AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-22, 07:53   Link #9821
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
To add to the post: I think I have read somewhere that Index is the 3rd most sold LN franchise, with 1st and 2nd place taking two much older series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Currently, Index is the most selling Light Novel, but if we compare of all times then I think it'll fall short.

That said, the real test of strength is to pit New Testament v2 against the long awaited Haruhi 10. If Index can dethrone the God Queen, then we all have an additional bragging chip in our pockets.
Ouch, scratch my earlier statement; there's just no way Index can beat Haruhi That monster has more than half a million books sold already
Old 2011-04-22, 07:56   Link #9822
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Ouch, scratch my earlier statement; there's just no way Index can beat Haruhi That monster has more than half a million books sold already
It didn't sell that much, thats how much copies the company made out of confidence. The books don't come out till may 25. I still don't think index can beat it but it would be nice. Haruhi is an international novel right? and index is Japan only?
Old 2011-04-22, 08:06   Link #9823
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It didn't sell that much, thats how much copies the company made out of confidence. The books don't come out till may 25. I still don't think index can beat it but it would be nice. Haruhi is an international novel right? and index is Japan only?
It's not even out yet? Hmmm, so much for my source.

I don't know how international it is, but there's only two books in English out. Though both series have much more volumes in chinese and possibly some other language.

Before trying to over take Haruhi, Index might need to shake off IS first, which thanks to the anime has it's vol 7 reaching 100 000+ copies sold, dangerously close to New Testament's own 120 000+ copies sold. Index has one advantage though; it's author never even heard of the term 'writer's block' for every one Haruhi novel, there's like four of Index's.
Old 2011-04-22, 08:11   Link #9824
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It's not even out yet? Hmmm, so much for my source.

I don't know how international it is, but there's only two books in English out.

Before trying to over take Haruhi, Index might need to shake off IS first, which thanks to the anime has it's vol 7 reaching 100 000+ copies sold, dangerously close to New Testament's own 120 000+ copies sold.
NT has sold 180,000 copies so far and IS 120,000
Old 2011-04-22, 08:15   Link #9825
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
NT has sold 180,000 copies so far and IS 120,000
Yes but NT has been out for almost close to two months already.
Old 2011-04-22, 08:19   Link #9826
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yes but NT has been out for almost close to two months already.
180 is from 2 weeks ago and 120 is from last week. It's only been about one month and it was released close to mid march.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:45   Link #9827
Karna
just some guy

Out of curiosity, does anyone remember where it was stated that the Walking Church can last 3 days in the corona of the sun?

Or was that a mistranslation from a while back?
Old 2011-04-23, 02:10   Link #9828
Miraluka
Banned

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_3#Part_16
Chapter 3 complete.
Old 2011-04-23, 05:35   Link #9829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone remember where it was stated that the Walking Church can last 3 days in the corona of the sun?

About that... Have they actually tested it out? Like nobody knew if [Saint Destroyer] would actually work until they try it...

Still what's the point if the user isn't going to survive with it
Old 2011-04-23, 06:42   Link #9830
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
About that... Have they actually tested it out? Like nobody knew if [Saint Destroyer] would actually work until they try it...

I'd assume that a suit should keep what's in it safe to be even called a suit.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:00   Link #9831
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

They knew because the Amakusa know how Saint's powers works based on their former leader Kanzaki just like Oriana had prepared a spel against a saint just in case and thats because magicians who fears saints always tries to exploit their weakness.

I don't recall the comparison between the Sun and the Walking Church but I can recall the relation between the Walking Church and Dragon King's Killing Breath where the WC can be only pierced by the latter.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:04   Link #9832
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post

Funny how u ask this when volume 17 says that they can make carriages with enough magic to survive the surface of the sun
Old 2011-04-23, 11:22   Link #9833
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'd assume that a suit should keep what's in it safe to be even called a suit.
Depends, would you be cooked alive first, or die from a lack of oxygen, or have your atoms ripped apart from the magnetic and gravitational field? Either one could kill the user before destroying the suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
They knew because the Amakusa know how Saint's powers works based on their former leader Kanzaki just like Oriana had prepared a spel against a saint just in case and thats because magicians who fears saints always tries to exploit their weakness.
In theory, but they specifically mention that it's not like they can actually use a Saint to test out the spell, so they can't be sure what would actually happen when they use it. It's my same point, it's not like they can drop a walking church into the sun and see how long it can last.
Old 2011-04-23, 12:26   Link #9834
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Funny how u ask this when volume 17 says that they can make carriages with enough magic to survive the surface of the sun
Seeing how lightning is 5x hotter than the sun's surface and that certain higher end spells trump mere lightning.....
Old 2011-04-23, 13:02   Link #9835
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Seeing how lightning is 5x hotter than the sun's surface and that certain higher end spells trump mere lightning.....
Aside from heat, the Sun has a bunch of other dangerous stuff like Gravitational and magnetic field that could rip apart atoms, plus all those nice little charged particles...
Old 2011-04-23, 13:21   Link #9836
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Aside from heat, the Sun has a bunch of other dangerous stuff like Gravitational and magnetic field that could rip apart atoms, plus all those nice little charged particles...
If the spell says heat then it protects from heat, but in this case says Sun which has to include all these factors in it. Sure they can't go to the Sun to test the spell but they can recreate the situations trough magic means just like science recreates situations through computer calculations.
Old 2011-04-23, 13:27   Link #9837
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If the spell says heat then it protects from heat, but in this case says Sun which has to include all these factors in it. Sure they can't go to the Sun to test the spell but they can recreate the situations trough magic means just like science recreates situations through computer calculations.
Which is my point that it might work in theory, but we all know that in things don't go as plan in practice.

Still, my guess is that those magicians only account for the heat factor, and not any of those scientific stuff.
Old 2011-04-23, 13:43   Link #9838
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Still, my guess is that those magicians only account for the heat factor, and not any of those scientific stuff.
Why not?
Styil estimated his strongest flames to be 4000ēC and Kanzaki's vison is 8.0.
How they did get those numbers?
Maybe from the empiric knowledge they got from a long time since the begining of magic in their story just like the study of the stars in ancient times so isn't strictely "scientific stuff".

Then, you have Knight Leader who can imitate how a star like the Sun expands to the point it collapses onto itself and forms a black hole, so he uses a gravity field to attack.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-04-23 at 13:58.
Old 2011-04-23, 15:29   Link #9839
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Why not?
Styil estimated his strongest flames to be 4000ēC and Kanzaki's vison is 8.0.
How they did get those numbers?
Maybe from the empiric knowledge they got from a long time since the begining of magic in their story just like the study of the stars in ancient times so isn't strictely "scientific stuff".

Then, you have Knight Leader who can imitate how a star like the Sun expands to the point it collapses onto itself and forms a black hole, so he uses a gravity field to attack.
I mean scentific stuff like Radiation and magnetic fields. The Sun isn't really a ball of Fire, it's plasma, and because of that the magnetic fields on the Sun isn't as uniform or well define as a planet as Plasma doesn't rotate evenly. In turn because of this tangled up magnetic lines, occasionally the Sun would eject charged particles called Solar winds out of it's surface bah bah bah bah...

None of those stuff would be in any ancient text because the astronomers of those days didn't have the necessary tools to study them.
Old 2011-04-23, 15:36   Link #9840
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Just summon an Angel (Gabriel as that one seems to have tendency to get pulled to Earth) and tell him to explain it to you until the smallest detail and you'll know more then even AC :P

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen