AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 14:20   Link #161
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^

I haven't seen it yet but if what you say is true, it's just as I feared. Once I knew AIC was behind this I knew the production values would be incredibly mediocre. The VN art looks sooooooooo much better.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:22   Link #162
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A good enough start, but I preferred today's other harem show, Kono naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru.
Spoiler for ep1:
I didn't think the animation was that bad. Not the best, but not the worst, either. Just rather ordinary. "Mediocre" might indeed be the best word.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-05 at 19:33.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:18   Link #163
Candyshark

Main char has some wierd delusions. Good enough for starting episode. Good they didn't waste time to get flustering moments with girls but rather established plot and some chemistry within club.
Spoiler for healing powers:
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:39   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 22:48   Link #165
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

ok just what the fuck was that at the beggining? it looked like a horror anime then turned into happiness? you just cant do that without an explenation wtf?
Old 2012-07-05, 22:50   Link #166
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
ok just what the fuck was that at the beggining? it looked like a horror anime then turned into happiness? you just cant do that without an explenation wtf?
They were separated by an opening sequence. That works for me.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 23:51   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As far as Visual Novel Anime Adaptations goes- this certainly counts as one of the more 'intriguing' Introductory Episodes I've seen It's like this mix of tradition, something new, and crazy...

P.S - The characters all sound much different than I had imagined from their design

P.P.S - It's like no guy has woken up on time... Like, EVER.

P.P.P.S - ...Yaoi stick huh...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-07-06 at 00:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 00:13   Link #168
ipodi

Sad to see that Annabel has ventured into the J-Pop genre. Hey, I get it - man gots to eat. But this OP from Annabel is definitely a notch below her previous works.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 00:38   Link #169
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
They hit us in the face with the fact that under the playfulness, there is some serious business going on. The scene in the grandiose council chamber gave the same unpleasant feeling, as did the handouts of money-coupons. And the hospital room scene was striking, too. So that scene at the beginning was not out of place, in my opinion, but important to the whole structure of the show. And it was better that they left it there unexplained, because it gave some force to the story. We are meant to want to keep watching to find out what's going on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:40   Link #170
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I feel like the only thing that gives me the most impression for this episode is Yume and his... um, Yaoi-sticks.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:54   Link #171
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
They hit us in the face with the fact that under the playfulness, there is some serious business going on. The scene in the grandiose council chamber gave the same unpleasant feeling, as did the handouts of money-coupons. And the hospital room scene was striking, too. So that scene at the beginning was not out of place, in my opinion, but important to the whole structure of the show. And it was better that they left it there unexplained, because it gave some force to the story. We are meant to want to keep watching to find out what's going on.
It depends on whether the opening scene is indicative of something else, more uniquely interesting going on in the back ground.

Else this would be a typical Harem Adaptation, except with a "generic" competent lead instead of a spineless wish fulfillment moron.

But yes. I'm seeing those political undercurrents, but it remains to be seen how prominent and how boldly would they run with the political aspects of the premise.

Is this Political Commentary disguised as Eroge? If they live up to this premise, as seen in the opening scene, Love, Election and Chocolate might leap above and distinguish itself above the host of other Harem Rom-Com Eroges of the past decade.

Sadly, if I'm going to be pessimistic here, it might be a show of a unique premise, but betrayed by shoddy writing and the inability to break above the inherent limitations of the Harem genre.

P.s: It's the opening scene that made the most impression on me. It looked like something out from a completely different genre altogether.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:55   Link #172
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

This is something I'll definitely have to withhold judgment on until a few episodes down, I think.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:18   Link #173
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, this show is cruel. First it tricks me into thinking Kanae Itou is in this show, then it forces me to watch a cute girl get brutally run over, and then throws almost every trope off a typical harem first episode, right at me.

And yet I'm somewhat intrigued by the more mysterious and possibly political/activist elements. The yoai stick guy is pretty funny. And the cat girl is just awesome.

I'll also wait until I've watched a few more episodes before deciding whether to keep of watching. Hopefully the animation will improve by then too...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 06:56   Link #174
Shadow5YA

Ugh, does this episode really have that annoying censoring? If so, I'll have to decline on watching this show until the BDs come out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 07:24   Link #175
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Ok... I'm going to be blunt. Although I was not expecting something amazing by any means, I did expect something something that would be somewhat pleasant to watch. Mashiro-iro Symphony taught me that occassionaly an eroge or VN adaptation can be decent to watch, plus Koichoco had some very nice art. But what did we get? Every single harem cliche in the book with the most caveman fanservice... that was also largely censored nonetheless. Another "Buy the Blurays" trick! Yay!

There was one thing I did like though, and that was the Cieu ED song. Guess I'll just grab that when it comes out...

Would I be going over the top if I drop this right now? Because I have a feeling it's not gonna get better... maybe someone else can help me here. First episodes may not always be amazing, but this was just revolting.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 08:24   Link #176
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh my look this more to it something mix of all in it from drama, harem, comedy, main guy got same voice as Tomoya Okazaki, sweets, fun, big JUGS, a teacher drink beer with big cup, etc so much.

it also got a conspiracy with hit-run doing adding also rid of evidience memory chip like take a potato chip & EAT IT!!!

yet also chocolate http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/20...AmazingArt.jpg

hmm stick with it to see what else to expect?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 09:16   Link #177
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Lol Mieru is voiced by Sakakibara Yui? Nice.

Ceui ED is great as usual.

I think overall this will be my favorite show this season that isn't called Horizon II or Accel World if it keeps going like that. Something good to relax to.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:43   Link #178
ookamigirl

This anime looks very interesting and fun too.
There are a lot of girls, but the guys aren't bad either.
The whole "yaoi stick" chocolate snack thing was ROFL
Looks like chocolate & sweets aren't the only thing that's going on.
Attack incident from the beginning of the episodes looked promising.
Disbanding clubs and the election sure gave them something to be fired up about.
Will give this one a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:32   Link #179
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Woot! Much love for Chisato this episode. But really Chisato, you were straddling him just moments before and you're surprised he has 'woken' up?

It's weird it had a grim start though, as I expected this to be light hearted through and through. And WTF was that play in the middle of the street?

So disappointed though that Chisato's aversion to choco is not from trauma stemming from a previous event with the protagonist, where she made him choco and he said it was terrible (think today in clad 5-2). No, it seems that choco guy is dead, due to her saying "I'm going now" to the picture before seeing the progatonist. Wonder, is it her older brother or something? Can't wait to find out.

And excellent! Satsuki screen time isn't too much... YET. XD

@AmenoJaku
Spoiler for BIG spoilers:

@Shadow5YA
Spoiler for beware!:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:49   Link #180
uis

Oh well osana najimi shipper is here... I declare full 100% no Chisato winning this time...

Spoiler for ...:

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen