AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-22, 19:56   Link #1361
Siggrodoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
New pictures of the upcoming figure collection

Newtype (Jan issue) - Haruhi
Shonen Ace (Feb issue) - Mikuru
The Sneaker (Feb issue) - Yuki
How do people get the figures? By renewing their subscriptions?

And I don't see how a Haruhi and Philosophy book would really work. The novels themselves go pretty in-depth with whatever philosophical issues arise.
Old 2009-10-23, 01:08   Link #1362
freakonboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggrodoth View Post
These figures will be bundled with the mentioned magazines.

Old 2009-10-23, 20:11   Link #1363
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggrodoth View Post

And I don't see how a Haruhi and Philosophy book would really work. The novels themselves go pretty in-depth with whatever philosophical issues arise.
A better one would be the Literary Club journal written by the SOS Brigade. Along with the other extras inserted there (Taniguchi's bad essay, Kunikuda's study tips, etc.)
Old 2009-10-25, 10:39   Link #1364
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Old 2008 nendo swimsuit figures.

Old 2009-10-25, 10:50   Link #1365
HigurashinoUmineko

Man those look cute! But you dont see them around anymore...
Old 2009-10-26, 11:00   Link #1366
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
While searching to see if there was any information about the Volume 5.285714 DVD release for this Friday, I found one website that had the cover for volume 5.428571 (or Endless Eight V and VI).

Seems to be a leaf motif this time with the DVD covers. The picture of Nagato has moved to the "normal" front side instead of the side views on the first two Endless Eight DVDs. I'm somewhat disappointed that they didn't include a "saddened" or "bored" appearance for her as well.
Old 2009-10-26, 12:29   Link #1367
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I see she had taken part in the goldfish catching at one point.

Wait... is that... Can someone get a better shot of that cover?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-26, 12:58   Link #1368
freakonboard

^
click here

You can use the zoom function to get a closer look.
Old 2009-10-26, 16:01   Link #1369
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I see she had taken part in the goldfish catching at one point.
"There were 437 instances where the trip occured without goldfish scooping. And one instance where I finally managed to get a fish of my own."
Old 2009-10-26, 16:24   Link #1370
TakariCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Wait... is that... Can someone get a better shot of that cover?
Yes, it certainly seems like Yuki is SMILING in that picture. Which is completely and totally out of character for her, especially during Endless Eight. Obviously the cover artist didn't confer with the content.
Old 2009-10-26, 18:53   Link #1371
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
So it seems that Nagato getting goldfish(three from the looks of it) is what it takes to get a smile out of her... funny, you'd think it'd be a book that would do it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-26, 20:46   Link #1372
TakariCritic

Well, my guess is that Kyon gave her the goldfish. That's probably the cause of her smile.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:17   Link #1373
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Yes, it certainly seems like Yuki is SMILING in that picture. Which is completely and totally out of character for her, especially during Endless Eight. Obviously the cover artist didn't confer with the content.
I completly agree. That cover is almost like another character.

Also as much I love Yuki, by why focusing so much on her for the DVDs? I mean, she is the most important character in the arc, but it becoming ridiculous. At that rate I foresee a lot of wicth!Yuki during the Sighs DVD colvers (even tough she is the last important character for that arc).

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Well, my guess is that Kyon gave her the goldfish. That's probably the cause of her smile.
Which would also don't fit with the arc, as Kyon never goes catch gold fishes. I guess he could have do that in one of the hidden loops.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:19   Link #1374
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I completly agree. That cover is almost like another character.

Also as much I love Yuki, by why focusing so much on her for the DVDs? I mean, she is the most important character in the arc, but it becoming ridiculous. At that rate I foresee a lot of wicth!Yuki during the Sighs DVD (even tough she is the last important character for that arc).
This is just the beginning. I fear the marketing blitz the closer we get to the movie's release date.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:25   Link #1375
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
This is just the beginning. I fear the marketing blitz the closer we get to the movie's release date.
True. I find hard to complain tough. Specially because, near to the movie, it will be a lot of promotional images with her together with Asakura, which made a great combo for me.

I just think that, for the DVD covels, another characters would be better. She could, at last, share the space with Haruhi and Mikuru (and Kyon and Itsuki, why not?), insted of being alone.
Old 2009-10-27, 20:46   Link #1376
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
The artwork looks like Noizi's. Did he do the covers for the DVDS?
Old 2009-10-27, 20:53   Link #1377
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

She. And yes, Noizi Ito did the art for the DVDs.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:53   Link #1378
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
True. I find hard to complain tough. Specially because, near to the movie, it will be a lot of promotional images with her together with Asakura, which made a great combo for me.

I just think that, for the DVD covels, another characters would be better. She could, at last, share the space with Haruhi and Mikuru (and Kyon and Itsuki, why not?), insted of being alone.
I won't mind Asakura as much, just because we haven't been bludgeoned over the head with her image endlessly (pun unintended but staying).

And precisely because we're going to be drowned in a deluge of Nagato Nagato Nagato once the movie advertising really gets underway, I wish they would have gone with someone else -- anyone else, pairs, entire group, anyone -- for these DVD releases. By the time we get to spring 2010, I imagine that I, at least, will be very, very sick of seeing Nagato's face plastered all over everything "Haruhi Suzumiya" related. It's just too much for me. I truly hope the Sighs DVDs will showcase someone different.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:57   Link #1379
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Honestly, Disappearance should really be showcasing Kyon, not Nagato.... I'd love to see a promotional image of Kyon on his knees in the snow, looking up mournfully at the grey winter sky...

But male characters rarely sell merchandise, so...
Old 2009-10-28, 05:37   Link #1380
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I won't mind Asakura as much, just because we haven't been bludgeoned over the head with her image endlessly (pun unintended but staying).

And precisely because we're going to be drowned in a deluge of Nagato Nagato Nagato once the movie advertising really gets underway, I wish they would have gone with someone else -- anyone else, pairs, entire group, anyone -- for these DVD releases. By the time we get to spring 2010, I imagine that I, at least, will be very, very sick of seeing Nagato's face plastered all over everything "Haruhi Suzumiya" related. It's just too much for me. I truly hope the Sighs DVDs will showcase someone different.
I believe that Nagato's only going to be on the covers of Endless Eight since she's the most affected character of this arc (besides the fans). Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody had young Haruhi on the cover, so they're not going with Nagato for every cover. I think Sighs will have Waitress!Mikuru, Haruhi with her director armband, and either Witch!Nagato or Tsuruya for the last cover. Who knows, they may psyche us out and have a Kyon and/or Kozumi cover for a Sigh DVD.
Closed Thread