AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-01, 15:59   Link #401
Marion
The Great Dine

I noticed that the ending theme for EP 6 was a song put on the Luck Ganriki CD from the C76, along with another track. Not that I'm complaining though, Birth of a New Witch is beautiful.

@Leinne: I wouldn't call her Evatrice 2. Evatrice was crazy because she had a very childlike attitude (they're my toys, etc etc) about what she was doing. Erika is just a nutcase. Only reason all the crazy stuff was because, once again, Battler got trolled by a deredere personality. Just seriously Battler.
Old 2010-01-01, 16:31   Link #402
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Only reason all the crazy stuff was because, once again, Battler got trolled by a deredere personality. Just seriously Battler.
It was said in red he's incompetent. We should have expected something like this.
Old 2010-01-01, 16:35   Link #403
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It was said in red he's incompetent. We should have expected something like this.
That was in EP 2. I was hoping 4 games later he would have straightened up a little and understand the basic rules of trolling. I guess not.
Old 2010-01-01, 17:47   Link #404
Augustus

Can someone tell me the ending? Maybe some plot twists? Also i have a theory about Featherinne but ill post it later!
Old 2010-01-01, 18:21   Link #405
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
Can someone tell me the ending?
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-01, 18:25   Link #406
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Spoiler:
The last point is going to make a lot of people mension Higurashi
Old 2010-01-01, 18:45   Link #407
~Ayane~

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2010-01-01, 18:50   Link #408
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Spoiler for Ep6:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Spoiler for Ep6:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-01, 19:32   Link #409
immblueversion

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for EP6:
Old 2010-01-01, 19:42   Link #410
Augustus

Maybe they do mention Higurashi on EP7. Still does Featherinne appear in 1998? What happend to the 2 Beatos?
Old 2010-01-01, 20:04   Link #411
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just remember that in Higurashi's counter part at this stage, you were all partially lead to believe that Takano Miyo's theory about aliens and Rena's flesh eating maggots were real.

Anyhow, I really like the logic error portion of the game and the how Ryu portrayed Battler's inner struggle to escape that anomaly. It really brought out the chills of a trapped room, kinda like Saw-esque in a way. I doubt it would be difficult to portray this in animated form though, reading the text plus your own imagination with a touch of eerie music gave it a boost on the creepiness factor.

So at the end of Ep. 6, we now know that Furudo Erika is a member of this island, but that it still does not change the fact that there are only 17 people on this island including Erika. IF Erika is another guest at Rokkenjima yet that still doesn't change the number of people on the island, then...?

There are two ways to interpret this:

0. Kinzo = already dead, cannot be counted
1. Krauss
2. Natsuhi
3. Jessica
4. Eva
5. Hideyoshi
6. George
7. Rudolf
8. Kyrie
9. Battler
10. Rosa
11. Maria
12. Nanjo
13. Kumasawa
14. Gohda
15. Genji
16. Shannon
17. Kannon
0. Erika = awashed ashore dead on island after her fall from the Eternal Maid II pleasure boat

or

0. Kinzo = already dead, cannot be counted
1=X. Krauss
2=X. Natsuhi
3=X. Jessica
4=X. Eva
5=X. Hideyoshi
6=X. George
7=X. Rudolf
8=X. Kyrie
9=X. Battler
10=X. Rosa
11=X. Maria
12=X. Nanjo
13=X. Kumasawa
14=X. Gohda
15=X. Genji
16=X. Shannon
17=X. Kannon
17=X. Erika

X = any number 1-17, therefore leaving the possibility that one member here is physically the same as another, while mentally being different via a multiple personality syndrome...?

Adding to that fact that "logic error" was one of the key elements in this chapter, we can deduce that one of the red texts can be bound by a logic error and there is an element that can be "fix" that error.

IMHO, Shannon = Kannon theory is becoming more substantiated. One hint was also included in the scene where "a girl wearing a goat mask unveiled herself as Kannon."
Old 2010-01-01, 20:24   Link #412
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
So at the end of Ep. 6, we now know that Furudo Erika is a member of this island, but that it still does not change the fact that there are only 17 people on this island including Erika. IF Erika is another guest at Rokkenjima yet that still doesn't change the number of people on the island, then...?
No, they didn't say that "Furudo Erika is a member of this island".
The exact red text is "Even if include you, there're 17 people".
Old 2010-01-01, 20:29   Link #413
Megaolix

Spoiler for Ep6 end questions:
Old 2010-01-01, 20:30   Link #414
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
One hint was also included in the scene where "a girl wearing a goat mask unveiled herself as Kannon."
Hahaha... Oh wow!
Anyway, I still hope R07 is just trying to deceive us, but at this point, I wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
Spoiler for Ep6 end questions:
I guess it'll be similar to EP5, as in one person's truth vs another person's truth.
Old 2010-01-01, 20:33   Link #415
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
One hint was also included in the scene where "a girl wearing a goat mask unveiled herself as Kannon."
Eh may japanese may be not the best but I'm pretty sure that it was "A girl elbowed herself through the crowd unmasking herself shouting" or something. And that was Jessica the next sentence was her shouting "Kanon-kun!?". Even her spirit was shown. And then Kanon appeared through butterflies kneeling in front of Battler.
Old 2010-01-01, 20:41   Link #416
Isekaijin

Mmm... Does furniture count as humans? Since Kannon and Shannon already got over that "I'm a furniture" thing now they would really be able to perfectly specify the number of people in the island. In previous games, Kannon wouldn't aknowledge himself as a human until a few minutes prior to his death, thus causing confusion when speaking with the red truth.

If it were the case, then it's solved. We have someone in that island who consider himself as furniture and never have tried to pretend otherwise. If Genji doesn't count as a human, then we have our 16 humans + furniture.

This is a bit of twisted logic, but even Ryukishi said it "Without love it cannot be seen" and now that Jessica and Kannon are finally a couple, I seriously doubt Ryukishi would bring it down with the Shannon=Kannon.

Do you guys have that feeling that the truth is hitting you in the face and you can't see it?
Old 2010-01-01, 20:50   Link #417
Auria

I'm not very far (Kanon's confession) but...

WTF SMILING KANON SCARES ME O__O"
Old 2010-01-01, 20:53   Link #418
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'm not very far (Kanon's confession) but...

WTF SMILING KANON SCARES ME O__O"
Haha the first time I saw him smile (as a spoiler pic) I thought it was fake...and then in the game I was seriously disturbed and then you'll get used to it since he does that rather often. By now the spirit with closed eyes and his smile became my favorite of his spirits
Old 2010-01-01, 21:07   Link #419
Augustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Mmm... Does furniture count as humans? Since Kannon and Shannon already got over that "I'm a furniture" thing now they would really be able to perfectly specify the number of people in the island. In previous games, Kannon wouldn't aknowledge himself as a human until a few minutes prior to his death, thus causing confusion when speaking with the red truth.

If it were the case, then it's solved. We have someone in that island who consider himself as furniture and never have tried to pretend otherwise. If Genji doesn't count as a human, then we have our 16 humans + furniture.

This is a bit of twisted logic, but even Ryukishi said it "Without love it cannot be seen" and now that Jessica and Kannon are finally a couple, I seriously doubt Ryukishi would bring it down with the Shannon=Kannon.

Do you guys have that feeling that the truth is hitting you in the face and you can't see it?
Its sounds like a good theory.
Old 2010-01-01, 21:08   Link #420
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
Maybe they do mention Higurashi on EP7. Still does Featherinne appear in 1998? What happend to the 2 Beatos?
Between Moetrice and Beatroll, I think the latter was destroyed or something.
Closed Thread