AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-05-16, 02:39   Link #12701
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Now I hope two things. First : That the spirit king isn't going to be humiliated in the next battle.
No way, did you see the size of his mustache ? With something like that he can't be weak .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 02:55   Link #12702
MAX_COLA_POWER!

As a friend of mine said: Norio Wakamoto has entered the fray. You have made Norio Wakamoto angry, prepare to die mutant cube.
Old 2014-05-16, 02:59   Link #12703
Bombo
TSF Fans

Nooooooooo Aquarius sacrificed her self to summon spirit king !!! My favorite spirit is gone >_< ...it's so emotional ...i'm sad >_<
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 03:02   Link #12704
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
No way, did you see the size of his mustache ? With something like that he can't be weak .
You have a point. With this kind of mustache there's no way he will be defeated easily.
Old 2014-05-16, 03:09   Link #12705
ellessarr
Banned

that was really, really a good chapter, lucy really evolved a lot as a mage here and person.
even to the end aquarius still "tsundere" and cant just say who she likes lucy(ofcourse to make less hard to lucy break the key)

i gonna miss lamia she was a funny character
torufasaa a honored, pridefull demon
jackals is a asshole person
spirit king one shot the big monster cube
next round spirit king x hades king

really 10/10 this chapter.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 04:20   Link #12706
ShiroiRyu

Ok ... Just wow ...
I never even thought about this ...
But wow ...
Old 2014-05-16, 05:36   Link #12707
_Misfit

This chapter man... Jesus Christ...
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:34   Link #12708
Wandering Soul

I am gonna miss Aquarius but at least now we will see the King tear Lucy's enemies apart. Still it was cute how to the very end Aquarius insisted that she didn't like Lucy.
Old 2014-05-16, 11:48   Link #12709
ranchan13

Fare thee well Aquarius, I doubt we've seen the last of you.
I'm almost shocked though that Lucy didn't close the 3 she had open, and then summon Gemini for an Urano Metria barrage. As awesome as it is seeing the Spirit King summoned, it feels a little less like Lucy's triumph. Granted, he's a part of her power, but I think I'd prefer to see her win with less than more. At least with Urano Metria, there'd be no doubt that it was her own power, and not a hack that relies on something normally far beyond her reach.

That said, I have a feeling that in the future, the plot may require she destroy the other 11 gold keys as well.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:00   Link #12710
XFire
150% done

Everytime I start to get fed up with Fairy Tail they pull shit like this and hook me again.
Old 2014-05-16, 13:00   Link #12711
xzaizenx

Wow best Fairy Tail chapter ever
It really gave the story depth that kinda lacked in the last chapters
xzaizenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:01   Link #12712
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Holy hell, did NOT expect this chapter. Epic ambush of epicness (and no, this isn't redundant)
Old 2014-05-16, 13:14   Link #12713
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Great chapter, didn't think Lucy would go through with it. Aquarius will be missed. Liked how she kept saying that she hated Lucy till the end. The king destroying the cube in one move was awesome.

Seems like the King and the enemy know each other? Also wasn't something supposed to happen when all 12 gold keys were together? Also since Aquarius was Lucy's mom's key i doubt we've seen the last of her.
Old 2014-05-16, 13:14   Link #12714
Saravis4

As much as I enjoyed this chapter and hell did I enjoy it, unless Lucy gets something more here, she's going to come out weaker after this is all done. She's lost one of her most powerful spirits, for a one time summoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I'm almost shocked though that Lucy didn't close the 3 she had open, and then summon Gemini for an Urano Metria barrage.
With three demons attacking her, I doubt she would have had the time for the barrage. She needed those three summonings to keep them at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Second : Never repair the key to the Aquarius gate.
As much as I would normally agree that would be cheap, and I do, I would be willing to give it a pass, being that this is Lucy we're talking about here. The poor girl rarely gets a moment to shine and when she finally does, its with blood soaked tears. I find it to be rather unfair for her to have to go through such a sacrifice when none of the others have had to.

Last edited by Saravis4; 2014-05-16 at 13:42.
Saravis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 14:51   Link #12715
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll go with scrapping Aquarius too. Her character (as well as most of the other spirits) has had little to no development, her power level is stagnant (to the point where she draws with Juvia?) and...well, Lucy is already stacked with so many keys, they can't all get a chance to shine, cutting down on their number makes it easier to handle her.

Not to mention, star power is S-rank along with sun/moon, so I expect our mustached white knight to do some ungodly damage; paying a steep price is pretty much expected at this point. I highly doubt Lucy will ever break another key though...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:28   Link #12716
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Disappointing chapter. Celestial Spirit Mage has soo much potential, yet Mashima is content to having Lucy and her spirits get beat up and toyed with. WOW guys she has 3 spirits out! Shes going to kick ass now!! "They're too strong, Lucy!"

I mean, what's the fucking point of having 3 spirits out when none of them can do shit. OOO wow they are buying time for Lucy to run away! Shit, they couldn't even do that properly

So what now? Lucy going to sacrifice her spirits to summon the King when shes in a pinch? What then when she uses up all her spirits? EHHH?

Mashima how about stop being lazy and give them(spirits) offensive/defensive buffs and special attacks. If the spirits are dependent on the summoners strength/magic then get Lucy up in shape and get her magic powers up. Shes falling behind from the rest of the cast.

BAH!
Old 2014-05-16, 15:52   Link #12717
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...like Aquarius' key is gonna stay broken...who do you think you're trying to fool Mashima?

Also...Damn, the Celestial Spirit King is pretty badass, orbital strike the just destroyed that huge base beast thing with little to no effort. Respect yo.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 17:20   Link #12718
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Disappointing chapter. Celestial Spirit Mage has soo much potential, yet Mashima is content to having Lucy and her spirits get beat up and toyed with. WOW guys she has 3 spirits out! Shes going to kick ass now!! "They're too strong, Lucy!"

I mean, what's the fucking point of having 3 spirits out when none of them can do shit. OOO wow they are buying time for Lucy to run away! Shit, they couldn't even do that properly

So what now? Lucy going to sacrifice her spirits to summon the King when shes in a pinch? What then when she uses up all her spirits? EHHH?
Under what other circumstances would Lucy ever need to resort to the spirit king? I mean in order to resort to him she would HAVE to be in a situation where 3 gold keys was not enough. If 3 spirits could solve all of her problems then she would never need the spirit king in the first place. The 3 keys have their purpose in just about any other circumstance other than when she is being targeted by three villains and a whole base full of other minions.

Quote:
Mashima how about stop being lazy and give them(spirits) offensive/defensive buffs and special attacks. If the spirits are dependent on the summoners strength/magic then get Lucy up in shape and get her magic powers up. Shes falling behind from the rest of the cast.

BAH!
Now this I can agree with; i do take some issue with how spirit mage's have been handled... there is a bit of a disconnect between Lucy and her spirits. We are TOLD that it takes a great deal of magic power to summon spirits, but we don't really FEEL it... we can't really tell exactly how much effort Lucy has to put in and in a way it makes it feel like the spirits are the one's doing most of the work, and Lucy is just there to key the gate open.

What I think would be more effective is if the power of the spirit was reflected in the mage. The stronger Lucy becomes the stronger her spirits are. Furthermore the mage could also make the use of buffs spells to increase the power of the spirits... I mean the way the spirits are now always worried me about their future; where as other characters have ever increasing power levels, the spirits feel more finite... eventually you find an enemies who can beat a single spriti and then you have situations like this; if however the mage could incrase the strength of the spirit, then their isn't any limit to the strength of the spirits

I also think it would have been a bit more interesting if Lucy made more use of Silver keys... like what if silver keys took up a lot less magic thus making them more viable for times when a mage must conserve their power; heck one way of combating a high level opponent is that instead of using one gold key, you could use 2 silver keys. Or maybe we could see more silver key that work like weapons, like the one Angel used; Heck summon a gold key and armed them with a silver key weapon. Could make for some interesting combinations

Another thing that has bugged me is the keys. How many of each key actually exists? Is their only one gold each, or are their more? One thing that also never seems to come up is the contract; Lucy uses whatever gold spirit she wants when she wants, and yet when they were first introduced it was said she had to make a contract on when she could use them. Its never really explained.

Quote:
Yea...like Aquarius' key is gonna stay broken...who do you think you're trying to fool Mashima?
Well its not like she's actually dead... so its atleast possible this might be for keeps. Killing her would be hard to swallow, but just removing her from the story when Mashima has other spirits to play with? Seems possible.
Old 2014-05-16, 17:42   Link #12719
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Damn, this chapter was fairly emotional. I actually felt bad for Lucy at the end.

Can't wait to see the fight now!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 21:03   Link #12720
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Great chapter, didn't think Lucy would go through with it. Aquarius will be missed. Liked how she kept saying that she hated Lucy till the end. The king destroying the cube in one move was awesome.

Seems like the King and the enemy know each other? Also wasn't something supposed to happen when all 12 gold keys were together? Also since Aquarius was Lucy's mom's key i doubt we've seen the last of her.
getting all 12 keys was for the whole gate to open or whatever last arc.

Also there is 13 keys in case you forgot.

Oh and I'm sure we will get Acquarius back a few arcs from now. Lucy will get a new key for her and it will be a touching moment, ect. Unlike some i don't think regaining the key will diminish this moment.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen