AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 17:51   Link #21
ujiuji

Episode 5

Well that's interesting. There's actually some kind of, confusing, continuity to this year's series. So are the new fairies from the past, future or an alternative reality?
In other news it seems that they've been distributing materials for making Miku Miku Dance videos, both through the official website and Windows 100% magazine. Some examples of the results collected here: - http://ch.nicovideo.jp/endpvgdgd
Note that some of the MMD makers seem to like adding panty flashes, plus bounce to krkr's older form which might make some of the videos slightly NSFW, although you'd need a fair amount of imagination IMO.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:59   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

I did notice in the end credits that the new trio shared the exact same voices as the old trio. (I thought one of them was Aki Toyosaki for a moment.) And yes, the time travel shenanigans are interesting to see. The show's been getting even more experimental in its second season.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 20:55   Link #23
ujiuji

It can be hit-or-miss but, for me, this is still the funniest show of the season. I'm going to show my age by saying this week's episode made me think of Wacky Races rather than Super Mario Kart but either way much fun was had. The alternative fairies also made their real début. Although they are attractively designed (within the limits of this show's general cheapness) they obviously haven't had the time to establish their personal quirks like the original trio. So far the stand-out is Kur-chan who seems to combine some of the worst traits of shrshr and krkr and is therefore easily my favourite. The little dance she does with shrshr is both adorably cute and laugh-out-loud funny at the same time.

Is it me or is krkr accumulating moe-points this season? Not something I would have expected but her misadventures in the mental and time room and embarrassment during the hot springs episode certainly give an "aww she's cute after all" vibe. That embarrassment also raises the question - do the fairies "really" look like they appear during the dancing ED but we see them as chibis in the main show because it's cuter / funnier / easier to animate? Speaking of the ED poor pkpk was "non-selectable" this week, she's really stuck in the unfortunate straight-woman role.

If this post is incoherent it's probably because I should be in bed by now; goodnight.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:19   Link #24
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

That opening segment in episode 11 with the Spongebob toy was a reference to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXn7a1xBN8 -- the most hyperkinetic commercial for a McDonalds toy you will ever see.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:27   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

I was intrigued by the rather blatant Osaka Okan references, and, like S1, it looks like S2 is going to feature a "serious" finale. As serious as this show will allow itself to get. The lesson is not to destroy the fabric of space and time with black holes.
Old 2013-03-25, 15:17   Link #26
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I was intrigued by the rather blatant Osaka Okan references, and, like S1, it looks like S2 is going to feature a "serious" finale. As serious as this show will allow itself to get. The lesson is not to destroy the fabric of space and time with black holes.
Strawberry Meets Pictures, the producer of this series, is also on the production committee of Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan. For some reason I completely fell for the season one finale. Considering who was telling the story I really should have known better. It was nice to see some old friends, including Fusako, this week.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:58   Link #27
Midonin
Last Engage

So the final episode wasn't exactly "serious", but it still changed the formula in a very noticeable way. I only discovered the first season while the second was still on air, but seeing the show evolve and become more experimental as it went along was great. One of the few improv anime that I know of, and even the cheap CGI became kinda charming after a while. It's got a great sense of humor, and even developed a stable of running gags by the end (like Fusako). Plus, the first opening theme was incredibly catchy. As a lover of comedy and an anime fan in general, I'm glad I discovered this one when I did.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:28   Link #28
Sol Falling

The string of "club activity" references was pretty amazing, all of the ones after K-On (which I haven't watched) were shows which I pretty much absolutely freakin' love. The episode kind of fell off from that point though; Pkpk's choices during the "Gym of Spirit and Time" section especially were totally bizarre.

Altogether S2 was not quite as good as the first one, and I feel like the seiyuu's didn't quite manage to regain their S1 chemistry. I still enjoyed it, but while it would kinda make sense given the drop in quality if no S3 comes along, I do hope they will manage to land another one, so that they can have a chance to redeem themselves.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:00   Link #29
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The string of "club activity" references was pretty amazing, all of the ones after K-On (which I haven't watched) were shows which I pretty much absolutely freakin' love. The episode kind of fell off from that point though; Pkpk's choices during the "Gym of Spirit and Time" section especially were totally bizarre.
I loved the club references too. As for pkpk I think two seasons worth of trolling from krkr and criminal irresponsibility from shrshr have finally got to her. "Pkpk is lost to us now" as krkr observed in the Crunchyroll subs. According to Anime News Network there's a different writing team for the second series (for the bits that are scripted). There's certainly a difference in feel but I still enjoyed it more than anything else from the winter season apart from Chihayafuru.
Old 2013-04-05, 14:54   Link #30
Nerroth
NePoi!

Are the three new characters voiced by the same VAs as the original trio; and if so, who voices which one?
Old 2013-04-05, 18:24   Link #31
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Are the three new characters voiced by the same VAs as the original trio; and if so, who voices which one?
I'm not 100% sure but believe it's -

Suzuko Mimori as pkpk and Sarsar - the black-haired fairy with dark pink bat-wings,
Kaoru Mizuhara as shrshr and Furfur - the rich one with sky-blue hair,
Satomi Akesaka as krkr and Kurkur - the red-haired oni-type fairy.

Unless anybody else knows better?

Edit: I just did the sensible thing and looked at the end credits instead of watching dancing fairies, the above is correct.

Last edited by ujiuji; 2013-04-05 at 18:55.