AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 01:06   Link #1981
sa547
*Author

Update from the twitter feed:
http://akb0048.jp/special/

They're mostly snapshots of notable No Name events during the production and after-recording.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:11   Link #1982
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
However, I believe Nagisa's view on the girls in the selection round is that you won't truly fail unless you give up.

You do not win or lose: you simply follow your dream, until you either reach it, or abandon it.
That's unrealistic. For example in a race, even if everyone do their best, there's only one winner. Someone will fail and that's reality.

It's the same in AKB. Some girls get promoted, others don't, not matter how hard they work. Sometimes you just don't have the right appeal or whatever. The point is that you don't have total control of your fate so doing your best and not giving up doesn't guarantee your success (you still should do your best and not give up though).

To me it's like Nagisa is just refusing to see the problem. And instead of trying to understand what Chieri is going through, she just pushes the issue away. She won't help anyone that way.

Nagisa's reality check will come when Yuuko learns about the 77th performing "Nagisa no Cherry". Yuuko's dream will end in failure and Nagisa will have to face reality. Cue character growth.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-07 at 17:32.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:12   Link #1983
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Also that in scene the Japanese part sounds a bit different, which as I take as a way to show that the girl did learn some Japanese due to her fandom but was just not well enough, I mean she did stutter a bit in the beginning before going with Russian then switch to an accented Japanese.

I mean there is a lot of AKB fans in East Asian country who learns Japanese just so they can have short conversation during the hand-shake events.
Noticed that too. And the voice acting is delivered well.

Quote:
As for Takamina's action, it shows an emotion part on the real life AKB. 48 Group is incredibly competitive vertically despite most of them get along with each other horizontally. (those who manage to stick around anyway). There are countless story where members lost their spot due to injuries or sickness and have start over to regain they original spots or they were forced to give up, demoted against their will.

If you think of them more as professional sport team than Takamina's action is completely understandable.

All these are some of inside detail that AKB fans can pickup and enjoys, why AKB fans on this board and others that I go to have been pleasantly surprised by the details in this series.
Yes, I agree it's understandable. Takamina simply wants to keep her position. The aggressiveness of asking to take off uniform just surprised me - I wonder how the members of the 77th gen would react if something like that happen to them.

An iDOLM@STER fan, and know AKB0048 mostly from their anime.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-06 at 08:16.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 06:42   Link #1984
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's unrealistic. For example in a race, even if everyone do their best, there's only one winner. Someone will fail and that's reality.

It's the same in AKB. Some girls get promoted, others don't, not matter how hard they work. Sometimes you just don't have the right appeal or whatever. The point is that you don't have total control of your fate so doing your best and not giving up doesn't guarantee your success (you still should do your best and not give up though).

To me it's like Nagisa is just refusing to see how things works. And instead of trying to understand what Chieri is going through, she just pushes the issue away. She won't help anyone that way.

Nagisa's reality check will come when Yuuko learns about the 77th performing "Nagisa no Cherry". Yuuko's dream will end in failure and Nagisa will have to face reality. Cue character growth.
I see Nagisa's "it's not about winning and losing" in a different light. Cheiri's focus shouldn't be that she didn't make the Kirara glow all this time even though Nagisa did (os so Chieri thinks). But rather on what she would lack and need to change that.

Like Nagisa said it isn't about who of them wins or lose. Actually is very likely one will always be better to the other at some things if they're both trying hard. And different from Yuuko it doesn't seems like Chieri dream is to become the best/most skilled girl in 00, but rather just want to become a part of it together with her dear friends. If the important part is that all the 4 gets in together, who cares which one of them is regarded as better of the 4? The important part is that each of them individually is able to reach the level and what is needed for becoming a successor, regardless of who does it first or who does it better.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-07-06 at 06:54.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 07:31   Link #1985
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I see Nagisa's "it's not about winning and losing" in a different light. Cheiri's focus shouldn't be that she didn't make the Kirara glow all this time even though Nagisa did (os so Chieri thinks). But rather on what she would lack and need to change that.
I doubt it. I think it'd be pretty obvious even for Nagisa that Chieri has being thinking about that all this time, and she has changed a lot already too (Nagisa herself notes some of those changes at the start of episode 10), and yet the kirara's reaction hasn't changed at all.

So I disagree. I think Nagisa meant exactly what she said, and it's a sign of her extreme naivete. And I'm pretty sure she's going to have a reality check next episode, when Yuuko's finally snaps after learning about the Lancastar concert.

But let's wait and see.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-06 at 08:10.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:58   Link #1986
Random Wanderer

Quote:
So I disagree. I think Nagisa meant exactly what she said, and it's a sign of her extreme nativity.
I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is "naivete."
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 08:09   Link #1987
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is "naivete."
I've been up all night because of work so I don't even know what the hell I'm writing.

EDIT: there, fixed for you. Maybe now we can go back on topic.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-06 at 08:19.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:25   Link #1988
Random Wanderer

Quote:
EDIT: there, fixed for you. Maybe now we can go back on topic.
NEVER!

You're determined to be down on someone. To find a person who is "wrong" so you can blame them, one way or another. You choose cynicism, and lay the fault at Nagisa's feet, saying she will have to learn a hard lesson. I have no interest in participating in that kind of discussion. You have rather bluntly told us that you simply refuse to believe any other possible explanations that don't fit your view, so there is really little more to say to you on this subject.
Old 2012-07-06, 08:53   Link #1989
chaosprophet

New entries in the glossary on the main site. Atamistar, Succession Kirara and Underground Temple in Akibastar.

Interesting that we get the kanji for Sensei-sensei now: 先聖センセイ, where the first part "先聖" reads as "sensei" but means "ancient sage", while the rest is just sensei wrote in katakana (which I guess just means a respectful manner of address).
Old 2012-07-06, 08:54   Link #1990
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You have rather bluntly told us that you simply refuse to believe any other possible explanations that don't fit your view, so there is really little more to say to you on this subject.

Yeah well, it's not like I hate Nagisa or anything (god, I sound like a tsundere ><). I just think she has some growing up to do.

Anyway, episode 11 is around the corner so let's agree to disagree for now.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:24   Link #1991
mochichan

http://akb0048.jp/onair/haishin.html

Something about Bandai?
My Google translate say the anime is going to be free stream on Bandai channel
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:23   Link #1992
sa547
*Author

Oh, man... Forgot that today it's Sonata's birthday!

Old 2012-07-07, 09:33   Link #1993
mochichan

obligatory Namida Surprise~

BTW..I still have no idea who Sonata can succeed....I kinda thought it was Yuko before since they're both so genki.
Old 2012-07-07, 11:14   Link #1994
Undertaker

Now I think about it, there is only one I can think of right now from major names in 48 group: Matsui Jurina.

Youngest age when joined, like spaghetti with meat sauce, athletic, loves Onee-sama (Mariko) and surprising like to stick to other people.... and she is right now technically an official AKB.
Old 2012-07-07, 17:23   Link #1995
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm with Kazu-kun on this one. Nagisa is the type who wants to ignore problems for the sake of friendship. While this isn't a bad thought at all it just doesn't always work that way.

Sonata <3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:26   Link #1996
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I love the "novice" who "loves" their eldest
Old 2012-07-07, 23:54   Link #1997
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Now I think about it, there is only one I can think of right now from major names in 48 group: Matsui Jurina.

Youngest age when joined, like spaghetti with meat sauce, athletic, loves Onee-sama (Mariko) and surprising like to stick to other people.... and she is right now technically an official AKB.
Sonata is next Jurina?
I actually get your reasoning but I can't imagine Sonata as Jurina since she got a mature image.
Old 2012-07-08, 01:44   Link #1998
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Then the old captains have "seen" something that would have to leave ...

I wonder what they would have seen
Old 2012-07-08, 03:31   Link #1999
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I would totally leave if I saw that my fate was to become a space jellyfish and lolollololol all over the place.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 07:39   Link #2000
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Then the old captains have "seen" something that would have to leave ...

I wonder what they would have seen
Centers, not captains. The distinction is important. Takamina is the captain, but she is not the center. Acchan was the center, but she was never the captain. They are different roles.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime