AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 01:30   Link #1
im_newbie
Inactive Member

X TV Series

I have recently finished seeing this fansub series. Its very gloomy in my opinion. The ending also kinda confuses me. The series is slow paced and there wasnt that much action. Its a serious type of anime. Although the graphics for this anime are top notch. For those who have seen it what do you think of it?
im_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:43   Link #2
DieGottheit

Send a message via AIM to DieGottheit Send a message via MSN to DieGottheit
I loved it, it was much better than the movie.
it went in depth as to why things happened.

and you saw a fansub of it? i bought all my at the store. very nice series.
DieGottheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:47   Link #3
festosis

Thumbs down

I think this a licensed series and this thread will be locked. Read the rules regarding this.
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:45   Link #4
Fronzel
Schmuck

Geneon just recently finished releasing X. It's thus been licensed for a long time now.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 03:03   Link #5
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

why would it be locked? he's just discussing it, not asking for torrents or anything. The only thing is it should probably be in the licensed forum.

Anyways remeber how the heaven Kamui could not create that 3D thing? Remeber also how if the earth kamui would destroy the earth if he won?

Well when the Heaven kamui was killed he created one of those 3d things big enough to cover all of tokyo (or was it the world). The world was then destroyed in his alternate 3D dimension and the real Tokyo was saved. I'm not sure how he saved the earth kamui though.

Some of the stuff in the anime was annoying, like that priest guy whose sister got killed, and all the chicks are so passive and understanding, even after they were killed. The ending was good, but most of it was very boring
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 04:27   Link #6
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGottheit
I loved it, it was much better than the movie.
it went in depth as to why things happened.
I agree. It was a great series and kicks the movie's butt. My favorite Sorata, (sp?) the guy with the cap who is fated to die for the girl he loves (not a spoiler here, it's revealed early on). He was just the bomb.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 19:01   Link #7
im_newbie
Inactive Member

Oh, i am new to using forums so i didnt know where to put it. Thanks for telling me.
im_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 23:27   Link #8
Jin
Staked!

Send a message via AIM to Jin
No in the end he changed his role to that of the Earth's dragon therefore the other Kamui became the Heaven dragon. He changed his allegiance because he knew that the other Kamui was more capable of defeating him. So the Earth was saved and everyone is happy.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 18:20   Link #9
Lambda

Definitely very good. I can only really identify two significant complaints; the melodramatic brand of heroism it supported is not well supported or well judged, and has a tendency to undermine the message or even the credibility, and there are accessibility problems for the newcomer in that knowledge from the manga or the prequel is often rather assumed, context for some of the events has to be found outside the series and its large cast is rather daunting. But with near flawless animation, great skill in bringing out character and feeling, a certain degree of moral complexity and certainly plenty of character complexity, and plenty of style and flair it certainly qualifies as a superior series.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 19:33   Link #10
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

So far I love the series (I´m in ep 7 from a spanish fansuber) It´s been a while since I saw/read something about X. I used to read it when it appeared on animericamagazine ad was impressed by the art so I forgot most of the confusing parts ^^u I remember the movie but perhaps just because it was so tragic xD Looking forward to the end of the tv series to see for myself if it´s better .
Kay Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 19:41   Link #11
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
Definitely very good. I can only really identify two significant complaints; the melodramatic brand of heroism it supported is not well supported or well judged, and has a tendency to undermine the message or even the credibility, and there are accessibility problems for the newcomer in that knowledge from the manga or the prequel is often rather assumed, context for some of the events has to be found outside the series and its large cast is rather daunting. But with near flawless animation, great skill in bringing out character and feeling, a certain degree of moral complexity and certainly plenty of character complexity, and plenty of style and flair it certainly qualifies as a superior series.

anyhow, i'm just gonna say CLAMP and GAINAX productions are like my faves, they can never go wrong, and hell YEAH! X TV kicked ass big time. even though i'm still on the beginning eps due to lack of sufficient funds... heh

let's all bow to the kami-samas at CLAMP for now...and worship them for the rest of our lives.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 07:31   Link #12
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

watched maybe 10eps so far. not bad i guess.

movie from my understanding of the story does it no justice. but then how are you going to cram all that into 2hrs.

i did like the X² promo for those who actually saw it. had basically all the action from the movie placed to the tune of "X" from X-Japan. i still like that song.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 12:55   Link #13
NenMaster

series annoyed me abit, i rate it 5 out of 10,
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 18:16   Link #14
Empty Spiral

Hey

Hey, guys... I'm new to the forums.... But, I'm a big fan of X-TV and I needed some clarification. Somewhere in the series, Where Subaru and Seishiirou (I think that was his name) were fighting. The part where Seishiirou had been punctured through the chest, he went on about how it was some technique of Subaru's sister. I didn't get that at all... Some one who did, could you explain that to me? Also, was Subaru in love with him? Because.... that's how I kinda saw it as it all progressed.
Empty Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 02:31   Link #15
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Spiral
Hey, guys... I'm new to the forums.... But, I'm a big fan of X-TV and I needed some clarification. Somewhere in the series, Where Subaru and Seishiirou (I think that was his name) were fighting. The part where Seishiirou had been punctured through the chest, he went on about how it was some technique of Subaru's sister. I didn't get that at all... Some one who did, could you explain that to me? Also, was Subaru in love with him? Because.... that's how I kinda saw it as it all progressed.
IMO yes... Subaru did love seishiirou... although i'm not sure if this was in the intimate or friendly context.... either way is fine to portray how much he dreaded the thought of having to end his life even though he took his sister's.... about the puncture thing.. not too sure either... sorry can't help u with that
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 23:13   Link #16
Enodu_2

X (tv series)

I just finished the series and have to say it's pretty good. Anybody else enjoy this series? Very sad anime in my opinion.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 05:25   Link #17
donna8157

Yeah, I recently watched this series with my friend. I thought that it was pretty good, though some parts seemed kind of slow and boring. Also .. the guy on guy action at times was .. a bit disconcerting to say the least. (Kamui/other Kamui) ... =/

The ending was pretty satisfying.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 00:41   Link #18
Koboshi38

i loved it! i have seen it all cept the last dvd. Its a good series Watch tokyo babylon too Its a short OVA about Subaru and such. I think the manga for that is also out.
I always enjoy Clamps Unique Style of story telling and art. X isnt my favorite Clamp thing But its High up there! Also i Like it because its more about drama then violence.
Koboshi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 02:45   Link #19
BeNighted
To Bid You Farewell

X TV was my favourite anime until Gungrave came along, but I've loved the manga for many years... and I wish CLAMP would stop producing **** and just finish the ****ing thing!

But yes, an anime that everyone would watch. When you take the fangirl element out, it's an amazing story line with timeless characters
BeNighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 10:28   Link #20
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Personally I quite liked the series... a big cast of characters, every character is quite differenciated from the rest and has his own personalities... heck there is at least an episode dedicated to each character, and I quite like that And while the action part is not an integral part of the series, it is quite well done... heck some of the best fights I've seen in anime are from this series

For those who wish to delve a little more into Subaru's Seichirou's relatinship, read the Tokyo Babylon manga/OVA as someone already mentioned.... its a prequel to X.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, drama