AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 11:25   Link #281
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
[IMG]http://www.nisemonogatari-anime.com/img/top0103IMG]

Four days...
goddamn....
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 13:14   Link #282
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 14:25   Link #283
Shikijin

"T2 Middle"? At first I was puzzled, but then I realized it's another way to write Tsuganoki second middle school, "tsuganoki daini chuugakkou", which most of the times is conveniently shorted as "tsuganokinichuu", therefore T2 Middle. Ingenious
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 17:41   Link #284
redgrnbluylw

Hmmm.... "Adolescence is a fight to become the real thing." Being a teen myself, I'm curious as to what this means. :P
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:46   Link #285
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
goddamn....
If ever I get to the "Planet of Suruga" arc of the show, I'll have to stockpile on tissues, because she'll cause serious amounts of nosebleed. Can't wait.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:38   Link #286
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
goddamn....
Indeed, well said.
Old 2012-01-03, 11:07   Link #287
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Three days...
Old 2012-01-03, 14:56   Link #288
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hot damn, it finally happened!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nogatari-anime
Old 2012-01-03, 16:00   Link #289
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

From http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ter-simulcasts
Quote:
Licensed from Aniplex of America, Nisemonogatari follows Koyomi Aragi, the third year high school student who survived a vampire attack in Bakemonogatari, only to find herself mixed up with a host of apparitions, from gods, ghouls 'n ghosts, to myths and spirits. This sequel picks up where Bakemonogatari left off, with the psychological twists spiraling ever deeper.
Aragi? Herself?

This is going to crash and burn.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:04   Link #290
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Aragi?
Did they hire Hachikuji to type that?
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:05   Link #291
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Aragi? Herself?

This is going to crash and burn.
The actual press release does not have these errors, nor does the official website. I don't think it means anything.
Old 2012-01-03, 16:46   Link #292
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The actual press release does not have these errors, nor does the official website. I don't think it means anything.
Not for CR, but it's another milestone of ANN's quality struggling to reach SC standards.

Anyway, CR translations are not that bad anymore, but nonetheless overlocalized
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:57   Link #293
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Now, what about licensing Bake? lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:07   Link #294
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Now, what about licensing Bake? lol
Who would be crazy enough to do that? I mean I love the show as much as anyone on these thread but you do have to realize that it's a product virtually impossible to market outside of Japan without some excessive localization that would completely ruin the show.

That is also the reason why I'm not particularly thrilled to see the Crunchyroll subs for Nise. They tend to localize their translations quite a bit and that's perfectly understandable from a commercial point of view (broadens the scope of potential customers) but it still irks me as a fan of the shows.
Old 2012-01-03, 19:13   Link #295
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Licensed from Aniplex of America, Nisemonogatari follows Koyomi Aragi, the third year high school student who survived a vampire attack in Bakemonogatari, only to find herself mixed up with a host of apparitions, from gods, ghouls 'n ghosts, to myths and spirits. This sequel picks up where Bakemonogatari left off, with the psychological twists spiraling ever deeper.
Mayoi: 失礼、かみました。
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:30   Link #296
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Who would be crazy enough to do that? I mean I love the show as much as anyone on these thread but you do have to realize that it's a product virtually impossible to market outside of Japan without some excessive localization that would completely ruin the show.

That is also the reason why I'm not particularly thrilled to see the Crunchyroll subs for Nise. They tend to localize their translations quite a bit and that's perfectly understandable from a commercial point of view (broadens the scope of potential customers) but it still irks me as a fan of the shows.
I think you're severely over-playing both a) the "uniquely Japanese appeal" of the show (the franchise is quite popular here on this English anime forum, no less -- who do you think the target audience is if not anime fans?), and b) the extent of the "localization" you think either Crunchyroll or a home media licensor would have to do to make it palatable (and the perception that whatever translation you did see was somehow not being "localized", or was more "pure").

Aniplex has said in the past that licensing negotiations for Bakemonogatari were on-going, and the fact that Nisemonogatari is streaming is likely a good sign. I don't think there's any particular reason why it wouldn't be released in some form (whether it's the form people want notwithstanding).
Old 2012-01-03, 20:16   Link #297
Candyshark

So on day 2 Hanekawa and day 1 Koyomi/Firesisters? Seriously can't wait to see for shorthaired Tsubasa!!!
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 21:45   Link #298
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Helluva way to start my day.
Old 2012-01-03, 22:10   Link #299
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
The only way I can express my feelings right now.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Some of you guys might just think this is a subbing problem but the truth is the implications are a lot more than that. You see, this series is kinky, really kinky and isn't really something Westerners will find socially acceptable. I mean I'm not talking about Queen's Blade bad but it's pretty out there nevertheless. What I'm trying to get at here is that since the show is being licensed, what does that say about the content? Is "certain" scenes going to be censored or outright not animated? Only time will tell but I have a really bad feeling about this.

Last edited by omimon; 2012-01-03 at 23:00.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:01   Link #300
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The only way I can express my feelings right now.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Some of you guys might just think this is a subbing problem but the truth is the implications are a lot more than that. You see, this series is kinky, really kinky and isn't really something Westerners will find socially acceptable. I mean I'm not talking about Queen's Blade bad but it's pretty out there nevertheless. What I'm trying to get at here is that since the show is being licensed, what does that say about the content? Is "certain" scenes going to be censored or outright not animated? Only time will tell but I have a really bad feeling about this.
If they stated they would censor any of the Monogatari series, go complain to the licensing company till they change their minds. It worked with FUNi when people complained about them wanting to censor Vampire Bund (which also had some stuff in it that might not have flown well with Westerners), so I don't see why this can't happen with others as well. Or just don't buy/watch it if they persist.

As for me, the only question on my mind is: when will this friggin' region block practice die?