AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-16, 14:39   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Rurouni Kenshin: Q about Sano

I'd like to know if anyone can tell me why Sano is wearing the kanji for evil on his back? I think it was explained in the manga but i have the french version and my french isn't that great so i didn't understand. And I didn't see the entire series either

Thx in advance
Old 2003-12-16, 15:32   Link #2
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Hm, I think because he hates the government now or smth and his "captain" was killed by them etc etc, he just likes to act tough. :x

I know the feeling btw, my french sucks too, but since french manga is the only manga we can get here, I guess I'm stuck with them. >.> (hates french btw)
Old 2003-12-16, 15:41   Link #3
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
basicly LBW is right he wanted to become a gangster 4 hire after what happened he would take any job he enjoyed
Old 2003-12-17, 15:20   Link #4
ryublade

When Sano was a kid, he belonged to a group of soldiers (can't remember the group's name) who worked for the Meiji government during the revolution and who were betrayed by the Meiji government. It seems that the group were told if they helped the Meiji government, the government would lower the taxes. Unfortunately, the Meiji government discovered they couldn't afford to lower the taxes so they decided to blame the group of soldiers Sano was with and labeled them liars for spreading false news. Thus, Sano's group were labeled as the "evil ones" and killed. Thus, Sano now wears the symbol evil as a statement against the government. If I am wrong, sorry and please feel free to correct me.
Old 2003-12-17, 17:47   Link #5
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade
When Sano was a kid, he belonged to a group of soldiers (can't remember the group's name) who worked for the Meiji government during the revolution and who were betrayed by the Meiji government. It seems that the group were told if they helped the Meiji government, the government would lower the taxes. Unfortunately, the Meiji government discovered they couldn't afford to lower the taxes so they decided to blame the group of soldiers Sano was with and labeled them liars for spreading false news. Thus, Sano's group were labeled as the "evil ones" and killed. Thus, Sano now wears the symbol evil as a statement against the government. If I am wrong, sorry and please feel free to correct me.
Little correction. The meiji government did paint the backs of the fake soilders (Sanosuke group) with the kanji "wicked", so he is now wearing the kanji in memory of that fact.

Fake soilders because the government used them as added troops, but they really were just farmers.
Old 2003-12-18, 16:16   Link #6
7thMethuselah

thx guys this clears up that little itching question

on a side note: LBW you can get alot of english manga too in belgium but it's more expensive (most of them are tokyopop, some are viz), I know a few shops in Antwerpen Brussel or Leuven where you can get those, another way is to order them online, just msg me if you wanna know location of those stores
Old 2003-12-19, 11:07   Link #7
LBW
I like obscure crap

No thanks, I know all those stores in Antwerpen; I'm just not willing to pay a shitload of money for the american versions. x)
Old 2003-12-21, 08:56   Link #8
e2-
Genius!

Sanosuke is a bad ass...
Old 2003-12-21, 09:11   Link #9
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2-
Sanosuke is a bad ass...
He is, but I wonder why he dropped his sword..
Old 2003-12-21, 09:19   Link #10
whatever123

didnt kenshin cut it in half when they fought the first time

also he is better with his fists
Old 2003-12-21, 10:06   Link #11
Muraki
Dreamer

Saitoh's better w/ his fists Sano got owned by him during their little fight before the journey to Kyoto (?)

Not sure if that's quite right...I'm really not a big fan of Kenshin...but I know Saitoh owns Sano >_>
Old 2003-12-21, 10:33   Link #12
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
didnt kenshin cut it in half when they fought the first time
My post was a rant, not a question
Old 2003-12-21, 15:31   Link #13
whatever123

i thought u meant it how stupid of me coz i remembered when
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-29, 01:48   Link #14
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i thought u meant it how stupid of me coz i remembered when
Spoiler:
Gotta love how he fix it XD and then it broke again...
Old 2004-01-02, 14:39   Link #15
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraki
Saitoh's better w/ his fists Sano got owned by him during their little fight before the journey to Kyoto (?)

Not sure if that's quite right...I'm really not a big fan of Kenshin...but I know Saitoh owns Sano >_>

well that was before our amigo sanusuke learned about the double kick trick, i'd love to see them facing each other again

Oh yeah, Saito is cool too
Old 2004-01-02, 15:24   Link #16
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
yes but each time , Saito refuses the fight
and LBW,u said u hate french, do u mean french people or the language because no racism here ...
Old 2004-01-02, 16:51   Link #17
LBW
I like obscure crap

The language; I'm not a racist at all, sorry if it was a little confusing.

You can't blame me, being forced to learn it, having the biggest asshole teachers for it every single year and still not being able to speak it decently. ^^';;
Old 2004-01-05, 12:42   Link #18
moin126

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
Hm, I think because he hates the government now or smth and his "captain" was killed by them etc etc, he just likes to act tough. :x

I know the feeling btw, my french sucks too, but since french manga is the only manga we can get here, I guess I'm stuck with them. >.> (hates french btw)
<Something something> with your act tuff
is that in a negative way to sano after everything hes been thro
sagara souzo was deheaded goddamit its his pride his honor on that kanji and its cool

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-01-05 at 14:36. Reason: Colourful Language Removed
Old 2004-01-05, 13:12   Link #19
whatever123

Quote:
Originally Posted by moin126
<Post was deleted by Mod>
r u one of the survivors of the sekihotai or shinsen gumi?

who mentioned anything about naruto. light up i also like kenshin more than naruto but naruto is still a good show

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-01-05 at 14:38.
Old 2007-11-28, 00:52   Link #20
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Sanosuke is of the sekhio army that went up against the Meji government and the whole army dispersed when Taishou Sangara was beheaded
Closed Thread