AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 04:25   Link #401
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

actually think of it this way

a human spends 1/3 of his day asleep

while cats spends more than or less 2/3 of their day asleep

lucchini is is kinda like a cat in traits so im not suprised that after that improper waking up she is all groggy
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 04:59   Link #402
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
actually think of it this way

a human spends 1/3 of his day asleep

while cats spends more than or less 2/3 of their day asleep

lucchini is is kinda like a cat in traits so im not suprised that after that improper waking up she is all groggy
Hmm, you just reminded me, have you ever been with a cat when it goes to sleep, and then wakes up? I always loved to observe this, and from what I've seen, they do have this drunk like behaviour after waking up. Sometimes though, the first thing they'll do is try to get your attention for some food

Let's see, Lucchini-chan did cause a mishap before right after waking up. In uh, what episode was that when Shirley broke the sound barrier, Lucchini apparently broke Shirley's Striker. So yeah, her sleep does affect her performance right afterwards.

Now, how do you power her up? Easy! Just let her take a bath, and then steal her pantsu, then voila! She's in Maniac Mode
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:00   Link #403
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm, you just reminded me, have you ever been with a cat when it goes to sleep, and then wakes up? I always loved to observe this, and from what I've seen, they do have this drunk like behaviour after waking up. Sometimes though, the first thing they'll do is try to get your attention for some food

Let's see, Lucchini-chan did cause a mishap before right after waking up. In uh, what episode was that when Shirley broke the sound barrier, Lucchini apparently broke Shirley's Striker. So yeah, her sleep does affect her performance right afterwards.

Now, how do you power her up? Easy! Just let her take a bath, and then steal her pantsu, then voila! She's in Maniac Mode
lol

amen dude amen heheheh no comment here
Old 2010-08-03, 08:21   Link #404
Ryan-minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
just wondering ~_~ is there any where that i can read SW manga such as strike witches 1.5??
The Strike Witches 1.5 manga is on MangaTen it and the Strike Witches Maidens of the Sky manga can be found on MangaFox
Ryan-minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 22:24   Link #405
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP was released today. The OST and the ED album (we're only halfway done with "Over Sky", after all) release in September, and it mentions something else in November. I'm expecting more character songs, but I hope for those for any series.

As for the OP itself, very nice. The lyrics are uplifting, the melody hummable and the orchestra version is probably even better than the TV series version. I hope they find a chance to get it into the series itself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:18   Link #406
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Put it this way, Mangatron. I've been trying to find some way of getting a Minna plushie. If you end up getting one before I do, I swear I'll find some way to suffocate you in your sleep.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:08   Link #407
Wrath88
Kissing...

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a Minna dakimakura. So far there's:
Yoshika, Lynne, Sanya, Trudy, Shirley, Perrine, Mio and Francesca.

Fran's one is nearly like Sanya's.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:21   Link #408
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Put it this way, Mangatron. I've been trying to find some way of getting a Minna plushie. If you end up getting one before I do, I swear I'll find some way to suffocate you in your sleep.
well you dont have to wait i will just mail him a plushie and a dakimakura
Old 2010-08-04, 13:33   Link #409
Ryan-minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post

if you don't know this they're coming out with Erica and Trude
Ryan-minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 14:34   Link #410
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh after reading many many many shankaku news about banning of lolis and stuff and other bad publicity stuff

i am now wondering will we be even able to enjoy good anime these days?? or will we forced to bow down to those FCUKINGRETARDS who does not know how to use Child blocks or Ip blocks
Old 2010-08-04, 17:50   Link #411
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
"You only get one shot at life, why waste it on sleep" -Gustav Graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post

Eila-chan get's shafted? Heh.... they should've done a 2 for 1 with Sanya-chan

Eila-chan will need her own episode in order to garner some merch
Old 2010-08-04, 18:28   Link #412
Midonin
Last Engage

A world that's similar to Earth, but not quite. Magic is common. Under the guidance of her elders, the youngest, most innocent member of a team goes out on an errand and ends up helping a person that they didn't realize was important and earns a reward of food in the process, despite thinking they've failed. Someone finds a cat.

Am I describing Shukufuku no Campanella episode five, or Strike Witches 2, episode five?

Nice to have Charlotte in the spotlight for one more week, as well as Lucchini getting her first major focus episode in the franchise. Some of the landscapes were gorgeous this week, but that's Rome for you. Memories of ARIA. Um, again. Other great moments include "Super Lucchni Kick!" and Shirley's idea of Barkhorn in a frilly pink dress. As well as truck stunts that you should not try at home.

Next week: Sanya/Eila focuser, once more.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:17   Link #413
ElizLestrad

I thought this was really interesting and cool so I thought I'd post it here, but I was surprised how many of the Strike Witches were based off of actual (and in fact some of the best) pilots of World War 2:

(In order of confirmed kills / combat victories if you prefer)

Erica Hartmann
Based off of: Erich Hartmann (Aka: The Black Devil, Ace of Aces) (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 352
Special Note: Dubbed the "Ace of Aces", Hartmann was and is the best and highest ranking pilot in the history of aerial combat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Hartmann

"In March 1944, Erich Hartmann, Gerhard Barkhorn, Walter Krupinski and Johannes Wiese were summoned to Adolf Hitler's Berghof in Berchtesgaden. Barkhorn was to be honoured with the Swords, while Hartmann, Krupinski and Wiese were to receive the Oak Leaves to the Knight's Cross. On the train, all four of them got drunk on cognac and champagne. Supporting each other and unable to stand, they arrived at Berchtesgaden. Major Nicolaus von Below, Hitler's Luftwaffe adjutant, was shocked. After some sobering up, Hartmann was still intoxicated. Hartmann took a German officer hat from a stand and put it on, but it was too large. Von Below became upset, told Hartmann it was Hitler's and ordered him to put it back."
(Remind anyone of Season 1 Episode 7?)

Gertrud Barkhorn
Based off of: Gerhard Barkhorn (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 301
Special Note: Erich Hartmann's best friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Barkhorn

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
Based off of: Wolf-Dietrich Wilcke (GERMANY)
Combat Victories: 162
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf-Dietrich_Wilcke

Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen
Based off of: Eino Ilmari Juutilainen (FINLAND)
Combat Victories: 94.17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilmari_Juutilainen

Mio Sakamoto
Based off of: Saburo Sakai (JAPAN)
Combat Victories: 64
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saburo_Sakai

Yoshika Miyafuji
Based off of: Kaneyoshi Mutoh (JAPAN)
Combat Victories: 26

Perrine H. Closterman
Based off of: Pierre H. Closterman (FRANCE)
Combat Victories: 26
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Clostermann

Franchesca Luchinni
Based off of: Franco Lucchini (ITALY)
Combat Victories: 21

Charlotte E. Yeager
Based off of: Charles E. Yeager (USA)
Combat Victories: 11.5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_E._Yeager

Sanya V. Litvyak
Based off of: Lidia Litvyak (USSR)
Combat Victories: No data found *Cries* (She didnt make the Aces list)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
Special Note: Disappeared on August 1, 1943 after only her 4th sortie. Believed to have been shot down near Stalingrad.

Combat victory data found at: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/aces/aces.htm#wwii

Makes me wonder what half of them would think of this series...LoL

Hartmann & Barkhorn ftw!

Last edited by ElizLestrad; 2010-08-04 at 19:38.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 22:55   Link #414
mangatron

Episode 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Am I describing Shukufuku no Campanella episode five, or Strike Witches 2, episode five?
It was twin tail shopping week

Except one forgot the meat while the other splurged on someone else's fun

Quote:
Nice to have Charlotte in the spotlight for one more week, as well as Lucchini getting her first major focus episode in the franchise. Some of the landscapes were gorgeous this week, but that's Rome for you. Memories of ARIA. Um, again. Other great moments include "Super Lucchni Kick!" and Shirley's idea of Barkhorn in a frilly pink dress. As well as truck stunts that you should not try at home.
Haha... Trudy in a dress was truly a masterpiece

Now... once again I saw things differently from the norm. First of all, it was funny seeing Trudy go all dere dere when Miyafuji was asking around for the shopping list, and then Miyafuji turns around to Perrine-chan and she goes all tsun tsun

Next, Eila so has the hots for Sanya-chan, what with the requirements of red and black wait, did she just get a Neuroi pillow? I want one now

Ok, this riles me to no end. Them 3 witches go out to town.... with no pants or skirt! What the blazes? A girl was running about town exposing her striped pantsu! Not to mention the little kiddies hanging around Lucchini-chan, at their height they had the perfect angle! ARRRGH! Why wasn't I in town during this time

By the way, when Shirley asked you to hold the bag, she didn't mean bring it to central park and then all over town. Bad Lucchini-chan! Get on my lap so I can spanky spank you

See, she was a little sleepy, but when danger arises, she rises to the challenge! Oh..... how does one get bandaged after being kicked by a girl that way? At least a few bruises but I've never seen one require bandages

This marks the second time Lucchini carries the buckets. Except.... she was wearing pantsu! Hahaha oh darn.....

Will we finally get our Eila-chan ep next week? Hmm... I wonder if anyone claimed her. Ah heck, I can have as much as I want! I now declare Eila-chan the property of the mangatron! Whahahahahahaha *SMASH* (the mangatron gets pummeled by Minna-chan)
Old 2010-08-05, 00:55   Link #415
Ryalynn

Those "Roman Holiday" references were really nice. Gotta love Audrey Hepburn movies.
Ryalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:31   Link #416
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Slightly yawns at the previous episode... Rome looks pretty though

It's 100% confirmed, all women in their world don't wear skirts at all... or whatever.. unless they are toddlers, grannies or part of Monarchy. ^

Women and girls walk around in undies while in the city.

Doesn't matter if they are witches or not, Panties are the shorts and pants in their world ^ sheesh

Anyone know what the Neuroi over Rome was based from?

Quote:
Now... once again I saw things differently from the norm. First of all, it was funny seeing Trudy go all dere dere when Miyafuji was asking around for the shopping list, and then Miyafuji turns around to Perrine-chan and she goes all tsun tsun
See? Trude was a potential Tsundere all along since the end Episode 4 of Strike Witches 1 =D

Quote:
Ok, this riles me to no end. Them 3 witches go out to town.... with no pants or skirt! What the blazes? A girl was running about town exposing her striped pantsu! Not to mention the little kiddies hanging around Lucchini-chan, at their height they had the perfect angle! ARRRGH! Why wasn't I in town during this time
Well it was kind of reasonable for them, since they are officially Witches on Standby.
They actually brought their Striker Units with them... as opposed to the civilian ladies and girls in town who aren't really witches... ^^;

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-05 at 02:41.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:45   Link #417
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Doesn't matter if they are witches or not, Panties are the shorts and pants in their world ^ sheesh

Well it was kind of reasonable for them, since they are officially Witches on Standby.
They actually brought their Striker Units with them... as opposed to the civilian ladies and girls in town who aren't really witches... ^^;
It was a joke, ergo for once in my life I want to see what a town of pantsu is like IRL (this is like the first time they go to town, ja?)

Quote:
Anyone know what the Neuroi over Rome was based from?
I have no idea, but I've been bothered by something. Lately, these Neuroi are lazy. They aren't regenerating. What's the matter, only the big fish can regen? NOOOOOOoooooo so much for my prediction

Quote:
See? Trude was a potential Tsundere all along since the end Episode 4 of Strike Witches 1 =D
You know, speaking of Perrine-chan, I like how she's made a nice fit into the trio of Lynne, Miyafuji and Perrine-chan. See what a good sleep in the same bed can do for friendship?
Old 2010-08-05, 02:52   Link #418
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for ep5 - shopping!:

Quote:
Will we finally get our Eila-chan ep next week? Hmm... I wonder if anyone claimed her. Ah heck, I can have as much as I want! I now declare Eila-chan the property of the mangatron! Whahahahahahaha *SMASH* (the mangatron gets pummeled by Minna-chan)
dam, guess I'm late on this. well, you already have Minna-chan, having too many girls is not good for your health, so I'll take Eila away from you. (along with a Hartmann 2x1 bonus).
Trust me, it's all for the greater good.

Quote:
I have no idea, but I've been bothered by something. Lately, these Neuroi are lazy. They aren't regenerating. What's the matter, only the big fish can regen? NOOOOOOoooooo so much for my prediction
a mangatron's prediction going wrong?! this is the end of the world as we know it, we're doomed.
Old 2010-08-05, 03:10   Link #419
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for ep5 - shopping!:
Oh thanks for the Italian lessons, I was hoping my ears weren't going batty

And Lucchini is fine with anything as long as she can sleep on it

Quote:
dam, guess I'm late on this. well, you already have Minna-chan, having too many girls is not good for your health, so I'll take Eila away from you. (along with a Hartmann 2x1 bonus).
Trust me, it's all for the greater good.
Hmm.... you no get me joke? Me spell out for you?

Remember my earlier "chan"(heh) post about Sanya and Eila? Well, when I took Eila-chan..... I TOOK SANYA-CHAN TOO MWUHAHAHAHA SO IF YOU WANT TO TAKE MY EILA-CHAN AWAY FROM ME YOU'LL HAVE TO DUEL AGAINST THE SANYA-FANS TOO LOL

Quote:
a mangatron's prediction going wrong?! this is the end of the world as we know it, we're doomed.
I'm hoping there's a regenerating Neuroi next time. The second episode was sooooo ominous of the future fights, I really hope they [the writers] don't forget about the regeneration capabaility
Old 2010-08-05, 04:36   Link #420
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Note to self, don't let Lucchini look after my money.

Was pretty obvious that Maria was royalty after the first few scenes, though it was still a really nice episode. Best scene of course was seeing Barkhorn in that dress.

Oh and HARTMANN with the alarm clock at the end made me laugh quite a bit.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume