AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 1 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-09, 22:09   Link #21
Dekart

From episode 5 discussion,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekart View Post
I think Celestia or Yamada is the mole because Monobear was drinking tea with the person. Ishimaru might be the next victim or killer.
Looks like I was right on the mark. I think Celes might be using both Yamada and Ishimaru with the Alter Ego program. Justice Hammer sounds like something Ishimaru would have.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:45   Link #22
HandofFate

dang, two people dead.
Felt Ishimaru was going to be dead next, one way or the other, so big surprise there.

Fat guy, man. He keeps going back and forth between "oh he's dead" "oh he's not" "okay, he's really dead now" "nvm..." "okay, super dead now"

Celes does seem suspicious, but if she is, wonder how they're going to explain the movement of the bodies, Celes doesn't look like she can carry them anyway.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:52   Link #23
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I honestly wasnt too surprised at Ishimaru being killed since it seems anyone with significant screen time is getting farther in the game. It was btwn him and Shaman guy for who might be next.

@HandOfFate, Im thinking Justice Robo did the lifting, unless Yamada was faking his at first.

Hmmm on that thought, scrapping my original theory. Maybe somehow Yamada convinces Celes to help him get Alter Ego. Celes agree and she instructs Yamada to attack her, fake his own attacking and then kill Ishimaru so Yamada has Alter Ego to himself. Thats how the bodies get switched, he does it. But then for some reason Celes kills Yamada when he drops Ishimaru in the final room, so she "discovers" both of them.

Just my thought.

I really wanna know where Kirigiri is...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-08-10, 03:44   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
And I think that Yamada was the person that was used, mainly because he was the last one to die (Ishimaru died earlier).
Wasn't Ishimaru the fourth victim? He was the one with the biggest hammer.
Old 2013-08-10, 05:35   Link #25
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wasn't Ishimaru the fourth victim? He was the one with the biggest hammer.
But Yamada died on Asahina's lap at the end of the episode. There was an announcement that a corpse was found at this time as well. Ishimaru was already dead when this happened. So I guess the murderer(s) tried to trick the others in thinking that Yamada was killed before Ishimaru by numbering the hammers. Yamada 'waking up' for a moment probably wasn't in the plan.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:25   Link #26
HandofFate

Right now not even sure if there's only 1 killer.
Despite the patterning with the hammers, maybe there's two killers, and there be two executions at the end, really stacking high the body count for this one.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:21   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
But Yamada died on Asahina's lap at the end of the episode. There was an announcement that a corpse was found at this time as well. Ishimaru was already dead when this happened. So I guess the murderer(s) tried to trick the others in thinking that Yamada was killed before Ishimaru by numbering the hammers. Yamada 'waking up' for a moment probably wasn't in the plan.
Not to mention Yamada said the culprit was Yasuhiro.
Old 2013-08-10, 11:36   Link #28
Tennouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
dang, two people dead.
Felt Ishimaru was going to be dead next, one way or the other, so big surprise there.

Fat guy, man. He keeps going back and forth between "oh he's dead" "oh he's not" "okay, he's really dead now" "nvm..." "okay, super dead now"

Celes does seem suspicious, but if she is, wonder how they're going to explain the movement of the bodies, Celes doesn't look like she can carry them anyway.
I dont think anyone could have moved Yamada from the first to the third floor without being seen considering his size, so it's likely he was faking his death and was killed on the third floor.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:05   Link #29
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennouji View Post
I dont think anyone could have moved Yamada from the first to the third floor without being seen considering his size, so it's likely he was faking his death and was killed on the third floor.
Same, Im thinking he and Celes faked their attacks with Justice Robo, which might be Shaman guy at this point since Yamada does figure him. Or the photo was also faked.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-08-10, 12:29   Link #30
ookamigirl

Monokuma's incentive for the winner seems rather tempting.
The AI sure made things interesting.
Made everyone feel like their friends are still around.
Guess that's fine, but it also gave them a sense of false hope.
Like clockwork, every time someone gets killed.
The mysterious new attacker put everyone on edge.
I like it how unpredictable the killers are so far.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-08-10, 14:03   Link #31
Solitaired

Just to inform that the investigation is incomplete. Wonder if they will be included next episode. Seems bad to have a trial shorter than one with an obvious dying message or one with a slip of the tongue.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:47   Link #32
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The way I see it, Ishimaru going super saiyan was like a defense mechanism that prevented him from giving up on life altogether.

On a side note, if there's one reason for me to keep watching this series, it's this:

They're doing a great job portraying Monokuma as the ultimate troll.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:52   Link #33
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
They're doing a great job portraying Monokuma as the ultimate troll.
lmao, so true
Old 2013-08-10, 17:23   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

When I saw Justice Robot, I wondered if the 16th student wasn't the Super Duper High School cosplayer, who'd spent all his time till then disguised as an inanimate object?

If the first announcement was only for Ishimaru, yes, there's a chance Yamada was alive and carried him. Was Alter Ego taken hostage for his cooperation?

And what's that about everyone knowing each other since before? It would explain the ED, but not how they all forgot.
Old 2013-08-10, 17:27   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

*put on his detective hat

Celes is the mole

Evidence
1. The person who Kurokuma was talking to at the end of ep5 was drinking tea
2. In previous eps Celes was shown to be a tea drinker.
Old 2013-08-10, 18:20   Link #36
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
When I saw Justice Robot, I wondered if the 16th student wasn't the Super Duper High School cosplayer, who'd spent all his time till then disguised as an inanimate object?
I think the justice robot is Alter Ego. The kills could thus be attributed to Chihiro. Consider that both Ishida and Yamada were fighting over the usage of Alter Ego, and they were both targeted. But how do you execute someone who's already dead?

Regardless, I'm glad that Asahina survives to see another episode. I figure she has to live on to near the end - the show sacrificed too much of its sex appeal early on to take out Asahina too.

As for the mole, it seems an obvious track to choose, but I'll go with
Spoiler for Speculation from an anime-only viewer:
Old 2013-08-10, 18:27   Link #37
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*put on his detective hat

Celes is the mole

Evidence
1. The person who Kurokuma was talking to at the end of ep5 was drinking tea
2. In previous eps Celes was shown to be a tea drinker.
OBJECTION! In episode four, Celes was shown to drink only Royal Milk Tea, despising regular milk tea enough to shatter the cup on the floor. Yet in episode five, the tea the mole was drinking looked a great deal like the milk tea Celes rejected!

Having looked up what Royal Milk Tea looks like on Google Image Search, it appears that it is actually a good deal lighter than regular milk tea, yet the mole had a rather dark tea (which could be due to the lighting...).

And if I may put on my Watsonian hat with my Doylist hat for a moment: There's a good bit of evidence that Celes is the killer in this case. Why introduce a mole just to immediately kill her off? I'm betting that the mole will be one of the last few standing.

Also, I agree with Ledgem on the probably identity of the mole.
Old 2013-08-10, 19:51   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Personally, I found this episode kind of rushed and hard to follow. Still, it was decently entertaining. Ishimaru going Super-Saiyan while imitating Mondo was pretty badass. At least the guy had a couple nice scenes before getting taken out. Similarly, Yamada had some nice lines, and it's good that his character got fleshed out a little bit before being killed.

As for the culprit of the killings, I have to say that previous posts on this thread have really lead me to believe that it is Celes. Which I don't like saying, as I like Celes, and I'd hate to see her gone after next episode. But her behavior in this episode was decidedly OoC, and definitely comes across as her trying to seem normal and innocent (and doing a good job at it, to her credit).
Old 2013-08-10, 20:10   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The problem with this "proof" is that there's no guarantee that Celes is the only one who drinks tea. Lots of people drink tea. I drink tea, does that mean I'm the mole?
Old 2013-08-10, 20:33   Link #40
Divini
Senpai!

That ED photo suddenly could have a deeper meaning. A photo in the past?
Closed Thread