AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 18:50   Link #2121
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post

Now that's a pajama party i want to attend

PS: not just Wendy but even Charle is there, seriously they're somewhat bound to join FT after this arc.
1) Whose that left of Erza( the one with green hair)?

2) Is that Evergreen in the doorway behind Wendy?

3) Where are the other female members of Fairy tail like Lucky and Miki or are these the female members that live at the dorm?

4) Since Lucy is in the picture does this mean that she moves out of apartment and into the dorm? I mean she would save a lot of money (70,000 jewel apartment) vs (10,000 jewel dorm room).

5) Since there is a female dorm there is most likely a male dorm where Natsu, Happy, and Gray probly live?
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 19:43   Link #2122
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I have a feeling Aquarius will kick Lucy's ass in a serious fight at some point, she's the only stellar spirit that kinda hates her...even old man Zodiark was kind to her!
I don't think Aquarius hates Lucy, more something liek she finds her a mild annoyance
If she really hated Lucy I doubt she would make a contract.
This is one of them kinda relationships that she actually repescts the person but will just treat them badly cause they can.
Also I think its more for a little comedy effect on how the Aquarius/Lucy intereactions works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I also have a feeling that Aquarius'll change once Lucy gets Sagittarius
This could be for the worse for Lucy...much worse
probably incur the wrath of Aquarius for making a contract with her boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post

3) Where are the other female members of Fairy tail like Lucky and Miki or are these the female members that live at the dorm?

4) Since Lucy is in the picture does this mean that she moves out of apartment and into the dorm? I mean she would save a lot of money (70,000 jewel apartment) vs (10,000 jewel dorm room).

5) Since there is a female dorm there is most likely a male dorm where Natsu, Happy, and Gray probly live?
This is just one of many colour spreads that really don't mean much at all. Usually just to show characters in couler and maybe sometimes with a little something to do with a theme of the time or whatever.
really shouldn't look into it too much.
but to answer a few questions

1) I believe thats Visca

2) Yea I blieve thats Evergreen

3 & 4) Again you shouldn't epxect what you see here to actually happen.

5) Thats anyones guess but i'm guessing there is a males dorm.
Old 2009-11-25, 20:10   Link #2123
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Bonta-kun answered the questions
oh well, one comment though
*ahem*

does it EVEN matter?
lol XD

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:18   Link #2124
Krono

Quote:
There's a mistake in the scanlation. A room at Fairy Hills is actually 100,000 jewel, not 10,000 Jewel.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 21:05   Link #2125
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
There's a mistake in the scanlation. A room at Fairy Hills is actually 100,000 jewel, not 10,000 Jewel.

I don't know 10,000 jewels sounds about right. Looking at Lucy on page 7, she basically states if she knew there was a female dorm she would of moved in there instead renting the apartment she has. Why would Lucy want to pay 100,000 jewels for a single dorm room when the rent for her apartment is only 70,000 jewels. That's a 30,000 jewel increase to rent one room when she is paying only 70,000 jewels for a furnished apartment.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:44   Link #2126
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't know 10,000 jewels sounds about right. Looking at Lucy on page 7, she basically states if she knew there was a female dorm she would of moved in there instead renting the apartment she has. Why would Lucy want to pay 100,000 jewels for a single dorm room when the rent for her apartment is only 70,000 jewels. That's a 30,000 jewel increase to rent one room when she is paying only 70,000 jewels for a furnished apartment.

just check the chinese trans, it is 500,000.

not the first time the Eng trans got details wrong.
Old 2009-11-26, 04:55   Link #2127
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
she says she would want to rent one just before the old hag tells her how much the rent is, so she was just assuming the rent to be lower, i too doubted it at first but it all makes sense this way. then again why does a crappy mage such as Levi can afford this much? Easy, it was just a plot block for Lucy not to move in yet for whatever reason because the rent being this high on the other hand doesn't make that much sense to me. Anyway, just a marginal issue here but that's just me being bored by the current arc that went down since nirvana was set in motion and dragged on for too long for my taste (not as bad as OP thriller bark arc though )
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 12:55   Link #2128
Krono

Quote:
No, it's definitely a mistake.

Firstly, it was pointed out on the scanlator's website, and their translator acknowledged he made a mistake.

Secondly, here's the panels in question untranslated:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4275/panel1x.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8150/panel2o.jpg

See that character after the 7 and the 10? That's the character for ten thousand:

http://www.df.lth.se/cgi-bin/j-e/jis...1B%28B&WC=none

So Lucy's rent literally translates as 7 ten thousand, and Fairy Hills rent translates as 10 ten thousand.

7 ten thousand = 70,000
10 ten thousand = 100,000

Quote:
then again why does a crappy mage such as Levi can afford this much?
One, Levi's not a crappy mage, just not one as combat oriented as the main characters. Two, consider who they work with usually. Levi usually works with Droy and Jet. Two guys that had/have a crush on Levi, and have magic that's not particularly large scale. Lucy usually works with Natsu, Happy, Grey, and Erza. Natsu's known for his collateral damage, Erza and Grey aren't too much better, and Happy considers Lucy's need for money to be something to make fun off.

Care to guess which of the two loses more of their pay check paying for damages?
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:06   Link #2129
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
No, it's definitely a mistake.

Firstly, it was pointed out on the scanlator's website, and their translator acknowledged he made a mistake.

Secondly, here's the panels in question untranslated:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4275/panel1x.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8150/panel2o.jpg

See that character after the 7 and the 10? That's the character for ten thousand:

http://www.df.lth.se/cgi-bin/j-e/jis...1B%28B&WC=none

So Lucy's rent literally translates as 7 ten thousand, and Fairy Hills rent translates as 10 ten thousand.

7 ten thousand = 70,000
10 ten thousand = 100,000

One, Levi's not a crappy mage, just not one as combat oriented as the main characters. Two, consider who they work with usually. Levi usually works with Droy and Jet. Two guys that had/have a crush on Levi, and have magic that's not particularly large scale. Lucy usually works with Natsu, Happy, Grey, and Erza. Natsu's known for his collateral damage, Erza and Grey aren't too much better, and Happy considers Lucy's need for money to be something to make fun off.

Care to guess which of the two loses more of their pay check paying for damages?
Why are you comparing Levi's and Lucy's income? Never stated Lucy could afford to live there either and it sure wasn't my point anyway. What I was getting at was that these constructions of money and upkeep are just plot devices created by the author without much in-depth thought to maintain a certain order. The point is you can speculate as much as you want but we don't know anything about anyone's income because information would be obsolete to the real story. Of course guessing is fun but it's not a valid argument whatsoever.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:51   Link #2130
Slayerx

Quote:
she says she would want to rent one just before the old hag tells her how much the rent is, so she was just assuming the rent to be lower, i too doubted it at first but it all makes sense this way. then again why does a crappy mage such as Levi can afford this much? Easy, it was just a plot block for Lucy not to move in yet for whatever reason because the rent being this high on the other hand doesn't make that much sense to me. Anyway, just a marginal issue here but that's just me being bored by the current arc that went down since nirvana was set in motion and dragged on for too long for my taste (not as bad as OP thriller bark arc though )
Actually the high rent is not all that unbelievable...
Assuming that "jewels" translates directly to Yen, that would mean that by the US dollar, Lucy's apartment is about $800 per month, and fairy hills is about $1,100 (give or take)... Where i'm from those do seem pretty high, but i have heard of dorms that cost around $1,000 in bigger cities... though one thing i have seen where i live is that dorms tend to cost more then the cheapest local apartments by a few hundred dollars
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:53   Link #2131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And you're forgetting that job rewards can range from 50k jewels to 2mil or so...I'd say 70k per month is cheap, how lazy can someone get? :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:46   Link #2132
zeremonio
creator of chaos

50k to 2 mil - damage cost by natsu,erza,grey = 10k or less
Old 2009-11-26, 21:55   Link #2133
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeremonio View Post
50k to 2 mil - damage cost by natsu,erza,grey = 10k or less
2 mil would probably get you only... one city block. :P
Natsu, Gray and Erza probably have a debt bigger than the U.S.' debt.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 23:00   Link #2134
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
2 mil would probably get you only... one city block. :P
Natsu, Gray and Erza probably have a debt bigger than the U.S.' debt.
just Natsu and Gray, Erza probably makes them pay for all the damages form their share
Old 2009-11-26, 23:12   Link #2135
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No wonder they never get rich, I feel for poor Makarov
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 23:35   Link #2136
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just Natsu and Gray, Erza probably makes them pay for all the damages form their share
Oh touche there, my good man.

Quote:
No wonder they never get rich, I feel for poor Makarov
I don't. Makarov just perks right up after seeing Lucy or Mirajane going boyoyoing.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 23:35   Link #2137
Slayerx

Quote:
And you're forgetting that job rewards can range from 50k jewels to 2mil or so...I'd say 70k per month is cheap, how lazy can someone get? :P
I wouldn't call it cheap, so much as, mage guild jobs pay REALLY well

I think the lowest job we've seen was 30k for teaching magic to kids.
But ya, point still remains... one or two jobs a month is all it would take to maintain her housing... granted you do have to take into account the time to travel to where jobs are, so some jobs could take a relatively long time to complete... but still, 2 low paying jobs in a month should be more than feasible, for even Lucy...

Though i guess we do have to take into count that their might not be many low paying jobs, and Lucy does not have the confidence to take on higher paying jobs solo... which then leads to teaming up with natsu, which then leads to property damage...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 00:22   Link #2138
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Though i guess we do have to take into count that their might not be many low paying jobs, and Lucy does not have the confidence to take on higher paying jobs solo... which then leads to teaming up with natsu, which then leads to property damage...
Which then leads to another poverty...

Ugh, the recent chapters....Cool Natsu, so gar as always ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 02:13   Link #2139
zeremonio
creator of chaos

I wish lucy could do a job with other member besides natsu,gray,erza and happy
why she don't try it with shadow gear or other members
or nav/nay i just realize he's the person who talk to lucy quite often beside the main char
or maybe gazille
IMO lucy can do solo job already,she already have loki/leo who does solo job when he still at fairy tail

Last edited by zeremonio; 2009-11-27 at 03:00.
zeremonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 02:39   Link #2140
Ravelt

That special chapter was good and touch. Shoujo and ecchi style.
I feeling it has a bit yuri in there.
What mean Levi Erza like books that are a bit sexy? About boys or girls or both?

Mashima is really good.

If Lucy really get Gemini she can read people mind and use more different magic.

Last edited by Ravelt; 2009-11-28 at 08:05.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen