AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-01-04, 18:06   Link #41
Jaden

That's true to be honest. But if I had to revive someone, then Hayate...would be nice to have a sword user.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 08:25   Link #42
Eclipze

Someone mind posting a pic of Hayate? Its been too long since I've seen the first few episodes...

@Hunter: Actually, with Naruto being a shounen anime, I cant really see who else they could've killed off if they wanted to keep the "shounen" element intact.

If you like to see action + people dieing in an anime, watch Mai Hime
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 13:00   Link #43
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

There're countless shounen manga not as deathless as Naruto or worst One Piece.
Rock Lee, Chouji, Neji
Spoiler:
to name a few could or should have died.

What I'm saying is that a fight isn't as good as it could be when you know that the good guys can't die no matter what even when they sacrifice themself.
What's the point of suicidal move if ultimately they barely mean a few days in a hospital.

I think I have the 10 first episodes of Mai Hime somewhere, never took the time to watch them though ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 13:52   Link #44
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Hahahahaha, I don't think so!

Haku got burned by one of Sasuke's fireballs after he first started getting used to aiming with his Sharingan.

Itachi is a master of Sharingan and he could probably knock out the ice mirrors with one blast!

What was it Haku said? "This level of Fire Element Jutsu cannot melt these mirrors?"

Something like that. I'm sure Itachi could, if not with a regular Katon then with Amerterasu (I doubt he'd even have to use that level of jutsu). Plus the moment he and Haku make eye contact Haku is screwed.

But Haku was cool he should not have died.

Hello buddeh! Just wanted to point out a few flaws in your argument.

1.) The Ice of Haku's walls arent just regular ice. They are laced with solid chakra and its a bloodline technique. I doubt Amaretsu will melt it. It will cover one Mirror in fire but it wont melt it.

2.) 2-dot Sharingan spotting Haku moving at that speed is bs. People move slower and he had trouble watching them. People had conversations when Gated Lee was rocking Gaara midair. Ungated Lee was much faster than a slightly better trained Sharingan. And we know Haku was moving as fast as the gates if not faster. He did lose a lot of speed later on as his chakra level dropped from playing around with the kids. But even the greatly reduced speed is not enough for 2-dot to spot. We saw the "water-drop scenario". Its crazy.

3.) Haku is moving at gate-speed. Even if Haku makes eye-contact, he moves so fast Itachi doesnt have time to blink and trigger Amaretsu or Tsukuyomi. Hes damn fast.

4.) Haku IS damn cool. If he trained and got upgraded after Timeskip like all the other Genins, he would have easily rocked Itachi. Or at least put 1 needle in each swirl of his Sharingan.

Point: Haku > Any Uchiha.
Secondary Point: Anyone (yes, even Ramen Girl or Akamaru) > Any Uchiha.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:05   Link #45
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
If you like to see action + people dieing in an anime, watch Mai Hime
Spoiler for those who haven't watched it:
Anyways, I would've liked to see Hayate, Kimimaro, and Kin survived.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:11   Link #46
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
3.) Haku is moving at gate-speed. Even if Haku makes eye-contact, he moves so fast Itachi doesnt have time to blink and trigger Amaretsu or Tsukuyomi. Hes damn fast.
Actually the needles are the only thing moving fast // haku wasnt anywhere near gate speed by himself his speed was just use to show how much more better he was than naruto and sasuke just comming out of the academy and the 2 dot sharingan was enough to slow it right down and almost hit him with a fireball and sasuke beat haku to naruto .. Your over-rating him.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:16   Link #47
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Actually the needles are the only thing moving fast // haku wasnt anywhere near gate speed by himself his speed was just use to show how much more better he was than naruto and sasuke just comming out of the academy and the 2 dot sharingan was enough to slow it right down and almost hit him with a fireball and sasuke beat haku to naruto .. Your over-rating him.
Boo! He lost chakra playing with Genins. He significantly slowed down as helost chakra in the fight. If he were serious they were dead 2 seconds into the attack. Game set and match. Same problem Itachi would be in.

If Sasuke could see him with a brand-new Sharingan IN THE MIRRORS, and Kakashi with a more experienced Sharingan couldnt see Haku OUTSIDE THE MIRRORS then ... you do the math. Who's really playa-hating? Me? Or Kish??
Old 2006-01-05, 14:25   Link #48
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Boo! He lost chakra playing with Genins. He significantly slowed down as helost chakra in the fight. If he were serious they were dead 2 seconds into the attack. Game set and match. Same problem Itachi would be in.
No that wasnt stated but yes he could of killed them in 2 seconds but he never was actually that fast only the needles .. itachi would never get caught in the mirrors your being silly.

Quote:
If Sasuke could see him with a brand-new Sharingan IN THE MIRRORS, and Kakashi with a more experienced Sharingan couldnt see Haku OUTSIDE THE MIRRORS then ... you do the math. Who's really playa-hating? Me? Or Kish??
the mirrors were solid it has nothing to do with the sharingan its not the byakugan.
Old 2006-01-05, 14:38   Link #49
MobiuS

Quote:
No that wasnt stated but yes he could of killed them in 2 seconds but he never was actually that fast only the needles .. itachi would never get caught in the mirrors your being silly.
Er ... he did state he had lost speed due to chakra depletion so he needed to end it fast. He can teleport up to Itachi and cast the jutsu. Itachi is a cocky clown. He wont move when you are casting a jutsu. He has never attempted to dodge a jutsu. Because he thinks he can get out of every situation. He WILL get caught in the mirrors and he WILL be killed :P

Quote:
the mirrors were solid it has nothing to do with the sharingan its not the Byakugan.
The mirrors were solid eh? But Naruto managed to jump through into the jutsu. And your comment had no relevance to what you quoted me on. Sasuke's new sharingan in the jutsu can see Haku yet a better, more experienced Sharingan doesnt see him outside the speed-pumping mirrors. Hmm. I think Kish goofed. Sasuke isnt that blessed.
Old 2006-01-05, 14:41   Link #50
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Er ... he did state he had lost speed due to chakra depletion so he needed to end it fast. He can teleport up to Itachi and cast the jutsu. Itachi is a cocky clown. He wont move when you are casting a jutsu. He has never attempted to dodge a jutsu. Because he thinks he can get out of every situation. He WILL get caught in the mirrors and he WILL be killed :P
Hes too fast to get caught .. haku never would the mirrors were easily broken by naruto without a tail and deflected the needles with jus the power he had then .. well ok but haku was never that fast only the needles :P .. you cant compare his speed to the gates.

Quote:
The mirrors were solid eh? But Naruto managed to jump through into the jutsu. And your comment had no relevance to what you quoted me on. Sasuke's new sharingan in the jutsu can see Haku yet a better, more experienced Sharingan doesnt see him outside the speed-pumping mirrors. Hmm. I think Kish goofed. Sasuke isnt that blessed.
Werent there small gaps between the mirrors ? naruto jumped through those .. kakashi was way back and the mist was surrounding him ..
Old 2006-01-05, 14:52   Link #51
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Hello buddeh! Just wanted to point out a few flaws in your argument.

1.) The Ice of Haku's walls arent just regular ice. They are laced with solid chakra and its a bloodline technique. I doubt Amaretsu will melt it. It will cover one Mirror in fire but it wont melt it.
You are crazy.
The mirrors broke when Haku was projected through them by Naruto's blow and this blow didn't even hurt Haku that much.
The level of Sasuke's Katon jutsu wasn't enough by then to burn the mirror but higher ones would have turned them to nothing and I'm not talking about the Amaterasu.

Quote:
2.) 2-dot Sharingan spotting Haku moving at that speed is bs. People move slower and he had trouble watching them. People had conversations when Gated Lee was rocking Gaara midair. Ungated Lee was much faster than a slightly better trained Sharingan. And we know Haku was moving as fast as the gates if not faster. He did lose a lot of speed later on as his chakra level dropped from playing around with the kids. But even the greatly reduced speed is not enough for 2-dot to spot. We saw the "water-drop scenario". Its crazy.
You need to re-read this part of the show, Haku never said that he slowed down in the first place, he said that he couldn't maintain the kind of speed he used for too long if the fight was to continue and that was after Sasuke started to avoid all his attacks.
As a matter of fact Haku stated that Sasuke was getting used to his speed and could avoid to be hit at vital spots while protecting Naruto at the same time whereas he didn't even have awakened the Sharingan yet and at the very moment he got it Haku couldn't hit him at all.
That's why Haku had to be smart and used Naruto's body as a bait to be able to hit Sasuke.

Fact is that Haku's best jutsu got beat by a Sasuke post Lee's speed and Chidori.
Sasuke at Chuunin exam level would have beat Haku rather easily and a post timeskip Sasuke would have obliterated him.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 16:01   Link #52
Rurik
Golden

Have to agree with Hunter...Kishi have been reluctant to pull the trigger in this series..heck the only really good guy that has been killed is Saru, and he was not even that important to the storyline. Neeji Chouki and Gaara should had died.

@Eclipze
I have seen the fisrt 5 Ep of Mai Hime, it came to a surprise to me that further on, characters are killed...
Old 2006-01-05, 17:48   Link #53
Sacyn

Instead of killing people off, much more people should've become permanently disabled from fighting in certain situations. People have been beaten up so heavily in some cases that you'd expect an arm to fall off or some permanent damage or change to a person. I dislike when a character is just ignored at some point and comes back with some new moves that have been trained "in the mean time", just because they quickly need an extra character.

Anyway Haku was a nice character and so was Kimimaru (sp), but killing them was a part of their appearance within naruto and did contribute something to the storyline.

But unfortunately if someone is hurt in naruto, he's never really permanently hurt and finds a way to deal with his injury. Orochimaru's disabled arms won't bother him much and neither will rock lee's injury. Even though drunken master rock lee's fight (The first one, not the filler one) was possibly the most awesome fight in the anime, I still think he shouldn't have gotten a comeback.
Sacyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 18:53   Link #54
the-1

dosu. his character was shaping up nicely, and all of sudden they just killed him off. he didn't even get to fight in the last part of the exam.
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 18:56   Link #55
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
(Feels no need to answer)
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:39   Link #56
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Also anyone notice that Nuruto Hasn't yet killed anyone. Even Kabuto lived when Naruto Used Rasengan on him. Choji and Neji have killed.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:47   Link #57
shadowsoul

Yondaime- too bad he died in the first moments of naruto
shadowsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 09:33   Link #58
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
There're countless shounen manga not as deathless as Naruto or worst One Piece.
Rock Lee, Chouji, Neji
Spoiler:
to name a few could or should have died.

What I'm saying is that a fight isn't as good as it could be when you know that the good guys can't die no matter what even when they sacrifice themself.
What's the point of suicidal move if ultimately they barely mean a few days in a hospital.
i gotta agree with most of that... not Rock Lee though... dying against gaara would have been to soon for him, and dying in the surgery would have been really lame (though it would be one hell of a sad scene... hmm...)

Its thanks to Chouji and Neji that i can't believe a naruto good guy can die...
Seriously, those scenes had much forsadowing and were so incredibly dramatized, and even included final thoughts... man, when i saw Chouji say his final thoughts and fall against the tree under the sunlight my first thought was "crap... he... died, and just when i was starting to like him too...", and after Neji fell with his final thoughts, i said "another... just died... man, kisimoto's a bastard, but i love it"... the worst moment was when those medical ninjas said that they were critically wounded and not dead... ya that was it... i loos all faith in seeig a character die...
Seriously, your not supposed to over dramatize that much if their gonna live -.-

grant it, i know there are plenty of shonen anime's that hold off on the killing... i just get ticked off when the anime gives off the feel like someone died, but then let the character live on... so evil...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 21:04   Link #59
tendollarbill

Definitely Hayate, I want to see more of his sword jutsu, that will be so cool. The 3rd, the coolest (perverted) Hokage. The 3 sounds ninjas (Kin, Dosu, and the other guy dont know his name) use as Oro toy, but they were the coolest trio.
tendollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 22:36   Link #60
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Haku and Zabuza:
This ending was very sad. It almost had me in tears. Well..not in tears, but I was very teary eyed. I wish they had lived, some more Haku or Zabuza action would have been cool

Yondaime and The Third:
It's very sad that these two hokages had to die for Konoha. Though, their deaths were not in vain, I still really wish atleast one of them had lived :|

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote