AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-18, 12:49   Link #1021
Fishfood1

dark himeji is pretty awesome... shouko has taught her well
also hideyoshi didn't steal this episode... can't have him/her(your choice) take over nearly every epi.

so... evangelion ref next week? sounds fun

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 14:09   Link #1022
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not like we all didnt know it but since YuujixShouko has not been confirmed as a real thing. I am itching to see how the love triangle between Aki, Shimada and himeji will advance.
Old 2010-02-18, 15:31   Link #1023
Lukix
. . .

Quote:
Aki, Shimada and himeji will advance.
Well, from now on, I am freaking more curious about YuujixShouko relationship, AxSxH is second plan, though.
Old 2010-02-18, 15:34   Link #1024
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Hideyoshi wasn't the only maiden in the new ED.
Old 2010-02-18, 19:20   Link #1025
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

My favorite 2 sayings of episode 7

I like Himenjii's boobs more than Shouko's.
Didn't I see Aki hitting on that college chick?

Hahaha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 19:25   Link #1026
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
My favorite 2 sayings of episode 7

I like Himenjii's boobs more than Shouko's.
Didn't I see Aki hitting on that college chick?

Hahaha
really?

My fav. quotes were:
"I am gonna kill you Akihisa!"
Akihisa: wait, who is this?! What! Hello?!

Akihisa: Fine. If you really insist on getting your picture...
Here, just place your hand like this (walks away). Now put some force onto it.

(cheese!) xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 19:58   Link #1027
babohtea

I LOVED THIS EPISODE.

It was hilarious but it managed to be serious, allowing us to see some of the first character development (or unveiling, I guess?) in this series. (It's still good regardless )

Also, new ED!
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 21:14   Link #1028
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I'm not sure she's technically yandere, as she hasn't been shown to harm or have the intention to harm anybody whose a potential threat to Yuuji. In fact, the only person she's harmed is Yuuji himself, which technically doesn't count as Yandere.
No. That surely counts as Yandere.

Yandere is just a person who is in love and that makes them psycho underneath the nice exterior.

With Shouko it's not hard to see the crazy as it is with most Yandere.

I think this episode was when Shouko took over the show. Yandere finally have a heroine to cheer for. How many other "successful" Yandere can you think of?

As for Yuuji, he needs to come up with a plan to escape. Either he should do whatever he must to break free permanently and decisively no matter the cost, or he needs to start training Shouko by rewarding her with positive attention when she's acting nice, and ignoring her when she's mean. His current methods of resistance are just adding fuel to the fire.

The more startling scene was when Himeji became angry with Yoshii and so summoned Shimada to punish him. I thought they were supposed to be rivals fighting over him. But instead they seem to have formed an alliance...

I mean, they go on threesome dates. Have each other programed into their cell phones. Communicate and share information about their crush... It's flat out strange.

Also... why the heck did the gang all show up at that park anyway? They never explained it. Why are they helping Shouko? Why are they on her side? I mean, I guess I could grasp Yoshii handing the tickets over as revenge on Yuuji. He surely deserves it. And I could imagine the girls teaming up from a sense of female unity- but why the others?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 21:17   Link #1029
Who

Himeji and Shimada are a pretty effective team. Himeji the bewbs, Shimada the brawn.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 21:30   Link #1030
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

It has been confirmed, Yuuji and Shouko my my favorite pairs in this anime. It's just hilarious seeing Yuuji go through all the crap with Shouko. It's just flat out funny.

Now this episode was especially funny for me. I was laughing so hard with all stuff Yuuji had to put up with in the park and his classmates. I wish there was more eye gouging though, I really like seeing Shouko take out Yuuji's eyes.
Old 2010-02-18, 23:36   Link #1031
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 7 :

Episode focused on Yuji x Shouko . Lol that was a bit too much the wedding stuff .
Oh well , at least it was ok . Some funny part .
But Yuji x Shouko isn't official yet . Yuji doesn't love her yet . He's just forced to go out with her .
Yoshii didn't thinks about why Himeji was angry for his "date" .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 00:00   Link #1032
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 7 was outstanding: hilarious and touching. This episode actually does bear comparison with Seitokai no Ichizon.

Maybe Oonuma Shin is hitting his stride: he storyboarded and directed this episode himself. It looked great and moved well.

Shouko, Yuuji, Himeji, Yoshii, Hideyoshi: the characters were all brilliant, and so were their seiyuus. Especially Isomura Tomomi 磯村知美 (Shouko) and Suzuki Tatsuhisa 鈴木達央 (Yuuji).

Isomura-san is fairly new, but her voice is just so individual and excellent in this role. I love a quote from her Japanese Wikipedia page: "Standing, I'm a seiyuu. Sitting, I'm an otaku. Walking, I'm a cosplayer." You can tell that last thing from her photo (below)

Suzuki Tatsuhisa was Tezuka in Library War and Sugata in Sora no Otoshimono. He is rumored to be the boyfriend of Katou Emiri (Hideyoshi here, Kagami in Lucky Star). His voice is wonderful here, and I thought he made more and more impression as SoraOto went by..

More info on them and all the seiyuu here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 00:35   Link #1033
orangejuicetang

I think the one of the best parts of this episode was Yuuji's expressions during the quiz. Every time I see his expression during the "wtf is this quiz" and the "It's useless, I can't compete with these bastards..." scene I lol.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 00:51   Link #1034
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Huh all I can think of to sum ep 7 up is AWESOME!

Probably the best Amusement Park ep I've seen (ever?)

loved the quiz part, Yuuji was hilarious at that point
liked how the little Yuuji pictured changed when he got his eyes poked

oh and liked the little Bonta-Kun reference
Old 2010-02-19, 01:24   Link #1035
Isekaijin

The end of this episode was the finisher for Yuuji. Tazers and yandere ways are one thing, but I honestly believe nobody, specially Yuuji could walk out of this after Shouko's smile.

She pretty much got him leashed in this episode for saying the least.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 01:48   Link #1036
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I guess I'm in the minority here - this episode felt somewhat forced and artificial to me. It felt like I was watching a different series, and not in a good way. it wasn't terrible, but I just don't find Shouko all that interesting or likeable and most of the jokes in the ep felt flat to me.

I also think the new ED is vastly, vastly inferior to the first one - obviously in terms of the song, but the animation itself is much more pedestrian. The first ED was genius - this one is routine.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 04:18   Link #1037
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
The end of this episode was the finisher for Yuuji. Tazers and yandere ways are one thing, but I honestly believe nobody, specially Yuuji could walk out of this after Shouko's smile.

She pretty much got him leashed in this episode for saying the least.
Hah! My thoughts exactly. The episode also made me so curious to know more about their past histories and what got Shouko so hooked on Yuji. Good episode!

Offtopic..... To gg: Don't fold. Despite the criticism, whether they are legit or not, you guys still are amazing considering the dedication you show to sub so many series at such a little time and with such consistency. You are making a lot of people who relies on fansub happy. Hang in there!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 04:30   Link #1038
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe Oonuma Shin is hitting his stride: he storyboarded and directed this episode himself. It looked great and moved well.
Heh, that easily explains why this episode came straight out of ef.
Old 2010-02-19, 05:08   Link #1039
tsunade666

how does it similar to ef series? I don't see any connection. But its a killer episode literally and romantically. I hate going with hunted house with shouko but the wedding ceremony is awesome and the two idiotic couple that continuously bugs me and really irritate me to no end. I hope yuuji shoots him on the roller coaster.

I really wonder what happen on this past 7 years that makes shouko feeling responsible and being tied to yuuji.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 05:11   Link #1040
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
how does it similar to ef series?
If you read my past post, then you'll know i'm just talking about the last scene. Pacing, camera shots, everything you'd expect to see in similar scenes from the two ef shows.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen