AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-05-14, 12:16   Link #1041
rainbow_star

Got myself 2 new figures!
The chocotto sister one is fully castoffable (except the panty). :P
Spoiler for 2 figures:
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 12:44   Link #1042
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
Got myself 2 new figures!
The chocotto sister one is fully castoffable (except the panty). :P
Spoiler for 2 figures:
cool... except i dont know any of these chars ^^ Neko I was checking ur website in ur may release section u r missin one amazing figure, Shuraki Box-4 Nida hehe
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 18:32   Link #1043
rainbow_star

If you're not lolicon, you won't know what Chocotto sister is. XD
http://www.chocosis.com/

The Noriko one is from the classic anime "Aim for the Top! Gunbuster". Not much young folks know about this anime, it is classic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunbuster

Actually I missed a lot of figure for May and June. I started the site in March, so missed all the figures news released before that.
Old 2008-05-14, 21:34   Link #1044
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:

The Noriko one is from the classic anime "Aim for the Top! Gunbuster". Not much young folks know about this anime, it is classic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunbuster

I've watched the 2nd one, and I love it. I wanted to see the first one, but couldn't find it anywhere

I saw a figma picture of Nono somewhere but cant remember where, if maxfactory gonna make Nono Figma, that will be a must buy ^^
Old 2008-05-15, 00:00   Link #1045
dfens

That's not the most detailed Saber ever. I saw one that was 1/1 scale that went for over $3,500 USD. Had real actual clothes and everything.

My next purchase I'm trying to track down, just got into the series and it's out of print. Hopefully I'll win it on Ebay.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063339
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 00:17   Link #1046
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
That's not the most detailed Saber ever. I saw one that was 1/1 scale that went for over $3,500 USD. Had real actual clothes and everything.

My next purchase I'm trying to track down, just got into the series and it's out of print. Hopefully I'll win it on Ebay.

the 3.500 1/1 is a doll, not a figure. Good luck with the clair figure, i am sogad I got it when it was released ^^
Old 2008-05-15, 06:32   Link #1047
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Wow i love it! but the face is messed up, don't like it. (well it's not messed up but it just doesn't look like saber)
Shinbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 12:42   Link #1048
rainbow_star

Quote:

That 1/1 saber one is just a doll, not figure. And there is not detail on that doll at all!!

That Clare is really nice, but don't be fooled by the pic. The armor in the retail box is not shiny at all, it's just some grey plastic like color.
Old 2008-05-15, 14:08   Link #1049
dfens

I saw actual pics of Clare so I'm not too worried. Yeah the preview one looks better with the shiney chrome armor but it still looks good enough to buy.

It sucks I have so many things on order right now that I wish I could have them all at once. Luckily I have the money for all of them just waiting for release dates.

Still Clare $55.00 + Rei Highschool of the dead $68.00, + Kusanagi Motoko $160.00

I'm at $283.00 not including shipping. Plus I've been looking at other stuff.

That Sabers face still looks wrong. I've wanted a figure of her for the longest time just haven't seen one that looks good enough for the price it commands.
Old 2008-05-15, 17:06   Link #1050
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
I saw actual pics of Clare so I'm not too worried. Yeah the preview one looks better with the shiney chrome armor but it still looks good enough to buy.

It sucks I have so many things on order right now that I wish I could have them all at once. Luckily I have the money for all of them just waiting for release dates.

Still Clare $55.00 + Rei Highschool of the dead $68.00, + Kusanagi Motoko $160.00

I'm at $283.00 not including shipping. Plus I've been looking at other stuff.

That Sabers face still looks wrong. I've wanted a figure of her for the longest time just haven't seen one that looks good enough for the price it commands.

Nice, it's probably better find an anime store so you can pre-0rder any figures instead risk missing it or losing the bid on ebay.
a lot nice figures wont be re-issued... get the saber figma version, you will have a lot fun playing with her and it's only 40 CND ( retail price at my local store) it's more expensive on ebay

also I found about the picture i saw, it is actually a Wonderfest only figure

http://www.riuva.com/?p=280

I so want it, but i dont think i will ever find it anywhere

Last edited by Astrana; 2008-05-16 at 00:40.
Old 2008-05-17, 19:30   Link #1051
dfens

Managed to get me Clare figure it's on it's way. Now for my others all on pre-prder so just a waiting game.

Now I have to find that saber figma version looks pretty cool.
Old 2008-05-19, 13:13   Link #1052
GameraBaenre

Started a new project this weekend: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/?p=142

This kit looks very similar to Bome's 1/4 Kanu Uncho kit that I grabbed from WF Winter earlier this year. However, having come off my recent 1/4 scale build of Yoko, I need a break from fairly large scale resin figures

I got this kit off Y!J from the second to last WHF event. The kit is sculpted by 中山栄治 and interestingly, the kit came with some water slide decals, here is a picture of the kit's packaging.
Spoiler:

Next up was the skirt piece. The skirt comes in 4 parts, which is different from Bome's that comes in two pieces. With four pieces, I glued the two innner parts, then drilled out holes for pinning the outside pieces. The resin was a bit thin on the right side skirt so I placed small rare earth magnets in the corresponding areas, this way, I can have the skirt removable - which forces me to surface prep and paint the legs decently.
Spoiler:

I spent most of the day pinning and cleaning up flash tabs, and ended with the full mock up:
Spoiler:

And of course, the picture with Keroro G3:
Spoiler:

The kit in comparison to Bome's seems to be separated better, as the only gap filling needs are on the robe and various hair pieces. The skirt is cut up so that the seams between two pieces are in natural folds which helps with the removable aspect while hiding some potentially ugly seams. The Bome kit's skirt pieces meet at a flat area so making that kit removable would require some cutting work to hide the seam. There are aspects of each kit that I like, so it is hard to choose one over the other completely. I hope to one day build the Bome kit too

Also, as I build this kit, I'm taking some time to capture some videos of various techniques I use to compete the kit to update some of my tutorials, so if there are any recommendation or suggestions on techniques that would be good to film, please let me know.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 11:14   Link #1053
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, good news, my package that shipped over days ago arrived,
must have been a combination of strikes and holidays
Old 2008-05-20, 13:20   Link #1054
rainbow_star

Nice work man!! I wish I have time to build GK too. I still have lots of GK that I bought 10+ years ago and still untouched. =P
Old 2008-05-20, 15:35   Link #1055
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

I wound definity want to see more ppl doing GK ^^
keep it up
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 22:15   Link #1056
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Nice work man!! I wish I have time to build GK too. I still have lots of GK that I bought 10+ years ago and still untouched. =P
holy... they are probably vintage by now, u should keep them untouched and sell them in 10, 20 years

my local dealer will get his shipment from japan next week, i can finally get my nida and gurren lagan revoltech ^^

Last edited by Astrana; 2008-05-20 at 23:58.
Old 2008-05-21, 00:27   Link #1057
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
SD Plenair with Car

Nice little figure that isnt too expensive. And it's cute ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 09:58   Link #1058
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Huh? I don't remember what I linked to but thats fine (i remember know, I quoted the previous post that had licensed downloads). Are those Haruhi "meister" figs any good? Seems like a steal at about 10 dollars each, but what kind of quality are they?
http://www.animecastle.com/c-23217-s...i-figures.aspx
Old 2008-05-21, 10:56   Link #1059
dfens

Those Haruhi meister figs look like crap. What do you expect for 10 bucks. They look like those sega figures or the not so good trading figures.

If I was you I would save for a better PVC. Price is never a issue with me it's the quality and the pose etc of the figure/statue I'm buying.

Once I passed on a close out statue that retailed for 150 USD and it was only like 35-40 bucks. The only flaw was the faces didn't look right so I passed on it and I'm glad I did. But if the sculptor got the faces right just like that art work design I would have gladly payed full price.
Old 2008-05-21, 11:54   Link #1060
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Is there a good Tsuruya PVC, or is that Clare from Claymore one available anywhere? Nevermind, found this Tsuruya
http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20169 and preordered this Clare http://www.hlj.com/product/BET13133 (I liked her boku armor more anyway )

Last edited by Zeroryoko1974; 2008-05-21 at 12:09.
Zeroryoko1974 is offline   Reply With Quote