Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 16:59   Link #1321
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Does not matter, if they are releasing Manga vol 3, the novel might be around the corner. But the fact that they are using far to much time is still there
That's because Viz is trying to release the novel issue with the corresponding manga issue number, and that will cause a hindrance to the US market in general because the manga hasn't gotten that far yet.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 07:28   Link #1322
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Seriously, who cares about the manga?

Last time I checked it was nothing but anime on paper.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 10:34   Link #1323
Iggy_Pop

Anybody knows when vol. 17th of the novel is coming out?
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 12:50   Link #1324
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Now I will write awfully long post. Don't know if I should spoil some of things I write. But if any ones find something that he believe should be hidden from normal people, please tell me by sending a PM or just reply.

Mod Edit: Moved to the novel thread.

Spoiler for Anime/novel comparison:

Any way, now I am quite so sick of writing, so I stop here. If any one is interested I can continue some other day.

I apologies for my poor English, if you don't like it, don't read it. I am trying my best, using both iespell check and other dictionary's.

Last edited by ZingFreelancer; 2008-05-12 at 17:28.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:55   Link #1325
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:

Oh? When was it you last checked, then, if you ever did?

I have three volumes of the manga here with me, and the events are actually linked more closely to the novel material than anime. Go check again, friend.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 07:31   Link #1326
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Anybody knows when vol. 17th of the novel is coming out?
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko0806.php#new1 - a shana novel comes out on the 10th june, but its SII not 17. I wish it was 17!
Lion and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 12:23   Link #1327
oompa loompa

can anyone provide me a link to summary's or descriptions of the novels? i cant find any anywhere..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:59   Link #1328
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Quote:

Agreed. Wilhelmina and Margery Daw did not even appear in the manga. It's somewhat of an adaptation of the movie.

I must say, it would be really disappointing if Viz drops the novel. I really don't want Shana to suffer the same fate as Kino no Tabi. It would be just unreasonable. The good thing is that we don't know if Viz is dropping it or not. We'll just wait till June.
Ketchup11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 15:50   Link #1329
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup11 View Post
Agreed. Wilhelmina and Margery Daw did not even appear in the manga. It's somewhat of an adaptation of the movie.
Wrong. The manga is still continuing, and it has just reached Margery's appearance.
Old 2008-05-23, 16:11   Link #1330
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wrong. The manga is still continuing, and it has just reached Margery's appearance.
Sweet. What chapter?
Ketchup11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 16:16   Link #1331
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup11 View Post
Sweet. What chapter?
Can't remember the chapter number (don't have access to my home computer at the moment), but Margery just appeared at the very end of it.
Old 2008-05-23, 18:21   Link #1332
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:

Perhaps same could be said of all manga. But enough talk, have at you!
Old 2008-05-24, 03:26   Link #1333
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

the manga is currently at chapter 30. Is right after the Shana and Magrey's first meeting. And generally when any light novel gets adapted to an manga and/or anime form It flows out like this in my opinion. Novel>manga>anime.
Anime adaption is generally plagued with either dives in animation quality or fillers. Novel and mangas have the benefits of being able to convey the story and plot better than an anime(however the cost of this is of course time, manga and novels are far too slow) and both excels at showing the readers the character's inner thoughts when compared to its respective anime form. However like all things in this world there are exceptions to this , because i have seen several manga adaptions fall short of their anime counterpart. although i still have not found an anime adaption of a light novel that has outdone the novel or whatever its based from.

And damn, i really can't wait for vol17 to arrive. I finally managed to finish all the shana novels so i m all giddy about it right now. I WANT more damn it!!!!!
ok ok gotta stop the rant............orz

As for vol16 one of my favorite part was when yuji came back to the city and as he strolled through the city he came across all the landmark and locations that are important to him and how he speak so nostalgically of them. The new Yuji talk and act just like the old yuji. except now there is an distinct air of confidence and power surrounding him. Yuji now is truly a man with a goal and the power to achieve it. And as for the whole confession thing yuji was a bit rough on the sides but it was the most logical thing for him to do in his situation. For all her willpower, shana sure as hell was falling for yuji's words during those moments. I suppose Shana should just give up trying to talk Yuji out of the "dark side"or even killing him because at the current rate it seems to me that yuji would have a higher chance of convincing Shana to his side. thus Yuji would Kill two birds with one stone; having his love interest plus Keeping and essentially controlling one of the few beings that are a threat to him is a brilliant and devious move(using Shana's love for him to make sure Alastor is of no threat to his plans) befitting of the new dark Yuji. And at the end of this you can't but feel sorry for Yoshida as she seriously got the end of the stick in this one(although that chinese flame-Haze during the earlier part of Vol 16 got "the end of the stick" quite literally XD), the word despair sums up Yoshida really well, almost made me cry("almost" because i was so giddy fantasizing what the new and improved Yuji is gonna do to Shana. lol must not think dirty thoughts........)

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2008-05-24 at 05:12.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 04:22   Link #1334
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
And damn, i really can't wait for vol17 to arrive. I finally managed to finish all the shana novels so i m all giddy about it right now. I WANT more damn it!!!!!
I say blame Noizi Ito!!
The longest gap between releases of novels for both Haruhi and SnS must be caused by something
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 18:37   Link #1335
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
It flows out like this in my opinion. Novel>manga>anime.
I've never read any of the novels, but that's pretty much the same for me.

manga > movie >>> season two >>>>>>>>>>>>> season one

SII preview summary (source):
Quote:
  清秋祭を半月後に控えた御崎市。シャナの奇妙な行動を不審に思ったヴィルヘルミナが、悠二を帯同させ尾行を 開始した。果たしてシャナが隠す秘密とは? まだ悠二とシャナが通じ合っていた頃の物語『ドミ サイル』。
  鉄面皮のフレイムヘイズ・ヴィルヘルミナが、陽気できまぐれなミステスと“紅世の王”のコンビ――『約束の 二人』の『永遠の恋人』ヨーハンと“彩瓢”フィレスと出会う契機となった物語『ヤーニング』。
  そして「コミック電撃大王」マンガ版シャナ作画・笹倉綾人とのコラボレーションで贈る、新米フレイムヘイズ だったシャナの奮闘記『ゾートロープ』。
  本編を補完するストーリー3本立てに加え、もちろん巻末にはあの“紅世の王”と人形型“燐子”も登場、短編 集『S』シリーズ第2弾!
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 23:30   Link #1336
setsuke

Someone should make this tread avtive a little, it seems dead for almost a month. How bout answering to my question whether someone have read Shakugan no SHANA SII and could tell us what is the content? That would be helpful.
Old 2008-06-23, 04:08   Link #1337
randombum

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuke View Post
Someone should make this tread avtive a little, it seems dead for almost a month. How bout answering to my question whether someone have read Shakugan no SHANA SII and could tell us what is the content? That would be helpful.
You know, I wish I could tell you, since I did buy the book, but I'm one of those noobs who don't know Japanese. Haha, kind of makes you wonder why I bought the book in the first place (motivation to study Japanese?)...

The last portion of the novel is called "Zoetrope", with Chapter 4 of it being a manga chapter illustrated by 笹倉綾人 (who did the Shana manga series). Chapter 2 of it seems to be a 4-koma.

That's about all I can say, and I can't even guarantee that it's right... I'm pretty useless... ><

Here's a couple of random images. Sorry about the quality. My camera is so old... it doesn't function well under low lighting.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-23, 18:26   Link #1338
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombum View Post
You know, I wish I could tell you, since I did buy the book, but I'm one of those noobs who don't know Japanese. Haha, kind of makes you wonder why I bought the book in the first place (motivation to study Japanese?)...

The last portion of the novel is called "Zoetrope", with Chapter 4 of it being a manga chapter illustrated by 笹倉綾人 (who did the Shana manga series). Chapter 2 of it seems to be a 4-koma.

That's about all I can say, and I can't even guarantee that it's right... I'm pretty useless... ><

Here's a couple of random images. Sorry about the quality. My camera is so old... it doesn't function well under low lighting.

Spoiler:

This is like A) Shoot your self in the foot or B) Learn Japanese
Now I cant answear what would be best...

It is almost the end of June and I am pissed. I want to read the third novel!!
Old 2008-06-24, 14:05   Link #1339
randombum

Quote:
This is like A) Shoot your self in the foot or B) Learn Japanese
Now I cant answear what would be best...

It is almost the end of June and I am pissed. I want to read the third novel!!
I'd say it's both haha ^^;

At least being Chinese can help me out in learning Japanese... I hope. xD
Old 2008-06-24, 21:59   Link #1340
setsuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombum View Post

Spoiler:
Thanks for the pic, too bad it's too blur to read the line that Shana is saying haha. Well lets just hope there will be someone to tell us. Too bad i cant get the book in my area T.T

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen