AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-31, 02:56   Link #81
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
;o; Blah..Season 1 boxset has a very screwed up release date..first it was July, August, then October..what's next?
Not sure what you mean. The first Slayers boxset was released last week and is now available as far as I'm aware.

Slayers, Boxset 1. All 26episodes for under $23, release date 21st Aug 2007.

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-01 at 06:08. Reason: Corrected error on price
Old 2007-08-31, 18:02   Link #82
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I think you misread the pricing there..."members save..." $17.98, or so, not the cost. $39.98 is the actual cost.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=809273

And you can buy it on Amazon, too

http://www.amazon.com/Slayers-Comple...8601332&sr=8-1

for $34.99!! Save even more.

And season two is out in Dec.
Old 2007-09-01, 06:07   Link #83
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
I think you misread the pricing there..."members save..." $17.98, or so, not the cost. $39.98 is the actual cost.
Yes, I did indeed read the wrong figure but still, it's a lot, lot cheaper that Amazon. I should have said that the price is $22.56 instead of $17.98

If you order from DVDPacific, you become a member (or in other words, the concept of being a member is non-existent). You do not need to do anything to become a member at DVDPacific apart from just buying something from them. In addition, this discount of 43% isn't a special offer or anything, it's a standard discount they give on most items (I seem to remember it varies around 38 to 43%)

DVDPacific
Slayers, Boxset 1. $22.56, release date 21st Aug 2007.

Amazon
The Slayers - The Complete First Season. $34.99, release date 21st Aug 2007.
Old 2007-09-01, 14:43   Link #84
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

That new clip made me feel nostalgic hardcore.

T_T... this was my first real anime series as a kid...I want more! Curses!
Old 2007-09-02, 20:13   Link #85
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I guess I shouldn't trust RightStuf.com...Well the closest Anime store I know is Best Buy and their site says it was released last week (where the week before I saw it changed to october which was weird..) and under store pickup, it says unavailable. o-o

EDIT: Just came back from Best Buy and there was no sign of Slayers. o-o

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura

Last edited by Katsu Koneko; 2007-09-02 at 23:59.
Old 2007-10-26, 13:32   Link #86
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
I guess I shouldn't trust RightStuf.com...Well the closest Anime store I know is Best Buy and their site says it was released last week (where the week before I saw it changed to october which was weird..) and under store pickup, it says unavailable. o-o

EDIT: Just came back from Best Buy and there was no sign of Slayers. o-o
The best bet you could make would be....

EBAY.com- watch out though, their somtimes a fake item
suncoast.com- their pretty handy at coming across more dificult animes
samgoodies.com- their also prety handy....

though, it would probobly be best to see stores in person and have the pre-orderd.
Old 2007-10-26, 13:35   Link #87
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Not sure what you mean. The first Slayers boxset was released last week and is now available as far as I'm aware.

Slayers, Boxset 1. All 26episodes for under $23, release date 21st Aug 2007.
yea, I know what you mean, I pre-ordered the first season and it was supposed to come only a month later.... then....GRAAAAAAAAAAAA! three months more to wait!!!!!!!
Old 2007-10-26, 13:55   Link #88
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
The best bet you could make would be....

EBAY.com- watch out though, their somtimes a fake item
suncoast.com- their pretty handy at coming across more dificult animes
samgoodies.com- their also prety handy....

though, it would probobly be best to see stores in person and have the pre-orderd.
Well I can't buy online unless I get an amazon giftcard..though I don't have one right now. D:

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2008-03-04, 03:09   Link #89
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Recent discussion concerning the new Slayers TV series has been moved to it's own thread located in the Unaired forum.

Slayers 4th Season
Old 2008-03-05, 10:40   Link #90
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I have the originally released seasons 1, 2, 3....

Has anybody seen, compared the re-release clean-up version to the original DVD?? I know the DVD improved on the tapes (I remember a scene where Sword of Light was askew), but how clean is the new?
Old 2008-03-05, 19:56   Link #91
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
The video was cleaned up (say-about 10 to 15% improvement video wise) and the subs were redone-but other than that-if you have the originial CPM Slayers sets, there's really no need to get the re-released sets.
Old 2009-11-07, 20:23   Link #92
McLuna

Slayers

Hey, I may be new here, but I've been wondering ever since I started, Has anyone here heard of the Slayers anime series? Its hard to find people who know about it nowadays with all the newer animes tht have come out like Naruto and Bleach and so on...
Old 2009-11-07, 20:33   Link #93
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuna View Post
Hey, I may be new here, but I've been wondering ever since I started, Has anyone here heard of the Slayers anime series? Its hard to find people who know about it nowadays with all the newer animes tht have come out like Naruto and Bleach and so on...
I have. I watched the original, Next, Try, and one of the movies. Very good anime. Not one of my all-time favorites, but probably just below it for me.
Old 2009-11-07, 23:14   Link #94
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I remember Slayers fondly and also liked the 4th and 5th series that are generally despised. I found the movies and OVAs quite pointless though. Slayers is one of the best and best remembered action/comedy TV anime in the 90s, when this combination was more frequent than today, where comedy is more often paired with romance, harem, or slice of life (or any combination thereof) and action is more likely played straight (although this often results in unintended comedy).

But this belongs in the licensed forum, and I'm sure we already have a Slayers thread there.
Old 2009-11-08, 01:18   Link #95
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
In college, a guy across hall in the dorm had a Slayers poster. I always wanted to talk to him about it but never did. Way back then I was still in my infancy as an anime fan though.

I'd always wanted to watch it but never have. The other day I saw a really good deal for it (like 13 dollars for 26 episodes), so I bought both seasons. Whenever I finish everything on my plate, I'll finally get a chance to watch it.

I really tend to like slower base shows, but alot of my friends have tiny attention spans, so maybe it will work out better to watch it with them. They really like "Those who hunt elves" and things of that nature. Yeah, the animation won't be amazing since it is so old but it should be a fun time none the less.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:06   Link #96
McLuna

Yeah, the animation in about the first or second series wasn't very great, but the comedy and action and all -together awesomness of the show make up for the lack there of.
Old 2009-11-10, 21:57   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuna View Post
Yeah, the animation in about the first or second series wasn't very great, but the comedy and action and all -together awesomness of the show make up for the lack there of.
Yeah the real strength of this show was the ability to mix in comedy, action, and still be very serious when it was time for it. I think the animation is still nice and has aged well. The spells and effects still look nice even though the first couple seasons were made quite a while back.

Though I didn't really like the new ones that came out, overall Slayers still ranks as one of my favourites of all time.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:19   Link #98
McLuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah the real strength of this show was the ability to mix in comedy, action, and still be very serious when it was time for it. I think the animation is still nice and has aged well. The spells and effects still look nice even though the first couple seasons were made quite a while back.

Though I didn't really like the new ones that came out, overall Slayers still ranks as one of my favourites of all time.
Exactly, I wish mroe p[eople would watch some of the older anime, not thats tuff tht just came out(sort of) just imagine how awesome it would be if some fo the kids in highschool and middleschool actuallyo watched the stuff like slayers, i bet their view of a good anime would change
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy