in the preview...:
Old 2013-06-09, 03:58   Link #3010
ookamigirl

The chimera ant hierarchy looks like a good system.
I'm kinda skeptical that they'll kill the queen before king is born.
All in all, those ants are a big problem and need to be dealt with fast.
Don't think Gon, Kite and Killua are enough to solve this problem.
Ants discovering Nen just makes things worse on a general scale.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 04:58   Link #3011
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Biscuit's, Koltopi and Shizuku's abilities are conjuration too, and they're pretty straight-forward, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 05:12   Link #3012
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Biscuit's, Koltopi and Shizuku's abilities are conjuration too, and they're pretty straight-forward, though.
Biscuit is Transformation-type. She only uses the materialized person as a means of applying her transformation massage oils (which are the actually magical part).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 05:47   Link #3013
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Biscuit is Transformation-type. She only uses the materialized person as a means of applying her transformation massage oils (which are the actually magical part).
That's pure speculation- we have had no confirmation on Biscuit's type beyond her using materialisation. Hisoka thinking something doesn't make it true.

Furthermore massage oils using, as well as the actual effect they have, seems much more manipulation than transformation- though i guess transformation could sort of work too.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 05:50   Link #3014
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Word of God has stated Bisky to be a transmuter. The way people use their ability doesn't always have to directly relate to their basic nature. It's like how Razor is an emitter, but still uses those devils. The best ability for a person is usually the one that suits their personality best. It often combines aspects from various schools, and they don't always have to be adjacent schools either.
Old 2013-06-09, 05:55   Link #3015
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
That's pure speculation- we have had no confirmation on Biscuit's type beyond her using materialisation. Hisoka thinking something doesn't make it true.

Furthermore massage oils using, as well as the actual effect they have, seems much more manipulation than transformation- though i guess transformation could sort of work too.
It was a secret? I thought she said it out loud. Something to Killua. I might be getting confused though.

Also, she specifically describes it as turning her aura into oil. Which is just like, well, turning your aura into gum, or electricity.
Old 2013-06-09, 06:10   Link #3016
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I have a bad feeling for Kite. Looks like the Royal Guard will start soon.
For the first reinforcement , i guess it's the people in the OP.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 07:55   Link #3017
Arkeus

Quote:
Word of God has stated Bisky to be a transmuter. The way people use their ability doesn't always have to directly relate to their basic nature. It's like how Razor is an emitter, but still uses those devils. The best ability for a person is usually the one that suits their personality best. It often combines aspects from various schools, and they don't always have to be adjacent schools either.
Can you quote that word of god thing? Pretty sure that each time i asked that question it always came down to "i think that's what Hisoka said", and nothing at all to do with word of god.

Quote:
Also, she specifically describes it as turning her aura into oil. Which is just like, well, turning your aura into gum, or electricity.
Turning the materialized doll's aura into oil wouldn't really explain its ability though.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 08:31   Link #3018
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Turning the materialized doll's aura into oil wouldn't really explain its ability though.
The doll has no aura of its own... it's her own aura.
Old 2013-06-09, 08:38   Link #3019
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Can you quote that word of god thing? Pretty sure that each time i asked that question it always came down to "i think that's what Hisoka said", and nothing at all to do with word of god.
Well, I did a little digging (not a lot, but a bit) and it's not so much word of god as it's literally what happens in the Manga/Anime. The fact that she altered the shape of her body in and of itself is proof (and has been observed by other characters as such).

That's not to say that she doesn't use other types ever. I mean, her Beautician thing or whatever that thing is called is clearly something done by Conjuration, and I don't doubt some Manipulation is used. But the fact that her basic nature is a Transmuter is a stated fact.

Again: It's like Razor, who is an Emitter, but still uses the devils to great effect.
Old 2013-06-09, 08:57   Link #3020
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Well, I did a little digging (not a lot, but a bit) and it's not so much word of god as it's literally what happens in the Manga/Anime. The fact that she altered the shape of her body in and of itself is proof (and has been observed by other characters as such).

That's not to say that she doesn't use other types ever. I mean, her Beautician thing or whatever that thing is called is clearly something done by Conjuration, and I don't doubt some Manipulation is used. But the fact that her basic nature is a Transmuter is a stated fact.

Again: It's like Razor, who is an Emitter, but still uses the devils to great effect.
Altering bodies is not clearly transmutation. Transmutation, as far as we've ever seen, is 100% about manipulation of the aura itself. That's why we see training exercises like forming numbers from 0-9. It's about fine-tuned control of what your aura is. The examples we see of transmutation hatsu are people who give tendrils of aura specific and useful properties. Gum, string, electricity... not one of them changes the form of a pre-existing object. Based on what we know of the categories, that sort of change is far more likely to be manipulation. Don't get too caught up on the name and ignore literally everything else we've ever been told.

Tags
action, shounen