AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 19:36   Link #1441
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As for the ending, perfect end IMO. Not entirely happy, not entirely depressing either. I for one am glad though that they didn't show much change with Misaki and Tatsuhiro, because as they were in the final episode I don't think their relationship will last very long if they did get together. If anything, it's Yamazaki I'm worried about; it's hard to say if he hit his omiai off because she looked like Nanako (meaning he still can't forget her), or that those kind of girls with that look is just his type.

My series score: A

As a side note, I for one didn't really care much for Da Capo. The second half with all those side stories just ruined it for me, because they weren't very interesting to begin with. It's one of the few anime in which I believe it would've been better if they kept it short and sweet in one season; I felt it was just stretched too thin in the end.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 03:37   Link #1442
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
to tell you the truth, i kinda got joked up when miharu the robot died... BUT ENOUGH DIGRESSING!

i pre-ordered my NHK v.2 from amazon a few days ago, and my pants are falling off from the excitement....
Phlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 15:19   Link #1443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So, i started to rewatch NHK ni Youkoso! (upto episode 11 now - Welcome to the Conspiracy!). There's probably no way i can beat the type on enjoyment i was feeling when it was airing, though rewatching it, i'm pretty much receiving the same time of viewing. Also, keeping in mind that this is a different telling of the story compared to the manga leads for a more enjoying experience.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure everyone around here knows i'm the NHK guy, and i must say this show works just as good when watching episode after episode. Still, you really can't beat the feeling of the next episode just about to air that following night. :3
Old 2007-02-04, 15:56   Link #1444
Theowne
耳をすませば

I actually prefer watching episode by episode rather then weekly. Just because you can get more "into" or immersed into one story, setting, set of characters, etc, rather then jumping back and forth between different shows weekly. But, I don't have nearly enough patience to wait for a 12 or 26 episode series that interests me to finish.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 00:39   Link #1445
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

So i got my Seciond issue a couple days ago, Via amazon, and honestly was mildly dissapointed in it. I dont feel like going into it atm because i have one episode of Da Capo SS to go before im done with it, and semi anxious to see wtf happens.

BUT the scene that bothered me the most was the date after Misaki Met his mother. They're walking along and realize its a date spot same as the anime, what bugged me how Misaki Just changed her mind before the kiss and ran home to her dog, maybe this will play more for her character later on, but so far, and as of watching the anime first, was stale and kind of pointless..

Comments?
Old 2007-02-12, 11:44   Link #1446
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I did find that scene frustrating but it didn't detract from the anime as a whole,
much of the story focuses on things like regret and looking back to "if I could
live that moment again I'd have..."

It really does seem to be a cautionary tale more than anything else -
don't become a prisoner in your own living space - get out and do
things and spend time with people and don't be afraid to fail
because at least you tried rather than becoming a hermit.

I'd love it if there was a sequel to this story 10 years down the
line to see what happened to everybody. I realize the manga is
a completely different animal than the anime but the storyline as
portrayed in the animated version seemed a bit more humane and
not quite so cruel (and I'm still not sure I'd want to read such
unrelieved misery in the manga version from what I've heard it's
a little much).
Old 2007-02-12, 19:50   Link #1447
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
(and I'm still not sure I'd want to read such
unrelieved misery in the manga version from what I've heard it's
a little much).
It is a lil' to much, that is why you should read it. NHK is a manga like no other, it sits on its one at being a remarkable story that everyone has to read. So yes, you shall carry on with it. :3
Old 2007-02-15, 02:14   Link #1448
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

i think a lot of my problem is wathcing the anime before reading the manga, this will be one of the first series i've really absorbed myself into that i did backwards. Love Hina i read 3-4 times before i watched the show, the show was great and the manga stayed pretty much the same, but my expectation were different. anyone read the entire manga b4 watching the series relate to this? or is it just how truly unique this Story is?
Old 2007-02-17, 17:45   Link #1449
typhonsentra

So how's the book translation going?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:32   Link #1450
iceyfw

finished the anime about 3 weeks ago and it was... hrm.. good? then i end up reading vol2 by del rey and the last 2 chapters totally went in a different way than the anime.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:35   Link #1451
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
then i end up reading vol2 by del rey and the last 2 chapters totally went in a different way than the anime.
That is true - and there's also a good reason. The anime's does a good job at delivering a good amount of drama to us viewers, reason as to why its completely different - and adding more to the offline meeting.
Old 2007-03-03, 00:19   Link #1452
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I recently watched the whole show over a couple of weeks and although I enjoyed it, it didn't really do as much for me as I'd hoped, based on mentions from people on AS.

My problem was probably Satou. His achingly slow and unsteady progress/regress was difficult to take. And I ended up adoring Misaki so much that his inability to see her wonderfulness frustrated me to no end.

There were certainly some good psychological aspects, and instructive things for those of us who watch too much anime. But the story seemed to develop awfully slowly to me. Maybe that was realistic, but I didn't find it either enjoyable or dramatically meaningful.

The thing I will most remember is Misaki. I thought she was a brilliantly conceived and executed character, and Makino Yui was outstanding.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-03 at 00:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 00:42   Link #1453
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My problem was probably Satou. His achingly slow and unsteady progress/regress was difficult to take. And I ended up adoring Misaki so much that his inability to see her wonderfulness frustrated me to no end.
I absolutely agree, although I thought it was a great series.

Spoiler for Misaki:
:Kicks Satou in the ass (again):
Old 2007-03-04, 17:38   Link #1454
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Satou > Misaki
Old 2007-03-22, 19:29   Link #1455
ThisIsDream

Thumbs up Welcome to NHK

Tried to search for a thread about this anime, but I just realize I can not do that, cuz it say "words too common"? ( I tried many times)
Anyway I have finished this anime last week and it really is one of the best slice of life comedy anime ever. There are lots of great animes did a great job too like BECK, Honey & Clover, Genshiken, Chobits, Love hina .. and many, but for unique this will go to "Welcome to NHK". The main character's situations are so addicting, it is not like usual animes with similar plots. The anime is more focus on "NHK" or why hikikomoro existed, what casued it? While this anime give me an unspeakable love feeling. I always think the best love story is not talking about love or focusing it, but you feel it little by little from the story.
ThisIsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:58   Link #1456
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

1. You posted this in the wrong section.

2. There is already a thread on the series: linky~
Old 2007-03-22, 20:36   Link #1457
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have a question

So what exactly was their relationship at the end? I did not really get that.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 22:32   Link #1458
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I have a question

So what exactly was their relationship at the end? I did not really get that.
Assuming the contract won't really hold up in a court, nothing.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Joojoobees; 2007-03-22 at 22:33. Reason: put in spoiler tags
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 23:42   Link #1459
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That is what I thought but I heard suicide and went wtf. But it goes well with this series. One of the better series of 06. I hope there is more from the novels.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:46   Link #1460
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
That is what I thought but I heard suicide and went wtf. But it goes well with this series. One of the better series of 06. I hope there is more from the novels.
No. It was more of an ANTI-suicide pact.

I agree about it being a particularly good show. I heard the name Amway yesterday and immediately thought "Mouse-Road". Kind of a difficult show to share with others, though -- at least if you don't want them thinking you are secretly crying out for help. I tried to show someone how funny the show is, and got a lot of questions about how I have been feeling lately.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological