AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 9.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-12, 11:38   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:30   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay... Now I'm quite pissed off.
I definitely understand why they cannot afford doing the bad end. In fact, it would be even more ludicrous to do that with the VERY little time they have left.
I will also give them credits for giving a digest presentation of the facts during the trials (with everyone's alibi being displayed with the watch).

However... I just don't get why they screwed so bad with Kyouko's actions during the trial there.

Spoiler for changes from the game and missing parts:

They really went on great lengths to squeeze the fifth trial into a single episode (once again 45 second for the investigation), and I understand the shortcut they used (making Byakuya believing it was Kyouko right from the get go, by using the sprinkler stuff to dismiss Makoto's possible guilt in there). But past that, it is a mess especially regarding the characters.

Frankly, they made Kyouko pressing the point on Makoto, literally framing him. Meanwhile, they hardly made Makoto trying to cover Kyouko either. So their relationship in the adaptation looks quite paper thin (no, it isn't like they are a OTP or anything in my books, but that's not the problem here).

Thank goodness they skipped Yasuhiro's "That Kirigicchi is a ghost!" nonsense...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-12 at 15:25.
Old 2013-09-12, 13:11   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-12, 15:17   Link #4
Solitaired

Freaking pissed off. Why did they even include the scene of them climbing up the chute if they wanna cut out so many parts.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:20   Link #5
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Okay... Now I'm quite pissed off.
I definitely understand why they cannot afford doing the bad end. In fact, it would be even more ludicrous to do that with the VERY little time they have left.
I will also give them credits for giving a digest presentation of the facts during the trials (with everyone's alibi being displayed with the watch).

However... I just don't get why they screwed so bad with Kyouko's actions during the trial there.

Spoiler for changes from the game and missing parts:

They really went on great lengths to squeeze the fifth trial into a single episode (once again 45 second for the investigation), and I understand the shortcut they used (making Byakuya believing it was Kyouko right from the get go, by using the sprinkler stuff to dismiss Makoto's possible guilt in there). But past that, it is a mess especially regarding the characters.

Frankly, they made Kyouko pressing the point on Makoto, literally framing him. Meanwhile, they hardly made Makoto trying to cover Kyouko either. So their relationship in the adaptation looks quite paper thin (no, it isn't like they are a OTP or anything in my books, but that's not the problem here).

Thank goodness they skipped Yasuhiro's "That Kirigicchi is a ghost!" nonsense...
So.... Not having seen the episode yet, reading this makes me feel like the episode contained nothing, since everything seems to have been cut.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:24   Link #6
Solitaired

@Klashikari
Perhaps they will combine the investigations of both chapter 5 and 6 as I have said before. Although I feel that they should have the opportunity to include the bad ending since they practically removed the entire investigations.
Old 2013-09-12, 22:50   Link #7
ahuei123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
@Klashikari
Perhaps they will combine the investigations of both chapter 5 and 6 as I have said before. Although I feel that they should have the opportunity to include the bad ending since they practically removed the entire investigations.
The bad ending did have a small cameo when Kirigiri was talking to Naegi in the dump.
Old 2013-09-13, 02:56   Link #8
Parchevich

Naegi is such a moron, I swear. Kirigiri clearly sold him out to save her own ass and he's going "omg it wasn't your fault, it's okaaay". He actually realized she was doing it during the trial and still kept his mouth shut about the skeleton key.

I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the episode, because the central message was so ham-fisted and ridiculous. Let other people screw you over, kids, ostensibly for the greater good but actually for their own self-interest. A really unexpected stroke of luck will save you and you won't end up dead and flat as a pancake in the end! Barfing here.
Old 2013-09-13, 06:41   Link #9
zetsubo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the episode, because the central message was so ham-fisted and ridiculous. Let other people screw you over, kids, ostensibly for the greater good but actually for their own self-interest. A really unexpected stroke of luck will save you and you won't end up dead and flat as a pancake in the end! Barfing here.
Well Makoto is the Super Duper High School Level Luckster so its not surprising.

Personally I don't really have a problem with how they did this episode in fact I liked it. This trial is rigged by the mastermind anyway and is not possible to solve, therefore it doesn't matter if it was rushed as this will give more time for the final trial which is far more important than anything else.
Old 2013-09-13, 06:43   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Naegi is such a moron, I swear. Kirigiri clearly sold him out to save her own ass and he's going "omg it wasn't your fault, it's okaaay". He actually realized she was doing it during the trial and still kept his mouth shut about the skeleton key.
That was arguably not the case. Kyouko actually had to push forward so they wouldn't be stuck with Monokuma's trap. Unfortunately, the anime made so she tried to put all the blame on him, whereas she had to buy time by questioning his alibi in order to break through the case, but they were cut short by Monokuma's forced time out. The major problem for her was that, she wasn't supposed to be with them during the investigation so she doesn't have all the clues at her disposal.

Remember also that she had no clear idea if Monokuma would execute all of them or not if they fail to really pinpoint the culprit, although it would be certain that if she dies there, nobody would benefit from it because she has the critical information and tools to expose the truth behind the academy mysteries. That's why she has to fight back during the trial in order to have another shot against Monokuma, although there was no evidence they could snuff out the real culprit at all.

In general sense, Makoto cannot blame Kyouko for what she has done because it would be everyone's loss if she were to stay passive in this trial, which was specifically designed to kill her.
Old 2013-09-13, 07:08   Link #11
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What would the "bad end" be and what is the trigger? If Makoto told everyone about the master key? Or would Kirigiri be saved by AE as well and the bad end would be triggered at some later point?
Old 2013-09-13, 07:17   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
What would the "bad end" be and what is the trigger? If Makoto told everyone about the master key? Or would Kirigiri be saved by AE as well and the bad end would be triggered at some later point?
The bad end goes as follow:
Spoiler for Bad end, chapter 5:
Old 2013-09-13, 11:59   Link #13
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow, nothing that Klashikari said during the first few posts could have prepared me for this.

Spoiler for Another difference I noted:

Seriously I've dealt with all the omissions so far, but this is the first time they actually changed events (this drastically anyway).
Old 2013-09-13, 13:20   Link #14
ChampDream
Alive

so Alter Ego manage to do something before "dying", so next is the final trial.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:05   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Additional differences as well as the Monokuma file for Case 5. (this weeks case)

Spoiler for Kirigiri appearance:

Spoiler for Monokuma file:

Spoiler for Additional differences to what Klashikari posted already:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-09-14 at 21:42.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:06   Link #16
maplehurry

Poor Naegi's fated to be stuck with bitches. First maizono, now kirigiri.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:13   Link #17
Stall_19

Ugh, nothing annoys me more than people who complain about things that were left out from an adaptation. I swear it happens with pretty much every adaptation. They have a certain amount of episodes to tell the story and of course they have to cut stuff to save time. I don't really care about what they changed or left out. Of course they're going to rush it, they only have 2 more episodes to work with.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:22   Link #18
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
There was so much to take in on this episode, I'm not sure where to start.

There was the classroom trial part, in which Kirigiri was initially accused as being the culprit (as expected, considering what I said last week about her becoming the least trusted among the remaining students), only to turn around and say Naegi was the one who killed Mukuro Ikusaba. The poor kid never even got to defend himself and was found guilty anyway. Throughout that whole execution scene, I was thinking to myself that Naegi was having a nightmare until Alter Ego appeared on the screen, managing to save him from getting crushed in the end. You know something is wrong when even Monokuma discovers something didn't go as planned.

I think everyone long knew that Kirigiri was the Super High School Level Detective considering her investigative abilities in prior episodes, but no one knew her memory had been altered. But considering also what had already been said in this thread, I thought there was some crucial stuff the producers could've touched on but didn't due to time constraints.

So now it all comes down to one final classroom trial and the uncovering of the hidden secrets of Hope's Peak Academy, with all of the remaining students' lives on the line, and still we don't know all of the answers as to who is really pulling the strings of this twisted reality show of Despair.

Last edited by JShaggy; 2013-09-13 at 21:46.
Old 2013-09-13, 23:53   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I've consistently found Danganronpa entertaining, and this episode is no exception, but in fairness to disappointed source material fans, it is increasingly obvious that this should have been a two-cour show.

By squeezing everything into one-cour, too much content slashing and burning has had to be done. This results in the plot feeling much more haphazard, characters/character relationships feeling a bit shallow at times, and mysteries never being allowed to breath long enough for viewers to really put on their Detective hats and fully enjoy them (the contrast between this show and Hyouka is striking in that regard).

Now, in fairness, perhaps the companies behind this anime could not secure two cours for it. But even if so, I honestly wonder if they wouldn't have been better off picking an earlier case as a stopping point, and hoping that Season 1 did well enough to warrant a sequel that could properly finish off the story.

The Celestia case, the third one IIRC, strikes me as a good stopping point for this hypothetical 13-episode season one. It's the only real case where the killer is seriously playing the game as Monokuma intended it to be played, which would make it a fitting climax for the first season.

Then the 2nd 13-season, if it did happen, could focus exclusively on the Sakura case, the 16th student case, and the upcoming final one. A bit of a risk, but if it paid off, it would have been worth it.

As is, we have a fun and colorful show that's held up by its distinctive visual style and an amusing and varied cast of characters. It's good popcorn entertainment, in my view, but it definitely does lack a lot on the mystery and drama side.

Still, I did like the subtle signs of emotion we saw from Kirigiri in this episode. The bit where she was biting her nail said a lot. It's clear that she hated turning on Makoto there, but she was left with no other choice given that the alternative was her own likely execution, which would have meant that all the discoveries she had made would have all been for naught.

Also, with Kirigiri, I think that actions often speak louder than words. She clearly went to quite a bit of effort to rescue Makoto, given how long that walk up the stairs appeared to be.

As for the trial itself, Togami vs. Kirigiri was a decent battle of wits while it lasted.
Old 2013-09-14, 01:23   Link #20
Solitaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stall_19 View Post
Ugh, nothing annoys me more than people who complain about things that were left out from an adaptation. I swear it happens with pretty much every adaptation. They have a certain amount of episodes to tell the story and of course they have to cut stuff to save time. I don't really care about what they changed or left out. Of course they're going to rush it, they only have 2 more episodes to work with.
We are not complaining on how rushed it is. Of course it will be rushed as there are only 13 episodes. We are complaining about BAD PORTRAYAL. You can go ahead and cut out relationship events, investigations, etc. But they changed many things, and they are definitely NOT improvements at all.
Closed Thread