AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 23:15   Link #1281
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm so glad the only deep thinking I did about Relena is if she was gonna bone Heero.

I get the feeling it saved me a lot of grief.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-12-12 at 23:39.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:33   Link #1282
Kitsoru
:3c

Also, in addition to the link I just posted (and I'm guessing that, yes, it seems that FT is going to be released in a tankubon format)- if anyone's curious about the continued release of Gunpla connected to the novel, the MG Deathscythe Hell Custom preorders and pics are out. It's to be released in February. Here's the HLJ infopage about it: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN967078

I also have some art to share but I'll wait until this wankfest ends. I just really want to know about the FT book link.

Everyone, please chill the hell out. jfc.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-12 at 23:34. Reason: nosferatu's a ninja :B
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:39   Link #1283
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'll take that art!

I'm not wanking.

Yet.
Old 2010-12-12, 23:48   Link #1284
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'll take that art!

I'm not wanking.

Yet.
Pfft, it's mostly Relena (and Heero) centric art, hence ...the waiting. :P
Old 2010-12-12, 23:55   Link #1285
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
I wish that you consider everything that us Relena fans are saying. Especially those that Snuggles and Elo said.
I jumped into the debate and expressed my opinion but sorry, I'm not "Relena fan". As a GW fan, I feel she's one of the best characters in the show but I don't really like her either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Also, in addition to the link I just posted (and I'm guessing that, yes, it seems that FT is going to be released in a tankubon format)- if anyone's curious about the continued release of Gunpla connected to the novel, the MG Deathscythe Hell Custom preorders and pics are out. It's to be released in February. Here's the HLJ infopage about it: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN967078

I also have some art to share but I'll wait until this wankfest ends. I just really want to know about the FT book link.

Everyone, please chill the hell out. jfc.
The MG Deathscythe Hell is just awesome.

I wish they were giving the Altron the same treatment but oh well...
Old 2010-12-13, 00:02   Link #1286
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I jumped into the debate and expressed my opinion but sorry, I'm not "Relena fan". As a GW fan, I feel she's one of the best characters in the show but I don't really like her either.
I didn't mean to assume that you were. "Especially" was a wrong choice of word. My bad. But this was the one that you said that I was pointing out, it's not even just for Relena alone:

Quote:
With Heero and Relena, they embody all the best qualities of GW with their development as people, involvement in the wars, political activism(or disinterest) and youths being able to change the times. Every show has to have it's stars and you'e entitled to believe GW's writers went out of their way to make Relena one. Personally, I think they created and developed her character very well.
Old 2010-12-13, 00:07   Link #1287
Kitsoru

Quote:

I know, right? I haven't even gotten my hands on the MG 'scythe, yet, guh... x.x; Need money.. (and better saving skills XD)

It will, eventually. All of the Gundams are getting MG versions, as I understand it; they're to be released in 4 month intervals, I think. I had thought Heavyarms was supposed to be next but now it seems it's D-Hell instead, so I'm not sure when Heavyarms is coming out...

And w/e I'll post the art anyway.
Spoiler for a particularly 'space heart-y' Heero:

Spoiler for A pair of Relena portraits by RIE.:

Her blog has also been updated with a few in prog pic previews (looks like she's got a 1xR piece in the works), some Wing news (the stuff I just reported here), etc.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-13 at 00:11. Reason: 4 months, not 2, sorry
Old 2010-12-13, 00:15   Link #1288
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
I didn't mean to assume that you were. "Especially" was a wrong choice of word. My bad. But this was the one that you said that I was pointing out, it's not even just for Relena alone:

It's cool; I just wanted to clear it up.

Re-watching the series numerous times, reading supporting material and taking into account the opinions of some articulate fans over the past few years have really helped shaped my own opinion on GW's characters(Heero and Relena in particular). I'm not a fan of either of them but I'm not so blinded by fan-love that I can't step back objectively and see them for what they are.

I really hope we get a new chapter from the novel or GotD to discuss this week.
Old 2010-12-13, 00:25   Link #1289
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I know, right? I haven't even gotten my hands on the MG 'scythe, yet, guh... x.x; Need money.. (and better saving skills XD)

It will, eventually. All of the Gundams are getting MG versions, as I understand it; they're to be released in 4 month intervals, I think. I had thought Heavyarms was supposed to be next but now it seems it's D-Hell instead, so I'm not sure when Heavyarms is coming out...

And w/e I'll post the art anyway.
Spoiler for a particularly 'space heart-y' Heero:

Spoiler for A pair of Relena portraits by RIE.:

Her blog has also been updated with a few in prog pic previews (looks like she's got a 1xR piece in the works), some Wing news (the stuff I just reported here), etc.
I need better saving skills too. It's nothing special but I put aside some money and am going to buy the Collection 1 DVD pack. Can't wait till it comes in the mail.

Good to hear. I'm not a big fan of the suit but I'm looking forward to seeing the MG Heavyarms. It would be great if they gave it the clown mask.

The Heero pic is pretty good.
Old 2010-12-13, 00:35   Link #1290
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

Semi-canon or not, I like Deathscythe Guilty Custom best.
Old 2010-12-13, 00:41   Link #1291
gundamnedgirl03

LMAO this is just too funny

but am also a relena fan so i agree with everyone who defended her.

@ elo all the more reason why your relena-opinion is the best to ponder on. u hate her but u dont deny she's good. finally found a smart non-supporter. im soo happy hahah
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 00:50   Link #1292
Kitsoru

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the suit but I'm looking forward to seeing the MG Heavyarms. It would be great if they gave it the clown mask.
Naw, only Heavyarms Kai Custom has that. Heavyarms Ka had a preview section in December's Ace that went over its additions/changes (which, to my memory, included a beam saber, and a weird Rambo-esque strap of bullets going across its back.. among other things).
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Heavyarms.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rms_Custom.jpg
Old 2010-12-13, 00:55   Link #1293
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The bullet belt was for the gatling cannon.

I also don't think the beam saber is the standard addition to the Heavyarms. I think the magazine was just showing the mechanics of the episode where Trowa retrofitted Heavyarms to use one.
Old 2010-12-13, 01:33   Link #1294
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnedgirl03 View Post
LMAO this is just too funny

but am also a relena fan so i agree with everyone who defended her.

@ elo all the more reason why your relena-opinion is the best to ponder on. u don't hate her but u dont deny she's good. finally found a smart non-supporter. im soo happy hahah
Fixed.

Quote:
Naw, only Heavyarms Kai Custom has that. Heavyarms Ka had a preview section in December's Ace that went over its additions/changes (which, to my memory, included a beam saber, and a weird Rambo-esque strap of bullets going across its back.. among other things).
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Heavyarms.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rms_Custom.jpg
Sweet. I've seen that preview before but didn't realize it was previewing the MG model.

Can't wait...
Old 2010-12-13, 01:43   Link #1295
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Someone is gonna have to get two MG Heavyarm kits, and equip it with duel gatling cannons.

Would be pretty epic, no?
Old 2010-12-13, 03:06   Link #1296
wingzerosnuggles

Oh cool, GW tankoubon. Wonder if they'll change up the cover art and whatnot. Man, I need PayPal. xD I guess this is Unicorn for the AC-verse? xD Curious about the listing too. Maybe the novel version will correct how bad Sumisawa is at math. Meh...I mostly want the pretty art.

EDIT: Are these Leos a new release?
http://cgi.ebay.ph/GUNDAM-WING-LEO-S...#ht_500wt_1156

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-13 at 04:08.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 07:29   Link #1297
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Man, everytime I go to bed there will be fireworks. All of you tired of the Relena debate, please skip this post. This is mostly directed at SkullFaerie anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Another thing I appreciated was her allowing Noin to establish a force in Sanc early on. It shows she was realistic- but I'm not sure, it's been a while, was she claiming total pacifism at the time?
She was hence being a hypocrite there That was also one of the times she was being criticized by people, namely Heero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I guess for such an important character, I would've liked a better portrayal. I'm buying all of her development - minus how the cast sees her. It's the only thing that really bothers me (It's like Sailor Moon! haha! she always bugged me too when I was a kid, it's like everyone has to take a backseat to her)

A problem of old shows, I guess
I'd say. Plus, GW only has 49 episodes so wingzerosnuggles claiming everyone's character development seems fast forwarded is legitimate. It's not everyone's thing to fill in blanks, after all. And it shouldn't be. You have already done more than most fans, both haters and supporters and I'm grateful that you voiced your opinion on this matter. Especially since you don't hate her but simply dislike her portrayal in the show, something I don't agree on but can perfectly understand. Heck, even if that wasn't the case, it's not like there has ever been a character or person that is liked by everyone The opposite is true, as well. Most don't like Mary Sues but there will always be some nut that does.
So please chill, folks.

Though SkullFaerie, if you'll allow me to advice you to pick your words more carefully in a forum that is populated by Relena supporters. Calling her an 'airhead' is bound to set some off
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 07:53   Link #1298
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Yeah, that's the compilation volume coming out in February. I'm assuming it will probably be 4-5 chapters. As for that Leo, no that's an old release.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:07   Link #1299
wingzerosnuggles

All right. Thanks for the clarification. Not buying that then. I was hoping to get one of the Greifs but I'm not sure if they'll release purely FT MS. I look forward to seeing what Snow White and Warlock look like. As long as neither have Turn-A mustaches, I think things will be all good. Is Katoki designing the new MS for FT? He gave Wing Zero angel wings so I wonder if, for the new designs, he'll be that...um, literal?

As for the compilation volume, do you have any experience with them for your other releases? Are major edits and departures from the magazine versions made in the compilations? If so, would it be worth buying and scanning as a point of comparison for translation or have you found the magazine scans to be sufficient from past experience with translating Gundam novels?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 09:05   Link #1300
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

About the compilation volume- I'd like to know too if there will be differences/ eventual fixes

@MichaelKnight: CHILL. No one hates her here. Not even me. Seriously, chill. I criticized her. Get over it. It doesn't mean I hate her.

@wingzerosnuggles: yes, I know they are. That's why I can understand that Relena fans like you are on their toes because she gets bashed a lot, but apparently that means criticizing her can't be done without getting accused of being a "hater" and attacked ridiculously. that's both, too funny and too bad.

I repeat: I NEVER said I hate her, in fact she is the exact character type I usually LIKE (plus, I still kind of like her), but I have some issues with her. I also understand the reasoning behind some of her actions, which is why I stated that the only thing that REALLY bothered me about her was the way the writers and/or cast viewed her. Which is a problem of the way the writers chose to portray her sometimes and is easily fixed by overlooking that and dismissing it as a flaw of the time GW was made.

quick points:

marina: yes, she was useless xD She's another example though of a politician being carried by their name/ what they symbolize though, different from Relena she didn't do much, and Relena could totally kick her ass
I felt maybe Kihel didn't get the crazy attention from the cast, at least for the first half not. I have to rewatch what happened after.
(Outside of Gundam: the entire Geass cast minus Lulu, Sheryl in Macross F, or maybe Macross females minus Minmay in general come to mind spontaneously)

Anyway, enough of that I never said I hated Relena, I technically like her but ALSO criticize her, that's all.

@Elo: 'course heero is the main for the fandom and carries the show. Just couldn't remember if the terrorism issue had ever been brought up, because somehow it would've seemed fitting seeing the overall more serious tone of GW. Somehow it should've been conflicting with Relena's ideals (essentially working with/ supporting terrorists as sovereign of a neutral/pacifist nation) and her credibility to the outside world. But maybe that's why and where she actually did lose some public support, we don't know. It's not criticism, only a thought

@IkuzeMinna: Yes, a little hypocritical, but understandable. You can't really even be neutral without making enemies, let alone yell a controversial, annoying (for the rest of the world) ideology from a mountain and expect to be safe.
You don't need to have an army like Switzerland does, saying "we're neutral you got a problem? We kick your ass!" but at least be able to defend your people- they shouldn't have to potentially die because of your groundbreaking idealism. This is where King Peacecraft screwed up and Relena did well- despite being criticized a bit.

Thanks for understanding my viewpoint/ recognizing I'm only criticizing her :s

About the airhead- issue: It didn't seem like such a problem to me, since it was only directed at the way she seemed to be at school- extremely popular, bratty etc- then we get proven wrong about that impression. It's good- it's similar to Sheryl, or Fllay, and I loved both of their developments. So I didn't even mean it in a bad way

Peace?
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing