AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-09, 21:43   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Manga Discussion: Chapter 336[spoilers]

Title of chapter is Luffy vs Franky

-we begin with the face off frankie talks smack does some stretches and gets ready to go off on luffy who gives him the your ass is mine routine

-franky begins by spitting fire at luffy and the spectators who somehow didnt get hurt by it

-he then jumps in the water and punches through the boat luffy and nami are on. [at this point i dont think franky is a devil fruit user ] luffy is about to throw a punch when franky's fist extends via this chain that is attached to his arms.

-franky then exclaims with great delight that he is a [and dont quote me on this the raw isnt good] "Cyborg Man" we then switch to the Galley La folks and Iceberg at the hospital.

-seems everyone has found out that luffy, robin and zoro are very wanted pirates and we are introduced to the final Galley La member Cooka or something as he runs in to tell them that franky is at the dock fighting someone Iceberg is deep in thought about something which i cant make out and we switch back to the dock where franky and luffy are going at it and destroying the hell out of it

- franky shows off more of his robo moves, an aiming scope appears on his hand and then it moves to the side to shoot missles. most of his moves seem to be called weapons right was the extending fist missle thing and this one is called weapons left. luffy counters and does a gomu gomu spear

-and then the girls on stage fall off or knocked down by someone unexpected arrivals. The galley La people all 5 of them show up and are pretty pissed chapter ends there with the towns folk cheering for the galley la.

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2004-09-09 at 21:59.
Old 2004-09-10, 00:03   Link #2
Dual247

maybe its just me, but the fact that Franky is a cyborg-type character, its even more possible than ever that he'll be the next crewmember. I mean, he's different than the rest of the guys and he might be a mechanic. I'm all for it. Only prob is, he's too much like Chopper in his arm-mode.

anyway, enjoying this arc thus far. lotsa twists and the likes. keep it up.
Old 2004-09-10, 00:15   Link #3
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
maybe its just me, but the fact that Franky is a cyborg-type character, its even more possible than ever that he'll be the next crewmember. I mean, he's different than the rest of the guys and he might be a mechanic. I'm all for it. Only prob is, he's too much like Chopper in his arm-mode.

anyway, enjoying this arc thus far. lotsa twists and the likes. keep it up.
... I don't get why people are saying Franky should join the crew. First off he's quite evil indeed. Second of all he hates Luffy and the Straw Hats quite a bit. And also due to what happened before, the feeling is both ways. It's very unlikely that he will join the crew. Crocodile is more likely to join the crew than him. Just show up out of nowhere and join...
Old 2004-09-10, 01:42   Link #4
Dual247

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
... I don't get why people are saying Franky should join the crew. First off he's quite evil indeed. Second of all he hates Luffy and the Straw Hats quite a bit. And also due to what happened before, the feeling is both ways. It's very unlikely that he will join the crew. Crocodile is more likely to join the crew than him. Just show up out of nowhere and join...
I just thought that Franky might not be as bad as people portrayed him to be. From what I've read, Franky haven't done anything truly evil. Sure he has his own gang and stuff, but it might've been due to a tragic past and some. I mean, if anything, every strawhat crewmember has, is a tragic past. I'm pretty sure Franky is not gonna be the villian of this arc, it's gonna be that masked person. Franky maybe involved with that person somehow. Some bad blood maybe? Who knows. And the idea of him hating the strawhats could be changed thru events.

I'm not praising Franky and think he's all that. the character design is alright, nothing spectacular, but I find the idea of him being a cyborg is an intriguing aspect. Is it due to a mechanic accident? All I know is, the arc is no where near over, still a lot of history and secrets to unveil. I just think Franky is the next crew, that's all.
Old 2004-09-10, 06:35   Link #5
Yoska
フランキー

A great chapter ( again ).

I think that too. Franky would fit in the crew and the masked person might be the villain. Maybe Franky bought some cool upgrade to himself with the 200 000 Bellys.

Luffy is totally screwed, 5 against him is too much (I think Rob Luchi is a devil fruit user) and Nami is the only crew mate around. And if the Marines are now coming to Water 7 and not to forgetting Aqua Laguna. Franky could help out Luffy for some reason, he doesn't seem to like Galley-la company at all. Of course Robin could show up too to help Luffy and to explain her situation.

Could CP9 possibly be the thing that the goverment is desiring?
Old 2004-09-10, 08:37   Link #6
hi no ken Jebus

Quote:
One Piece 336 - Luffy vs. Franky

Franky calls Luffy out, saying he should've waited for Franky to be home before going into a blind rage. Therefore, in revenge for the destruction of his amazing house, and what was done to his underlings, Franky intends completely crush Luffy. Nami tells Franky that it happened because he stole their money, and Franky replies that the money is already spent, and if they're pirates, they should do a better job protecting it. Luffy says he doesn't care about that anyway, but he won't feel right with out beating Franky. The townsfolk run away, and Franky leans back. Nami and Luffy wonder what he's doing, and then Franky blows a giant fire ball from his mouth, which Nami and Luffy barely avoid. Nami and Luffy realize that Franky must have a Devil Fruit power, and Franky jumps down at them, only to fall in the water. However, Franky resurfaces and smashes their ride, saying he never ate a Devil Fruit. Luffy prepares to attack, but Franky says he knows already about Luffy's power. Franky punches, and his arm, attached to a chain, flies into Luffy (Franky calls the attack the "Strong Right"), and knocks him into the wall of the #1 dock.
Franky then explains, since Luffy and Nami weren't aware: he's a cyborg.

Back at Galrea HQ, Rucci tells Iceberg that he's contacted the government, and they confirmed that Nico Robin probably is somewhere in Water 7, with the rest of the Straw Hat crew. The Galeras realize that the Straw Hats must be the culprits, as some sort of petty revenge for finding out their ship can't be fixed. The news spreads out into the streets as well. All of a sudden, Tileston runs in to Iceberg's room, shouting that there's another crisis. Seeing that Iceberg is awake, Tileston shouts about how relieved he is (he also, finally, gets a little intro box). Pauley smacks him, and takes him outside to find out what happened. Tileston shouts that Straw Hat Luffy is fighting with Franky outside the #1 Dock, and causing a good deal of damage as well. Iceberg wonders to himself what exactly happened. He still doesn't remember the events well, but it seemed like the aim of his attempted assassins was that "object" that he has which the government is also after. He wonders if the Straw Hats are working with the government, or if there are simply several groups that want it. Califa tells him to rest, as she's there to take care of him.

Outside, the door to the #1 dock begins to open, and Luffy and Franky are still fighting, with Nami acting as Luffy's cheerleader, and Franky's two girls acting as his. Luffy says he's saying going to crush Franky, and Franky replies that Luffy doesn't stand a chance. His left hand then opens and fires a missile ("Weapons Left"). Luffy dodges, attacks Franky again, but then both of them are sent flying. Luffy looks up to see who did it, and before him stand our five lovable Galeras. Pauley tells them to cut the small time antics, and asks Luffy what he's up to. Franky's surprised to see the Galeras, and the townsfolk all cheer for the heroes.
summary by my hero captain panda

my guess is that franky and luffy will have to team up to take on the shipwrights or luffy and franky are in for an ass kicking 6 on 1 respectively. well im starting to lean with those who say this might be our 8th member i mean franky screams tragic story. the whole cyborg thing is going to make luffy jizz in his pants. eventhough they hate each other it always works out somehow in the end. everyone starts hating on the straw hats before they clean up.
Old 2004-09-10, 09:10   Link #7
DeluxSkillz

if franky becomes a crew member then one piece will definately go down in my list of best anime/manga's i don't like this franky guy at all he just doesn't fit in
Old 2004-09-10, 13:28   Link #8
Love Cook

I really can't see Franky becoming a crew member... I like his ability and all, and his... well, Oda-style strangeness is of course amusing, and I'm sure as it has been mentioned that there will be a sad flashback of why he's a cyborg... I dunno, I still don't really like anyone yet. *shrug* Filling out Robin's character is close enough to a new crew member for me.

Maybe that Kaku guy. I'm sure Oda has something interesting planned if he really is wearing a mask (that hasn't been proven to be true or false yet, right?). Plus, someone mentioned his voice sounding like that of an older man's voice, right? Didn't Luffy say that? So he can be the middle-aged guy that... eh, I dunno. But still, there's an opening for something. Anything.

Oh, and I predict that Luffy will start to fight a few of the Galley-La members, and before Franky can gang up with them and take Luffy down he's attacked by the others. The skirmish is really quick though, as Aqua Laguna/marines/half-dead Iceberg/something like that interrupts it.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:34   Link #9
Evan
天使我爱你

My my,the story is really getting wilder and interesting by each chapter!

The fighting finally gets going!

About franky,he seems interesting with the strange skills he had,might be good in luffy's team....
Old 2004-09-11, 09:35   Link #10
hi no ken Jebus

only problem i have with franky joining is that franky seems like the cocky bastard type and sanji and zoro do more than enough to fill this position. I think ussop will make his triumphant return and rescue the straw hats from this. at least i hope he left in a pitiful way otherwise.

i dont think anyone of the shipwrights would make a good straw hat i mean they dont really seem all that special. but i guess here we will see them show off their abilities on luffy and franky no less. im liking this way more than skypiea at this point it doesnt feel dragged out yet but yea franky is definitely not the main baddie.
Old 2004-09-11, 11:45   Link #11
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
only problem i have with franky joining is that franky seems like the cocky bastard type and sanji and zoro do more than enough to fill this position. I think ussop will make his triumphant return and rescue the straw hats from this. at least i hope he left in a pitiful way otherwise.

i dont think anyone of the shipwrights would make a good straw hat i mean they dont really seem all that special. but i guess here we will see them show off their abilities on luffy and franky no less. im liking this way more than skypiea at this point it doesnt feel dragged out yet but yea franky is definitely not the main baddie.
The Garrera Company seem a lot more special than Franky... and guess what the Straw Hats need a shipwright they won't let a non-shipwright join at this point I think. And Franky does just the opposite of what a shipwright does.
Old 2004-09-11, 14:08   Link #12
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
only problem i have with franky joining is that franky seems like the cocky bastard type and sanji and zoro do more than enough to fill this position
Thats the only thing that bothers me too in Franky besides the triple chin . It's same thing with Paulie, personality is too similar with Sanji and Zoro. But I think Franky's personality is much more colourful than Paulie's although I love Paulie's rope action. At first this cyborg stuff felt little akward but I grew to think it's great and honestly I wouldn't have even think about if he wouldn't have claimed himself as a cyborg (like if he would have called himself an altered human or something).

I'm too tired to continue to debade why Kaku isn't an old man and wearing any mask, but...
1st argument - Kaku's mouth and eyebrowns are moving.
2th argument - Many series have a young character speaking in old manner.
3th argument - He said he's 23 years old.
And yeah I know there could be explanations for all of these.
Old 2004-09-13, 18:28   Link #13
Chamberlain

I think Iceberg is really evil and that the new crew member is Robin's masked friend and they have a reason for trying to kill iceberg because he will use cp9 to destroy water 7.

Well I don't really think this but Iceberg could be bad.

I wonder why Robin would not have succeeded in killing iceberg though. She would have to know to finish the job wouldn't she.

But anyway I'm looking forward the the three way battle. I like the set up so far.
As for the new crew member: The Galley-la seems to much like a family for one of them to leave and none of them have really connected with Luffy. Normally the new crew member is someone that connects with Luffy and is hand picked by him. Also I will never read one piece again if Franky joins (Okay I will still read) but he doesn't seem likely either for above reasons. Die Franky!

Also to add to the reasons of why Kaku is not wearing a mask is because he wouldn't be as cool if he was wearing one. Yep.
Old 2004-09-14, 07:57   Link #14
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Also to add to the reasons of why Kaku is not wearing a mask is because he wouldn't be as cool if he was wearing one. Yep.
Yep. Just check out my avatar .

Some of the crew members were hated when they joined.
Usopp --> 'argggh, that's so uncool !'
Chopper --> 'an animal, how stupid is that ?'
Robin --> 'she is a bad guy, I hate her'. She is still hated.
That's Oda for you. He likes wacky characters and that's what I like in him. You can't please everybody. I want something different, if Franky joins, then I got something different. Whoever is the new crew member, I think I will like him, even if it's Paulie ( or not to mention Kalifa ). A girl fishman ( mermaid ) as a new crew member is my biggest wish but it's probably not going to happen, at least in in this arc.
Old 2004-09-14, 09:08   Link #15
hi no ken Jebus

i dont know kaku does seem to be wearing one i mean a nose like that cant be natural . lol not a good argument considering ussop. but i guess a lot will be revealed next chapter in terms of the galley la crew and their powers. kaku seems cool but if its a devil fruit power how useful could it be to jump uber high in the sea? i think it was mentioned that he had speed too.

i agree with chamberlain they seem too much like a family for one of them to just up and leave and become a pirate. franky seems like the more obvious choice since he is so out of place and stands out way too much. i mean he's weird enough to be a straw hat now im not saying he's the one but right now he is way in the lead unless someone else comes along. like ussop, chopper, zoro, sanji, and nami. robin doesnt really count since she enlisted herself into the crew.

i think iceberg is related to robin somehow i will stand by that until im proven wrong. i think calipha was the one who capped him along with the masked person who is probably the main bad guy. franky is a push over in terms of evilness like he is no enel or crocodile. so the main bad guy will likely be the masked person or that korgi guy from the government.
Closed Thread