AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-12-15, 15:32   Link #61
Lunarskylar

I agree, i feel like the eye is the catalyst to obtaining these jutsus, but after they've been achieved the Eye isn't neccessary.

It's like a video game, you have an armour that you need to be level 17 to wear, but you're not going to say now that you're level 19 you can't wear it anymore

it wouldn't make any sense if madara used a genjutsu with his eyes closed, but he hasn't. Also, genjutsu is most likely the method he's going to use to reclaim the tailed beast, so for the most part kishi is fairly following his established logic

Also to note, if kishi really wanted to have madara keep these abilities, he didn't have to have madara lose his edo tensei eyes. he could easily wrote in that rinne tensei would restore his eyes, even though his original eyes still existed. Rinne Tensei brings back the soul into the body, so he could have ass pulled anything to let Madara keep the Rinnegan. Kishi is the one who imposed this handicap on Madara, Zetsu could have arrived the second he restored himself and gave him the eye, and then the fighting began
Old 2013-12-15, 15:36   Link #62
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
I agree, i feel like the eye is the catalyst to obtaining these jutsus, but after they've been achieved the Eye isn't neccessary.

It's like a video game, you have an armour that you need to be level 17 to wear, but you're not going to say now that you're level 19 you can't wear it anymore

it wouldn't make any sense if madara used a genjutsu with his eyes closed, but he hasn't. Also, genjutsu is most likely the method he's going to use to reclaim the tailed beast, so for the most part kishi is fairly following his established logic

Also to note, if kishi really wanted to have madara keep these abilities, he didn't have to have madara lose his edo tensei eyes. he could easily wrote in that rinne tensei would restore his eyes, even though his original eyes still existed. Rinne Tensei brings back the soul into the body, so he could have ass pulled anything to let Madara keep the Rinnegan. Kishi is the one who imposed this handicap on Madara, Zetsu could have arrived the second he restored himself and gave him the eye, and then the fighting began
^pretty much this.

(and lord have mercy I have not been here in years)
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 18:10   Link #63
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Kishi is the one who imposed this handicap on Madara, Zetsu could have arrived the second he restored himself and gave him the eye, and then the fighting began
exactly. kishi purposely made this blind madara thing happen. he could have easily avoided it. it's not like he wrote himself into a hole and needed madara to use ocular techs without eyes. all he had to do was have zetsu get there sooner

but it's all consistent with his artwork. things like susano'o have never been shown coming out of or going into eyes
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 09:10   Link #64
Homucifer
Banned

I really am in awe in how bad this manga turned into, even my friend dropped it.
I still like it(probably because I'm weird) but it has gone completely down the drain since 599.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 12:24   Link #65
itachi-san314

it's bad news whenever a manga has essentially one big fight last for over a year. hopefully both naruto and bleach have proved this point by now and it will not happen with the mangas who take their place in the future
Old 2013-12-16, 13:14   Link #66
ranchan13

I dunno, how long was Marineford again in One Piece?
But yes, Bleach was insane about this, spending about half the series or more on Aizen, and Naruto's been way too long on this war.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 18:09   Link #67
Monster0

I don't know how much Japanese entertainment the people on animesuki's Naruto forum have experienced,but these drawn out fights,conversations,emotional break downs etc...are typical Japanese style.Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but American entertainment has always catered to the short attention spans.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 21:33   Link #68
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I dunno, how long was Marineford again in One Piece?
But yes, Bleach was insane about this, spending about half the series or more on Aizen, and Naruto's been way too long on this war.
Marineford was 30 chapters long. This ninja war has already surpassed 140 chapters.
Old 2013-12-17, 02:59   Link #69
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
I don't know how much Japanese entertainment the people on animesuki's Naruto forum have experienced,but these drawn out fights,conversations,emotional break downs etc...are typical Japanese style.Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but American entertainment has always catered to the short attention spans.
you couldn't possibly be more off base with this comment. sitting through a neverending 140 chapters+ fight that wasn't even good writing to begin with has nothing to do with my attention span. it's about poor pacing, poor writing and your inability to understand the point of the discussion. can you really defend the pacing or events of this war? at the very least, and i mean very least, there is no debate over characters' using far and away more chakra than they ever should be able to in one fight. right off the bat, that's a huge rule of the narutoverse that is completely disregarded by the author and explained away by characters getting chakra replenishment from the kyuubi, constantly, which also breaks another rule of the narutoverse in which now everybody wears kyuubi cloaks like they're frikkin fleece jackets. and the bs only gets worse from there like obito losing to kakashi, the juubi not requiring the full 8 or 9 tails, the convenience of the gold and silver brothers, everybody important being from konoha, etc etc etc
Old 2013-12-18, 23:13   Link #70
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Marineford was 30 chapters long. This ninja war has already surpassed 140 chapters.
maybe if we cut out 'going back to the past' scenes maybe it would have been at least 60 chapters

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion