AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 04:39   Link #361
Scarletknive
Meister

Oh well...it seems Setsuna has his day off in Celestial Being...(so does other characters in all gundam series ranging from Gundam~ Gundam 00(seems like the people in Gundam AGE are busy as the UE attacks at anytime.)

Setsuna:O_O should I read this manga? "Read Chapter 13"..........Oh well, I should read it.

Lockon:.....Are you reading the same manga again?(sheesh just because one of the girls in that game looks like 00 Qan[T], and that she use the quotes from you, u become so indulged to the manga)
Setsuna:!!! How u know that?
Lockon:We can track what u are doing in the internet as we got track IP device, it is special as it also allow us to see what are you doing.(I should give a word of thanks to Tieria for this.)

In the Celestial Being Ship....
Tieria:So does it work even in your time guys?
Others in another timelines:Ya it works. Thanks as we can read it now
Tieria:No problem!

*Once Setsuna clicks to see the next page* Setsuna:*nosebleed* O_O....*faint*
Lockon:Oh fk....now it is stucked to the page. Tieria, change the IP track to me we dun want anyone to die!
Tieria and others from other timeline:*drools*
Tieria:Oh uh ok.....*after some time*...ok changed.
Lockon:*crushed his phone after looking 2 at the 5th page*Isnt this like
Spoiler for spoiler for chapter 13:
...now i am pissed....
Tieria:Woah chill......this is taking too far! Sumeragi-san, permission to launch the gundams!
Sumeragi:*zzzzzz*
Tieria:=.= nvm the 2 goddess have settled the issue...

Gundam SEED Destiny era
Kira:Well, I am so lucky Lacus never go that mode on Meer last time...(Lucky Meer died before this even released, and those 2 REAL goddess are cool, with style , but the twintail one looks scary after defeating the monsters and looking at the fakes...)
Lacus:Hmm...now that i have read this, maybe i should do that to Meer next time, oh wait she is dead already...maybe i should release that anger on Kira. *Evil grin*

Note: Neptune/Purple Heart's VA is the same as Lacus thats why the joke above takes into action.

Athrun:Meer...T_T....*reads comic* but those 2 in swimsuits looks cool *drools*
Continuation of the joke above.
Kira:*runs* Lacus...stop...I know
Spoiler for spoilers to chapter 13:
but just because of this chapter dun get influenced. I am innocent.
Lacus:Even without that, u never tell me that u have a sister!
Kira:Ahhh!!! *Bumps onto Athrun* Athrun help me take cover...
Athrun:Oi Kira...Uh oh now she is angry at me. O_O
Lacus:Oh yes, i forgot u are with Meer last time before I come down to Earth with the infinite justice.
Athrun:Wait...u got to unders-
Lacus:No questions asked. Now DIE!
Athrun:NOOOOO!!! KIRA U SO GONNA PAY FOR THIS!!!

Me:As for what happened next i let you guys find out. While Setsuna.................

Setsuna:Ugh....Where am I? Oh ya the comic.
Setsuna(Tieria):Why hello there myself.
Setsuna:........ Tieria u need a voice changer...

Parts of the chat is related to the manga...but obvious ones are spoilered.

Hallelujah:OH YEA THATS MY PURPLE HEART! AS CRAZY AS ME!
Allelujah:But I am not as moe as her in her Human form...
Graham,Lockon,Setsuna,Tieria:We should really kill him after we settled the conflict in Gundam SEED Destiny era...

Brief outline of the chat and whats the relation...(i only show the chat part...)
Spoiler for Chat related to manga:

Now i want to see fakes of the goddesses' sisters

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2011-11-17 at 00:21.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 10:54   Link #362
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It was about time we saw the goddesses again in action
Old 2011-11-16, 11:00   Link #363
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

There is a rumor about Noire will be getting her own game. You can see the info on the mock-magazine in the official site. (or browse some gaming blog like andriasang).
Old 2011-11-16, 19:08   Link #364
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
There is a rumor about Noire will be getting her own game. You can see the info on the mock-magazine in the official site. (or browse some gaming blog like andriasang).
Well i hope it will be interesting. (if its true)

I wonder what will be the title?

Link to official site?

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2011-11-17 at 00:21.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:46   Link #365
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Well i hope it will be interesting. (if its true)

I wonder what will be the title?

Link to official site?
Sorry for late answer
it's here, and this is the news about it.

Aside from that, it has been announced that Neptune mkII will be localized in February (yay!)

Another good news is they're going to release an artbook of both series (not the 40 page visual guide books included with the LE version of the games) for 2940 yen. There is also a limited edition of it which will include 3 A2-sized posters for 5250 yen (very expensive IMO )

The artbook will be released on 26th December this year. Up till now, I only found the available pre-orders here:
- Amazon JP (regular edition)
- SoftBank Creative Shop (limited edition, seems like it's store-exclusive)

I'm gonna get the artbook for sure
Old 2011-11-28, 19:50   Link #366
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So I have a feeling I asked this already and I apologize if I have, but what are some opinions you have of this game? I've been interested for quite some time, and FINALLY the game hits the stores in my area. It's $59.99 so I want to be sure before buying it, as these often untrustworthy Western reviewers have been giving it decently bad scores.

Shall I make the investment, do you think?
Old 2011-11-28, 20:37   Link #367
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

To be honest it's not really a good game by any means. The battle system is lame and boring and the item system is just flat-out bad. The environments are incredibly bland and recycled as well as the game enemies, and all the cutscenes are done in a visual novel like style with background and character CG. (Though it's good CG, I'll give it that.)

With that said though, if you like moe and/or mecha-musume then you'll like this game. It's a pretty much given. Dare I say it's the main attraction of the whole thing.

Personally the only reason I got it was because it is a personification of the gaming industry, and I wanted to see how it would be pulled off. Luckily I found it quite funny and all the references were enough to keep me entertained so I didn't feel my time was wasted. (Though if it wasn't localized jokes I probably wouldn't like it as much as I did.) In case you didn't know, moe doesn't do it for me.

Thankfully the sequel is looking much better compared to the first. It looks more like a game rather than a moe trip, so I'm willing to give it a shot as well.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-11-28 at 20:49.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:11   Link #368
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

The power of the game lies within the storyline (which is a parody of the gaming world in real life. Lots of jokes and references to certain series / events / people as well), and also the characters. Gameplay is quite mediocre, especially the healing system graphic isn't PS3-like, bad SFX, and so on. No town exploration, only dialogues, CG arts, and dungeons.

So, pretty much like SilverSyko said: basically, it's a very niche game. Hence the bad scores in reviews. So, it's up to you whether to purchase it. You might want to look at gameplay samples from YouTube.

As for me, I don't play the game although I love to follow the news about it
Old 2011-11-29, 07:02   Link #369
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I see, thank you both for the input. I have definitely heard that MK2 is much more well-rounded than its predecessor, and it's also getting a translation very soon. Would investing in that be a better deal, or do I require knowledge from this game to understand what happens in this one?
Old 2011-11-29, 07:46   Link #370
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I see, thank you both for the input. I have definitely heard that MK2 is much more well-rounded than its predecessor, and it's also getting a translation very soon. Would investing in that be a better deal, or do I require knowledge from this game to understand what happens in this one?
The actual storyline isn't particularly in-depth and could be fully described in a single sentence so I don't think you'd really require anything plotwise. You'd be missing the funny jokes and character interactions that really drove the game but I doubt much of that will form any sort of complicated continuity that will confuse you if you start with the second game.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 08:48   Link #371
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
The power of the game lies within the storyline (which is a parody of the gaming world in real life. Lots of jokes and references to certain series / events / people as well), and also the characters. Gameplay is quite mediocre, especially the healing system graphic isn't PS3-like, bad SFX, and so on. No town exploration, only dialogues, CG arts, and dungeons.

So, pretty much like SilverSyko said: basically, it's a very niche game. Hence the bad scores in reviews. So, it's up to you whether to purchase it. You might want to look at gameplay samples from YouTube.

As for me, I don't play the game although I love to follow the news about it
I wonder why.... Must be LoweGear...he corrupted you Meh I tried the game, but I am a slow progressor (due to many MISSES when I hit a boss) which forced me to train ==
Any of you watched Ben-to? The twins are nearly like...Neptune and Nepgear.(VA wise for Nepgear, "Get into troubles" type for Neptune)
Spoiler for off-topic:

Brb, while I got a Death Flag triggered on me for off-topics.

@RWB:Yea when I actually play it, it feels like there is little connection with some issues such as
1. IF and Compa doesn't know N1 and Gust, which is weird as they meet each other in the 1st game already.(Probably too long already, but I remember friends from Sec 1(Sec 4 here, waiting for O level results)
Thats all I can find, due to the fact that i using a little to no knowledge of the 1st game to compare and spot issues.

But overall, I find the game fun but.............A question remains...:Is there a new game+ for this?(Like the 1st game)
And never mind Ryonea, people need rest and not stick to one thread.(But thats why i double post...=_=, no one posting it at all)
Go try out the anime i stated in BOLD...Funny, action and Fight.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2011-11-29 at 09:03.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:39   Link #372
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And never mind Ryonea, people need rest and not stick to one thread.(But thats why i double post...=_=, no one posting it at all)
Well, I saw your last post that time, but by the time you edited it, I've never visited here again so I didn't know that you asked for the news URL.
About Ben-To... I know that anime but I haven't watched it yet (I'm waiting for it to finish first).

Quote:
I wonder why.... Must be LoweGear...he corrupted you Meh I tried the game, but I am a slow progressor (due to many MISSES when I hit a boss) which forced me to train ==
No, he's got nothing to do with me

I already discovered the game before I joined here, actually and I was instantly drawn to the character designs. The idea of the gaming industry parody also made me interested. But not the gameplay

I don't really mind the gameplay since I know what type of game is this, and I don't care about review scores too.

The reason why I don't play this game is mainly because of distribution problem and also the price... pretty much the same with papermario's case. Over here, only a few retailers stock Japanese anime-esque games, and since they don't have that many, the price is also very high as well. If only it's cheaper or within normal price range, then I would play it for sure
Old 2011-11-29, 09:58   Link #373
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

The reason why I don't play this game is mainly because of distribution problem and also the price... pretty much the same with papermario's case. Over here, only a few retailers stock Japanese anime-esque games, and since they don't have that many, the price is also very high as well. If only it's cheaper or within normal price range, then I would play it for sure
This game in particular was also very rare just about everywhere. Was even out of stock at over $150 US on Amazon at one point. It's dropped significantly since then however due to a re-release and is now available for $29.99 at Gamestop. Kinda wish I'd sold mine back then as I'd have made a decent amount of money and could have re-bought it at this low price if I'd wanted.
Old 2011-11-29, 12:18   Link #374
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Any of you watched Ben-to? The twins are nearly like...Neptune and Nepgear.(VA wise for Nepgear, "Get into troubles" type for Neptune)
Spoiler for off-topic:

Brb, while I got a Death Flag triggered on me for off-topics.

@RWB:Yea when I actually play it, it feels like there is little connection with some issues such as
1. IF and Compa doesn't know N1 and Gust, which is weird as they meet each other in the 1st game already.(Probably too long already, but I remember friends from Sec 1(Sec 4 here, waiting for O level results)
Thats all I can find, due to the fact that i using a little to no knowledge of the 1st game to compare and spot issues.

But overall, I find the game fun but.............A question remains...:Is there a new game+ for this?(Like the 1st game)
Both the purple sisters are flat.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 12:51   Link #375
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's dropped significantly since then however due to a re-release and is now available for $29.99 at Gamestop.
$29.99 what is this madness. I haven't validated this, but hopefully shops here have the same price due to it being a franchise. Making it $30 would definitely get me 100%, at the very least for another JRPG that's filled with hilarious references.

Speaking of the references, I watched a few YouTube videos about the game. The English voices aren't bad, but as per usual I'd love to play with the original Japanese voices. The problem here is, the jokes are all localized, aren't they? Will the Japanese voice acting match up to what they're saying, or am I going to feel really weird by listening to jokes from the wrong area?
Old 2011-11-29, 14:37   Link #376
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
$29.99 what is this madness. I haven't validated this, but hopefully shops here have the same price due to it being a franchise. Making it $30 would definitely get me 100%, at the very least for another JRPG that's filled with hilarious references.

Speaking of the references, I watched a few YouTube videos about the game. The English voices aren't bad, but as per usual I'd love to play with the original Japanese voices. The problem here is, the jokes are all localized, aren't they? Will the Japanese voice acting match up to what they're saying, or am I going to feel really weird by listening to jokes from the wrong area?
Hmm, I checked their Canadian website and it appears to be 59.99 there so maybe that price is a US-exclusive thing. However, the picture on the Canadian site looks like the version that includes the artbook and the 29.99 one definitely does not have it.

Someone who knows more Japanese than me would be better suited to answer the translation question but even with my extremely limited knowledge I did notice a couple areas where they definitely took some liberties with it. I think a previous post in this thread mentioned there may have been some indirect seiyuu references in the Japanese dialogue; if so those are definitely cut out of the subtitles.
Old 2011-11-29, 14:46   Link #377
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, website like Siliconera are talking about how NIS is selling the standalone game for that price. The artbook would be pretty damn awesome but I could make do without it. Either way, I'm pretty much a sucker for games like this so it looks I'll finally be able to put those trade-in values I had to good use.

Thanks everyone.
Old 2011-11-30, 05:54   Link #378
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But both the purple sisters are flat.
So what? I am not into that unlike mangatron (which u called him Verttron for him looking at Vert's *cough cough*)
But i go for VA and attitude (VA due to Nepgear's VA same as short haired girl, Funny type(Long haired girl) sounds too Neptune...but hairstyle wise, they are opposite)

@Ryonea:if u are living in Singapore, I found a shop that sells mk-2...(due to my poor sight, damn you my brother) and bought it for hmm...$78(including pre-order bonus)
A good $78 without shipping fees and by default, it is cheaper than buying from playasia(i usually buy games from that website, including the upcoming Gundam Vs. Gundam Extreme)

Now I keep poisoning my brother by showing the cute nendroids of Neptune and Nepgear (In website, if i show him in real, he will die from poison)
Old 2011-11-30, 13:33   Link #379
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So like I predicted, I caved in and bought it. What I didn't expect was that the single copy at my GameStop was on the verge of being pulled from shelves from not being sold, so they gave it to me for $20 new. I was like, "damn, now THAT's one hell of a deal!".

I'm gonna play through it soon, was too tired after work last night to even turn on the PS3.
Old 2011-12-01, 04:09   Link #380
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
So like I predicted, I caved in and bought it. What I didn't expect was that the single copy at my GameStop was on the verge of being pulled from shelves from not being sold, so they gave it to me for $20 new. I was like, "damn, now THAT's one hell of a deal!".

I'm gonna play through it soon, was too tired after work last night to even turn on the PS3.
WHAT?! I bought it for $78, yet u got it for $20. Oh the heart pain.

In the news, alot of people who want to play the game in english is going to be short of $ due to too many games and PS Vita release. According to the source by Ryonea.
Here is a comment of a person in siliconera.com
Spoiler for Michael Stevens:

Btw, Saintess, mangatron still loves his GREEN and BIG GREEN too

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2011-12-01 at 04:34.

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg