AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 03:03   Link #1241
jwai

Oh, they trolled me good with that ending. I had thought about the possibility of Yuuko reappearing, but didn't think they'd actually do it.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:27   Link #1242
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Personally, I feel that if they decide to let Yuuko go permanently, then put a 'XXX years after' or something similar of Yuuko re-appearing to meet Teiichi in some manner would 'arouse' more emotions in the audience (or maybe just me ).

That being said, it still is a fabulous and satisfactory series, coming from a person who only started marathoning it a week ago and managing to catch up to the final episode.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:59   Link #1243
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think their decision of putting happy moments in what supposed to be a bittersweet ending is because this is Maybe's style of writing in the manga series — the serious laced with hilarity.

Besides, this also shows that Yuuko is taking responsibility over her involvement in Teiichi's school life. Leaving him "just as immediately" as when they first met will only cause both of them pain and, knowing what the pain on loneliness and helplessness feels like, Yuuko will not allow Teiichi to feel the same way as she did while her relationship with Teiichi was challenged by Shadow Yuuko.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 05:02   Link #1244
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

really liked the series overall, but the ending was a let down, though only the last part when yuuko returns it was badly done and cheap, i mean a tear managed to run through my cheek, and in the end it ruined it for me, not one of theose endings that can ruin a series but it did ruin the episode.
Old 2012-06-25, 05:26   Link #1245
jwai

The scene with Yuuko and Teiichi feeding each other brought up something funny regarding the question of how can a ghost eat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA

Last edited by jwai; 2012-06-25 at 07:31.
Old 2012-06-25, 06:38   Link #1246
JokerD

Again, what is it with Kirie's poses even her final milk drinking pose was crazy

Spoiler for just in case:

And no matter what Kirie does, she will never beat her grandaunt
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 06:40   Link #1247
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Ok ok, now i can die happy XD
Old 2012-06-25, 06:42   Link #1248
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Whoa. I thot I heard the resounding rumble of 6 billion facepalms today.

Looks like it did happen...
Old 2012-06-25, 07:10   Link #1249
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Btw this ending is a lot less "Epicfacepalm" then a resurrection or other thing....
Imho the only one "best" solution is Teichi's death...

But i like this a lot more^^
Old 2012-06-25, 07:40   Link #1250
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
If trying to kill him all the time is a display of affection, then yes

Quote:
And no matter what Kirie does, she will never beat her grandaunt
Quoted for truth. Guess Teiichi likes it really old-school...

I don't think Momoe's unrequited feelings ever got resolved. Or did they?
Old 2012-06-25, 07:40   Link #1251
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, anyone still remember this PV released before the series premiere?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 08:18   Link #1252
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmm so...

Spoiler for 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
She never even hurt him, much less try to kill him...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:44   Link #1253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This final episode was absolutely perfect...until the last three minutes. Yuuko's abrupt return made me feel very cheated, and yet part of me is delighted Teiichi and her got a happy ending (for the moment...). In the end, my feelings are mixed. Only thing I know for sure is that this episode toyed with my emotions really well.

This is a happy ending for now, but how long can Teiichi and Yuuko keep this relationship up? Teiichi will see himself grow old while Yuuko remains every beautiful, he'll never be able to have children, he won't be able to have a "normal" social life, etc... will their love be able to overcome everything? This is anime, so the answer is most likely yes but in real life I doubt it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Again, what is it with Kirie's poses even her final milk drinking pose was crazy
She's been reading too much Jojo's bizarre adventure.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:00   Link #1254
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, anyone still remember this PV released before the series premiere?

This was full of Takane.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:22   Link #1255
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is a happy ending for now, but how long can Teiichi and Yuuko keep this relationship up? Teiichi will see himself grow old while Yuuko remains every beautiful,
Eternally hothothot wife? Do want!

Quote:
he'll never be able to have children,
Who needs kids?

Quote:
he won't be able to have a "normal" social life,
Pffft "normal" is overrated...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:23   Link #1256
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
This final episode was absolutely perfect...until the last three minutes. Yuuko's abrupt return made me feel very cheated, and yet part of me is delighted Teiichi and her got a happy ending (for the moment...). In the end, my feelings are mixed. Only thing I know for sure is that this episode toyed with my emotions really well.

This is a happy ending for now, but how long can Teiichi and Yuuko keep this relationship up? Teiichi will see himself grow old while Yuuko remains every beautiful, he'll never be able to have children, he won't be able to have a "normal" social life, etc... will their love be able to overcome everything? This is anime, so the answer is most likely yes but in real life I doubt it could work.

She's been reading too much Jojo's bizarre adventure.
dont come with this "real world crap" this is a anime about supernatural, fiction, love and ghosts, in "real world" "ghosts"(at last like yuuko) dont are real, u never can use this "real world" when things come to issues like this, they can stay together until him die then they pass away together, and about "real life" i'm already see some "very complicate love cases"(not like ghost but ppls who really have big burden problems who "others type of ppls" simple gona leave then and they lovers stayed with then until the end), love is a mistery, like some1 told before
"Love has its owns reasons which even the reason unknows".

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-06-25 at 10:34.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:35   Link #1257
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Well, I got the ending I was hoping for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Frankly, I hope Teiichi gets stuck with Yuuko, and that she makes his life a living hell for all eternity. As a person, he's not much better (if at all) than her. She abuses his club-mates to no end, and he has nothing but praise for her. She shoves him down a flight of stairs, breaking his leg, and he seems to accept it as an act of love. Both of them are pretty pathetic as human beings. They deserve each other. Kirie and Momoe oughta feel lucky that they've escaped the noose of being his girlfriend.
As for the episode itself, I was fine with it until crybaby idiot boy starting disrespecting Yuuko's wishes on the rooftop. Then I had to skip through the episode, but did stop and watched most of the scene where she disappeared.

I will admit, that if it had been two likable characters, everything else about the episode up until idiot boy enters the club room for the final time was quite well played out. The disappearance scene, with its atmosphere and music, could have been a spectacularly emotional scene, even with Yuuko, if it wasn't for idiot boy.

The ending is just fine with me (see my quote above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
She never even hurt him, much less try to kill him...
Duh? Does not pushing him down the stairs and breaking his leg not count as hurting him? And please don't try to convince me that it wasn't her.

Quote:
Well, since she's not averse to using violence, maybe this time, perhaps when he reaches the same age as when she died, she'll throw idiot boy off the roof (instead of just pushing him down a flight of stairs) to make sure she kills him. Of course he won't get mad at her or hold her responsible, so then he, too, can remain "young" with her forever and ever and ever. Praise be!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 10:56   Link #1258
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Eternally hothothot wife? Do want!
YES! DO WANT!

I believe this image hasn't been posted yet.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:56   Link #1259
bumbayker

Quote:
Not trying to change your opinion. But honestly the way the last episode was building up it wasn't unexpected that Yuuko would somehow return. I agree that it somewhat played with my emotions but it was all good IMO. I wouldn't have mind a bittersweet end but knowing the series it's just isn't the type that would likely end in a sad note.

Quote:
Have you read My Lovely Ghost Kana? True enough, this is anime and everything about Teiichi's relationship with Yuuko is far from being normal or realistic. But when you look at it in another perspective the show portrays that love has no boundaries even beyond death. Anyway, I think what might happen in the future or if Teiichi can maintain his relationship with Yuuko isn't relevant at the moment. As long as the two ended up happy together after what they went through.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-06-25 at 11:07.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 11:01   Link #1260
flack

The ending of this anime feels like it was forced, the very last bit.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural