AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 19:53   Link #221
X10A_Freedom

My understanding is that Americans in general are not into slice of life programs where "nothing" happens. I highly doubt ARIA actually gets licenced at all.

On the subject of RAWs, I can understand around 95% (the 5% that I can't understand mostly being mecha-tech-fantasy terminology) of Japanese at anime level! I'm still empty-handed...getting even giddier. I tend to be more of an "action" and "epic" person yet ARIA is still one of my all-time fav anime.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 20:05   Link #222
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Aria is like Maria-sama, nothing really goes on in them, but you can't stop watching and enjoying >.<

The thing i love about Aria is it's slowness, when im stressed out from hospital i just stick on aria and by the end of the first episode im all mellow and relaxed. Who needs stress counseling when you have Aria and friends

Speaking, off, think i'll go and do a marathon opf Aria....
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 20:06   Link #223
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
@NoSanninWa

Can you imagin if Your Mom subbed it >.< i think i'd have to carve my eyes out after a few minutes of thier *cough*attempt*cough* at subbing.
Osoroshii serifu kinshi

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 20:10   Link #224
X10A_Freedom

ARIA really warms up your heart and it's simply so pretty so I really love it. They should rip out the contents of the Tate Modern and replace it with Amano art!

"Marude mahou mitai" (It's like magic")
"Hazukashii serifu kinshii!!!"
Old 2008-01-14, 21:25   Link #225
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Could you imagine if Ayako subbed this? I'd go insane seeing their stupid japes picking on Aria. One :3 face and I'd go batshit insane.
Quote:
Can you imagin if Your Mom subbed it >.< i think i'd have to carve my eyes out after a few minutes of thier *cough*attempt*cough* at subbing.
LoL seeing both of you commenting on Ayako and Your Mom really makes me lmao.C'mon,their subs are not that bad after all,although there're always other group who can do it far more better than those 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
She said she was very sad about it, but one night she had a dream where Aria was happily chasing after Hime as usual, and seeing them both like that made her feel at ease. She knew that the two of them were together now and both happy.
Yeah yeah, I know I know. Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed.
I think we can spare Amano-sensei from that quote...she deserve and allowed to say something beautiful
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:35   Link #226
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

While i think Ayako has improved loads, Your Mom still suck, though i do watch them as a speed sub group, and replace their releases as soon as any other group releases. Look at their Heroic Age, not only was it full of mistranslations, but those stupid comments that they added through out the series was painful to watch.

Ayako were like that originally (but then they were the same group at one point im told, so it makes sense) but lately i've their releases have been growing better and better.

Usually, i wouldn't complain about YM (not to much atleast) but Aria is a show that deserves the utmost respect and care when its being subbed, Something CN have always done.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:57   Link #227
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, okay, I don't think that one little comment was meant to blossom into general sub-group bashing. This isn't the place for that sort of thing. Let's get back on-topic, shall we?

I also wanted to add, referring to the posts a ways up -- please don't post scans of the calendar, because it's for-sale, and people should buy it if they want to get the prints (just like we don't allow artbook scans either for the same reason). That being said, I think pictures would be okay (not to mention, they'll be a lot easier to take anyway, given how big the calendar is). If no one else gets around to it, I'll try to do it myself at some point, though I'd post them in the manga thread (like I did last year).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:09   Link #228
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

We arent really bashing groups, just comparing the quality of subs from the various groups

That said, i would soooo love to get my mitts on that calendar, where can i buy it, someone please PM me a link
Old 2008-01-14, 22:21   Link #229
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
That said, i would soooo love to get my mitts on that calendar, where can i buy it, someone please PM me a link
Well (might as well post it here in case anyone else is interested too), your best (though not cheapest) bet at this point will probably be Yahoo Auctions -- you can see that they're going for around 5000 Yen at the moment. You'd have to use an agent like Crescent or Masato. (You can get the 2007 calendar on auction or the Amazon Marketplace for around the same price, it seems.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 23:15   Link #230
Falkor

Episode 02 was simply beautiful. I’m starting to love the artwork of this show, especially the backgrounds used towards the end.

If I was to make a summary about this episode, I would say it’s not going to be more than two lines.
Spoiler for some thoughts on episode 02:

I think this is the only show thus far that I actually watch from beginning to end (including the opening and the ending sequence).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 23:35   Link #231
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

@ relentlessflame, Thanks for posting those links. Going to have to look into it a bit more before i order though, looks like it might be expensive, and i've maxed out all three of my credit cards already buying manga ad stuff >.<

@Falkor, I agree, the music from Aria is just amazing. It's the only show i ever watch fully. I usually skip both the op and the ed, but i'd never do it with aria
Old 2008-01-15, 05:51   Link #232
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

ep2 was wonderful. an aria company outing through and through, slow but relaxing and full of su-te-ki. agree with falkor that the new animation team is really not pulling any stops with the beautiful bg art and detailed scenery. also digging the new ED, wonderful++ (here's hoping it's 2 cours for ORIGNATION!)
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 06:26   Link #233
Tabris

Well, apart from the OP and ED songs being amazing all the time, they're also a pleasure to watch. With the OPs, well, if you don't watch it, you miss out on a part of the episode. And the ED, they're always easy on the eyes and very relaxing to listen to and wind down on.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 10:24   Link #234
X10A_Freedom

Ep02 is a pretty good episode and the art team really have gone flat out on the scenery! Although all was nice, I felt the style and the flow was a little different than usual, which is not a surprise given this is an "original" episode.

Aika and Alice gave me the most smiles!
Old 2008-01-15, 11:04   Link #235
aikming

Episodes 3 looks even better!!!
Old 2008-01-15, 12:25   Link #236
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Episodes 3 looks even better!!!
You are EVIL

Taunting non-Japanese with such remarks.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 13:46   Link #237
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Ahh, finally got around to watching ep 2 during my commute home. Not much animation this episode, but the visuals were particularly nice.
Spoiler:

Lots of colours at the end of the preview. I'm looking forward to episode 3.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 00:13   Link #238
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for That was me:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:37   Link #239
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for That was me:
Humm... by the beginning of Origination Akaru & Aika must be around 19-20 and Alice around 17-18.
Yes the still have the same height in the Origination as in the Animation or the Natural.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:58   Link #240
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wow! I'm finally going to get to watch episode 1! Strangely one of the original subbers of earlier seasons has come out of retirement to sub the Origination. Here's praying that they stick with it this time. For now, all I care is that they always put much love and effort into their subs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life