AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-07, 15:12   Link #101
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If the translation for the next chapter preview, which says the legendary doujutsu, is correct, then I am getting closer to puking legendary doujutsus. I wish Kishi would learn to choose better expressions even though he had already exhausted the importance of the terms legendary and doujutsu.
LOL, does that mean that Itachi is going to replace his eye in mid-battle and then have it instantly work. Now, that is pretty badass. Maybe there will be a beaming ray of light that will hit Itachi, after he has replaced one of his eyes, and as Itachi levitates within the light, heavnely music will be played by cherubic angels as they fly around while Itachi is going through the allmighty changes that result from the Legendary Eternal MS. 'And as he looked out over the land he said "it is good."'
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 15:21   Link #102
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Naruto has been greatly disrespected in pt2, I guess he really did grow bored of him. Even when he said he liked Sasuke better he had written Naruto's part pretty well in pt1.
Sasuke's going all Jesus Yamato on this series, and for the same reasons even (ie retarded fans)...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 16:05   Link #103
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well there hasnt been anything said about the frog with the message for Tsunade.
My guess is that Naruto will vanish from the world and Kishi can completely focus himself on all the others. And probably in 2009 we will see Naruto again followed by millions of flashbacks from his other world (frog world) training sessions.

One thing that bugs me is that Sasuke got suddenly soo powerfull that it would be impossible for an Sannin not to notice that someone like Sasuke already surpassed him in every possible way.
It's not that Sasuke suddenly got stronger after he killed Orochimaru. So the line "Orochimaru was already weak (because of his bodylimit)" is simply nonsense. Naruto becomes hokage and Sasuke dominates the world. End.
Old 2008-02-07, 18:23   Link #104
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
If the translation for the next chapter preview, which says the legendary doujutsu, is correct, then I am getting closer to puking legendary doujutsus. I wish Kishi would learn to choose better expressions even though he had already exhausted the importance of the terms legendary and doujutsu.
I think it is only refering to Amaterasu.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:32   Link #105
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well there hasnt been anything said about the frog with the message for Tsunade.
My guess is that Naruto will vanish from the world and Kishi can completely focus himself on all the others. And probably in 2009 we will see Naruto again followed by millions of flashbacks from his other world (frog world) training sessions.

One thing that bugs me is that Sasuke got suddenly soo powerfull that it would be impossible for an Sannin not to notice that someone like Sasuke already surpassed him in every possible way.
It's not that Sasuke suddenly got stronger after he killed Orochimaru. So the line "Orochimaru was already weak (because of his bodylimit)" is simply nonsense. Naruto becomes hokage and Sasuke dominates the world. End.
Its not nonsense. You could obviously see Oro wasn't in the best shape of his life.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:39   Link #106
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Its not nonsense. You could obviously see Oro wasn't in the best shape of his life.
Agreed. Hence the reason both he and Kabuto were so adamant about performing the soul transfer ritual as soon as possible. Hell, even while Sasuke was killing Oro, Kabuto was saying how Oro didn't have much time left in that body, and he really should perform the ritual that day.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:30   Link #107
elusive

if itachi loses will zetsu eat him?
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:35   Link #108
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Agreed. Hence the reason both he and Kabuto were so adamant about performing the soul transfer ritual as soon as possible. Hell, even while Sasuke was killing Oro, Kabuto was saying how Oro didn't have much time left in that body, and he really should perform the ritual that day.
Quote:
I know that but someone of Orochimaru's caliber and experience should've expected all this and not only that. He should've known or realized Sasuke's true abilities or atleast know sort of what he would be capable of.

With that only said he should've known that Sasuke almost definetly already had surpassed him (Orochimaru). That's what i ment. In other words. Orochimaru was clumpsy (unlike him) and he made the same mistake years ago when he tried to take Itachi when he was at his best.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:42   Link #109
Ero-Senn1n

If we look only at Sasuke's performance against an already weak Orochimaru we can...
however Sasuke has Defeated Deidara and is now fighting against Itachi. So it's pointless to base our assumptions only on Orochimaru's state when he was killed. It's better to judge Sasuke on his performance against Itachi, since Orochimaru admitted that Itachi is stronger than him. It's all about Sasuke's haxxor eyes helping him to win, the same way Pein did win against Jiraiya only because of his rinnegan. The sannins don't have any bloodlines, so that's quite a big handicap for them to fight against such monsters of evolution
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 20:05   Link #110
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If we look only at Sasuke's performance against an already weak Orochimaru we can...
however Sasuke has Defeated Deidara and is now fighting against Itachi. So it's pointless to base our assumptions only on Orochimaru's state when he was killed. It's better to judge Sasuke on his performance against Itachi, since Orochimaru admitted that Itachi is stronger than him. It's all about Sasuke's haxxor eyes helping him to win, the same way Pein did win against Jiraiya only because of his rinnegan. The sannins don't have any bloodlines, so that's quite a big handicap for them to fight against such monsters of evolution
I like that word . I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all uchiha's thought themselves higher than everybody else. anyways neither itach nor sasuke can bea oboro(I think thats what her name was in basilisk)

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 20:08   Link #111
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
The Tsukuyomi (btw, I love your spelling - Tsukijoumy , it is great) that Itachi uses either attacks the emotions or a mental representation of your body. No true physical damage is delivered, and when someone slips into a coma due to the attack, it is from mental exhausation not because they have been truly hurt (hurt in this case simply means physical pain). Tsunade did not need to 'heal' them, so much as delve far enough into the brain to wake them up, that is why the procedure was almost instantaneous. Even if, for the attack, Itachi were to forcibly disconnect the conscious mind from the body, that does not necessarily mean that the conscious mind could not recconect to the body after the attack has been completed.

I see no reason why someone can not train their brain to withstand the attack. I mean, it is not like the Uchiha are the only ones that can get into another person's brain. Ino's family has, presumably, a whole line of techniques that puposely take over and control the brain, that means they have to have a pretty damn good idea as to how the brain works. Presumably some of their files on the workings of the brain can be read at the library, or in the Hokage's scrolls, so the knowledge can be used by those outside of Ino's clan (are they the Yamanaka's?). Drawing assumptions from that, could it not then be possible for someone to train their brain to withstand the attack? (Notice I said withstand, not escape or fight, simply withstand the technique and be able to continue fighting afterwards.)

And, as fanfiction has shown us, Sakura has a natural defense for the attack called schizophrenia .

The question now is, does he wear sandals or shoes? And, hosestly, I do not even want to imagine Gai developing a fighting technique that requires the user to only watch the hips of their opponent (imagine a fight between Itachi and Gai, with Gai constantly staring at Itachi's pelvic region...actual this could be the most powerful taijutsu in the world becuase no one would ever want to fight against Gai when he is staring at your privates.)

Side Point - I also have a question, if or when Itachi goes fully blind, would he still be able to cast the Tsukuyomi attack? I guess I am also asking, do you need to be able to see to cast genjutsu?
lol everyone in naruto has sandals, if , except i think karin (boots?) anyways it was never stated. Kakashi said to close eyes when mangekyou happened, maybe its not a matter of the person seeing u, but u seeing it
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 22:35   Link #112
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
I know that but someone of Orochimaru's caliber and experience should've expected all this and not only that. He should've known or realized Sasuke's true abilities or atleast know sort of what he would be capable of.

With that only said he should've known that Sasuke almost definetly already had surpassed him (Orochimaru). That's what i ment. In other words. Orochimaru was clumpsy (unlike him) and he made the same mistake years ago when he tried to take Itachi when he was at his best.
No argument there. I actually thoght the curse seal he put on Sasuke was supposed to also act like a leash just incase said event happened. But it seems I overetimated Oro's ability to think ahead and use common sense. :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
if itachi loses will zetsu eat him?
Sure why not. He's probably only there waiting fr a dead body to consume.

~I REALLY want to get back to Konoha vs Tobi. Pein is on his way to his location and that should lead to some interesting developments.

Itachi, please just kill Sasuke already so we can get back to Naruto. Please!

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2008-02-07 at 22:56.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 23:05   Link #113
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I think it is only refering to Amaterasu.
It probably is, but I was only concerned about the wording used to refer to Amaterasu, not Amaterasu itself. (it almost feels like there is no limit to legendary doujutsus)

I forgot to mention the first part of this next chapter preview. It says, flame clashes with flame. So, it seems Sasuke will probably use a flame jutsu (I don't think it is the typical Uchiha flames jutsu, and I do hope it is something different than typical Uchiha flame in cursed seal mode) to counter Amaterasu.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 23:31   Link #114
james0246

Quote:
(it almost feels like there is no limit to legendary doujutsus)
Well, they are legendary . Here is hoping Kishimoto has bloodline advancements set-up for the Byakugan and the Rinnegan or else I am going to feel supremly gypped that the Sharingan is the only one of the legendary doujutsu that has multiple levels.

I will admit I am a little excited to see the Amaterasu after some 200 chapters, so here is hoping this technique lives up to its massive hype.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-02-07 at 23:52.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 23:58   Link #115
Casshern

Quote:
~I REALLY want to get back to Konoha vs Tobi. Pein is on his way to his location and that should lead to some interesting developments.
In all likelyhood Tobi is just holding off the Konoha teams for the very purpose of Itachi and Sasuke having their fight without being interupted. They were all after Sasuke when Tobi appeared out of thin air and he wasn't trying to kill them or take the kyuubi, so he must be just holding them off.

After all, he could have easily gone after the kyuubi himself but he sent Pein instead. It's almost obvious he's interested in the Uchiha brothers' sharingan more than anything else, regardless of which one wins.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 23:58   Link #116
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

were still forgetting the little issue of sasuke's orochimaru abilities. Add Sharingan plus CS2 and orochimaru's many many jutsu and we have pretty tough cookie
Old 2008-02-08, 00:22   Link #117
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Well, they are legendary . Here is hoping Kishimoto has bloodline advancements set-up for the Byakugan and the Rinnegan or else I am going to feel supremly gypped that the Sharingan is the only one of the legendary doujutsu that has multiple levels.
The Byakugan in particular could use a major boost. And there just so happens to be a Hyuuga in the group fighting Madara... not that Kishimoto even remembers the series has girls in it half the time.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 02:11   Link #118
Rahan

Quote:
No argument there. I actually thoght the curse seal he put on Sasuke was supposed to also act like a leash just incase said event happened. But it seems I overetimated Oro's ability to think ahead and use common sense. :-p
Actually, it is. Oro could simply disable Anko through her seal. It's Kishimoto's consistency or writing skills you are overestimating.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 02:11   Link #119
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Sasuke's going all Jesus Yamato on this series, and for the same reasons even (ie retarded fans)...
Theres only one man to blame for this.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 03:16   Link #120
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Naruto has been greatly disrespected in pt2, I guess he really did grow bored of him. Even when he said he liked Sasuke better he had written Naruto's part pretty well in pt1.
It's more like, he can't think of enough stuff for Naruto's personal storyline, remember he has to end the manga with Naruto, since it's name Naruto after all. If he blows through the material too quick, he will be "bankrupt" at the end.

Quote:
Didn't he use this plot device on a certain spiky hair character already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
..Sasuke has Defeated Deidara ..
I never really though of it as Sasuke defeating Deidara, it was more like he unknowingly insulted him to death. I mean sensitivity is after all Sasuke's defining trademark characteristic.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Actually, it is. Oro could simply disable Anko through her seal. It's Kishimoto's consistency or writing skills you are overestimating.
I suppose that was Oro's plan, but Sasuke stabbed him in the arms at the begin of the fight. A leash will not do you any good if you can't tug on it.

With the Uchiha brothers being master's of deception, I wouldn't be surprise if Sasuke has manage to hide his increase in skills resulting in Oro underestimating how much Sasuke's abilities have improved.

Quote:
I forgot to mention the first part of this next chapter preview. It says, flame clashes with flame. So, it seems Sasuke will probably use a flame jutsu (I don't think it is the typical Uchiha flames jutsu, and I do hope it is something different than typical Uchiha flame in cursed seal mode) to counter Amaterasu.
OMG! Purple flames!! Forbidden Style No. 1211: Eight Shrine Maidens!!!1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
... not that Kishimoto even remembers the series has girls in it half the time.
The girls are only there for their boobs, and to act as eye candy and comic relief.

Last edited by Salt; 2008-02-08 at 07:12.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote