AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 11:05   Link #1421
sirn
田舎者言うな

Information from a magazine (TV navi? Megami?) saying this series will finish TV broadcasting on September 25 on TOKYO MX. This pretty much confirmed the series will end its TV broadcasting with episode 12 as originally planned …unless they do another SP episode.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:08   Link #1422
Lummie

^ huh, I thought they planned 15 episodes.

Quote:
An anime adaptation by Shaft started airing on July 3, 2009 and is set for 15 episodes
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakemonogatari
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:09   Link #1423
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Never cite wikipedia as a source (especially in school, its an instant fail). Anyone can change it, anyone.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:11   Link #1424
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Ugh, I'm referring to TV broadcast. From the same article:
Quote:
The series is scheduled to be 15 episodes long but will broadcast only the first 12 episodes. The remaining episodes will be distributed on the official website.
SP created a bit of confusion whether episode 12 or episode 11 will be the last episode (since it adds one week to the original schedule); I posted the schedule above to confirm they'll broadcast episode 12.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:16   Link #1425
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:

The final 3 will be released on the web.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:23   Link #1426
Lummie

Uhu, thanks for the correction Any news about the possibility of a S2?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:41   Link #1427
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Uhu, thanks for the correction Any news about the possibility of a S2?
Only if S1 does well.

Last edited by Zetsubo; 2009-08-24 at 17:11.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 15:42   Link #1428
solomon

You gotta give advertisers time after the broadcast to decide wiether or not there will be continuation. In Bake's case, there has to be great DVD and goods sales and they will want to tally those up.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:40   Link #1429
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Ugh, I'm referring to TV broadcast. From the same article:

SP created a bit of confusion whether episode 12 or episode 11 will be the last episode (since it adds one week to the original schedule); I posted the schedule above to confirm they'll broadcast episode 12.
It's a good thing that ep 12 is pretty nice place to end the broadcast at. I'm really looking forward to it, that is if it'll be what I think it is.

From what I've seen, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there will be sequels in Bake series. I'm doing my part by preordering the blu-rays so I hope for good news.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:25   Link #1430
NOIR001

Excuse me but is this anime any good? Is it like higurashi? Sorry but I'm just too lazy to read tru a bunch of posts to find out.
NOIR001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:48   Link #1431
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
It's good, but I don't really think it's like Higurashi.
Old 2009-08-24, 20:08   Link #1432
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
SHAFT ... King of sequels?

Dunno, guys and gals, I dropped Zetsubou Sensei midway in the second season, but probably that has more to do with the source material. On the other hand, I must praise the consistency with Hidamari and PaniPoni OVA (despite the years that passed in between), I loved both. ef was a mixed bag, IMHO they packed too much material in the first season ... i.e. they weren't planning for a sequel.

Back on Bakemonogatari, I would kill to see Koyomi Vamp animated! What I hear from novel readers here and there has really excited me!

And by the way, despite loving the show, I still believe that the format does no justice to the source, it needs more time for dialogue, OK a live movie or theater play is impossible in this reality, but a movie series like Rakkyo could do the job quite well.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 21:01   Link #1433
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIR001 View Post
Excuse me but is this anime any good? Is it like higurashi? Sorry but I'm just too lazy to read tru a bunch of posts to find out.
Its an awesome show. Just don't dismiss it after the first episode; watch the first few episodes before you drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Back on Bakemonogatari, I would kill to see Koyomi Vamp animated! What I hear from novel readers here and there has really excited me!
That would be ideal. From what we saw in the first episode there is probably a lot of action and you throw in SHAFT's great production quality, it would be awesome.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:20   Link #1434
solomon

Quote:
SHAFT ... King of sequels?

Dunno, guys and gals, I dropped Zetsubou Sensei midway in the second season, but probably that has more to do with the source material. On the other hand, I must praise the consistency with Hidamari and PaniPoni OVA (despite the years that passed in between), I loved both. ef was a mixed bag, IMHO they packed too much material in the first season ... i.e. they weren't planning for a sequel.

And by the way, despite loving the show, I still believe that the format does no justice to the source, it needs more time for dialogue, OK a live movie or theater play is impossible in this reality, but a movie series like Rakkyo could do the job quite well.
On Sensei, the second series has a couple of unique touches that I think deviated from source material, recommend looking at that one.

As for Bakemonogatari, I think it has a great balance between dialogue and visuals. I don't think it really has that much more dialogue per ep than a regular show, but what's great is how unique the dialogue is and how it's perfectly matched with equally unique visuals. I'd be against the addition of any more dialogue as it could potentially weigh the series down. But even then it probably wouldn't be a deal breaker scince at least half of the show is quirky character conversation as opposed to expository jargon (at least the memorable parts).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 21:33   Link #1435
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIR001 View Post
It's not just good. It's awesome. Brilliant dialogues. Very unique and interesting characters. I don't know how you can connect this show with Higurashi though. They're totally different genre.

Quote:
If you still want more. I guess there is no better way rather than reading the light novel itself.
Old 2009-08-24, 22:43   Link #1436
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

I really love the discussions, and the comedy that's mixed in there, along with a good level of seriousness as well.
But the visuals for this anime just take it too a whole new level for me, even though I'm reading subtitles, but sometimes I pause it too look at some of the crazy visuals they put in.
Old 2009-08-25, 04:07   Link #1437
Sch@dows

I think the main reasons I love this show could be reported like this :
- Love youkai and oddities stories !
- The same reason I love Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (1st season) despite having nothing in commun in the story : A forceful female character and a "don't care" male character dragged along.

15 episodes seem a little awkward, so I hope it will be like Samurai Champloo, Gantz, or Initial D 4th Stage, and will resume (on another channel ?) shortly after this "season" ends (not ID case but new episodes were constantly added to the planning as the show was being aired).
Sch@dows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:41   Link #1438
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

I feel like I have to write at least a few sentences about this amazing show.

For some reason I completely overlooked it and even when I started watching it after 3 episodes were already out, I didn't think it would be that good. In fact, at first I thought the supposedly "artistic" animation & art would be annoying in the long run. But when Senjougahara cornered Araragi and threatened him with a snap-off blade knife and a stapler in his mouth - well, that caught me by surprise completely and made me realize just how awesome Bakemonogatari is!

Here's why I like it:

- Dialogues - well, it's not really weird considering the anime is mostly dialogues, but who doesn't love watching Araragi and Senjougahara banter? I don't think I've ever watched an anime with such witty interactions and sharp humor.

- Characters - love most of them! Senjougahara is now definitely the coolest female anime character I've ever seen. Seriously, she's too awesome for words Araragi is pretty interesting and it's funny to watch him try to hold his ground when he's talking with Senjougahara. Meme is also a cool and mysterious dude who wrestles with Japanese gods like it's nothing.

- Wacky animation and art style: I've come to love it and I think it really fits the show.

There's this another anime forum that I visit and apparently some people were expecting Bakemonogatari to be an action anime with vampires and lots of violence and now they're disappointed because "all they do is talk" (So no, to the person who asked - it's nothing like Higurashi). But Bakemonogatari is definitely 10/10 in my book

I wish I knew Japanese so I could read the novels as well
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 22:52   Link #1439
martialangel

this is a modified image from a previous episode, does anyone know which story/episode is this one from?

martialangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 23:08   Link #1440
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Basically from episode 1. But what's with that green stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVgj...eature=related

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural