AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 10:48   Link #261
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_blah View Post
It seems that sharpening it didn't help solving the problem. If you would take a closer look to the two girls, at their sweat drops more precisely, you can see that the image is quite fuzzy in that area, and in other places it is too sharp, also, the colours seem to be wrong, any suggestions?
I suppose you could kill the halos with blinddehalo3/awarpsharpdering/similar, then resharpen it evenly with your favorite sharpener.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 18:47   Link #262
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab View Post
I suppose you could kill the halos with blinddehalo3/awarpsharpdering/similar, then resharpen it evenly with your favorite sharpener.
Seems that it doesn't help, and add a strange effect to the video
Spoiler for :

My script:

LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\msharpen.dll")
DirectShowSource("ep84.avi")
Stab()
blinddehalo3()
MSharpen()
andy_blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:15   Link #263
martino
makes no files now

Well, default settings on BDH3 will not look very nice. In fact, no halo removal script will give you a sharp result on default settings... or at least it's to be expected. Try PPmode=-3, weak but sharp. Also anything that uses aWarpSharp may be of help, so what Scab mentioned, aWarpSharpDering. Searching for "halo" or "ringing" on Doom9 should give many interesting results.

Also FYI, MSharpen tends to increase haloing and ringing much more than most other sharpeners. You may be better off by using something else.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:32   Link #264
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to SHiN-gx
Please pardon my English and I'm not yet familiar with the jargon you guys are using.

I'm experiencing these "horizontal lines" artifact during fade in and fade out of scenes. How do I solve this problem?

Spoiler for encode:

Spoiler for encode:

Spoiler for encode:

And this is my avs script recipe:

Code:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("H:\My;You vol 1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)
tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1)
crop( 4, 0, -4, 0)

LanczosResize(720,480) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise
By the way, I used megui and followed what "ANALYZE" suggested. Am I missing something?

On an unrelated note, how do I encode a hybrid DVD source (.VOB) into a 23fps VFR MKV? <-- for the mean time, I'll check this thread in case this question has been answered.

Thank you.
SHiN-gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 08:59   Link #265
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Well, default settings on BDH3 will not look very nice. In fact, no halo removal script will give you a sharp result on default settings... or at least it's to be expected. Try PPmode=-3, weak but sharp. Also anything that uses aWarpSharp may be of help, so what Scab mentioned, aWarpSharpDering. Searching for "halo" or "ringing" on Doom9 should give many interesting results.

Also FYI, MSharpen tends to increase haloing and ringing much more than most other sharpeners. You may be better off by using something else.
Tried what you suggested, and fiddled with some filters in AviSynth (and my plugin folder gets quite big...) I got this:
Spoiler for :

The quality got better, tho it is still a little bit blurry. I still have the following problems:

1.) Small details (mostly those that have low contrast towards their surrounding objects, like those sweat drops on the two ladies) are very blurry.
2.) Can't seem to remove those ghosts seen in my post here , maybe somebody else can guide me, what settings to use (I suck at fiddling with filter options...)
3.) The image is a little bit blurry
4.) The colours seem to be wrong, in some place I have a too high saturation

Here is my current script:

LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\undot.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\bifrost.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\Plugins\aWarpSharp.dll")
DirectShowSource("ep87.avi")
dupped()
Stab()
BiFrost()
undot()
DeHalo_Alpha(darkstr=.4)
aWarpSharp()
andy_blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 10:02   Link #266
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiN-gx View Post
I'm experiencing these "horizontal lines" artifact during fade in and fade out of scenes. How do I solve this problem?
What you need is smartfade(). Apply it after deinterlacing and before decimating... I think.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, how do I encode a hybrid DVD source (.VOB) into a 23fps VFR MKV? <-- for the mean time, I'll check this thread in case this question has been answered.
You might want to take a look at YATTA, although if you feel this is too advanced for you TIVTC does have a hybrid switch IIRC (however the results produced are usually not very good). You'll have to read through the manuals, I don't remember using it myself so I won't be able to tell you out of memory.

Also IIRC M;Y isn't VFR... although it's been a while since I played around with that source... as well as being a bitch to IVTC.

@andy, I believe you're using filters which your source doesn't need, as well as overfiltering. I might be able to have a play with it later, but now I should get back to bed to tackle my fever.
Old 2009-02-13, 20:06   Link #267
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
1.) Small details (mostly those that have low contrast towards their surrounding objects, like those sweat drops on the two ladies) are very blurry.
That could be aWarpSharp's and/or DeHalo_Alpha's fault. I never used the latter too much, but given the former's warping many small details will be removed. Look further below.
Quote:
2.) Can't seem to remove those ghosts seen in my post here , maybe somebody else can guide me, what settings to use (I suck at fiddling with filter options...)
You have the source, so you will be able to get the best results, unless you upload a sample so that others can have a play with it. But as I mentioned before, you don't have the original, and without it problems like yours often can't be corrected.
Quote:
3.) The image is a little bit blurry
Sharpen then.
Quote:
4.) The colours seem to be wrong, in some place I have a too high saturation
Tweak() and Levels() are your friends, as well as Trim() if they are inconsistent.

Code:
#source
Stab()
BlindDeHalo3(PPMode=-3)
EdgeCleaner(fix=false) #or aWarpSharpDering
#crop here and do the rest
Disclaimer: I dunno what it might look like since I did it blind, but it's a general formula that I often start off with, have a play and see what you get.

1) Bifrost is for rainbow removal. If your source doesn't have rainbows, don't use it.
2) Dupped is pretty much useless. It just makes a mess. You'd be better of using Dup, or neither at all.
Old 2009-02-13, 21:40   Link #268
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
What you need is smartfade(). Apply it after deinterlacing and before decimating... I think.
Wow! It worked like a charm! The only problem though is that the fade in scene looks messy and I see some "rainbowing".

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Maybe the settings was too strong?

Quote:
You might want to take a look at YATTA, although if you feel this is too advanced for you TIVTC does have a hybrid switch IIRC (however the results produced are usually not very good). You'll have to read through the manuals, I don't remember using it myself so I won't be able to tell you out of memory.
Ugh... In my current level, I think I'm not ready yet for YATTA so I'll take my chance on TIVTC. I could save myself the trouble by separately encoding the OP and ED but I don't like that kind of approach. =.=
Old 2009-02-16, 01:55   Link #269
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Quote:
Tweak() and Levels() are your friends, as well as Trim() if they are inconsistent.
ApplyRange()

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 07:53   Link #270
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Wow! It worked like a charm! The only problem though is that the fade in scene looks messy and I see some "rainbowing".
Source screenshot please.
Old 2009-02-16, 10:13   Link #271
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Source screenshot please.
Here are the source screenshots of the same scenes:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The second screenshot is less grainy than the screenshot with the smartfade()

Btw, this is where I placed smartfade()
Code:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("VTS_04_1v2.d2v", info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)
tfm(order=1).SmartFade(dgm=true).tdecimate(mode=1)
crop( 0, 0, -4, 0)

LanczosResize(720,480) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise
Old 2009-02-16, 10:52   Link #272
martino
makes no files now

You could perhaps try the other scripts posted in that thread, firstly the one with Vinverse and without nnedi (as AA). It's most likely one of those two causing the problems. If it's Vinverse's fault then you might have to end up using the original 0.1 version, which uses some rather brute methods to remove the combing (or the other script posted by Dragon -- it probably works better).
Old 2009-02-16, 13:43   Link #273
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Okay, trying to get into using AVS to do our encode and get away from the evil of using h264 to encode into .avi.

Got to the point where I need to encode - Used h264 and encoded into an mkv with 2200bit rate set for LOGH episode 13 to test my methods.
Good part - Picture quality was great
Bad parts - File size was twice the size of my normal methods 658 megs and the pan downs and sideways movement of the picture was jerky.
Programs used - Virtuadubmod 1.5.10.2 with h264.
Of course I may be doing something completely wrong.

I compared an encode I did prior using my old method and the picture movement was smooth and the quality was about the same.

Any settings I should be using in h264 for the encode? I've fallen behind on my DVD encodes because of this quandry.
Old 2009-02-16, 15:00   Link #274
Mango-chan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Okay, trying to get into using AVS to do our encode and get away from the evil of using h264 to encode into .avi.

Got to the point where I need to encode - Used h264 and encoded into an mkv with 2200bit rate set for LOGH episode 13 to test my methods.
Good part - Picture quality was great
Bad parts - File size was twice the size of my normal methods 658 megs and the pan downs and sideways movement of the picture was jerky.
Programs used - Virtuadubmod 1.5.10.2 with h264.
Of course I may be doing something completely wrong.

I compared an encode I did prior using my old method and the picture movement was smooth and the quality was about the same.

Any settings I should be using in h264 for the encode? I've fallen behind on my DVD encodes because of this quandry.
>>virtualdubmod
Mango-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 15:41   Link #275
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
>>virtualdubmod
And, this means....what? Don't be cryptic or sarcastic please.
Old 2009-02-16, 15:48   Link #276
letsza

hi i use megui to encode my Fansub
but my problem is that i must always encode my files from afx[lossless layer] to YV12
and the picture always get dark
Script:
Quote:
DirectShowSource("D:\displaypic_yoichi06.avi",fps= 23.976, convertFPS=true)
ConvertToYV12()
Raw Avi from AFX:
Spoiler:

Encode with megui x264 1300bitrate:
Spoiler:

and a second question what filters should i use for this raw [commands in avs would be good]
Spoiler:

^^
letsza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 15:54   Link #277
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Quote:

Quote:
You could expect that at that bitrate, you should probably use AnimeIVTC() if your source is a DVD in Avisynth

Quote:
Any settings I should be using in h264 for the encode? I've fallen behind on my DVD encodes because of this quandry
Dup() or Dupped() in Avisynth and one of the h.264's profiles in MeGui should work out nicely with a bitrate of 500-700
Old 2009-02-16, 17:32   Link #278
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
And, this means....what? Don't be cryptic or sarcastic please.
VirtualDubMod hasn't been updated for ages now, and in addition it is based on an OLD version of VirtualDub, which is currently STILL under development. There's really no reason why use Mod over plain VDub.
Old 2009-02-16, 20:39   Link #279
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
VirtualDubMod hasn't been updated for ages now, and in addition it is based on an OLD version of VirtualDub, which is currently STILL under development. There's really no reason why use Mod over plain VDub.
The person I was getting help from hasn't been in contact with me (possible computer problems) regarding the encoding step, so I was using the old methods combined with the newer ones. The version of vdubmod was what he was using for a particular step. He probably wasn't using it for the encode.(I think)

As for using an older vdubmod - AVS wasn't working well with the newer version of vdub very well, plus you could only save the file as an avi. Therefore, using h264 for the encode in vdub made you use avi as the container.

Last edited by Heibi; 2009-02-16 at 20:42. Reason: add
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 21:35   Link #280
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
When you save "mkv" with VDM, it's saving h264-vfw streams, which is functionally identical in all its failings to h264-in-avi. Please, save some kittens and help deprecate x264-vfw once and for all.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote