AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-15, 15:58   Link #641
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

That's what I fear. The other tips didn't get released outside comiket, did they? Let's hope they'll make an exception for this one that seems pretty important. I'd gladly order both Higanbana 2 and Musou Kyoku Cross (was planning to get them anyway) if they included Hane and Kokuhaku along the way.
Old 2011-11-15, 15:59   Link #642
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Looks like "Our Confession" contains memorabilia from the true culprit (真犯人) of Umineko and reveals the tricks behind the seemingly impossible murders. It seems to have over 30000 characters written. How many pages does that approximately make? What was written under the image of the cover said 「真犯人」が、全てを明かす。"The true culprit reveals everything." This might just be what we've been waiting for!
Thank you for finding that. This could actually turn out pretty cool...though does this really imply that that person is the real culprit? Or is this only basically the plan she made when constructing that? Still it should basically give us pretty much the needed material to get beyond the point we are stuck at now.

Oh yes and 30.000 characters should be - assuming it's DINA4 like most pamphlets - about 30-40 pages at least (probably 40-60 in Japanese writing style), of course depending on the number of picture references or the size of the characters and the distance between lines...even the fact if it's written in Western direction like the sound novel or in Japanese direction like a regular novel changes the size.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:07   Link #643
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
That's what I fear. The other tips didn't get released outside comiket, did they? Let's hope they'll make an exception for this one that seems pretty important. I'd gladly order both Higanbana 2 and Musou Kyoku Cross (was planning to get them anyway) if they included Hane and Kokuhaku along the way.
I'm pretty sure a set with Hane and Warera no Kokuhaku will be available, I'm just not sure about if we're able to get Tenshi 17-sai and the Natsumi Kei paperbag.
I was also planning on getting both from the beginning, and now the deal is even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Thank you for finding that. This could actually turn out pretty cool...though does this really imply that that person is the real culprit? Or is this only basically the plan she made when constructing that? Still it should basically give us pretty much the needed material to get beyond the point we are stuck at now.
Well, in 「真犯人」が、全てを明かす "true culprit" is still in quotation marks (I think they're quotation marks, or maybe just captioned for emphasis) but that's not the case with 「うみねこのなく頃に」の真犯人, so maybe it's for real. At least that person should know of the murder tricks, so it fits with the description. Whatever the content is, it should prove to be useful to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Oh yes and 30.000 characters should be - assuming it's DINA4 like most pamphlets - about 30-40 pages at least (probably 40-60 in Japanese writing style), of course depending on the number of picture references or the size of the characters and the distance between lines...even the fact if it's written in Western direction like the sound novel or in Japanese direction like a regular novel changes the size.
Not just any pamphlet then. Being on paper in Japanese, it won't be the easiest thing for me to read, but I can't wait to hold it in my hands.
Old 2011-11-19, 11:26   Link #644
Kylon99

Quote:
So, that 東シ-44a is a Comiket booth number? Good to know, thanks for the explanation! (out of curiosity, what does that シ stand for?)
So he had to wait for Comiket to assign him 東シ-44a before he could actually put that into the title. Weird. 8)

Anyways, at Comiket, there's an East (東) hall and a West (西) hall. East hall consists of 6 seperate halls, although halls 1-3 and 4-6 are joined.

The entire convention is set up into aisles with a row of tables forming them. All the aisles are numbered from A-Z + all the hiragana + all the katakana. And then each table in each aisle is assigned a number and a letter as there are two sellers per table. (A and B)

Basically his booth is East hall, Row (katakana) SHI, booth 44-a.

However, SHI (katakana) seems to be reserved for the booths lining the outside wall. And of course, the outside wall groups (or kabe circles) are usually big name groups, like ZUN or supercell. And, of course, 07th Expansion is big enough for him to be assigned to the wall booths. It helps for managing the long lineups that will form in front. (Those lineups will probably be directed to flow out of the building into the hot, baking, dehydrating, hot, hot sun. Or freezing cold for Winter! Yay.)

Wall circles are 'fun' to line up for sometimes. I know 07th Expansion's lines are rather long. Nothing like the major, major lineups, but still enough to suck a large chunk of your buying time.

It is for this reason that I think there will be store pre-orders. Last time when we were buying EP5 and EP7, we just pre-ordered it from a game store in Akiba instead. Since we would be stuck in Comiket, it's not like we could play it 'early' anyways, so picking it up after Comiket at 4PM was about the same. Hopefully the store will have the Confessions booklet too as the bonus item. That's the most important part. 8)

EDIT: Now I'm not so sure about that... hmmm.
EDIT: Oh, the whole package seems to be onsale at Toranoana as well. http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/ci...075/index.html

EDIT: They're saying pre-orders for this whole package begins on November 23rd. So... look for it next week. 8)

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-11-19 at 12:17.
Old 2011-11-19, 14:03   Link #645
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
So he had to wait for Comiket to assign him 東シ-44a before he could actually put that into the title. Weird. 8)
If I remember correctly he had the same booth when I went there in 2009 and he seems to have had the same one for the following ones as well...so I think he didn't actually have to "wait for the Comiket to assign it to him". After the success of Higurashi they're probably happy to have him.

I'm still interested in what it's going to be about...
Ange and Virgilia going to Comiket and learning about Umineko?
Old 2011-11-19, 14:10   Link #646
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

"I hope you'll enjoy this veeery ill-natured, deep, unrestrained world, brought to you by Ange and Virgilia. The contents are so ill-natured that unless you're the sort of valorous person who'd even come to Comiket, it'll be an incomprehensible inevitable checkmate (laugh)."

Sure sounds like Comiket to me.
Old 2011-11-19, 22:13   Link #647
Kylon99

Argh! You only get that "17-old Angel Booklet" if you go to Comiket. The best I can do this year is just pre-order at Toranoana...

By the way, it seems that the Confessions Booklet is a limited supply so you'll need to get your pre-orders in quick if you want it. Remember... it starts 11/23. 8)
Old 2011-11-19, 22:30   Link #648
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Well, at least someone will eventually post the contents on umineco.info.

Does Toranoana ship internationally?
Old 2011-11-19, 22:41   Link #649
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Well, at least someone will eventually post the contents on umineco.info.

Does Toranoana ship internationally?
Apparently, no. And that person says that they've been refusing to ship to proxy services too.
EDIT: from this FAQ: http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/guide/faq/faq_3.html

Well, I will be reading the thing as soon as it gets into my hands. Maybe I'll offer a summary of sorts. Although not a direct translation... I'm not sure of the legality of that... nor the morality... I don't tend to copy doujin works... (Or otherwise I would've posted all those hilarious videos from the voice drama project. )

EDIT: Well, what about White Canvas? Ah, they say they ship overseas and they sell doujin stuff. But they don't even have a pre-order link... or even Higabana EP2 or MusoKyoku CROSS listed separately. I imagine you can get them after the Comiket release for sure. It all hinges on whether they will have the pre-order. http://w-canvas.com

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-11-19 at 22:54.
Old 2011-11-20, 06:09   Link #650
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Anyways, at Comiket, there's an East (東) hall and a West (西) hall. East hall consists of 6 seperate halls, although halls 1-3 and 4-6 are joined.

The entire convention is set up into aisles with a row of tables forming them. All the aisles are numbered from A-Z + all the hiragana + all the katakana. And then each table in each aisle is assigned a number and a letter as there are two sellers per table. (A and B)

Basically his booth is East hall, Row (katakana) SHI, booth 44-a.
I see. That seems... well organized, I'll give them that. It would be nice to pay a visit, sooner or later. Guess we'll be in for some Comiket rant/parody/funny story from Ange and Virgilia, then. (......is that 17歳 a cross-reference to Kikuko Inoue being the seiyuu for Virgilia?)

Quote:
EDIT: They're saying pre-orders for this whole package begins on November 23rd. So... look for it next week. 8)
I shall be ready.
Amiami should suffice, right?
Old 2011-11-20, 06:54   Link #651
moichispa
Endless witch

It is easy to understand about the organization with the twitcmap, but is seems most circles doesn't appear yet. I wonder about this 44 thing, it should be curious also Virgilia and Ange is quite an strange pair.
Old 2011-11-21, 02:46   Link #652
Kylon99

Quote:
I see. That seems... well organized, I'll give them that. It would be nice to pay a visit, sooner or later. Guess we'll be in for some Comiket rant/parody/funny story from Ange and Virgilia, then. (......is that 17歳 a cross-reference to Kikuko Inoue being the seiyuu for Virgilia?)
They have 2 Comikets every year, so after 81 one of them.. they're pretty smart at organization. I heard they can move like 18,000 people every hour in and out of the convention hall or something. Unlike some of the other conventions, a long line-up at Comiket (i.e. one that goes around the block and over several of those islands; basically 2-3 km long) still only takes you just over an hour to actually get in. 8)

Anyways, that's a pretty good guess on the topic of the booklet. 8) I'd like to read it but I'm not sure I can make it to Comike this year... hm. (Since the 17-year old Angel booklet is Comiket only it seems.) I hope someone would post it...

Quote:
I shall be ready. Amiami should suffice, right?
Actually, the original ad says 'Doujin shop.' I don't know that amiami will qualify for that though. It's for sure listed at office-mk.co.jp and at Toranoana... Your best bet for an overseas doujin shipping shop is White Canvas... (http://w-canvas.com) ... but they don't have the special listed yet!

So... so far it's looking like you'll need to visit Toranoana. 8) But we'll see on 11/23.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:58   Link #653
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

18k people per hour? Woah. Talk about organized. It would be an impossible feat at the cons where I live

White Canvas seems nice, hope they'll have it available soon.
I was trying to register an account on Toranoana just in case (could prove handy in the future for some doujin shopping too), but I'm... a bit confused. Could I by any chance PM you for some questions, Kylon? (it seems to me that you're pretty knowledgeable about it and don't really want to go off-topic here).
Old 2011-11-21, 04:25   Link #654
Kylon99

Sure, go ahead...
But just so you know, Toranoana doesn't ship overseas. Although you can ship to a friend in Japan, maybe? A friend said they don't really like that either.

White Canvas may be your best bet for doujin. By the way, browsing White Canvas is definitely NSFW. Especially with all those body pillows... heh.

Hey, since this is the Merchandise thread and since we can order stuff from White Canvas...

May I recommend this particular circle:
http://w-canvas.com/products/list.php?circle_id=6847

They make some pretty hilarious Umineko and Higurashi doujin. Mostly because he draws people with shocked expressions all the time. 8)

Hmm.. I was searching for that Umineko voice drama project doujin but it looks like they don't have them. The rule to doujin is, if you see it and want it, get it quick. Because if you don't... they may not have re-prints in the future unless it's a popular group. 8)

Last edited by Kylon99; 2012-01-01 at 22:42.
Old 2011-11-21, 04:48   Link #655
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Thanks, will look into it. That Erika's Married Life in Umineko AuAu looks quite disturbing but also lots of fun! And Furfur and Zepar are just over the top XD I can totally see the characters going into reaction guys mode.
Old 2011-11-21, 18:39   Link #656
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Has anyone found a site listing the Higanbana/OMK CROSS Set that ships to Europe? 23th is just around the corner and AmiAmi doesn't have it listed yet. Usually I have been able to see the products there well before the pre-orders start, so I'm starting to get a little worried. I don't want to miss this one!
Old 2011-11-23, 20:58   Link #657
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

It's the 23rd over here...and Toranoana is apparently the only site that lists the Higanbana/OMK Cross set. AmiAmi and White Canvas doesn't even list Higanbana's second night or OMK Cross at ALL. AmiAmi's still got that special on the original Ougon if you want it.
Old 2011-11-24, 09:36   Link #658
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Has anyone found a site listing the Higanbana/OMK CROSS Set that ships to Europe? 23th is just around the corner and AmiAmi doesn't have it listed yet. Usually I have been able to see the products there well before the pre-orders start, so I'm starting to get a little worried. I don't want to miss this one!
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
Old 2011-11-24, 09:48   Link #659
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Amazing! Thanks, CrimsonMoonMist. I'm much calmer now I was afraid we wouldn't find anyone that shipped the entire combo pack. Grab your copy quickly, guys!
Old 2011-11-24, 13:02   Link #660
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Yeah I found that earlier today, and was going to link it myself if no-one had done it yet. I was already looking at information how to use proxy services. It's certainly a relief that AmiAmi has it after all. Pre-ordered right away! Seems like we're not getting the Natsumi Kei -paperbag or the other extra TIP, but I should settle with this and leave those goodies for those wanting to wait in line at Comiket.

On a random note, what's with me getting the first post of a page most of the times I post?
Closed Thread