AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 02:14   Link #101
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Why does everyone think Minato would be able to so easily use the other half of the Kyuubi's chakra? Bearing in mind I expect that Kishimoto would allow him to easily use the chakra if he has it, realistically it takes years of practice to be able to use a bijuu's chakra so it would make little sense for Minato to easily be able to use the chakra without losing control or exploding. Obviously Kishimoto cares little about logic anymore, but it would still be pretty annoying if Minato can easily use the bijuu's chakra...
To be fair he has been in an endless battle inside the death gods stomach. Maybe he's got familiar with it getting his battle on
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 03:42   Link #102
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
To be fair he has been in an endless battle inside the death gods stomach. Maybe he's got familiar with it getting his battle on
Presumably he's had just as much time with the 9-tails as Naruto has, except he was able to start that experience from hokage level rather than baby level.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:16   Link #103
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, having taken control of a Zetsu body, this power may be possible.
Actually I think this would be a cool turn of events. Agent Oro as final boss.
I still give a little bit more chance for the final boss not being Sasuke. I mean, i would like to see Sasuke and Naruto join forces and fight against a final boss like they fought against Zabuza. Then the final boss could be either Edo-Rinnegan-Madara or Agent Orochi
Also i remember writing about this some years ago: for Sasuke to be accepted back into Konoha and the alliance it shouldn't be enough that Naruto simply forgives him, sure people would accept Naruto's decision as his subordinates and also because by that time they will respect Naruto for what he has done so people will just shut up about what they really think, but i think for a real "happy end" people should also accept Sasuke back at 100%, and for that to happen Sasuke should redeem himself by doing something very important and by this point in the manga the "very important" thing can't be other than saving Naruto and through that the entire world from being taken over by the final boss.

At this point i would prefer Orochimaru as the final boss simply because he is more interesting than Madara. However right now it doesn't seem that he has interest in taking action, he is not his old self now. But he has 4 super-powerful summons now and also Zetsu as you mentioned, so if he changes his mind later he can be an interesting final boss.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 07:21   Link #104
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
pretty good point, but i think Kishi is going to make it so that the 4th does have kyuubi chakra. Everyone's been saying that Naruto's surpassed his father, so i don't think it would be an entertaining fight. Raikage said he was faster, and the Kyuubi said he had surpassed him
Personally I'm quite over the fact the Konoha 11 have surpassed the older generation. If all that Minato does with his return is reinforce this fact, it's yet another failure of Kishimoto.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 07:36   Link #105
Jehuty

I wonder if Kyuubi will become aware that his other 'half' chakra has been brought back. It's too bad Naruto isn't carrying one of Minato's teleportation kunai.

I also wonder if, since the chakra itself was sealed inside Minato, would that chakra be sentient too? Given that Kyuubi is living chakra, it made me wonder why Ginkaku and Kinkaku never commented on it.

I fully expect Orochimaru to not be the bad guy anymore though. Sure, he was crazy as hell and he did come close to destroying Konoha if not for the 3rd's Shiki Fuujin, but I think his plan was more to just get a hold of Sasuke's body. Konoha's destruction may have been an added bonus at worst, and simply a secondary objective at best. Now I expect him to go on his quest to learn all the jutsu in the world, but without the megalomaniac attitude.

I mean, even Suigetsu offered Konoha on a silver platter and Orochimaru completely passed on that, even acknowledging they were no longer his snakes.
Old 2013-02-01, 08:34   Link #106
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I wonder if Kyuubi will become aware that his other 'half' chakra has been brought back. It's too bad Naruto isn't carrying one of Minato's teleportation kunai.

I also wonder if, since the chakra itself was sealed inside Minato, would that chakra be sentient too? Given that Kyuubi is living chakra, it made me wonder why Ginkaku and Kinkaku never commented on it.

I fully expect Orochimaru to not be the bad guy anymore though. Sure, he was crazy as hell and he did come close to destroying Konoha if not for the 3rd's Shiki Fuujin, but I think his plan was more to just get a hold of Sasuke's body. Konoha's destruction may have been an added bonus at worst, and simply a secondary objective at best. Now I expect him to go on his quest to learn all the jutsu in the world, but without the megalomaniac attitude.

I mean, even Suigetsu offered Konoha on a silver platter and Orochimaru completely passed on that, even acknowledging they were no longer his snakes.
I don't see Orochimaru turning good since he's so far gone as he's killed babies but Kishi could have him die doing a good thing but this could seem out of character.

It seems Orchimaru is willing to wait 3 years until he try's to take over Sasuke's body since he soul transferred with a Zetsu so he can't do this again until 3 years.

It shows Orochimaru has a lot of patience which is something Obito was lacking when he was rushing to complete the Ten Tails. Obito seems to have regained his patience now though.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:43   Link #107
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Actually, he would be battling against the Kyuubi, not with it, inside the death god's stomach. The jutsu causes the two being sealed to fight against each other for eternity (though with the death god being nothing more than an Uzumaki party trick now, who's to say just what is really going on.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:05   Link #108
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

i dont know about a party trick lol....you put that mask on it kinda kills ya...
but speaking of uzumakis, this other half of kyuubi chakra is a good place to put karin back in the story..
Old 2013-02-01, 11:34   Link #109
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Personally I'm quite over the fact the Konoha 11 have surpassed the older generation. If all that Minato does with his return is reinforce this fact, it's yet another failure of Kishimoto.
all the more reason to give Minato the Kyuubi's Chakra so he's stronger than the Konoha 11...
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:37   Link #110
gibits
Endless

How exactly does rinne tensei work? Why would it affect Madara? I thought it only worked for people who just recently died (which is why Jiraiya wasn't revived) and Madara died like 50-60 years ago.
Does the Edo Tensei make it so your timer is reset? Does that mean the 4 Hokage will be revived now as well?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:51   Link #111
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
How exactly does rinne tensei work? Why would it affect Madara? I thought it only worked for people who just recently died (which is why Jiraiya wasn't revived) and Madara died like 50-60 years ago.
I expect Nagato could have revived anyone he wished to, but the sheer quantity of lives he was attempting to bring back was too taxing for him...or maybe he did bring Jiraiya back, but his body was elsewhere and still injured.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:24   Link #112
itachi-san314

my thought was that nagato had such little chakra left after his fight with naruto, that he couldn't reach far enough back in time to revive jiraiya. presumably he could go back as far as he wants with full chakra since the plan was to revive madara.

it could also be as james says though, in that it was the amount of resurrections limited how far he could go back in time. it hasn't been made clear which reason it is and they both are basically lack of chakra so it may not matter to be that specific. i dont think its possible for jiraiya to have been secretly revived though since it would mean that nagato lied to naruto on his deathbed which wouldn't make sense
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 13:52   Link #113
gibits
Endless

Hmm so it was a chakra thing. But if Tobi had access to the Juubi's chakra he could raise someone that died 60 years ago.... So it is possible for him to raise the hokages as well.... Interesting.

I think Obito will turn and sacrifice himself to make Madara and everyone else alive (including the current kages and the 4 former kages). Then Madara will become the vessel for the Juubi and everyone kicks his ass and he dies since he isnt an Edo zombie anymore. The end.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:54   Link #114
chapel

Didn't the 4TH seal half of kyubbi the same way the 3rd sealed orochimaru's arms. Therefore, should the kyubbi's chakra just go back to the kyubi?
chapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 15:03   Link #115
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel View Post
Didn't the 4TH seal half of kyubbi the same way the 3rd sealed orochimaru's arms. Therefore, should the kyubbi's chakra just go back to the kyubi?
I would imagine so. But Kishimoto has never been the most consistent writer.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:26   Link #116
Casshern

Minato Sue is back. He will out-do Naruto in every way and then comment on how proud he is that Naruto surpassed him, just like Tobi was "always one step ahead" while Minato smacked him in the head with a rasengan. It's too bad Itachi Sue is already gone; I really hoped they would meet up eventually to settle who has the greatest Sue powers once and for all.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 20:12   Link #117
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Where is this coming from? The army's intent was never to defeat the Jyuubi; they have no hope of defeating the Jyuubi, it can only be sealed away or split apart. Last chapters attack was purely to separate Madara (and I guess Tobi) from the Jyuubi (whether the Jyuubi goes inert or insane is currently unknown). Now the army will focus on defeating these two opponents, and then they'll focus on the monster that can destroy the planet (and that's only if Madara doesn't still reach his goal of becoming a Jinchuuriki anyway, which honestly seems just as likely as not).

Did you completely skip Chapter 617?
Its only natural that the Juubi eventually either dies or gets sealed.. still it would be gone. Regardless of who or what is responseble. The fact that Sasuke is way on the other side... and wont interfere leads to a simple thought that he will become stronger then anyone on that battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Here's an interesting thought.....

What do you guys think that Sasuke will make of the fact that with the Rinnegan he can bring people fully back from the dead? He wants revenge but he also talked about the revival of his clan. Madara intended for Obito to bring him back from the dead. I think the idea of bringing the entire Uchiha clan back including his parents and Itachi is more intriguing to Sasuke than the Infinite Tsukiyomi plan.
In order to achieve the Rinnegan i thought they said you need chakra or something from the Senju Clan. Still dont know how Madara actually activated the Rinnegan in his final battle which supposedly killed him against Hashirama.

But with the Uchiha Clan back i still wonder... even if they are all back.
It's not like all the Uchiha can do much against these super elites joined together... in this war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Time to see how overrated the first hokage was.
I really wonder that because both seemed to have a little bit of trouble handeling the old Sandaime. With both i mean ofcourse the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages.
If Hashirama was as badass like Madara then he should've also been able to break free somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Does the Edo Tensei make it so your timer is reset? Does that mean the 4 Hokage will be revived now as well?
I think it's more likely that he couldnt do it because his chakra was too low to do so. Also i dont even think it will kill the user because i really remember that Konan mentioned that Nagato would die with his current chakra level (at the time). Which leaves open another possibility that the user may not even die after using it.
Old 2013-02-01, 21:20   Link #118
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
In order to achieve the Rinnegan i thought they said you need chakra or something from the Senju Clan. Still dont know how Madara actually activated the Rinnegan in his final battle which supposedly killed him against Hashirama.
you do need both senju and uchiha dna to activate rinnegan. madara stole some dna from hashirama during their fight at VotE. he then moved underground and grew the hashirama/zetsu lifeforce with that dna and fused it with himself

Quote:
But with the Uchiha Clan back i still wonder... even if they are all back.
they're not back. just the named characters like sasuke, madara and obito. shisui may also still be alive, but without his MS

Quote:
I really wonder that because both seemed to have a little bit of trouble handeling the old Sandaime. With both i mean ofcourse the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages.
they were being directly controlled by orochimaru so neither one used their full potential. expect a lot more from them this time around.

Quote:
If Hashirama was as badass like Madara then he should've also been able to break free somehow.
that will be tobirama's job. since he developed the technique it leads me to guess that he will be the one to break it now. at least something to that effect

Quote:
Which leaves open another possibility that the user may not even die after using it.
nagato died because he depleted his chakra the same way that kakashi died. using rinne tensei isnt certain death. nagato used it a lot in the past to revive his pain bodies
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 01:33   Link #119
james0246

Quote:
shisui may also still be alive, but without his MS
Itachi killed Shisui, and a body was found. True there are ways to fake a body (Zetsu has one sure fire way), but is there really any reason why a body needed to be fake or for Shisui to still be alive?
Old 2013-02-02, 01:40   Link #120
unameit

If it's all about chakra then nagato could simply wait till he's recovered to revive everyone... that's common sense..

It's gonna be a bit baffling, for those edo hogake to speak, they have to act on their own and if that's not the best window for them to break free from edo tensei then i don't know what is..
I take it those edo hogakes have to act free in order to be able to fully use their brain and ability so if they're still restricted by oro then they wouldn't be that badass as it's proven between the fight of the 1st 3 hokages some time ago...

Since the revival jutsu exist in narutoverse, it's only natural and logical for sasuke main goal to revive his clan especially his family..

I wonder why would a break-free-edo-zombie-madara wants to be revived by rinne tensei now? i mean, he's immortal now, having unbreakable body and power up chakra.. He died around 100 years of age so being revive in that state hardly positive for him..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote