AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-16, 18:59   Link #621
GDB

It really feels like they overpowered the enemy this time. And as such, I totally expect some BS resolution next episode. Either an ass-pull power-up for Yaya/Raishin, or some trick to beat the butler that comes out of nowhere.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 04:02   Link #622
Anime Online

There seems to be so many things going on that I'm not sure how the anime is going to resolve itself satisfactorily.

Why are banned dolls, like, banned? Everyone keeps talking like they are banned, but nobody really does anything about it, even when it is clear these banned dolls walking around the academy are a dime a dozen. Why is Shoko so pissed at Raishin? Is it because he is putting himself in danger in trying to rescue Charlotte? But he's doing these death-defying rescues all the time! Why get pissed at him now? Is Magnus really Raishin's brother? What is this god replicating thing? The tournament is still fighting at #87. Is it ever going to finish so the winner may attain the prize of being the the Wise Man? Or has the anime forgotten about it already? Why doesn't Charlotte get the academy security people to go arrest that monocle guy? Sure, he may be stronger than her, but I'm pretty sure the security people will bring him in all the same. In fact, the teacher already seems aware of what's going on. What is this Cathedral of Fools?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 05:03   Link #623
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Is it just me or did one of the singers for the ED change this episode? Or has this happened in each ED? I've watched all of em as I like the song but first time I noticed this and I was wondering what's the deal with that.
Old 2013-12-17, 05:15   Link #624
zzhk
Summary Machine

The ED has three variations, each showcasing a member of the "Snow Moon Flower" lineup of dolls (i.e. Irori, Yaya and Komurasaki).

The only differences are a couple of shots near the end of the song.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 11:15   Link #625
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Why are banned dolls, like, banned?
From what I can gather, you have to kill someone/something to create them. Murder is usually frowned upon.
Old 2013-12-17, 11:43   Link #626
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From what I can gather, you have to kill someone/something to create them. Murder is usually frowned upon.
Don't forget the use of "live" materials to make them. So that could mean illegal organ transplant/smuggling etc.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 14:00   Link #627
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It really feels like they overpowered the enemy this time. And as such, I totally expect some BS resolution next episode. Either an ass-pull power-up for Yaya/Raishin, or some trick to beat the butler that comes out of nowhere.
Indeed, it's ridiculous what for things that guy can do. Like that teleport wherever he wants thing. Considering this, how overpowered must "Magnus" be? Hotaru was able to fight that guy on par, and he has a couple more of them.
Old 2013-12-17, 21:50   Link #628
Charlotte Belew

I'm expecting Magus to be involved in fighting that butler next ep. We know his dolls can handle the butler, and there was already a short appearance of one of his dolls towards the end.

Quote:
There seems to be so many things going on that I'm not sure how the anime is going to resolve itself satisfactorily.

Why are banned dolls, like, banned? Everyone keeps talking like they are banned, but nobody really does anything about it, even when it is clear these banned dolls walking around the academy are a dime a dozen.
For the creation of banned dolls, you need human body parts. To obtain those, obviously someone has to die first so you can take his body parts. That's why they're banned.

Quote:
Why is Shoko so pissed at Raishin? Is it because he is putting himself in danger in trying to rescue Charlotte? But he's doing these death-defying rescues all the time! Why get pissed at him now?
She's probably getting mad because she worries too much about him getting into danger every single time.

Quote:
Is Magnus really Raishin's brother? What is this god replicating thing? The tournament is still fighting at #87. Is it ever going to finish so the winner may attain the prize of being the the Wise Man? Or has the anime forgotten about it already?
With the tournament progressing regularly and not having more than one fight a night, it should take a few months for it to run its full course. Most battles there are not relevant, so they're not shown.

Quote:
Why doesn't Charlotte get the academy security people to go arrest that monocle guy? Sure, he may be stronger than her, but I'm pretty sure the security people will bring him in all the same. In fact, the teacher already seems aware of what's going on. What is this Cathedral of Fools?
They don't have any proof that the monocle Granville guy is up to no good. The Granvilles are obviously a very powerful family, while the Belew (Charl's family) fell out of favour a good while ago. If Charl said something, the Granville guy would come up with some carefully crafted lies, and no one would believe her.
Charlotte Belew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 22:56   Link #629
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

No wonder the butler is op he's Suzaku!
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:02   Link #630
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
OMG, I forgot about that!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 00:51   Link #631
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
But I haven't spotted the Kuru-Kuru-kick, yet.
Old 2013-12-18, 04:21   Link #632
Breimoon

wonder if divine mechanics involves using a living human instead of just human parts.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 22:47   Link #633
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
wonder if divine mechanics involves using a living human instead of just human parts.
he may have "divine works", but he said he is imperfect.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 01:33   Link #634
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Facing "Elf Speeder" III

So many character interactions transpired in this episode that I don't know where to begin. I guess my favorite exchange of words came between Raishin and Charlotte. It goes down that Charl should not bear the brunt of doing things alone when trapped or cornered. Instead, there is no feeling embarrassment when asking for Raishin's help seeing that she started to grow acquainted and accustomed to him. Same goes for Henri not picking up the easy way out rather speaking out her worries and what was troubling her to Raishin.

Only thing that I could not figure out why was Shoko angry at Raishin? Be appreciated if anyone cares to explain that specific scene when he met her at the fountain.

What I could figure out from that meeting is that Shoko did not want Raishin to get deeper involved into the mess that took hostages Charl and Henri.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:41   Link #635
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Only thing that I could not figure out why was Shoko angry at Raishin? Be appreciated if anyone cares to explain that specific scene when he met her at the fountain.

What I could figure out from that meeting is that Shoko did not want Raishin to get deeper involved into the mess that took hostages Charl and Henri.
Well from what I catch from the anime, indeed Shoko mad because Raishin as her slave dog, being concerned with other people trivia matter, I think Shoko and Raishin being there with special mission most likely Shoko got it from military, and not only Raishin involved in but he endanger himself despite Shoko see him as important resource (being him the last survivor of his clan).
Old 2013-12-21, 16:00   Link #636
Frontier

So is it safe to assume that the butler is the titular "Elf Speeder" of this arc? That he's been Raishin's primary opponent and has unbelievable super speed, it would make sense.

I guess the anime team wanted to adapt up to this arc because it's the first instance where the term "Machine-Doll" is used. Does that make the butler the true Unbreakable Machine-Doll rather than Yaya, and a new breed of Automaton? Or am I just completely missing what the term means?

It was nice to see Sigmund try and talk Charlotte out of killing the headmaster by saying how she'd be throwing away Raishin and any chance at happiness through her actions. It was also painful to see those tears on Charlotte's face .

Yaya vs. Sigmund round 2 wasn't half bad a fight, and having it come so near the last episode is a nice book end considering how Yaya and Sigmund's first real fight was the first Automaton battle of the series .

Raishin is still his heroic and charming self, and hopefully we can get plenty of Dere Charlotte in the finale once things have settled down .

Though she and Yaya may have to worry about another possible love rival in Henriette though

It will be very interesting to see how the cast is able to overcome the butler considering how absurdly strong he appears. Even Loki's interference in the beginning barely phased him. I can see either Yaya getting an upgrade somehow or Magnus showing up to lend some aid as what will ultimately defeat him.

It doesn't look like much will really get resolved by the end of this. I'm certainly disappointed to not be getting a Raishin and Magnus showdown like in the opening. I at least hope that the little rich brat behind all this gets some comeuppance for his machinations. I doubt the chances for a sequel are very high, so hopefully the series can end on a positive note .
Old 2013-12-23, 07:00   Link #637
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12 (End):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 16:49   Link #638
ChampDream
Alive

it look like Cedric was a girl and his doll is a fail machine-doll, also everything end fine and Henri became a maid.
It was funny when they start talking about Raishin being a pervert XD.
Old 2013-12-23, 17:45   Link #639
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Well, this surprised me. Had been curious seeing all the screens from a certain group, and somehow have fired through the entire series in one day.

Been a good little series - slightly unusual concept, strong character list (Sigmund, Charlotte, Yaya, Loki and Raishan being particular favourites. Just a shame Yuki Kaji was only given a few episodes as the smarmy arsehole that is Felix - one of his best showings as a seiyuu imo, seeing as how it didn't involve tons of yelling like most of his other roles (bar Clemont in Pokémon xD))

Bit disappointed that it's over already - would quite like a second series to this, as the ending really does cry out for one (if something as brazen as Maken-Ki can get one, this surely should).
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 17:58   Link #640
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
With the current plot threads going on, the anime could very well receive a second season and I think it did sell well.
First volume doesn't come out until later this week, so we only have speculated numbers to go off of. Last numbers I saw said about 3k, which is in that borderline area where other factors likely need to play a role in convincing them to do another season.

Also, am I the only one bothered by Yaya becoming a Super Saiyan Unicorn?

Tags
action, cgi, comedy, harem