AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-31, 13:16   Link #2281
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Uh, anyway, the chapter. Is there still no glimpse of a certain pink-haired swordswoman? I mean, you'd think they could place Hayate in a neighboring ward or something...
If the characters don't even bother mentioning Signum when they're fighting the people who almost killed her, you probably shouldn't expect that.

But I mean, hey, it's only been two years since we last saw her. Don't be impatient.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 13:20   Link #2282
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
A Certain Pink-Haired Swordswoman?
I'd imagine Signum is in a proper hospital/ICU somewhere ashore. Apparently, Hayate is durable enough and Midchildan SCIENCE advanced enough that being impaled can be managed in an assault ship's sickbay. Maybe Hayate should be tanking instead of Signum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett
I hope it's something else, because that would be drawing attention to the question of why she didn't just take him there in the first place.
The apologist in me says that you can explain it away by saying that:
1) Trying to take Touma means a direct confrontation with the TSAB, and that is not fun.
2) Having Touma on-board exposes the Huckebein to Divider Zero Eclipse all day, every day, and that is not fun.

Certainly, Steed is a lot easier to handle than Touma. But I doubt those were taken into consideration, since Curren appears to have sort of ~*plan*~.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 13:21   Link #2283
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Steed's an excellent hostage for luring Thoma. Not nearly important enough to warrant a government response (he's just a tool after all) but important enough for Thoma to go after him.

Quote:
Uh, anyway, the chapter. Is there still no glimpse of a certain pink-haired swordswoman? I mean, you'd think they could place Hayate in a neighboring ward or something...
I thought the amount of irrelevant scenes in Force was one of your main complaints?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 13:29   Link #2284
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
I'd imagine Signum is in a proper hospital/ICU somewhere ashore. Apparently, Hayate is durable enough and Midchildan SCIENCE advanced enough that being impaled can be managed in an assault ship's sickbay. Maybe Hayate should be tanking instead of Signum.
Pretty plausible, after all they have the time to take Agito and Signum from her own pool of blood with an entire medical squad and that was at night so yeah, is very possible that they taked them to the hospital, scorted by Teana(which would explain her wonderfull abscense during this battle xDU).

Also if Signum ever manage to rise from bed before FORCE ends my guess is that it will be right before the end. Hayate's injuries are enough to left her in the need of directing actions from her hospital bed, and Vita didn't manage to fully recover from just a slash which means the cross-slashed and impaled Signum will probably take a lot more to awake, let alone reach fully recovering.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-05-31 at 13:43.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 13:30   Link #2285
Justin_Brett

Well, if you're gonna hold something important to him hostage and get him kinda mad at you to begin with, that's not a whole lot different from taking him by force, isn't it? Either way he's still not inclined to want to have anything to do with you at first.

And like I've said, it seems like they should know leaving him with the Bureau isn't a good idea.
Old 2011-05-31, 13:33   Link #2286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, if you're gonna hold something important to him hostage and get him kinda mad at you to begin with, that's not a whole lot different from taking him by force, isn't it? Either way he's still not inclined to want to have anything to do with you at first.
Lure him in, then sweet-talk. It's happened often enough in fiction.

Quote:
And like I've said, it seems like they should know leaving him with the Bureau isn't a good idea.
The Hucks seem utterly convinced the Bureau can't help him, why should they think this is a bad idea?
Old 2011-05-31, 13:39   Link #2287
Justin_Brett

Well it's not like he was really himself at that moment, so someone properly charismatic could probably persuade him getting beaten up by them was for his own good. I mean, he was in the mood to thank all of them for pretty vague reasons.

And what if the Bureau somehow managed to get control of the extremely powerful artifact that can hurt them pretty badly, and then persuaded him to help them? Which seems to be what happened roughly five minutes after they left.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:10   Link #2288
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

"After they left" being the key word. They're convinced the Bureau can't help Thoma and that Thoma will inevitably abandon them and come for the Hucks. Nobody said they were right in thinking that, but that's what they believe.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:14   Link #2289
Justin_Brett

But why bother risking it when you don't need to, is my question?

Unless she didn't know he has the book at that moment: just one infected probably wouldn't be much trouble for them.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:22   Link #2290
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We went through the list of reasons before, no reason to go through it again.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:32   Link #2291
Justin_Brett

Anything about them getting hurt is kind of a bad excuse. I'm just saying it's kind of lame to have a new villain do something a little illogical in their debut chapter. Anyway. I doubt they'll go with that hostage route, since Curren is apparently omniscient and knows he'll join them no matter what, so having her stack the odds in that regard would make her kind of a big liar.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:43   Link #2292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
since Curren is apparently omniscient and knows he'll join them no matter what, so having her stack the odds in that regard would make her kind of a big liar.
... I am sincerely hoping you were joking here.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:45   Link #2293
Justin_Brett

Yeah.

But she did state that before knowing he even had a Device, or anything about him at all, really.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:58   Link #2294
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Curren's played up to be quite competent and intelligent, so she should have reason to be confident in herself and her plans. And I do hope she impresses.

I think Nanoha should totally have its own Vriska Serket-esque character. Someone so magnificently horrible, so incredibly brilliant with a dash of sexy yet casually sinister with a frothing glass of huge bitch, someone who you can hate so unbelievably much that you absolutely love her to death.

I mean, I really don't know that Curren can pull that off, and nobody remotely likeable can stay evil for long in this series, but I'd like to see that.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:44   Link #2295
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Oh dear. I think I'm liking Isis more and more. Gunning for second place on my charts? Forget that, she's there! But she's never gonna take Subaru down.
My Liking Meter was maxed out on Isis for a long, long time now.

Quote:
But I mean, hey, it's only been two years since we last saw her. Don't be impatient.
Sure, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
I'd imagine Signum is in a proper hospital/ICU somewhere ashore. Apparently, Hayate is durable enough and Midchildan SCIENCE advanced enough that being impaled can be managed in an assault ship's sickbay.
Yeah, that's what I figured after I posted that. ^^;

Quote:
Maybe Hayate should be tanking instead of Signum.
Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I thought the amount of irrelevant scenes in Force was one of your main complaints?
Moi? Nah, I have never complained about Force. The words "comments shitstorm" still mean something to me.
Old 2011-05-31, 15:56   Link #2296
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Moi? Nah, I have never complained about Force. The words "comments shitstorm" still mean something to me.
Blagh, sorry. I seem to have a broken radar that brands ever post talking about Signum in some negative way as one of Aki's or Justin's posts.

Conditioning, I guess.
Old 2011-05-31, 16:07   Link #2297
Justin_Brett

I've never really done that, or at least not to the degree that you should compare me to Aki, who has a signature celebrating the anniversary of her being 'outdated'.

And I'd disagree with her getting played up as intelligent, since until the end of last chapter she was acting like a five year old aside from the first panel she appeared in. I dunno why they thought that would be a good idea for a main villain.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:04   Link #2298
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I haven't read any of the chapters that haven't been translated. What number is Japan even up to now?

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 17:08   Link #2299
Justin_Brett

Sixteen, this month.

The end of fifteen was when she pulled that rape face as an 'oh, she's actually meant to be scary' moment. Along with Stella puffing up her cheeks like Maya on the cover of Phoenix Wright, which, uh, yeah.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:15   Link #2300
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hayate seems to have taken the most damage after all. Vita is shown to be up and about but Hayate takes most of the chapter in bed and wrapped up in bandages.
Maybe not more damage, but Hayate is significantly more fragile than Vita is.

Quote:
Signum was taken to a hospital. Hayate is in the med ward of her ship.

I like how she looks with her barrier jacket open like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Curren probably wants more information about Touma, so she's probably thinking she can get that information from Steed.
I bet she's more interested in the lab they rescued Lily from.

Tags
manga, nanoha force