AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-07, 16:52   Link #41
stubby42

I'm confused, are the dates listed on the wiki page wrong? because some of the new episodes are listed in april and early may but they havent been released yet have they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...009_version.29
Old 2009-06-07, 16:55   Link #42
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I'm confused, are the dates listed on the wiki page wrong? because some of the new episodes are listed in april and early may but they havent been released yet have they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...009_version.29
Read the paragraph above the list.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-07, 16:58   Link #43
Peanutbutter

I felt that Snow Mountain Syndrome is one of the best stories in the game. I recalled feeling the tension while reading it and I couldn't stop until I finished the whole thing.

To put everything in one episode doesn't really do justice to it. Two would be better, something like:

Spoiler for light novel spoiler:

I don't quite get the appeal of having Where Did the Cat Go? to end Haruhi 2009. Maybe another anime-original episode will be nice. Or

Spoiler for Vol 9:
Old 2009-06-07, 17:01   Link #44
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Yes, the dates are worng. But not much, only by one day (when is listede 05/01 it is actualy, 04/30). [not realy, see (13 post) below]

See the list again, the only new episode is the episde 08, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", aired on May 22, 2009 (actualy May 21).

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009 version) includes not only new episodes but old ones to.

Edit:

Quote:
Spoiler for light novel:
In other words, doing the same that they did on Lost Island Syndrome? I agree.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-06-07 at 20:34.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:06   Link #45
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for light novel spoiler:
Your part one could easily be done in half an episode, just saying. Though I do doubt they could do your part two in half an episode..

Quote:
I don't quite get the appeal of having Where Did the Cat Go? to end Haruhi 2009.
Go read the story again? It has a similar feel to Someday in the Rain, like I've been saying.

It's just the SOS-dan having fun together. Simple and light, which is what Haruhi does best anyway.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:17   Link #46
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Go read the story again? It has a similar feel to Someday in the Rain, like I've been saying.

It's just the SOS-dan having fun together. Simple and light, which is what Haruhi does best anyway.
As I said before, a good episode to end a DVD may be not a good episode to end a broadcast. This is why we get a anachronical order in first place.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:24   Link #47
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
As I said before, a good episode to end a DVD may be not a good episode to end a broadcast. This is why we get a anachronical order in first place.
But episodes are being added into a chronological broadcast, which is pretty much the same as the DVD order. If the episodes were in a messed up order again, maybe it would end on a more climactic note.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:34   Link #48
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

An original episode to end things would be nice. However, Where Did The Cat Go? is fine, too.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:40   Link #49
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be mildly amusing to end with the Intrigues prologue, then have Kyon start riding his bike home, only to have this gear shift break at the end (leading directly into the Haruhi-chan starting episode).
Old 2009-06-07, 17:50   Link #50
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
But episodes are being added into a chronological broadcast, which is pretty much the same as the DVD order. If the episodes were in a messed up order again, maybe it would end on a more climactic note.
Exept that now they can do a more climactic end following the chronological order: The Intrigues's prologue. It is not as epic as the end of Melancholy but is better than Where Did The Cat Go?.

A finale or is a end or is a cliffhanger.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:01   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Exept that now they can do a more climactic end following the chronological order: The Intrigues's prologue. It is not as epic as the end of Melancholy but is better than Where Did The Cat Go?.
What is with everyone hating Where Did the Cat Go? I loved that story.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:34   Link #52
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I don't hate it. Epic Tsuruya+Haruhi pwnage of Koizumi was awesome
Old 2009-06-07, 18:36   Link #53
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I don't hate it. Epic Tsuruya+Haruhi pwnage of Koizumi was awesome
Any owning of Koizumi is awesome. The fact that it was Tsuruya and Haruhi delivering the ownage just made it better.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:39   Link #54
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Hence why I said it was epic pwnage.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:45   Link #55
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What is with everyone hating Where Did the Cat Go? I loved that story.
I don't hate it neither. Is justthat I realy don't like ir as a finale.

However, to tell the truth, this isn't my favorite chapter. Even with the epic pwnage. But I love the conversation between Kyon and Tsuruya. It is a shame that is too short.
Old 2009-06-07, 20:27   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Yes, the dates are worng. But not much, only by one day (when is listede 05/01 it is actualy, 04/30).

See the list again, the only new episode is the episde 08, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", aired on May 22, 2009 (actualy May 21).
By the way, as an FYI, Wikipedia is actually correct. The first airing of the episodes is at what the Japanese TV Schedules refer to as "24:40", which is actually 00:40 (12:40am) on the following day. So, 24:40 on 21 May is actually on the 22nd of May according to the standard way of listing dates/times in English. Just one of those little bits of trivia that's good to know.
Old 2009-06-07, 21:14   Link #57
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
I felt that Snow Mountain Syndrome is one of the best stories in the game. I recalled feeling the tension while reading it
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is one of my favorite novel!
Cause....

Spoiler:

Also Someday in the rain was an OVA ,Maybe?

I think Where did the cat go? should be the ending cause the first season ended up with a bad/good ending

- The bad thing I didn't like was when Yuki keep on reading for 5 or so min.
and she wasn't even talking?
- The good part was when Haruhi and Kyon walking together with 1 umbrella!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-07 at 23:42.
Old 2009-06-07, 21:22   Link #58
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, as an FYI, Wikipedia is actually correct. The first airing of the episodes is at what the Japanese TV Schedules refer to as "24:40", which is actually 00:40 (12:40am) on the following day. So, 24:40 on 21 May is actually on the 22nd of May according to the standard way of listing dates/times in English. Just one of those little bits of trivia that's good to know.
And knowing is half the battle! (G~~ I~~ Joe~~~~!)

(I swear to God, if they don't find some way to work that into the upcoming live action movie, I'm going to burn something down...)

Of course, don't forget that 24:40 Thursday night in Japan is Thursday morning in the US and afternoon in Europe, and that is when news, pics, and reviews of any new episodes (and other stuff relating to new episodes) would be hitting 2ch and the net in general.

I think that is mostly why we (at least those of us who were aware of the odd time designation) have been using the technically incorrect "Japanese TV Schedule" date as the air date.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-07 at 23:36. Reason: remove off-topic tangent
Old 2009-06-07, 23:38   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Deleted a whole bunch of off-topic posts. Please, guys, let's not start the same thing all over again...
Old 2009-06-08, 00:06   Link #60
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I had a on topic thought that was part of a largely off topic post... what was it again? Oh, yeah, would that little Christmas party scene in the first ending be shown?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen