AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 00:24   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
RE 5's co-op was a choice and it was still lacking horribly, and the Ai partner was brain dead. THAT IS WHAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT WITH DEAD SPACE 3.
As mentioned, if you play solo for DS3, then you play alone as Isaac Clarke with no AI partner whatsoever. So not only Coop, but having a partner is completely optional as well.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 15:25   Link #22
com_gwp

Sigh, was that E3 demo disappointing. They've seem to completely abandon all remaining aspects of the survival horror still present in very action-focused DS2 and completely went all Gears of War. This was not the direction I wanted to see this series going, especially with the way RE has been.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 15:34   Link #23
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This is mainstream route. All is about moneys.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 16:27   Link #24
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Here's an E3 debut trailer of Dead Space 3. Looks like the series is heading into a Call of Duty direction, hurray...-_-.

Old 2012-06-04, 16:41   Link #25
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
NOW! Do you see why I was so worried about Co-op!?

-Sigh- Well let's just wait and see.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 17:34   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I dunno about you guys, but the amount of "action" shown for the E3 demo looks as similar as the other 2 games. I think you're all worrying too much.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 17:41   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Here's an E3 debut trailer of Dead Space 3. Looks like the series is heading into a Call of Duty direction, hurray...-_-.

Uh...how? where is there any indication that its anything like Call of Duty?
Old 2012-06-04, 17:43   Link #28
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
-Sigh- Well let's just wait and see.
Yeah, we really should wait how this playes out...

Well, after watching the trailer and the walkthrough... they did show us a typical "you're in a room and have to fight of waves of necromorphs" kind of thing, which is a classic (except there was a drill this time) a short fight with the new weapon wielding enemies, two new moves (a diveroll and ducking behind cover) and some kind of boss battle.

Such action sequences already were in DS1 and 2, so I'm still not about to scream "ruined forever" yet.
Well, I do fear the new coversystem and the human enemies will take a big chunk of the horror out of the game, but on the other hand... DS2 was not that scary either... but had some nice moments with Isaac talking to people.
Spoiler for Just to be safe:

They should show some of the more classic like part of the game... walking alone through dark corridors and shoot/stomping Necros who jump out of ventilation shafts.

Here is the walkthrough btw:

Last edited by Kyral; 2012-06-04 at 17:45. Reason: Added vid
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 17:55   Link #29
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uh...how? where is there any indication that its anything like Call of Duty?
Sorry, I meant to say Resident Evil, Like in 5 instead of solo you have a partner and it's focused on action more than survival horror. I played the first two games, liked them, but I'm really skeptical about this one with the direction it's heading in. I could be wrong, but for now I'm keeping a closed mind about this idea...for now.
Old 2012-06-04, 20:27   Link #30
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I dunno about you guys, but the amount of "action" shown for the E3 demo looks as similar as the other 2 games. I think you're all worrying too much.
Possibly. Naturally they couldn't show something slow and errie other wise the audience would have gotten bored. But with the addition of Co-op and more human enemies that shoot at you there's a higher chance of the game it WILL turn into like RE5 which is action action action.

But again just gotta wait and see, E.A. MAY be able to pull this off but only if they make sure the length of the game is long enough so they're able ensure co-op WON'T ruin the Dead Space experience.
Old 2012-06-04, 21:42   Link #31
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Sigh, was that E3 demo disappointing. They've seem to completely abandon all remaining aspects of the survival horror still present in very action-focused DS2 and completely went all Gears of War. This was not the direction I wanted to see this series going, especially with the way RE has been. :(
Quote:
Possibly. Naturally they couldn't show something slow and errie other wise the audience would have gotten bored. But with the addition of Co-op and more human enemies that shoot at you there's a higher chance of the game it WILL turn into like RE5 which is action action action.
I on the other hand, see no problem with a more action-oriented take if done well - that is, not completely forsaking the aspects that make Dead Space, Dead Space. Consider by way of example how Alien and Aliens stack up to one another.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:26   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Sorry, I meant to say Resident Evil, Like in 5 instead of solo you have a partner and it's focused on action more than survival horror. I played the first two games, liked them, but I'm really skeptical about this one with the direction it's heading in. I could be wrong, but for now I'm keeping a closed mind about this idea...for now.
Ah, yea that's a big woopsie haha. But yea it does look like it's getting to RE's Gameplay. which isn't BAD
Old 2012-06-04, 23:45   Link #33
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah I don't see how that trailer was showed anything different from the "walk into a trap and fight off bad guys until you get out" scenes or the boss fights from the first two games. It would have been nice if they'd shown a bit of the horror aspect too, though.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:36   Link #34
DingoEnderZOE2

Good news everyone, it's been confirmed that Co-op is 100% optional and it's still possible to play solo with no Ai partner. Co-op just gets it's own alternate story and new events.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...-take-on-co-op
Old 2012-06-05, 10:47   Link #35
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Great! So there's hope for this game after all, going solo definitely add more thrill and excitement to the game just like the first two games have offered. I hope they keep the horror elements intact because it seems to be gearing more towards action. I don't mind it, but if they keep the horror elements from the past 2 games then this game will have my money already.
Old 2012-06-16, 20:09   Link #36
kiak666

Well, here it is folks. The earliest part of the game with some single player gameplay:

Last edited by kiak666; 2012-06-17 at 01:33.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 20:35   Link #37
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
But again just gotta wait and see, E.A. MAY be able to pull this off but only if they make sure the length of the game is long enough so they're able ensure co-op WON'T ruin the Dead Space experience.
Luckily, Coop will NOT detriment the core single player experience. You can play the whole game without coop just like the past two games. If you do play with another player, it's almost an entirely different game.

Here's some more campaign gameplay which features both 1 player and the coop on GTTV.

edit: It seems like Dingo already said it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 10:17   Link #38
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Good news everyone, it's been confirmed that Co-op is 100% optional and it's still possible to play solo with no Ai partner. Co-op just gets it's own alternate story and new events.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...-take-on-co-op
I told ya...
Old 2012-06-17, 12:10   Link #39
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've read that particular detail about the coop since D3 news was leaked weeks ago. Just glad it's actually true.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:18   Link #40
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

BUILD YOUR OWN WEAPONS