Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-02, 08:51   Link #1
Brother Coa
Banned

Fate/Grand Order Anime - News & Speculation

FGO anime confirmed.

Quote:
An anime adaptation of #FateGO has been confirmed! The first special will air at the end of the year.
Director: Hitoshi Nanba
Script: Ayumi Sekine
Character Design: Keisuke Gotou
Animation Studio: Lay-duce

Cast:
Ritsuka Fujimaru (Gudao): Nobunaga Shimazaki
Mashu Kyrielite: Takahashi Rie
Fou: Kawasumi Ayako

Olgamarie Animasphere: Madoka Yonezawa
Romani Archimand: Kenichi Suzumura
Lef Leynor: Tomokazu Sugita

Opening theme: Shikisai by Maaya Sakamoto
Music director: Takadera Takeshi
Music studio: HALF HP Studio
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 12:51   Link #2
Tenzen12

Sound like fun, hope we will get some Marta x Kojiro time.
Old 2016-11-07, 17:29   Link #3
Brother Coa
Banned

I only wonder how will they put ~100 servants in single anime. xD

But I have a feeling that most popular one will be present in anime ( Scatch, AJ, Mordred, Florence ) + original gang ( Mashu, Arthuria, Jeanne, Archer ).

I am also not surprised they went for Gudao than Gudako - you can't have harem without male main character. xD
Old 2016-11-07, 17:35   Link #4
GDB

Odds are, they won't summon anyone. That's purely a monetizing feature of the game, but has absolutely zero impact on the story itself within the game. They'll likely just go through the story (for this one, likely just the prologue) with only Gudao, Mashu, and the support story Servants.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 00:49   Link #5
Tenzen12

I just hope they will get through prologue quickly (sparing Olga somehow) and then move to Orleans or London
Old 2016-11-08, 02:55   Link #6
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Odds are, they won't summon anyone. That's purely a monetizing feature of the game, but has absolutely zero impact on the story itself within the game. They'll likely just go through the story (for this one, likely just the prologue) with only Gudao, Mashu, and the support story Servants.
While this is true there is one important factor - people mostly play the game to create their own servant teams and fight. So to have only Gudao and Mashu whiel the rest are negligible is kind of... stupid to be honest...

Especially since servants can live with them after being summoned. This is the most important part of the game and why people like it at all - interacting and talking with various servants after adding them to your team. If this anime will be just about Gudao and Mashu purely, with others being put as secondary disposable characters it will not be successful at all. At best it would be regarded as 'poor adaptation', in worst case scenario it will be regarded as worse than DEEN's 2010 UBW movie.

Plus Mashu and Gudao are not alone - standard team is Gudao, Mashu, Arthuria, Jeanne and Archer ( you can see them in opening of the game ). This is the 'core team' with others being added later on.

I think they will add servants as they go, and servants will get highlight depending on their role in certain scenarios that were included in the game. They also might include new scenarios for the sake of anime.
Old 2016-11-08, 03:08   Link #7
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Pretty sure standard story setup for most of the Singularities has been Gudao plus Mash plus whoever you get from the story. You occasionally have someone else tag along (like Olga-Marie for Fuyuki or Da Vinci-chan for Camelot), but that's the exception. If we had an additional set party, we'd have seen these other Servants during the initial Singularity scenes at least once. The logic of keeping it to Mash and Gudao is the similar to keeping the appearance of the protagonist in a FPS uncertain. If story holds that you're going in with Saber, Archer, and Ruler each time, but you as a player don't have any of those characters (and a good portion of the players aren't going to have at least one of those three) then it takes you out of the game.

Besides, Jeanne is one of the Servants you encounter on-site at Orleans. How could she be a standard party member?
Old 2016-11-08, 04:01   Link #8
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The story in the game Orders suggest that it's actually Gudao x Mashu alone and a tag-along Servant for the fight that is happening. Gameplay and Story Segregation if you will.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 05:30   Link #9
Brother Coa
Banned

In any case, just like in the game Gudao will had to have a team of servants to go with him. Saber, Jeanne and Archer are the starting one as we can see in the game opening.

But sure, I am all for team swapping all the time. It give opportunity for the rest to shine. If they make anime only about Gudao and Mashu and their adventures it will be become very boring very quickly.
Old 2016-11-08, 09:42   Link #10
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

For me it's changing party members per order, but once the order ends they have interactions with the other servants.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 09:54   Link #11
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Especially since servants can live with them after being summoned. This is the most important part of the game and why people like it at all - interacting and talking with various servants after adding them to your team. If this anime will be just about Gudao and Mashu purely, with others being put as secondary disposable characters it will not be successful at all. At best it would be regarded as 'poor adaptation', in worst case scenario it will be regarded as worse than DEEN's 2010 UBW movie.
I can only assume you haven't played the game, because all that interaction you're praising is done OUTSIDE of the story. Unless they randomly decide to make it a slice of life series, there's no room for interactions with random Servants. Once the prologue is done, there's already a dozen or so Servants in each singularity that they'll need to focus attention on. They can't afford to be clogging that time with characters that have absolutely no impact on the story.

Quote:
Plus Mashu and Gudao are not alone - standard team is Gudao, Mashu, Arthuria, Jeanne and Archer ( you can see them in opening of the game ). This is the 'core team' with others being added later on.
Confirmed doesn't play the game.

Quote:
If they make anime only about Gudao and Mashu and their adventures it will be become very boring very quickly.
As someone who plays the game and reads the translations, no it won't. Because the singularities have Servants already in them.
Old 2016-11-08, 16:30   Link #12
Brother Coa
Banned

I didn't played it but I watched game-play, which proves that I know what I am talking about ( story segments are amazing, I will give the game that ).

And I actually agree with you - if anything it will be partially fighting and partially slice of life anime ( just like two FSN anime we got ).

And 'core team' is still out there, in intro. Seeing as they are probably going to do it with teams crucial to the story ( which will change as story goes by ) the above mentioned are the original ones, other being added after them.

I still stand by my statement - making entire anime with only Gudao and Mashu is stupid ( I know about singularities, I was talking about them not including servants in them at all as well since they are not important enough ). Especially since Gudao and Mashu alone are not the main reason game is popular - interaction between all of servants is. That is what most people who play the game want to see beside fighting and story.

P.S. - if anime is 24 episodes they have more than enough time to show most of popular servants if not all. They have to satisfy customers who pay them how much so far for that alone, no?
Old 2016-11-08, 16:37   Link #13
GDB

Quote:
And 'core team' is still out there, in intro. Seeing as they are probably going to do it with teams crucial to the story ( which will change as story goes by ) the above mentioned are the original ones, other being added after them.
That's not how the story works. The only "core team" is Gudao and Mashu, with Da Vinci back at the base providing support with Roman. In fact, if you had actually played the game and read the story, you'd know that summoning actual top-tier Servants in the prologue would actually destroy Mashu's role in the story.

Quote:
I still stand by my statement - making entire anime with only Gudao and Mashu is stupid. Especially since Gudao and Mashu alone are not the main reason game is popular - interaction between all of servants is.
There's no interaction between Servants outside of the story, of which only those IN THE STORY interact. All you get outside of the story are events (obviously won't be in the anime, other than MAYBE the Dantes event) and reactions from a Servant to another Servant being in your "pool".

Quote:
P.S. - if anime is 24 episodes they have more than enough time to show most of popular servants if not all. They have to satisfy customers who pay them how much so far for that alone?
It's a single TV special, not a double season anime series.
Old 2016-11-08, 16:41   Link #14
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You don't seem to understand what we are telling you about the story and gameplay elements to be entirely segregated. Most of the entire story is about Shielder and the Protag. Making the anime about them is NOT stupid, it is in the game story already.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 16:45   Link #15
Brother Coa
Banned

You are wrong about that:

"An anime adaptation of #FateGO has been confirmed! The first special will air at the end of the year."

It's not a single one, there will be more. And giving games popularity - a LOT more.

Furthermore they are aware that story is NOT the core element of the game, servants are . So as you said - slice of life anime specials with fighting scenes.

And I actually read the entire story so far ( thanks Reddit ), and while it is true top tier servants would destroy Mashu's role it is not written anywhere that they can change certain things to make that happen. I still think they will make teams of servants that both Mashu and Gudao will collect" along the way and make teams to fight their enemies while the rest of the servants "rest" in their HQ if you will.

But we shall see, I am after all going only by what fans want to see. And honestly they are more interested in slice of life moments and epic fighting scenes involving various servants in different teams than actual story that can be changed to suit there needs like TM and others already did in every single Fate adaptation.
Old 2016-11-08, 17:02   Link #16
GDB

Quote:
You are wrong about that:

"An anime adaptation of #FateGO has been confirmed! The first special will air at the end of the year."

It's not a single one, there will be more. And giving games popularity - a LOT more.
Your own quote confirms it is only a single special. Sure, there will very likely be more specials, but it is NOT a TV series. It is a single special. Assuming there will be more afterwards is just that: assuming.

Quote:
Furthermore they are aware that story is NOT the core element of the game, servants are . So as you said - slice of life anime specials with fighting scenes.
If the story wasn't the core element of the game, they would half-ass the story like every other mobage out there. But they don't. That's not Nasu's style.

Quote:
And I actually read the entire story so far ( thanks Reddit ), and while it is true top tier servants would destroy Mashu's role it is not written anywhere that they can change certain things to make that happen.
Except that's a key part of Mashu's story, and almost her entire story builds from what happens in the prologue. Getting rid of it just so you can put some bad fan-service in pretty much guarantees this would be the ONLY special, as it'd receive horrific backlash from the people who actually play the game.

Quote:
But we shall see, I am after all going only by what fans want to see. And honestly they are more interested in slice of life moments and epic fighting scenes involving various servants in different teams than actual story that can be changed to suit there needs like TM and others already did in every single Fate adaptation.
In fact, what you just described in this exact paragraph, is already part of the story. Where you're failing is your continued insistence that summoned Servants be part of it because you fail to understand that Servants (not summoned by the MC) are already a central part of the story.

Though you're also projecting your own desires onto "the fans" and proclaiming they don't care about story, which is flat out wrong. You may be confusing the fact that most non-Japanese speakers aren't as engaged in the story as the rest because they cannot read it, but that's all the more reason they'd want an actual adaptation; so they don't have to rely on mere forum/reddit translations to appreciate the story.
Old 2016-11-08, 17:15   Link #17
Brother Coa
Banned

I am just saying what majority of the people who play the game told me - they play it for servants and grinding, not story. They do not understand the language, but then again you don't have too to fight and grind in mobile game.

Like I said - we shall see. Story was also core for VN game and yet DEEN and even Ufotable changed some parts to better suit it. Who say that this studio won't?

In any case we shall see.

P.S. I died at "That's not Nasu's style". xD
Old 2016-11-08, 20:05   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I am just saying what majority of the people who play the game told me - they play it for servants and grinding, not story. They do not understand the language, but then again you don't have too to fight and grind in mobile game.
Are you serious mate.....

I honestly don't think the anime producers make the thing with those people in mind as the primary audience you know
Old 2016-12-06, 08:43   Link #19
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

PV:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 09:08   Link #20
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Do you have a mirror for this video and Babylon? The place I'm currently at blocks Youtube.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote