AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-18, 00:58   Link #701
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Spoiler for Shou:

frubam, not turning him down is worse actually. Because she strings him along giving him another angst fest as she is obviously still not over with her past and what is worse not even opening the door for him.

She strings him just like she is stringing Negishi. She just cannot find any honesty in her. Yes sad past and all that. but it is really not excuse to not be honest with someone who is considered to be your friend, because you just end up hurting them more.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 04:48   Link #702
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Not turning him down yet is even worse. Now he's left confused, with memories of her defending her ex in his mind, while she hardly reacted to him getting hit. Yuki's obviously not ready for a relationship, but she can't bring herself to give him the solid answer that he deserves. I know she has a bad past, but that's no real excuse.
True. She is playing with his feelings, even if she is unaware of it, she's acting like a b...ch. Yes, she was hurt, as far as we know, she is the only person in this manga, who was really hurt. Rest of characters, including Shou and Utsumi have just a minor emotional problems. But that doesn't give her right to hurt others.

Quote:
As for 28...

Spoiler:
I disagree. What happened to her is not so different from what she has done to Utsumi. Unless you want to say, that on emotional level, finding someones panties is more painful than being ditched on a day of yours date because yours beloved decided to go with someone else. She deserved it.
My future opinion about her depends if she will try to use Utsumi as a rebound bf or not.

I agree with Darknemo2000, GE looks like josei/smut manga, but from the view point of a guy. The good guy, always loosing, or at "best" being the second or even third choice of a girl.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 05:04   Link #703
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
True. She is playing with his feelings, even if she is unaware of it, she's acting like a b...ch. Yes, she was hurt, as far as we know, she is the only person in this manga, who was really hurt. Rest of characters, including Shou and Utsumi have just a minor emotional problems. But that doesn't give her right to hurt others.

I disagree. What happened to her is not so different from what she has done to Utsumi. Unless you want to say, that on emotional level, finding someones panties is more painful than being ditched on a day of yours date because yours beloved decided to go with someone else. She deserved it.
My future opinion about her depends if she will try to use Utsumi as a rebound bf or not.

I agree with Darknemo2000, GE looks like josei/smut manga, but from the view point of a guy. The good guy, always loosing, or at "best" being the second or even third choice of a girl.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-18, 10:12   Link #704
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

chapter 28: 'What goes around, goes around, goes around, comes all the way back around' ♪

sorry, couldn't help it

Quote:
but it was a mistake and she felt really bad about it
so what? it doesn't change anything. it not an excuse. what she did was pretty fuckd up!

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2010-03-18 at 10:23.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:12   Link #705
wingman32x

Quote:
The whole situation for shou was damned if she did, damned if she didn't. Okay, let's say that Shou said, in that text message, what she said to him at the tennis store. I GUARUNTEE that people would have called her a coward and a bitch for telling him through text message. So, I ask you, If shou did the situation above instead of having Utsumi find out, would you be any less offended? Because to me, so seem quite bitter at the fact that Shou decided to date Keito. If this is the wrong assumption, then I apologize. But I really can't blame her. Shou wasn't sure about her feelings twords Utsumi. Also, we're talking about the guy she's loved for YEARS. How can you not expect her to choose Keito? It was a golden opportunity for her, and I think any girl in Shou's position would do something similar. Now, I still think that Shou should have gone on that date with Utsumi first before commiting to Keito, but I understand why she started dating him right after he asked. It was a difficult situation for her, either way.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:14   Link #706
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Shou is shallow, she chased after good looks and popularity.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 10:29   Link #707
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
right, why did she like him in the first place? it seems she barely even talked with him..

guess it exactly like what you said..
Old 2010-03-18, 10:37   Link #708
wingman32x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
right, why did she like him in the first place? it seems she barely even talked with him..

guess it exactly like what you said..

Sounds similar, don't it? Utsumi did nearly the exact same thing at first. Yet you're only bashing Shou...

Think about it. Both were freshman that loved their senpai in the tennis club. Both liked their crushes based in part on their looks. So, what is the difference, and why is what shou did so much worse than what Utsumi initally did?

Last edited by wingman32x; 2010-03-18 at 10:59.
Old 2010-03-18, 10:57   Link #709
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Don't post links to manga sites, just a heads up so you won't get banned.

Shou isn't the most attractive or popular girl. Utsumi was attracted to her personality, how she's a seemingly bundle of sunshine. If she was some ultra hot chick that every guy wants to drop their pants for than yeah I'd agree with you. When you like someone they are automatically the most gorgeous person to you.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:00   Link #710
wingman32x

Quote:
Don't post links to manga sites, just a heads up so you won't get banned.

Shou isn't the most attractive or popular girl. Utsumi was attracted to her personality, how she's a seemingly bundle of sunshine. If she was some ultra hot chick that every guy wants to drop their pants for than yeah I'd agree with you. When you like someone they are automatically the most gorgeous person to you.
Sorry. I didn't know, I won't do it again.

I guess, but that page seemed to be him admiring her physically, but oh well.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:03   Link #711
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post

Sounds similar, don't it? Utsumi did nearly the exact same thing at first. Yet you're only bashing Shou...

Think about it. Both were freshman that loved their senpai in the tennis club. Both liked their crushes based in part on their looks. So, what is the difference, and why is what shou did so much worse than what Utsumi initally did?
It's not. I'm pretty certain if she met Utsumi face to face and rejected him, people would still be angry at her, just because she rejected him at all.

I find the logic funny. People are rejected every day, in many different ways, but it doesn't make them evil, heartless or shallow like a lot people seem to believe about Shou. It's like she's not allowed to have her own feelings. The world doesn't revolve around Utsumi.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:10   Link #712
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
It's not. I'm pretty certain if she met Utsumi face to face and rejected him, people would still be angry at her, just because she rejected him at all.

I find the logic funny. People are rejected every day, in many different ways, but it doesn't make them evil, heartless or shallow like a lot people seem to believe about Shou. It's like she's not allowed to have her own feelings. The world doesn't revolve around Utsumi.
In the world of GE it does

I have nothing against her liking her senpai, that's not the problem for me. It's the fact that shes crawling back to Utsumi after getting burned is what bothers me, sorry that sort of crap don't go right with me.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:20   Link #713
wingman32x

Quote:
In the world of GE it does

I have nothing against her liking her senpai, that's not the problem for me. It's the fact that shes crawling back to Utsumi after getting burned is what bothers me, sorry that sort of crap don't go right with me.
Oh, I don't like it too much either, but if Utsumi accepts her advances, than he deserves equal blame, too. But I don't think it will come to that. Either Utsumi says no, or something happens that derails Shou. Personally, I want the UtsumiXRisa relationship to develop during this Rare Yuki downtime.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:36   Link #714
Arturro

@wingman32x @KLGChaos - have I said she is a bad girl or that she had no right to choose her sempai? No I didn't.
Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
I couldn't agree more.

Old 2010-03-18, 11:46   Link #715
wingman32x

Quote:
@wingman32x @KLGChaos - have I said she is a bad girl or that she had no right to choose her sempai? No I didn't.
Spoiler for just in case:

I couldn't agree more.
I'll ask you again, what if she HAD gave him word? What if she explained the situation over that text message, would you still be pissed off. Also, it should be said that part of that post wasn't directed to you, but at the shou haters in this thread, so I apologize for the confusion. Also, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize for not knowing everybody's tendancies and what they've posted. What you said in spoilers I never knew you posted.

About Shou crawling back after she's been burned, I agree with you there. It doesn't sit right with me the best either. However, I'll be pissed at Utsumi more if he accepts her.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:51   Link #716
KLGChaos
The Shermain

We haven't seen her crawl back to Utsumi at all.

Spoiler:

@Arturro:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-18, 11:54   Link #717
wingman32x

Quote:
We haven't seen her crawl back to Utsumi at all.

Spoiler:
I'm talking about when it inevitably happens. I mean, I think it's only a matter of time. I would be shocked if it didn't happen.
Old 2010-03-18, 12:06   Link #718
Arturro

@wingman32x @KLGChaos - I'm not pissed at her (yet). I'll be pissed if she will use Utsumi as rebound bf. So far it's looking that way, but it may not happen (considering unspoken rule of this manga - everybody is kicking Utsumi - I don't have much hope).
How long Shou was with her sempai? Not long. To create a bond you need time. I agree being cheated on is more usually more painful than being turned down. Considering Shou and her semapi are a fresh couple and a way she turned down (or rather ditched) Utsumi IMHO there is no difference on emotional level between pain Utsumi and Shou are feeling.

Old 2010-03-18, 15:56   Link #719
kaito-kid

Quote:
Both liked their crushes based in part on their looks
you should probably read the manga again...
Old 2010-03-18, 16:09   Link #720
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
you should probably read the manga again...
"She's so beautiful"

That's the first thing Utsumi says in the manga while looking at shou through binaculars. How does that NOT Utsumi admiring her looks? I said IN PART, I know that he also likes her for her enthusiasm for tennis. But to say Utsumi wasn't attracted to Shou on in a physical sense, even partly, is wrong.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi