AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-09, 23:25   Link #1421
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post

Koromo as a QB? Now THAT I wanna see.
Here's the rest of the roster. Most of the major schools are represented here...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-09, 23:44   Link #1422
Team Rocket Elite

I don't really agree with calling it a snipe and even if it is, I don't think the Saki fanbase is responsible. The Saki fanbase can't make votes disappear. 269 votes isn't really good enough to win a match. Louise's 306 is only about expected for a winner. It isn't some super high number that suggest tons of extra support. Maybe if there was some weirdness with the poll tracker but IIRC it showed Louise winning which was the truth. Also, if I'm calculating it correctly, Hisa voters support Nagi (148 votes) more than Louise (140 votes). Furthermore, there aren't any living Saki characters in the Block and Louise as directly responsible for knocking off Arakawa Kei!

In general, I wouldn't really say the Saki fanbase has been successful with sniping. Akari managed to live to see her match with Toki. That's the one opponent they needed to take out the most and they either didn't or couldn't.
Old 2012-10-10, 00:05   Link #1423
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I don't really agree with calling it a snipe and even if it is, I don't think the Saki fanbase is responsible. The Saki fanbase can't make votes disappear. 269 votes isn't really good enough to win a match. Louise's 306 is only about expected for a winner. It isn't some super high number that suggest tons of extra support. Maybe if there was some weirdness with the poll tracker but IIRC it showed Louise winning which was the truth. Also, if I'm calculating it correctly, Hisa voters support Nagi (148 votes) more than Louise (140 votes). Furthermore, there aren't any living Saki characters in the Block and Louise as directly responsible for knocking off Arakawa Kei!

In general, I wouldn't really say the Saki fanbase has been successful with sniping. Akari managed to live to see her match with Toki. That's the one opponent they needed to take out the most and they either didn't or couldn't.
In that case, I suppose the reason Nagi lost is because Nagi choked on her last two attempts to win it all and they wanted to take her out of her misery.
Old 2012-10-10, 01:57   Link #1424
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Here's the rest of the roster. Most of the major schools are represented here...

Spoiler:
I woulda put someone like Teru @ Linebacker. You don't mess with someone like her.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:39   Link #1425
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I woulda put someone like Teru @ Linebacker. You don't mess with someone like her.
All the big names are on offense. All the not so bigs are on defense. Besides, I like a little sister-to-sister combination. And all the prominent vanguards are wideouts.

This is a very undersized team. Even the offensive linemen are small. I will upload some stills of the team in a bit.

One more thing I want to note: Uta Mihirogi is the offensive coordinator, while Kouko Fukuyo is the defensive coordinator. You can find this team at TeamBuilder.EASports.com, but you have to get NCAA Football 13 to download this.

EDIT: And...here are some stills. Hail to the most moe football team ever created...the Saki Players!

Spoiler for stills!:

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-10-10 at 03:22.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:49   Link #1426
Archaeon

I don't know how to read Japanese but can anyone there who know help me translate the rank from 17-50 for me?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-10, 07:41   Link #1427
Hachiko
The Akita

I can tell you that Teru is 18th on that one. And Shizu is 24th.

When stuff goes down, it goes down.

Spoiler for Smack talk.:
Old 2012-10-10, 09:06   Link #1428
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

●第一試合
1位 267票 黄瀬やよい(キュアピース)@スマイルプリキュア!
2位 171票 アスタロッテ・ユグヴァール(ロッテ)@アスタロッテのおもちゃ! EX

●第二試合
1位 246票 袴田ひなた@ロウきゅーぶ!
2位 199票 如月千早@THE IDOLM@STER

Pick- Sakuno and Ririchiyo-sama
Prediction- Sanya and Kuro
Old 2012-10-10, 09:10   Link #1429
stormtrooper

Round 2 Picks (17-15), Predictions (25-7)
Round 3 Picks (5-3), Predictions (4-4)

Again another bad tonight. When do basketball players have more fans than idols?

Next match

Uryuu Sakuno
Sanya V. Litvyak

Matsumi Kuro
Shirakiin Ririchiyo

Picks - Sanya, Kuro
Predictions - Sanya, Kuro
Old 2012-10-10, 09:12   Link #1430
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
NCAA Football 13 to download this.
Oh, that's where the problem is. In the NFL, big names are on both offense and defense.
Old 2012-10-10, 09:17   Link #1431
Team Rocket Elite

I've messed up predicting these characters once again. Another Kugimiya Rie character bites the dust so that Cure Peace can advance. She doesn't really have much trouble winning either. Unlike Miki vs Tomoka, the Ro-kyu-bu character manages to win. Cihaya's loss eliminate Idolm@ster from the contest.

Breaktime is over for the Saki fanbase. Gotta go back to work. Ririchiyo is arguably the second strongest non-Saki character and she's up against the arguably the second strongest Saki character. In Round 2, Ririchiyo easily beat Chitanda while Kuro smacked Nyaruko around. So far Kuro has had the higher vote totals. I'm going to believe in Saki and have Kuro win. It's a pretty big loss for the non-Saki suporters if Ririchiyo loses but the Saki fanbase has characters lined up to take Kuro's place. Either Kuro or Kirame had to go out in Round 4 anyways. In the other match, Sanya should have an easy time with Sakuno. As much as I like Sakuno, she's in way over her head at this point.

Votes:
Sanya V. Litvyak
Matsumi Kuro

Predictions:
Sanya V. Litvyak
Matsumi Kuro
Old 2012-10-10, 09:40   Link #1432
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Has any PreCure character done this well?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guesses...

Sanya & Kuro
Old 2012-10-10, 09:46   Link #1433
Wanderer
Goat

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (3-5), Predictions (5-3)

E1
Sakuno Uryuu @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~: <<瓜生桜乃@ましろ色シンフォニー -The color of lovers->>
Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches: <<サーニャ・V・リトヴャク@ストライクウィッチーズ劇場版>>

F2
Kuro Matsumi @ Saki: <<松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Ririchiyo Shirakiin @ Inu X Boku SS: <<白鬼院凜々蝶@妖狐×僕SS>>
Old 2012-10-10, 11:23   Link #1434
seemmeriast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
I don't know how to read Japanese but can anyone there who know help me translate the rank from 17-50 for me?
Spoiler:
17-30

17 - Kyouko Suehara (Himematsu)
18 - Teru Miyanaga (Shiraitodai)
19 - Kirame Harada (Shindouji)
20 - Hajime Kunihiro (Ryuumonbuchi)
21 - Satomi Kanbara (Suruga)
22 - Touka Ryuumonbuchi (Ryuumonbuchi)
23 - Yumi Kajiki (Tsuruga)
24 - Shizuno Takakamo (Achiga)
25 - Maho Yumeno
26 - Mako Someya (Kiyosumi)
27 - Komaki Jindai (Eisui)
28 - Toyone Anetai (Miyamori)
29 - Awai Oohoshi (Shiraitodai)
30 - Kei Arakawa
Old 2012-10-10, 11:38   Link #1435
RJ TAYLER

Well it's time for the not-so-thin lady to sing for those Miss-tresses of the Idolm@ster today. So for Saki competitors your next hanchan starts today as well. may the witches' battle strike a note of fairness.
Old 2012-10-10, 11:45   Link #1436
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemmeriast View Post
17-30

17 - Kyouko Suehara (Himematsu)
18 - Teru Miyanaga (Shiraitodai)
19 - Kirame Harada (Shindouji)
20 - Hajime Kunihiro (Ryuumonbuchi)
21 - Satomi Kanbara (Suruga)
22 - Touka Ryuumonbuchi (Ryuumonbuchi)
23 - Yumi Kajiki (Tsuruga)
24 - Shizuno Takakamo (Achiga)
25 - Maho Yumeno
26 - Mako Someya (Kiyosumi)
27 - Komaki Jindai (Eisui)
28 - Toyone Anetai (Miyamori)
29 - Awai Oohoshi (Shiraitodai)
30 - Kei Arakawa
Thanks.
Old 2012-10-10, 12:07   Link #1437
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's funny how two non-relevant characters are in the block A finals, the strongest yuruyuri and the only saki that actually deserves to win saimoe duke it out in B finals, a non-relevant character goes against wtf precure in block C and two characters who definitely won't win saimoe face off in D finals.

And I thought 2006 was bad already.
Old 2012-10-10, 12:34   Link #1438
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It's funny how two non-relevant characters are in the block A finals, the strongest yuruyuri and the only saki that actually deserves to win saimoe duke it out in B finals, a non-relevant character goes against wtf precure in block C and two characters who definitely won't win saimoe face off in D finals.

Oh, if only the Saki situation this year was a lot like 2006 (i.e. all the "strong" Saki characters being in the same block, thus resulting in only Saki character making it into the quarterfinals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Has any PreCure character done this well?
Yayoi needs to win her next match to tie with Nagisa (from the original PreCure) in terms of PreCure character progress in the Saimoe tournaments
Old 2012-10-10, 14:05   Link #1439
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

To be honest I don't think its that bad atleast its not 7/8 Blocks guranteed finalists are Saki girls.
Old 2012-10-10, 17:38   Link #1440
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Next 4 IN!:

So, to review, we got the Franchise, Rabbit Ears, the Baby Jesus, the Forgotten One, the Hell Waitress, Kise Lightning, the Plushmaster and the Tease. Sounds about right. Tipping, as per my odds, Mother Russia and the Dragon Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Oh, that's where the problem is. In the NFL, big names are on both offense and defense.
You can't import these names to Madden, either, unlike prior versions. Le sigh...

Last edited by Hachiko; 2012-10-10 at 17:50.
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament