AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 22:06   Link #81
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I really like this Mei is cute and Yamato seems to be a player
Old 2012-10-08, 22:48   Link #82
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Mei certainly has her unique charms despite her cynicism, and Yamato doesn't seem to revel in the fact that he is a player despite it being know to him. I don't think it's intentional though because of his popular and obvious Mr. Nice Guy personality.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:54   Link #83
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Like this. The art reminds me of Hanadan (esp the main gal's big eyes) but the way they use certain scenes to convey emotions or feel reminds me of KareKano.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 20:08   Link #84
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Perfect! I absolutely enjoyed the first episode. Romance will definitely be present throughout the series. The drawings were done nicely.
As for the plot, I have learnt a lot about the characters. The series will most likely give us a more realistic feeling. The first kiss really made it dramatic and makes me want more. >_< Who knows what's going to happen next?
Old 2012-10-09, 21:49   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While nothing in this premiere was as startling as some of the stuff in Tonari and the animation from ZEXCS can’t touch the lovely art of Brains Base, it still worked for me because of authenticity and emotional depth. Those are two good qualities to build a show around, and the latter was especially surprising.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:30   Link #86
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
It still worked for me because of authenticity and emotional depth. Those are two good qualities to build a show around, and the latter was especially surprising.
The character's in the original source (manga) had this sense of "realism" that sort of drawn yourself to them. Mei's and Yamato's opposite personalities and generalization of their characters will surely make for great potential character and possible relationship growth.
Old 2012-10-10, 08:35   Link #87
Insane
Banned

I never really excited about shoujo manga adaptation and after gave this show a try, my first opinion is.............boring and too typical old type shoujo story. It's the same old story when a super popular dude falls for super unpopular girl (just reverse it already, you dummy trope!), and the dude is always depicted as overly aggressive hormonal male that have no qualm to steal kiss from the girl (He must be restricting his libido all this time). Meh, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is far better than this show even though both of them are fellow shoujo adaptation. I'm out.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:30   Link #88
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow ... I was really, really impressed by ep 1. A very, very good (and faithful!) adaptation of the manga source material. For me this was more enjoyable than Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which is saying a lot, as the latter series is also quite good.

This one and Little Busters! are, for the moment, at the top of the "B ranking slot" for me, but they would be in the middle ground between an A- and a B+ grade. Tonari Kaibutsu is "behind" them at a solid B rank.

Seeing as I like the Shoujo genre in general I am happy to see Sukitte and Tonari Kaibutsu both got a "good shake" ... at least so far.
Old 2012-10-11, 19:06   Link #89
deadite

For the manga readers, anyone notice Chiharu in this episode? Also this author's works are pretty smutty so expect a very casual view on sex from these teens.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 21:03   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wow ... I was really, really impressed by ep 1. A very, very good (and faithful!) adaptation of the manga source material. For me this was more enjoyable than Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which is saying a lot, as the latter series is also quite good....
I agree. Really good work all round. I love the manga, and I loved the first episode of the anime.

But this is no more than I expected from director/writer Satou Takuya, who did two totally different great anime, Ichigo Mashimaro and Steins;Gate. He's just a terrific director, and can apparently handle any genre.

And Kayano Ai and Sakurai Takahiro play the leads. You just can't do any better than that, in my opinion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-12 at 21:33.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:04   Link #91
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But this is no more than I expected from director/writer Satou Takuya, who did two totally different great anime, Ichigo Mashimaro and Steins;Gate. He's just a terrific director, and can apparently handle any genre.
Yeah, I went into this not knowing anything about the staff, and I definitely got a Steins;Gate vibe off of some of the scenes: a kind of heavy, strung-out, almost druggy portrayal of summer and the stifling heat.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 01:12   Link #92
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Episode two was really awkward since it combined chapter 2-3, and rearranged somethings to possibly add to the development of Mei and the other supporting characters. It was nice to see the Nakanishi and Asami scene being animated and they kept his poor choice of words and proof of his love and awkwardness regarding how he feels about Asami intact, which was good. More exploration of Yamato's character was present especially since it partakes to his "Mr. Nice Guy" and "Ally of All Woman" kind of mentally and how it puts the cloud of doubt onto Mei and how it frustrates her at the same time. Makes sense concerning his position as the most popular guy who kissed many girls and the issues regarding an old crush he had. Which of course will cause Mei to feel threatened and somewhat intimidated by that fact.

What I really liked about this episode were the questions of whether Yamato's intentions of him kissing Mei were out of love, interest, or him being the nice guy that he is, and it came out as much as the latter. Mei struggling with her feelings about the kiss and Yamato in general was an interesting take as well, considering as I previously stated that she feels awkward and somewhat threatened due to him being friendly with other girls and even knowing the existence of a crush he had. I wonder if there's more to his popular that meets the eye... who knows? Those traits however truly define in what we see in his character, for now.

At the end it seems that her heart is in the right place when comes to her feelings about Yamato. Her frustrations when it comes to him kissing her without knowing his intention truly came into play in a good way, and that's good, since it adds a bit more "realism" to her character and a slight big departure from her cynical nature that can be present at times.

It makes me wonder if the pace of development was great or felt lacking, but didn't feel either of the two. Despite that the overall episode was truly enjoyable despite a few things being rearranged. The development between Mei and Yamato is going smoothly like the original chapters/medium, but am interested to see where this will go in the next episode or two.
Old 2012-10-14, 01:22   Link #93
Kmos

Oh nice, Suneohair ED. I'm not into this one, but like the ED song.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 03:03   Link #94
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I came for the op and pretty impressed with the content so far. I liked the fact it's just a plain shoujo very grounded and down-to-earth. The characters feel quite deeper than you can expect. On the one hand, I watched it with low expectation to see full of archetypes, I'm glad that's not the case. When it comes to romance, at least it's quite straightforward and actually take its time.

There are something I don't like about like shoujo style drawing or typical setting of a high school girl meeting a boy. They are all minor niggles and from here, its quality will depend on how the original source continues. Although, I'm not too fond of the casts here, there's really nothing to complain about their performance, maybe a little about the character called 'Oikawa', way too high-pitched for me, it will take a bit of time to get used to her voice.
Old 2012-10-14, 03:51   Link #95
Pen3

Wow the into song sure brings back memories. Love Hina was the 8th anime our group subbed back in the old days when it was so much fun on IRC. I think i was only 15 back then.. time sure flies by fast.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 06:46   Link #96
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2
well give seem more develop on a go give mei seem now bit more defrost slowly to fallen for yamato.

even describe kiss like a taste of fried chicken?

more bit develop on hmm asami-kenji as well?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 07:19   Link #97
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
ep.2
well give seem more develop on a go give mei seem now bit more defrost slowly to fallen for yamato.

Spoiler:

Well...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-14, 07:40   Link #98
ookamigirl

Mei and lingering feelings about the kiss.
Those two really make a nice couple.
She's totally fallen for Yamato...
Mei was a bit worried about him playing around.
Judging by his behavior it's not easy to figure out if he's serious or not.
Asami doesn't have it easy either.. those mean girls were just nasty.
In the ends it seems like he likes her for real.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:24   Link #99
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ahhhh!! i wasn't expecting the episode to end like that. i thought it would be a series of unfortunate events first. the first half of the episode reminded me greatly of kimi no todoke, but i enjoy the faster pace of this series more. Asami has wonderful character design and Mei with glasses and that hat looked amazing. a surprise show for the season.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 13:32   Link #100
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think is nearly as good as Tonari no Kaibutsu but I have been enjoying it and Mei already feels like a pretty solid character. I'm not big on Yamato just yet though. I hope there's more to his character than just being the typical shoujo bait: Mr Perfect Popular who decides to pay attention to the quiet girl in the corner.

I did like how the show was also willing to focus on the side characters. That was an enjoyable moment.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo