AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 16:08   Link #21
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
If they get Shepard right, I'd love to see this movie.

random alien: "The scanners are giving false readings. They seem to think you're.....dead."
Shepard: "I'm getting that everywhere, it's a pain in the ass"

and then this

Shepard: "I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions"
*punches reporter*

Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:18   Link #22
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
The question remains whether or not they would have Shepard be paragon or renegade

Spoiler for commander Shaprard, standing by:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:39   Link #23
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
They should get Seth Green to star as Joker. And they should get the original voice actors to play the alien characters like Garrus. It would really help the authenticity of the movie. One would think the directors are on top of this, but I can only hope...
The worst is, even if they manage all that, Shepard won't get his ingame voice, since, I bet, they'd rather have him look the same than sound as such.

Too bad the original "Shepard" ain't an actor.
Spoiler for Mark Vanderloo:
Old 2010-06-01, 16:46   Link #24
Irkalla
I asked for this

Renegede female Shepard plz. Most badass game character ever. This is the proof that the female Shepard is superior in mass bitchiness..Ah I want that voice.

Old 2010-06-01, 17:00   Link #25
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Are they going to give out controllers when you walk into the cinema and everyone has to vote for their favourite conversation/action option. I can just imagine it:

Choices: A) Comfort her
B) Walk away
C) Her guard is down! Do her now! Do her now! (PICK THIS OPTION!!!)

However it is hard to make a Mass Effect movie because the basis of Mass Effect is choice, so a movie which is a non-interactive media has no real choice apart from the choice the director had. Therefore it is going to feel a bit unnatural watching a Shepard doing something that you're Shepard would never do (like hugging someone you wasnt planning to have sex with instead of shooting them in the face and teabagging them ).

Side note: My Shepard was tough but fair lol just kidding he was douche! =]

I want a renegade Shepard for this movie because the paragon choices seem too nice. Yvonne better be playing Miranda the romance scenes will be very nice

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:51   Link #26
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Renegede female Shepard plz. Most badass game character ever. This is the proof that the female Shepard is superior in mass bitchiness..Ah I want that voice.

Well, I don't think the female Shepard is better than the male one. But I *do* think her voice acting is better in Mass Effect than her voice acting in Star Wars: Jedi Academy as the female Jaden Korr.

Just for reference:

This is more or less the male equivalent, though some of the scenes are different.

Spoiler for something complete irrelevant:

My favorite quote:
Shepard: I was only MOSTLY dead. Try finding that option on government paperwork.
Old 2010-06-02, 01:21   Link #27
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I want to see Garrus the most (other then Tali and Shepard.)

I don't think they will butcher it as much as they could, but I'm certain they will be cutting edges on this... I'm almost certain they will take out content. Then again it may not even be The Normandy Mass Effect and maybe just some other Mass Effect

My opniion: It's not Mass Effect without The Normandy.

I really hope they do get Seth Green as Joker though. That'd be so awesome.

Meh... They will get to a Dragon Age movie eventually? Pretty certain they will touch on it one day. Until then we got a ME movie that may or may not live up to our expectations.

EDIT:

Quote:
The question remains whether or not they would have Shepard be paragon or renegade
Renegade is probably the majority vote. I'm probably one of the few that think Paragon is cool. (Then again... I'm idealistic.)

I'm pretty sure they will make him 'soldier class', since canonically that is what his class is.

Quote:
Choices: A) Comfort her
B) Walk away
C) Her guard is down! Do her now! Do her now! (PICK THIS OPTION!!!
)

B) if everyone but Tali. A) if Tali,

C) if EDI
Spoiler for A bit of a dirty joke:

I think that'd be too advanced actually. I'd love to see it but I doubt it'd work out. If that does happen I'm waiting for the DVD then. I'm not going to a theatre with the choices being (Just examples)

Spoiler for Nsfw:

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-06-02 at 01:31.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 10:21   Link #28
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's a game. Being made into a movie.

It is cursed, doomed, fated to suck horribly.
Old 2010-06-23, 10:49   Link #29
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

There has never, in the history of human existence, been a good video game movie or a good MMORPG.

I wish they'd just stop trying and stop fucking up a good game's reputation as a result.
Old 2010-06-23, 11:41   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
There has never, in the history of human existence, been a good video game movie or a good MMORPG.

I wish they'd just stop trying and stop fucking up a good game's reputation as a result.
i wish morons would stop thinking a game is ruined because someone made a movie about it and just say the movie sucks.

and I wish people would stop compairing the genders of shepard. both their voice acting suck. but i just think female sheps voice sucks more because of her acting. some of her lines are so damn dull and horrible. where the male shepard tries to hard and ends up sounding like a robot.(actually they both do)

and if they do make this movie. shepard better be a girl. or what would the point of using the default male shepard in all the commercials?
Old 2010-06-23, 16:56   Link #31
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Humans look at the bad before the good, dude. You get one bad entry into a franchise and the whole franchise takes a reputation hit.

I got lots of friends who won't even play any new (or old) Final Fantasy title because FF8 sucked so hard.
Old 2010-06-23, 17:40   Link #32
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Humans look at the bad before the good, dude. You get one bad entry into a franchise and the whole franchise takes a reputation hit.
True, some people completely switched off of Sonic because of the Shadow the hedgehog game, a lot of people lose faith in an entire franchise because of one bad game because they lose faith in the franchise or it could be their first time and it doesnt give them the image they want to and refuse to try it again.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 19:58   Link #33
Seitsuki
Onee!

I don't care either way as long as they capture the awesome (which many game movies fail to do.) The reason lots of *fps* movies fail I think is that they try and fit in a good plot/characters/etc and don't do the action properly (Doom, Far Cry, etcetcetc) and in the end fail at everything. Mass Effect is on a much larger scale and has the potential to be EPIC (especially when the Arcturus fleet warped in en mass and started kicking ass, also my favorite scene).

hopefully this will go well.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:59   Link #34
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
True, some people completely switched off of Sonic because of the Shadow the hedgehog game, a lot of people lose faith in an entire franchise because of one bad game because they lose faith in the franchise or it could be their first time and it doesnt give them the image they want to and refuse to try it again.
Oh man don't even get me STARTED on this, I have so many hardcore Sonic fan friends who did a massive Face Heel Turn when that game hit the shelves.

World of Warcraft has basically ruined Warcraft for me as a whole, despite having enjoyed the hell out of WC3.
Old 2010-06-24, 12:03   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
they ruined sonic when they gave him a sword and a werewolf form =\
Quote:

I got lots of friends who won't even play any new (or old) Final Fantasy title because FF8 sucked so hard.
how? i happen to think FF8 was better than 7

btw, no offence but your friends are quite stupid. not that they hated FF8
Old 2010-06-24, 12:45   Link #36
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

FF8 could have been a great game, but it totally failed on so many levels.
Old 2010-06-24, 16:23   Link #37
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

You should have guessed that people would be pessimistic in a thread about a video game being made into a movie. Granted the offtopic stuffs shouldn't be in here (my apologies for that) but not everyone is going to be happy that they're making a movie of a decent RPG series.

This thread fails to deliver.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:33   Link #38
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i wish morons would stop thinking a game is ruined because someone made a movie about it and just say the movie sucks.

and I wish people would stop compairing the genders of shepard. both their voice acting suck. but i just think female sheps voice sucks more because of her acting. some of her lines are so damn dull and horrible. where the male shepard tries to hard and ends up sounding like a robot.(actually they both do)

and if they do make this movie. shepard better be a girl. or what would the point of using the default male shepard in all the commercials?
For one thing, all of the movies based on video games HAVE sucked. I thought Chronicles of Riddick were *okay*, but most people didn't like it. But other movies like Mortal Combat were complete and utter shit. If Hollywood wants us to believe that they can make a video game-based movies that doesn't blow, they have to PROVE IT FIRST.

And both voice actors were fine. If you didn't like the Mass Effect voice acting, then you show that you know absolutely nothing. I laugh at the idea that you clearly think that you could do better. The voice acting was fantastic, an improvement over other Bioware games like KOTOR, which were already great.

If they make Mass Effect, Shepard will probably be male BECAUSE he's male in the commercials. Durr durr. Advertisement continuity?
Old 2010-06-25, 16:12   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol wait, I ment to say "better NOT be" XD total mind fart there.

If you don't want to watch the movie then don't. and if anyone belives they can stop them from making it or make somethin better, by all means go ahead and try and I'll wait to see it fail harder than the one you try to outdo.